The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Losers will never win

Anything related to matters of the mind

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I was sitting in class with my boy @Krishanp_07 and he was talking about how we wants to start making money so I put him on TMF .

I bought him a pair of shoes so he can start his reselling journey.
"they dont want to come pick up at my house"

I took him window cleaning for a day with me to teach him D2D.
"i want to do roof cleaning instead"

I gave him my slybroadcast account so he can run ringless voicemails.
"it didn't work"

I gave him my old Facebook Oven Cleaning page so he can close my unclosed leads from before.
"I can't go to clean her oven because of school"

Only losers make excuses. Losers get happy when they face an obstacle because it gives them an excuse to quit. A winner will always find a way around the obstacle.

WINNERS ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO WIN AND LOSERS ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO LOSE

This is a challenge to you @Krishanp_07. Start a progress thread right now and make $2000 in July. @ me here on July 31st to make this post look stupid.

Good luck my friend. - sorry for roasting you but it had to be said

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

caravaggio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 12, 2023
My son is 15. I let him find out who he wants to be and who he is. I am located in Europe. If things go on like this, with 17 he will probably be standing at the east front like my grandfather in 1941. Also with 17. I have no issue w my son not being on the TMF with 15.

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 14, 2022
I was sitting in class with my boy @Krishanp_07 and he was talking about how we wants to start making money so I put him on TMF .

"it didn't work"

I gave him my old Facebook Oven Cleaning page so he can close my unclosed leads from before.

Only losers make excuses. Losers get happy when they face an obstacle because it gives them an excuse to quit. A winner will always find a way around the obstacle.

This is a challenge to you @Krishanp_07. Start a progress thread right now and make $2000 in July. @ me here on July 31st to make this post look stupid.

I really relate with this, I've noticed that I continuedly make excuses to stay in my comfort zone and that's why ill never succeed if I don't change my attitude.

Losers can't find a way
Winners CAN FIND a way
it's all about mindset

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
My son is 15. I let him find out who he wants to be and who he is. I am located in Europe. If things go on like this, with 17 he will probably be standing at the east front like my grandfather in 1941. Also with 17. I have no issue w my son not being on the TMF with 15.
Due to English not being your native language you have misunderstood.

If your son for example wanted to join the Army, asked advice from someone in the Army, joined a Military Forum yet did nothing with any of the information received except give an excuse as to why they can't do xyz you would question either your son's desire to join the Army or his mindset.

Swap Army for anything you like. Play football for Man City, learn piano, go to Oxford, become a scaffolder, &c. In this scenario it is the persons desire to make money from a simple business a teeenager could do.

Dan

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
@Krishanp_07

It is now July 31st.

I haven’t seen any updates on your progress thread.

Have you dumped the loser excuse mindset and made massive progress towards your goals in these 2 months?

Or have you done absolutely nothing?

@Jrjohnny is 13 years old living in the same city as you and has gotten his product off the ground with his first sale in this time.

NO EXCUSES

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
@Krishanp_07

It is now July 31st.

Have you dumped the loser excuse mindset and made massive progress towards your goals in these 2 months?

@Jrjohnny is 13 years old living in the same city as you and has gotten his product off the ground with his first sale in this time.

NO EXCUSES
You cannot make someone else do anything. Is this really important enough to call him out? It sounds like you're disappointed in him. OK. You can't change what is. Next!
So, what are you doing? How are you doing? What's your best idea for the moment?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
@Krishanp_07

It is now July 31st.

NO EXCUSES

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you should let this one go homie.

Let Krishan watch you. Let him see you succeed. Maybe that'll motivate him. Your job isn't to motivate him, your job is to make yourself rich.

Look out for #1.

In the meantime, maybe he'll come back and prove us all wrong. But that's not your job.

Pain Brain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 19, 2023

"it didn't work"

That is some good advice. Having a friend call me out on excuses while I was younger would have given me some perspective I'd now appreciate. Good looking out for your peers.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
That is some good advice. Having a friend call me out on excuses while I was younger would have given me some perspective I'd now appreciate. Good looking out for your peers.
I've said in an earlier post that you cannot change anyone else. I think that truism needs some more meat on its bones. It's true. You cannot force another person to better themselves or make meaningful changes in the long term. Any forced changes only last a hot minute. That hot minute only happens IF you're standing over them with a big stick or you dangle a huge carrot in their face. Then, almost immediately, they are back to their life as usual. It's only a hiccup in the scheme of things.

BUT YOU CAN SOMETIMES INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE (FOR GOOD OR BAD) IF YOU KNOW HOW AND ARE WILLING TO DO THE WORK!!!!

I could write a long book about this subject. I've been studying and working on this idea since I was a little girl. Most of the time, it has minimal influence or it plainly doesn't work. When it does work, the results can be life-changing for everyone involved. That's why I only count the wins. They are worth the string of failures from all the still-born attempts.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 30, 2023
Shit. Easy to say that you're a winner when you have a streak of wins.

But when you only have everything getting worse day by day, then what?

