The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning a skill and making fast money

Anything related to matters of the mind

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Get a job is so far our best conclusion in this forum

-you'll earn money now
-you'll not solve any problems
-you'll be learning hard work

What more do you want?

Sebzmaniac

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Nov 30, 2019
The best reply after reading everything

1)You don't want a tech skill
2)You don't want loads of cash
3)You are an introvert
4)You are shy
5)You are searching something to interest you but when people give you ideas, you shut them down without trying it
6)You want to make a quick buck

The best advice for you is to get a job. No questions asked, don't continue this thread. You need a job more than you think. A waste of time. Go get a job and learn hard work
And what's with you guys and "getting a job"? Isn't this what MJ advises against in his books? The slowlane?

Sebzmaniac

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Nov 30, 2019
He said get a job. Its right there, read his message
I've mentioned over a gazillion times on this thread that jobs in my city don't pay really well, and it's weird that MJ should say that

But if MJ said that, I'll think about it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
I've mentioned over a gazillion times on this thread that jobs in my city don't pay really well, and it's weird that MJ should say that

But if MJ said that, I'll think about it
You don't seem to want to put in the hard work. I know it doesn't pay well, but it will teach you how to work hard and you'll be learning skills like systems, processes and communication.

You said you don't need money now as your parents cover your basic necessities. Just go get a job

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Jan 18, 2022
I've said several times that jobs in my country don't pay really well. Besides, I'm still in college. Can you suggest something else?
No. There are no other suggestions. You are destined for a job for the rest of your life.

The people of this community have been infinitely more patient with you than they have been with others in the past that were exponentially more deserving than you.

You have shot down every single suggestion based on the fact it isn't something you can do with 0 skill that will make you a billionaire. You are NOT an entrepreneur. At this point, you aren't even a slowlaner.

You are nothing more than an entitled, talentless fool that will more than likely accomplish F*ck all with his life.

And you know what, my dude? It's cool if you want to be a waste of space, but that doesn't allow you to waste other people's TIME.

@MJ DeMarco while I thank you for the shout out, especially considering patience is something I've been practicing - so I'm happy to know the practice has been paying off - I feel this thread is the perfect example of what you/we DON'T want this forum to be filled with. It's obvious OP is permanently stuck in a strange combination of victimhood and entitlement. While my previous mention of the #landfill was mostly me being a dick, I genuinely believe this thread needs to be removed/landfilled as a deterrent towards people similar to OP. There has been a massive influx of people similar to OP lately, as I'm sure you've noticed, and I believe we need to be a bit more strict on how long we allow threads such as these to exist.

Cheers.

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021
And what's with you guys and "getting a job"? Isn't this what MJ advises against in his books? The slowlane?
You also said that you don't want to take entrepreneurship now, so you're left with the Slowlane. Either choose Slowlane and get a job, or take the longer path with Entrepreneurship.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
One option for potentially making quick money could involve investing in either cryptocurrency or the stock market. However, it is essential to note that trading in these markets is not without its complexities and risks, especially for inexperienced individuals. While luck may play a role, successful trading often requires knowledge, analysis, and risk management. For instance, buying a cryptocurrency at a lower price and selling it for a higher price can lead to profits, but it's crucial to approach such investments with caution and a clear understanding of the market dynamics
Did he use Chat gpt? It sure as hell looks like he did, I ran it into Chat gpt and it said it generated it.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
Did he use Chat gpt? It sure as hell looks like he did, I ran it into Chat gpt and it said it generated it.
There's something about it that doesn't sound right, apart from being basically off-topic and not really answering the OPs question. The poster's only other post has been removed because it was ChatGPT text.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
There's something about it that doesn't sound right, apart from being basically off-topic and not really answering the OPs question. The poster's only other post has been removed because it was ChatGPT text.
Yeah how do we get someone to delete the message and maybe the account? I mean it’s used gpt for both of its msgs

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I removed that ChatGPT account.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
Yeah how do we get someone to delete the message and maybe the account? I mean it’s used gpt for both of its msgs

For future reference I think the easiest way is to click the "Report" button in the bottom left corner of the post. I think there's a comment box where you could put why you're reporting it, in case @Andy Black isn't watching next time.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I don't also like web design
Who cares?
I don't know my strengths or what I'm good at. I'm still searching.
It is up to you.
I'm willing to change my beliefs about money, and I'm also willing to put in some work. What can I do?
Go play video games and eat giant noodles.
but I stopped because it seemed a little complicated
There's a problem with you.
it's kind of a disgrace.
Oh God!!!!
Again, you're talking about entrepreneurship when I just want to learn a skill and make money.
And you don't want to learn a skill.

