The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lead Gen for Local Service Businesses

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy, I have created a landing page and set up a AdWords campaign for a local niche in the hope of selling the leads to a local provider. Should I put a phone number on the landing page, I was thinking either my mobile number or a number of a local provider. I can then see if I generate any phone calls, if so I can call up the provider and say I have generated you x number of calls? What would you recommend either my mobile number, a local service providers phone number or use callfire and divert the phone calls to a service providers phone and I can listen to the calls? Appreciate any advice.
Personally, I'd take the calls myself and learn more about the consumer and their problem, then become their champion and find suitable businesses for them.

Note that I've only done this a couple of times myself, but noticed how much more involved I became in the process when I actually spoke to someone who had a need.

My thinking is: Speak to the consumers. Speak to the business owners. Realise they're humans. Learn more about what they want. Go out of your way to help them. Good things happen.

I think it's super important to realise that, although we're *advertising* online, we're dealing with *people* not clicks, and that we're not making money just shuffling electrons around.

I'll be doing this in earnest from next week or the week after and will report back on findings.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
Personally, I'd take the calls myself and learn more about the consumer and their problem, then become their champion and find suitable businesses for them.

Note that I've only done this a couple of times myself, but noticed how much more involved I became in the process when I actually spoke to someone who had a need.

My thinking is: Speak to the consumers. Speak to the business owners. Realise they're humans. Learn more about what they want. Go out of your way to help them. Good things happen.

I think it's super important to realise that, although we're *advertising* online, we're dealing with *people* not clicks, and that we're not making money just shuffling electrons around.

I'll be doing this in earnest from next week or the week after and will report back on findings.
Thanks Andy, I have added my mobile number to my landing page, as a call extension and a message extensions. I have messaged you my landing page, would you be able to give me your feedback and If I have the right elements on there, would really appreciate it :)

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England

Hey Andy, I've managed to generate two leads in my first week of doing this now, £8.60 cost per lead. I've emailed 2 businesses who cam fulfil these leads and said would they be interested in leads on a cost per lead basis (Was thinking £20) or a fixed monthly fee and told them they can have their first lead free today. What do you think, how should I price this up? Your advice is appreciated :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy, I've managed to generate two leads in my first week of doing this now, £8.60 cost per lead. I've emailed 2 businesses who cam fulfil these leads and said would they be interested in leads on a cost per lead basis (Was thinking £20) or a fixed monthly fee and told them they can have their first lead free today. What do you think, how should I price this up? Your advice is appreciated :)
What they pay will be down the value they put on the leads, not how much you paid to generate them. Ring them up if you can. The leads will go cold, and you want to build a relationship with the business so you can find out more about the industry and the value you're providing.

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
What they pay will be down the value they put on the leads, not how much you paid to generate them. Ring them up if you can. The leads will go cold, and you want to build a relationship with the business so you can find out more about the industry and the value you're providing.
Thanks Andy, I called some companies, fingers crossed.

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
Hey Andy, after calling many companies and getting a lot of no's by the gatekeepers and going around in circles, I finally have someone who wants to buy my leads.

I suggested cost per lead, he said a fixed monthly fee would be good and he wants to be my exclusive partner.

I'm thinking of starting the first month at £5 per lead, I will get him at least 12 leads per day. It will be costing me £15 per day to generate these leads. Then after the first month look at the volume and agree on a fixed monthly fee.

How do I protect myself in regards to payment i.e. I give him leads for the month and then he doesn't pay, should I charge weekly for the first month?

Appreciate any advice you may have Andy :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey Andy, after calling many companies and getting a lot of no's by the gatekeepers and going around in circles, I finally have someone who wants to buy my leads.

I suggested cost per lead, he said a fixed monthly fee would be good and he wants to be my exclusive partner.

I'm thinking of starting the first month at £5 per lead, I will get him at least 12 leads per day. It will be costing me £15 per day to generate these leads. Then after the first month look at the volume and agree on a fixed monthly fee.

How do I protect myself in regards to payment i.e. I give him leads for the month and then he doesn't pay, should I charge weekly for the first month?

Appreciate any advice you may have Andy :)
Well done getting to a yes.

Lots of ways of doing it. Get him to pay in advance? I get paid in advance for monthly work I do.

I'm curious: Why does he prefer flat monthly fee? Why do you prefer pay per lead?

Who pays the ad spend?
Who owns the campaigns?
Who owns the landing pages?
What do you define as a lead?
What does he define as a lead?
How will you agree a lead is genuine?
How will you deal with leads that he disputes?

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
Well done getting to a yes.

Lots of ways of doing it. Get him to pay in advance? I get paid in advance for monthly work I do.

I'm curious: Why does he prefer flat monthly fee? Why do you prefer pay per lead?

