The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

The Entrepreneur's Forum for learning how to build wealth and financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join our forum with more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

Lex DeVille's - Journey To Doctor

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
The next class starts today. Psychological Research & Biblical Worldview. Make it through this one and I should be eligible for Psi Chi. I'm pretty curious about the course material and what it will cover. No idea what to expect. I like to imagine anything would be better than statistics.

The Instructor - Type Two (The Helper)
My initial Enneagram Typing of the instructor is a Two (The Helper) with a strong One Wing. Assuming I am correct, then this instructor wants to connect deeply with students and will go out of his way to help students succeed. This would also mean the instructor can be influenced by anyone who shows appreciation for his efforts or gives him even a tiny amount of attention. Contacting the instructor and establishing rapport could be particularly valuable in this course.

What makes me think he's a 2w1?
  • His health looks somewhat poor. He's overweight (common in Type Twos who overextend themselves for others while ignoring their own needs).
  • He provided his actual phone number for students to call for help (I've never seen this in any class before)
  • His past employment history is all within helping fields like crisis hotlines (common for Twos) that often have an aspect of justice or reform (working with the police on social service issues). The justice/reform aspect hints at a One Wing.
  • He mentions some credibility, including a magazine he was featured in (hinting at a possible Three Wing since Threes like to talk about their accomplishments).
  • The topic of the class, according to him, deals with what it means to live a moral life and how to help others develop a sense of right and wrong. Twos want to help others, and their One Wing makes them want to help others sort through matters of right and wrong because Ones have a strong right/wrong/good/bad mentality.
  • He posted a gif with a bunch of hearts lol (love is a super core element of Type Two)
  • He makes statements like, "Get to know me better by viewing the Class Introductions" indicated that he wants you to connect with him more, and also using the word "better" which goes back to the good/bad aspect of the One Wing.
Those are my initial thoughts. I'll proceed as if he is a Two for now and will attempt to make early contact and show appreciation for the time he spends helping students navigate the moral aspects of this class.

This should have a positive influence on grading.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The next class starts today. Psychological Research & Biblical Worldview. Make it through this one and I should be eligible for Psi Chi. I'm pretty curious about the course material and what it will cover. No idea what to expect. I like to imagine anything would be better than statistics.

My initial Enneagram Typing of the instructor is a Two (The Helper) with a strong One Wing. Assuming I am correct, then this instructor wants to connect deeply with students and will go out of his way to help students succeed. This would also mean the instructor can be influenced by anyone who shows appreciation for his efforts or gives him even a tiny amount of attention. Contacting the instructor and establishing rapport could be particularly valuable in this course.

• His health looks somewhat poor. He's overweight.
  • He provided his actual phone number for students to call for help (I've never seen this in any class before)
  • His past employment history is all within helping fields like crisis hotlines (common for Twos) that often have an aspect of justice or reform (working with the police on social service issues). The justice/reform aspect hints at a One Wing.
  • He mentions some credibility, including a magazine he was featured in (hinting at a possible Three Wing since Threes like to talk about their accomplishments).
  • The topic of the class, according to him, deals with what it means to live a moral life and how to help others develop a sense of right and wrong. Twos want to help others, and their One Wing makes them want to help others sort through matters of right and wrong because Ones have a strong right/wrong/good/bad mentality.
  • He posted a gif with a bunch of hearts lol (love is a super core element of Type Two)
  • He makes statements like, "Get to know me better by viewing the Class Introductions" indicated that he wants you to connect with him more, and also using the word "better" which goes back to the good/bad aspect of the One Wing.
Those are my initial thoughts. I'll proceed as if he is a Two for now and will attempt to make early contact and show appreciation for the time he spends helping students navigate the moral aspects of this class.

Do you play poker Lex?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
No, why? My friend tried to teach me one time, but I never really got into it. Same with chess, although I intend to learn chess at some point lol.
Just wondering because of how you analyse people and "play the person" not just what's in front of you (the cards or the course).

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 24, 2016

• His health looks somewhat poor. He's overweight (common in Type Twos who overextend themselves for others while ignoring their own needs).

I have a love-and-hate relationship with enneagram and MBTI. On one hand, I get to understand people's needs and desires better. On the other hand, it's rather easy to get some pathological manipulation going on.

Oh, and some 8s and 3s look at me like I'm the devil whenever I bring all of this up in a group discussion.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
On the other hand, it's rather easy to get some pathological manipulation going on.
Funny you should mention that. It's something I'm working through in therapy. Since I started dating again, it's hard to break away from analyzing people and just let them show me who they are.