Since you want money fast, what can you do to make a sale this week?

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
How does this metaphor relate to entrepreneurship?

And doesn't having the skill relate to eating?
@MJ DeMarco might want to restrict your freedom to talk on this forum.

How old are you?

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
You have a problem in your head. How your head works seems lame. Or you are just trolling the forum and in which case you know what you're up to.

This forum is not for sissies. And it is definitely not for trolls.

If you don't know what you want or like or can do and cannot do, settle down and read the threads of others. Otherwise delete your account now and get out.

For the love of God and humanity, stop turning the forum into your landfill.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I was gonna spew a few paragraphs on helping you but I changed my mind.

You don't have the f*cking luxury of options. Get your nose to the grindstone.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
#landfill this thread please, I can’t help but realize some people probably quit this forum because this thread was the first one they saw.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
#landfill this thread please, I can’t help but realize some people probably quit this forum because this thread was the first one they saw.

It's only come back up the list because of the ChatGPT poster, prior to that it had gone dormant of it's own accord. But the OP is still active on the board, so maybe they're taking on information from the other threads and forming a different view.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
I'm re-reading TMF and I recently read the chapter about oil change and that information is freely available and should not come loaded with conformity or parasitic debt.

I want to learn a skill from an inexpensive resource that will make me money and I'm currently struggling.

People in this forum that have learned a skill and made money from it, please refer me to a link where you learned your skill from.

I'm really broke and I live in a third world country. So these resources should please be free or not be more than $10 or higher than $20. I would really prefer free resources.

And also, I don't really like tech skills or digital skills. They seem kind of hard. I'm looking for soft skills. But you can still recommend the tech or digital skills if you know any.

Lastly, pls don't recommend web development or anything related to programming. I started it last year but I now dislike it.

Thank you.
Maybe you should try something that excites you. It is difficult to suggest skills without any knowledge of your past experiences.
Maybe you can try copy writing, freelancing, or something like this.

PavanWilfred

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 21, 2021
I'm re-reading TMF and I recently read the chapter about oil change and that information is freely available and should not come loaded with conformity or parasitic debt.

I want to learn a skill from an inexpensive resource that will make me money and I'm currently struggling.

People in this forum that have learned a skill and made money from it, please refer me to a link where you learned your skill from.

I'm really broke and I live in a third world country. So these resources should please be free or not be more than $10 or higher than $20. I would really prefer free resources.

And also, I don't really like tech skills or digital skills. They seem kind of hard. I'm looking for soft skills. But you can still recommend the tech or digital skills if you know any.

Lastly, pls don't recommend web development or anything related to programming. I started it last year but I now dislike it.

Thank you.
Hi, this is Pavan, email me at <removed by mod>. I can help out.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi, this is Pavan, email me at <removed by mod>. I can help out.
Hi @PavanWilfred ... you'll find it works much better in forums to become a member of the community first. Be helpful, supportive, and add value. Over time you'll get known as helpful, supportive, and maybe as "The XYZ Guy". Then people will start reaching out to you instead.

Here's some threads that might help:

Makaveli7

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 26, 2018

Thank you.
Copywriting taught me a lot and was a great profit generating skill compared to the money I spent learning it. Plus, it taught me marketing and selling. You trade your time for money but it is a great "first" marketable skill to learn if you are not good at anything yet. I recommend Dan Kennedy, John Carlton, Gary Halbert and Russell Brunson.

Be careful limiting spending only $10 or $20 for education though, because spending on self-education is always worth it. (And free resources, like YouTube, is often not a system. Invest in a system and you will make your money back if you implement it.)

Best of luck.

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana
Copywriting taught me a lot and was a great profit generating skill compared to the money I spent learning it. Plus, it taught me marketing and selling. You trade your time for money but it is a great "first" marketable skill to learn if you are not good at anything yet. I recommend Dan Kennedy, John Carlton, Gary Halbert and Russell Brunson.

Be careful limiting spending only $10 or $20 for education though, because spending on self-education is always worth it. (And free resources, like YouTube, is often not a system. Invest in a system and you will make your money back if you implement it.)

Best of luck.
Hey Makaveli,

I too see huge potential in copywriting. Please share your journey. How did you go from a beginner to the level you are now?

what would you recommend to new beginners/novices?

Makaveli7

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 26, 2018
Hey Makaveli,

I too see huge potential in copywriting. Please share your journey. How did you go from a beginner to the level you are now?

what would you recommend to new beginners/novices?
Happy to share.