Who pays the ad spend?
Who owns the campaigns?
Who owns the landing pages?
What do you define as a lead?
What does he define as a lead?
How will you agree a lead is genuine?
How will you deal with leads that he disputes?

Thanks Andy, reason I was thinking pay per lead for the first month is I don't know the exact volume, if I charge a fixed fee, the fee will be large starting off, if I do it per lead, I can tweak as I go long i.e. Offer a fixed fee once I have enough performance data.

I pay the ad spend and own the campaigns and landing pages. We have agreed on what a lead is, certain criteria consisting of 4 parts.

I'll give him each lead and play it by ear, if he disputes a lot of leads I can bring it up with him or stop sending him leads.

Ideally I would generate my own leads for my own business, I have tried generating leads for 3 different niches to learn and improve my AdWords skills and generated leads no problem. The hard part is finding a niche for my own business where I can provide the service i.e. Local service business.

Thanks

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
That artitle is a bit old, Google has expanded the service both geographically and opened to other industries.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Andy, I'm sure you're aware of the Google home services expanded roll out; how do you think it is going to affect your local lead generation business?

For those that aren't familiar, here's a good overview:

https://www.poolbuilder-marketing.com/google-home-services/
I don't know much about Google home services.
Will it reduce their revenue from ads?
Will it create a demand for Google home services consultants?
I'll keep doing what I'm doing. There's so many verticals that are wide open.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thought I'd show the above the fold for a landing page we created for a client.

upload_2017-8-2_0-21-11.png

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
So you're trying to increase inbound calls or email enquiries for a local service business?
So start with geo-modified searches.
Good, things are starting to make sense now. Must sleep. Want to learn! :)

MarcUK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 24, 2017
UK
Just wanted to throw this quick tip in here, not sure if there's a better place for it, so please say if you think other people would benefit elsewhere.

If you are running any form of paid advertising or have any website you rely on then the last thing you want to do is lose money from your website being down. In the last few years I've used multiple hosts, some good, some bad.

But if there's one common denominator it's that all of them will experience down-time at some point, and when it happens you can almost guarantee that it won't be the hosting company telling you - it will be your client, customers, or worst of all nobody. Hosting companies tend not to tell you when your website goes down - messed up, but true unfortunately.

If it does happen then chances are you will LOSE MONEY and in some cases LOSE CREDIBILITY - and perhaps even LOSE CLIENTS.

I've had a website go offline for 10 days in the past before until I realised;

"Why I am I not earning money from my website at the moment" - ah, the website is offline!"

MASSIVE PANIC ENSUES, MORE HAIR IS LOST, MY WIFE WONDERS WHY I AM FREAKING OUT AND BEING A GRUMPY BASTARD.

Now I am far older and wiser, I make sure as soon as my website goes down I know about it, and thankfully there's a free tool that can tell you which I can recommend:

https://uptimerobot.com >> SIGN UP NOW IT'S FREE

[[ Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this service, and have no personal interest in it other than it's saved my bacon countless times ]]

As I said, you can join for free, and submit your domains in there. It monitors your website every 5 minutes, and as soon as one is down you get an email. You then receive an email when it's back online.

alrte.png

EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE I RUN, OR CLIENT I SERVE IS PLACED INTO THIS SYSTEM FROM DAY 1

Do it now to save stress, money, credibility, and clients (and possibly even your hair).

Last edited:

banjoa

Present
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
May 7, 2017
Nigeria
@Andy Black
Lead Gen for Local Service Businesses
(Originally posted here.)

So you're trying to increase inbound calls or email enquiries for a local service business?

Start by watching this 4 min video:

When someone searches for "window repairs", they could be looking for a local service, or they could be looking for articles showing how to do it themselves. We can't tell from their search term.

They could have a cup of coffee and notepad next to them when they search (browsing/researching), or they could have their phone and credit card next to them when they search (shopping/buying).

When someone searches for "window repairs dublin", we know they are looking for a local service - in Dublin. I picture them searching with their phone to hand so they can ring the local service business.

So when someone searches with a geo-modified search term (a search term with a location in it), they are MORE likely to convert.

If you can't sell to these searchers, then don't try and tackle the non geo-modified search terms (window repairs, blacksmiths, shepherds, etc).

So start with geo-modified searches.

Next, get your head round the fact that:

Your landing page does NOT convert!

Read this fella:

When you say your Dublin Plumber landing page converts at 20%, you really mean that 20% of people who visit your page searching for a plumber in Dublin convert into an enquiry.

If I send people looking for Car Insurance to your Dublin Plumber landing page, then they ain't converting into enquiries at 20%.

TIP: Always specify what conversion rate you're talking about. In this case I might call it my click-to-enquiry-rate.