There is a good reason why it goes worse and worse - for me it is that I didn't do anything to improve customer acquisition.

But when the exhaustion sets in... I don't know what happens to mind, but you become a bitch after that. I hate it. But it happens to me every time, and even though on those moments I know I am not doing my best, after you've tried seemingly everything, and it still doesn't work, you want to quit.

Cause and effect are powerful tools to dissolve it, of course. But when you are there... And you fail again and again, the light ahead gets darker and darker.

Ultimately, "the superior man knows it is always his own undoing", but...

F*ck. How easy it is to speculate here after s shower instead of doing the work.

---
Also, how does one get out of such spiralling down thoughts?
Look, after line I remember about about a different thing. It's always like that when I start writing and I didn't succeed. Loads of thoughts and it only gets worse. And then it gets worse because you realize that you have no prospects for the future, so far.

And again a thought loop continues.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
There is a good reason why it goes worse and worse - for me it is that I didn't do anything to improve customer acquisition.

What can you do TODAY to improve customer acquisition?

Yes that's the entire point. Get a streak of wins.

2 weeks ago me and @perchboy were talking about selling Google My Business profile optimization as a service. He tried selling it and nobody said yes. He did ringless voicemails, contacted I don't know how many at least 1k+. They kept asking about "how many leads can you get me" and "can you promise me leads". I asked if he could actually promise them, he said yes but that GMB optimization service wasn't recurring so it was less profitable overall. I told him to add reputation management on top, @23Infinity told him to sell Google ads & add GMB on top of it because GMB = easy wins for the client and Google ads bring recurring revenue & a steady stream of leads. Assuming he does a good job and doens't F*ck up their account, they'll get the leads they want.

And now he's selling ads and got a few clients to sign up with him. I don't know if he's doing GMB as well, but he might as well because it's an easy short-term win that will get leads quickly & show up in search. It's almost as if "winning" comes from seeing something through until you get sales. You think he wins every time he does something? No, he doesn't, he just doesn't quit.

And @Krishanp_07 was there, too, listening to our conversation. He heard all the value we were dropping, maybe he'll do something about it, maybe not, but it's really no skin off my back if he doesn't do anything with it.

Pain Brain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 19, 2023
I've said in an earlier post that you cannot change anyone else. I think that truism needs some more meat on its bones. It's true. You cannot force another person to better themselves or make meaningful changes in the long term. Any forced changes only last a hot minute. That hot minute only happens IF you're standing over them with a big stick or you dangle a huge carrot in their face. Then, almost immediately, they are back to their life as usual. It's only a hiccup in the scheme of things.

BUT YOU CAN SOMETIMES INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE (FOR GOOD OR BAD) IF YOU KNOW HOW AND ARE WILLING TO DO THE WORK!!!!

I could write a long book about this subject. I've been studying and working on this idea since I was a little girl. Most of the time, it has minimal influence or it plainly doesn't work. When it does work, the results can be life-changing for everyone involved. That's why I only count the wins. They are worth the string of failures from all the still-born attempts.
It depends on the person. You are right to say you cannot change anyone else. That is the responsibility of the person to whether they will make that change. However some people aren't aware that their actions are counterproductive to their goals. It is helpful to be held accountable and by the looks of it, the friend is trying but just hasn't gotten his drive yet.

Some positive reinforcement can be beneficial for both parties. It may be in vain or it could make for a pair of lifelong business partners.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023

Yeah, that’s honestly perfect example.

I asked one of my friends if they want to go the gym with me, they said sure.

I asked another, he said sure.

I asked a third and he said no and I realized he wasn’t willing to go that far.

I thought these 2 friends would be inconsistent, weve gone 3x in 3 days.

I push them, like “one more etc” they keep going.

Heck they are starting to plan dates without me, but they just needed me to get the wheels running,

its like teaching a kid to ride a bike.

You hold on, walk with them, they begin to pedal, you have to jog, then run, then you let go and they zoom.

But sometimes, some kids don’t want to learn to ride a bike, whether it’s not in their interest (working out or videogames?) or they have other things they want to do (Healthy eating or that pack of Doritos?)

Or they’re just not ready.

Im happy with my friends, they’re happy with their decisions, it’s a win win.

Now imagine in another world if one of my friends and I had to go to the other ones house, knock on the door, parents let us in and we legit have to drag our friend out of bed.

They’d say “go without me, I’ll be there in 10.”

and they never show

Almost like a prisoner trying to escape, as soon as a guard shows up, they’ll change up their act, but once the guards leave, they keep digging.

Now I thank perchboy for using me as a example to motivate his friend, but it all comes down to his decision.

Perchboy is trying to help his friend out for the better, I respect that.

He’s taking the role of a leader at a teenage age, most people don’t learn that till their early 20s or even early 30s.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Some positive reinforcement can be beneficial
I find little nudges work better.

Some lines for aspiring leaders and parents.

"Criticise in private. Praise in public."

"Catch them when they're good."

"It's my fault."

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada

But when you only have everything getting worse day by day, then what?

