The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lots of new faces here since I was active. What's your why?

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
All I wanted to do was be able to afford to get my husband's teeth fixed.

Anything I can do to help with this @Bekit, I will! There is a program in Colorado known as Dental Lifeline Network that may be a great fit for your husband and there should be an online link to the program's application. Encourage him to check it out!

My why is because I can be better. I can provide more for others, be more gracious, create more freedom for loved ones, rescue more animals. I find asking myself why less frequently than asking how to adapt after action towards the why.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BLIM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
May 24, 2018
Singapore
Way back when my why was my kid and raising her. We invested in real estate and had a small business. The kid grew up, the investments paid for her education. She has since moved to Hollywood and is actively pursuing her dream. Even though we had some bumps in the road, overall our strategies and planning worked.

Now I am in a different phase in my life and we travel a lot more often and explore more places. Still doing REI and redirecting business interests. Also reading Unscripted .

I am always curious about why others get involved in entrepreneurship. What is your why?

This is my WHY.

I am currently working full time job 9-6 and enough to cover my daily expenses. The reason I want to get involved in entrepreneurship is I don't want to stuck in corporate world for the rest of my life. By the time I get older our value will be decrease. so I need a backup plan and start my own journey, although it's not easy but it's worth to try and the end will be good as long as I keep consistent.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I've come up with some great ideas/systems/designs that added value for my employers. But after leaving those companies, I have no assets of my own.
I've scrimped and saved on luxuries because I value the security of a hefty savings account. But after my most recent layoff, I'm eating rice and beans out of necessity instead of thriftiness.

I feel like I've done everything "right", but I ultimately have nothing to show for it.

This.

switching_lanes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 24, 2019
Austria
Want to see my kids grow up and break free from the corporate world. Obtain as much freedom as possible.
I'm at the point, where I am yet to get started though.

switching_lanes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 24, 2019
Austria
My why is because I can, nothing more nothing less. No one can tell me what I can and cant do that’s up to me to decide and prepare for the ups and downs. If it all goes wrong we will be back at square 1. Working for someone until you get back on track.

Lets see if we can retire at a young age, not just hope we can!
Love the attitude!

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
I want to be filthy rich, just because I can. You only have one life (as cliche as that is), why would you spend it being normal, slaving away for someone else for some measly pay? F*ck that, I want to travel, drive nice cars, live in luxury. I often think I sound like an a**hole for saying that, but it's what I want so why not try to achieve it?

vitality11

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Sep 12, 2015
OK
Building a business and leaving my job is a blessing that I worked towards and feel very grateful for.
I could not have done it without support from my family and from the right mentorship from biophase.
In addition, making a few fastlane friends here who I am really good friends in real life has been a major rock for me mentally. I give all the credit to life's influences and the people who have been kind to me. Yes, I've put in the work and the hours of course but so many things had to happen for me to have the work ethic to begin with. So it is difficult to take the credit and say "I did this". Honestly, for me it's impossible to say that "I did this". I put in the time and the rest was just blessed (yes, sometimes I get a bit spiritual with this game). That is why what I preach the most is - how much time are you putting into your business? If you are starting out, it should be multiple hours per day consistently.

My WHY was simple. Why Not?
Why not do my best and try all I can to find a way out of the corporate job and live a freedom fastlane lifestyle.
I used to go to work from 9-6 pm... I got all this spare time in the evening... so why not use it for something that can blossom into something fantastic?
If others can do it, why can't I? It's not NBA where I need to be a certain height to play. So I can do it!
If others can do it successfully, so can I as long as I choose to invest my energy in it.
The only thing I can't control is how long it would take but I'll be out there swinging the bat at every single shot no matter how silly I may look. What else is there to do in life besides swinging the bat at the fastlane ball? So there really is no better thing to do than to work on a fastlane in free time.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was the giddy kid who had just conquered the hardest course program his school offered and gallivated into what was described to me as a "completely open and beautiful, rewarding field" of opportunity.
Barely 2 months into my first Job (Critical IT infrastructure), working 12 hour days where the boss would get testy if you tried to take your (federally alotted) 15 minute breaks and dealing with bureaucratic stops and lurches that would make a soviet party-member weep with joy; I realized that the script was complete bullshit and that someone was trying to make me a the stop-gap cog in their machine, that they wanted me to sit at a desk, sacrificing days of my life to carry their failures like atlas himself until I was old and decrepit and ready to keel over and die.
At that point I started listening to the Tim Ferris podcast and poking around with Chris Guillebeau and Seth Godin books because I knew I could do something that will provide value to others the way I did at a job but be infinitely more rewarding and impactful.

I had my FTE when they tried to put me on night shift (still 12s, this due to the night shift staff having nervous breakdowns and quitting, a frequent occurrence) while I was going to a night school program out of pocket, and promptly left.

I took two months for myself to complete school and poke around with PoD merch (didn't pan out), and took a smoother, less-demanding position elsewhere that has a better mission I can toil under for the time being.
I'm currently playing around with a lot of ideas (like most wanterpreneurs) but I'm getting ready to take the leap, and I think I'd be perfectly willing to quite this job to do that.
Oh boy. I supported mission critical IT infrastructure for 15 years. I can’t say I miss the pager going off.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.