The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should i retake the SAT as a highschool student, or spend time learning a skill instead?

Anything related to matters of the mind

fastermillionair

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 23, 2020
Canada
18M here. I gave the SAT twice and my result just came out a few days ago. I got a 1370 which is far from what i needed but its fine to get me into a top university in my asian country. Tbh i really want to go abroad on a scholarship and i can give the SAT again if i want to increase my chances of going abroad.
Then again I studied alot for SAT but managed a mediocre score so i am not sure if doing all that again will be worth it.

I really want to study abroad since it will be alot more fun, and i will also have plenty more opportunities to learn, but at the same time instead of giving the SAT again i can learn a far more valuable skill. After a lot of searching and browsing blogs and websites i decided to start learning data science, based on this How to become a data scientist - Quora. I know its very tough, and tbf i wanted to learn digital marketing/ content writing since its easier and seems fun but also literally everyone's doing it - little to no barriers to entry so i have settled for data science.

Then again, i have a few doubts. I just started, and it seems quite difficult. Is there something more valuable i can do with my time rather than learn data science? Is there any other skill which will benefit me more than this? Is it pointless to learn data science when i can learn another skill which is easier but if i do it smartly i can get a leverage over others?

Ngl i see many people on twitter/reddit having sucess with content writing and digital marketing and it makes me want to do it too. Those skills are way easier than computer sciences and those guys are having alot of fun doing it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.