But when the exhaustion sets in... I don't know what happens to mind, but you become a bitch after that. I hate it. But it happens to me every time, and even though on those moments I know I am not doing my best, after you've tried seemingly everything, and it still doesn't work, you want to quit.

Cause and effect are powerful tools to dissolve it, of course. But when you are there... And you fail again and again, the light ahead gets darker and darker.

Ultimately, "the superior man knows it is always his own undoing", but...

F*ck. How easy it is to speculate here after s shower instead of doing the work.

---
Also, how does one get out of such spiralling down thoughts?
Look, after line I remember about about a different thing. It's always like that when I start writing and I didn't succeed. Loads of thoughts and it only gets worse. And then it gets worse because you realize that you have no prospects for the future, so far.

And again a thought loop continues.

Its not about getting wins. Its about persistent ACTION.

Wins will come naturally if you act, assess, and adjust over and over and over again.

I failed business after business for 7 months, but then I finally broke through.

It was like this:
chart2.jpg

Things will go wrong all the time. Instead of stressing over it, learn from it and improve for next time.

Have 100% belief that you will succeed in the end. You will be happy for things to go wrong because you know that every failure is a step closer to success. You will also never consider giving up that way.

Complaining does nothing. If you are fed up, go out and fix it.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
It depends on the person. You are right to say you cannot change anyone else. That is the responsibility of the person to whether they will make that change. However some people aren't aware that their actions are counterproductive to their goals. It is helpful to be held accountable and by the looks of it, the friend is trying but just hasn't gotten his drive yet.

Some positive reinforcement can be beneficial for both parties. It may be in vain or it could make for a pair of lifelong business partners.
You're right. It's up to them, but I do a lot of nudging.

IF I can get them to think that it's their idea to make the change, that's a golden moment! The person must be primed and ready for the change. It's a matter of being mature enough to understand a new reality and take action on that knowledge. I love to see that flash of light come into their eyes when they have that breakthrough aha moment.

My biggest part in all of this is to publically give that person credit for the idea and to have taken the action steps. I know that my real power is behind the chair rather than sitting front and center. Many times the person making the changes doesn't even realize that I prompted them. That is as it should be. The most powerful act of giving is when it happens quietly behind the scenes without the giver taking credit or being acknowledged.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Yeah, that’s honestly perfect example.

I asked one of my friends if they want to go the gym with me, they said sure.

I asked another, he said sure.

I asked a third and he said no and I realized he wasn’t willing to go that far.

I thought these 2 friends would be inconsistent, weve gone 3x in 3 days.

I push them, like “one more etc” they keep going.

Heck they are starting to plan dates without me, but they just needed me to get the wheels running,

its like teaching a kid to ride a bike.

You hold on, walk with them, they begin to pedal, you have to jog, then run, then you let go and they zoom.

But sometimes, some kids don’t want to learn to ride a bike, whether it’s not in their interest (working out or videogames?) or they have other things they want to do (Healthy eating or that pack of Doritos?)

Or they’re just not ready.

Im happy with my friends, they’re happy with their decisions, it’s a win win.

Now imagine in another world if one of my friends and I had to go to the other ones house, knock on the door, parents let us in and we legit have to drag our friend out of bed.

They’d say “go without me, I’ll be there in 10.”

and they never show

Almost like a prisoner trying to escape, as soon as a guard shows up, they’ll change up their act, but once the guards leave, they keep digging.

Now I thank perchboy for using me as a example to motivate his friend, but it all comes down to his decision.

Perchboy is trying to help his friend out for the better, I respect that.

He’s taking the role of a leader at a teenage age, most people don’t learn that till their early 20s or even early 30s.
Loved the way how you format it! You're such a great storyteller! Quite easy to read ngl. Thanks for the story!

It's true that teens nowadays are quite last but some teens in the influence of Andrew Tate are taking action now! It's crazy but I guess it's more of what they believe and consume ya know? If they believe that they are just teens and can't do shit about it, they will act like that. But if they believe that they can do it with consistency and always on the learning curve, they will succeed.

It's more in the mindset ya know?

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Its not about getting wins. Its about persistent ACTION.

Wins will come naturally if you act, assess, and adjust over and over and over again.

I failed business after business for 7 months, but then I finally broke through.

It was like this:
chart2.jpg

Things will go wrong all the time. Instead of stressing over it, learn from it and improve for next time.

Have 100% belief that you will succeed in the end. You will be happy for things to go wrong because you know that every failure is a step closer to success. You will also never consider giving up that way.

Complaining does nothing. If you are fed up, go out and fix it.
Thanks @perchboy for that :gold: insight!

(Learned this from @Andy Black;)) My takeaways are:

- Consistency is key. You might not get a sale, but until you keep learning from your mistakes and take actions. In the end, you will learn TONS and progressed yourself to a whole new level (even if you don't make a sale, you'll be ahead of the learning curve!)

- Learn Learn Learn. Everything you do is an opportunity to learn. Every experience you have you get to learn something.

- I need to learn storytelling and practice it. LOL just kidding, this is not my takeaway but I realised this when I read @Jrjohnny post.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.