I ended a potential relationship even though we connected well because she turned out to be a Two and I don't think I could ever get along with a Two for more than short periods.

It's hard to know if you're protecting yourself or screwing up something that could be amazing...ugh. At this point, it's second nature to analyze everyone and then future cast like a f*cking fortune teller. Except I'm not! :D

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 24, 2016
Funny you should mention that. It's something I'm working through in therapy. Since I started dating again, it's hard to break away from analyzing people and just let them show me who they are.

I ended a potential relationship even though we connected well because she turned out to be a Two and I don't think I could ever get along with a Two for more than short periods.

It's hard to know if you're protecting yourself or screwing up something that could be amazing...ugh. At this point, it's second nature to analyze everyone and then future cast like a f*cking fortune teller. Except I'm not! :D

Oh, yeah.

My girl is a 2w3 and an undesirable match in terms of MBTI. It just about took 3 years before we began to really understand each other and enjoy our differences. I'm an 8w7.

She's kept me accountable and pretty much remedied my natural/learned laziness. She also pushed me to get out of my comfort zone when it came to registering a company, paying taxes, making my bed, being on time, and getting my own place.

She basically made me a man even though she was really pissing me off at first. I considered breaking it off many, many times — and so did she!

Similarly, I've helped her become more assertive and direct with people when it comes to her needs. She was used to trusting people too much and getting taken advantage of while I'm very impulsive with my anger toward anyone that comes close to disrespecting or manipulating me.

Oh, and I may have destabilized her innocent brain a bit with my philosophical ramblings and divergent thinking...

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
The latest course is gonna be a rough one for me. Not because the work is difficult, but because I find it hard to interpret Christian ideology into practical meaning.

A quote from my latest text:

"What term shall we use to describe the acts of God’s sovereignty by which he constitutes and upholds the totality of reality? The Bible uses many different words; it speaks of God’s power, of his breath, of his word, of his rule, of his hand, of his plan, of his will, of his call, of his decree, of his ordinances and statutes. All of these terms express some aspect of what we have been calling the sovereign activity to which created reality corresponds, but none of them captures the whole."

The text is full of fluff words and vague language. If I were reading this out of context, it would sound like cult indoctrination. Actually, even in context it kind of sounds that way.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
The latest course is gonna be a rough one for me. Not because the work is difficult, but because I find it hard to interpret Christian ideology into practical meaning.

The text is full of fluff words and vague language. If I were reading this out of context, it would sound like cult indoctrination. Actually, even in context it kind of sounds that way.
Well, it simply means 'God is powerful and real-- and this book called the Bible will show you many examples of how He works. God is BIG...so naturally ONE story by itself isn't enough to describe him fully. So read all the stories...'

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

On another note, suddenly I realised from your profile pic that you look more slimmer and toned.
You did some exercise regime I must be missing out on? :happy:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
On another note, suddenly I realised from your profile pic that you look more slimmer and toned.
You did some exercise regime I must be missing out on? :happy:
I shaved my beard in that picture. :playful:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 24, 2016

It is cult indoctrination.

How to create a religion:

✅ Tell tall tales of the boogeyman and the sacrificial hero
✅ Stifle independent thought
✅ Promote obedience in the masses by instilling feelings of shame and fear
✅ ???
✅ Profit

Religion and war. They never change.

P.S. Notice I only talk of religion, not "God". I can't know if there is or isn't a god because my puny Homo sapiens brain can't comprehend it — just like an ant can't comprehend the Internet. Though I'll certainly keep trying...

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
So, I'm doing my first discussion responses this morning...

The first person to respond to my initial post based their entire response off of HALF of the first sentence of my post. Since they didn't finish reading the sentence, they came to incorrect conclusions. Then they had the nerve to write in their response that I need to dig deeper with my thought process! GFYS!!

I'm struggling not to rip this person to shreds. I don't think that would go over well in a Christian school.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
It took everything I had, but I resisted responding to the person who responded to my post.

The discussion was difficult. I didn't complete the chapter reading because it was so boring and vague. I just couldn't make sense of it. I worried that I'd missed the mark with my assignment, but I scored 60 of 60. Now I feel I've got a good read on how this course will progress.

I don't think the instructor read our posts. I think he scanned them and checked off boxes for rubric requirements. So I'll be careful to meet the requirements, but beyond that, there's no reason to stress the course material.

Seven more weeks and I can apply for Psi-Chi.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Must Read Books...

must read books
Download FREE and share!
Download
Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.