Started my sophomore year of college, chose copywriting due to low start up costs (all you need is a laptop, which I already had due to college) and I was good at writing compared to other skills at the time. Chose it because I was a philosophy major and for the most part, the 2 generally accepted pathways for a phil major to make a living after graduation are: 1. Become a professor, 2. Become a lawyer. (I have not read Millionaire Fastlane at the time). Neither path seemed appealing so I chose the marketing route.

Some of the first books I started with were: The Ultimate Sales Letter by Dan Kennedy, The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert, Kick-a$$ Copywriting Secrets of a Marketing Rebel by John Carlton, and Dotcom Secrets by Russell Brunson (not strictly copywriting book, more on funnel design but I think it's a must-read).

Here's what I recommend to beginners/novices:
Start on Fiverr and Upwork offering 10 headlines for $10 (this was my tripwire offer) and upsell clients on higher level services by speaking with them over the phone.

My funnel was: 10 headlines for $10 >> after the work was done, get them on the phone for a "satisfaction survey" >> upsell them on higher tier offers, like landing pages, full sales letters and full funnel design >> after the project is done, upsell them again on a retainer program (monthly pay) so I can keep their funnel running.

It worked pretty well (for my standards at the time) and allowed me to travel and live the "laptop lifestyle" in 3rd world countries after graduation.

(I think "laptop lifestyle" actually kind of sucks but that's a story for another time.)

You go from beginner to beyond by DOING. And there is a difference between writing copy just for practice vs actually writing copy for client. I made the mistake of practicing too much before actually writing for clients. Don't repeat my mistake. Your mediocre knowledge of copy will be exponentially better than your client's 0 knowledge of copy, so your mediocre copy is actually helping them. Start with paid work as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Syndrome

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 5, 2022
Happy to share.

Started my sophomore year of college, chose copywriting due to low start up costs (all you need is a laptop, which I already had due to college) and I was good at writing compared to other skills at the time. Chose it because I was a philosophy major and for the most part, the 2 generally accepted pathways for a phil major to make a living after graduation are: 1. Become a professor, 2. Become a lawyer. (I have not read Millionaire Fastlane at the time). Neither path seemed appealing so I chose the marketing route.

Some of the first books I started with were: The Ultimate Sales Letter by Dan Kennedy, The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert, Kick-a$$ Copywriting Secrets of a Marketing Rebel by John Carlton, and Dotcom Secrets by Russell Brunson (not strictly copywriting book, more on funnel design but I think it's a must-read).

Here's what I recommend to beginners/novices:
Start on Fiverr and Upwork offering 10 headlines for $10 (this was my tripwire offer) and upsell clients on higher level services by speaking with them over the phone.

My funnel was: 10 headlines for $10 >> after the work was done, get them on the phone for a "satisfaction survey" >> upsell them on higher tier offers, like landing pages, full sales letters and full funnel design >> after the project is done, upsell them again on a retainer program (monthly pay) so I can keep their funnel running.

It worked pretty well (for my standards at the time) and allowed me to travel and live the "laptop lifestyle" in 3rd world countries after graduation.

(I think "laptop lifestyle" actually kind of sucks but that's a story for another time.)

You go from beginner to beyond by DOING. And there is a difference between writing copy just for practice vs actually writing copy for client. I made the mistake of practicing too much before actually writing for clients. Don't repeat my mistake. Your mediocre knowledge of copy will be exponentially better than your client's 0 knowledge of copy, so your mediocre copy is actually helping them. Start with paid work as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for this. I am also victim to “practicing and hoarding” theories, books and courses just for the sake of “perceived” movement.

Like buying gym gear and supplements but not actually working out.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
*Sees thread*
"Learning a skill-"
"Nice, someone isn't trying to quit their job to get into crypto rugpulls or ebay flipping and wants to get ahead in life with a solid strategy while they look for an opportunity"
"-and making fast money"
"Oh nonononononono..."

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022

Thank you.
Youtube and Udedmy are very good places to start to learn everything, anyway , try to get your hands on a teacher as soon as possible.

A good teacher will skyrocket your progress, both because he has been in the trenches before you, and also because it's going to notice and correct mistakes that you don't see.

Take care.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

ChasingDream97

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 19, 2023
If you are really broke then why care for the opinion of other people for taking menial jobs? You're just holding yourself back. You have a problem on how you see things. If you can just reframe how to see things to serve you, you will get fast money.
i really needed to hear this today

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.