If you're going to use AdWords paid search to generate leads for a local service business (and I suggest you start there and at least rule it out) , then you need to know the difference between search terms and keywords. You're going to be bled to death if you don't.

Read these three posts here:

Sales happen when you get the right person to the right offer at the right time.

This is why I love AdWords paid search.

The right person is the person searching for your offer.

The right time is the moment they are searching.

All we have to do is get them to the offer that matches what they were searching for.

Get people searching for a service with a location in their search term, to a page that shows that service and location right in front of them.

Here's a quick exercise: Google for "tax attorney chicago" and see how many of the ads mention "Tax Attorney" and "Chicago" in their ad. If you're not based in the US, then do a search for something similarly expensive and for a large city.

Even for something this expensive (Google estimates €33 CPC for top ad positions for search term "tax attorney chicago"), less than half of the ads manage to echo back what you were searching.

Don't click on the ads because you're costing those advertisers a fortune, but I can guarantee that a lot of the landing pages you get sent to won't make it obvious that they are Tax Attorneys, or that they cover Chicago.

Maaan, the competition for local lead gen is soooo poor. I love it.

I can throw up the simplest ugly ugly landing page, and get a 10% click-to-enquiry-rate because I'm just echoing back what they were searching for in my landing page.

When a graphic designer gets involved and beautifies my crappy page, the click-to-enquiry-rate can be 20%-40% for a local service business.

My page might be a two column layout.

In the left column:
  1. Top left is the company-name and/or service-location (e.g. Dublin Blacksmith Services).
  2. Below the company-name and/or service-location I might have a relevant tagline (Domestic & Commercial Blacksmith Services throughout Dublin).
  3. Then I might have a heading such as "Looking for a Blacksmith in Dublin?". Something where they go: "Yes! That's exactly what I'm looking for!".
  4. Then I might have 3-5 bullet point benefits.

In the right column:
  1. Top right I typically have the phone number on the page (big and bold and where people expect to see it).
  2. Then I have a call to action heading above a form. The heading is "Request a Callback", since we want people to fill in the form who want a callback. Often these enquiries aren't as strong as a phone call, but this caters for people who're doing a quick search at work and can't make a personal phone call, and who don't want or can't send an email from their work PC.
  3. Then I ask for "Your name", "Your phone number", "Your email address", "Your message".
  4. The call to action on the button isn't "Submit"... it's "Request a Callback >".

Most businesses want the phone call, or people who want to talk on the phone. Hence "Request a Callback" rather than a "Contact Us".

Maybe half the calls will be new enquiries. The rest might be returning customers who Googled for the phone number, or people ringing back about an enquiry that's in progress.

Obviously more of the form fills are new enquiries.

I've been using Callrail and other solutions to track inbound calls. This is good if the Blacksmith company has a few offices in the country, and we're using a different tracked number for each office. Sometimes we can see that one office is missing 20%+ of their calls (and typically screaming the loudest that they're not getting leads... go figure).

The keyword can be captured in Callrail reports, and I think can be passed back to AdWords. I typically just download both the AdWords and call tracking data and join it up. I'm working on a better solution at the moment though.

So not all calls and form fills are new enquiries, and not all new enquiries will be logged as a new lead.

Not all leads will convert into sales.

So these intermediate steps of Calls/Form-fills -> Enquiries -> Leads are actually just INDICATORS of performance. We really need to see the number of sales that are made each week/month/quarter to really see wtf is going on.

This might mean hooking up to their CRM (downloading their data and joining it up). Or (often), trying to pull teeth to get them to log leads and report on sales.

You should also read these two posts:

And read posts you might have missed in here:

@Andy Black this was super helpful. Man, the contributions you have made to this forum has been super duper helpful!

I doff my hat, sir.

What gets me stuck so far has been...wait for it...landing page!

None I try out seem to be tailor made to what we are trying to do here.

Can you point me to some solution for a landing page dedicated to a local lead gen?

And probably can you show me some examples of the ones you have built.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
[USER=23590]@Andy Black this was super helpful. Man, the contributions you have made to this forum has been super duper helpful!

I doff my hat, sir.

What gets me stuck so far has been...wait for it...landing page!

None I try out seem to be tailor made to what we are trying to do here.

Can you point me to some solution for a landing page dedicated to a local lead gen?

And probably can you show me some examples of the ones you have built.[/USER]
Thanks for your kind words. Delighted to help.

We couldn't find any decent landing page builders so are building our own.

An example of one built for a client is a few posts above actually (HERE).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just wanted to throw this quick tip in here, not sure if there's a better place for it, so please say if you think other people would benefit elsewhere.

If you are running any form of paid advertising or have any website you rely on then the last thing you want to do is lose money from your website being down. In the last few years I've used multiple hosts, some good, some bad.

But if there's one common denominator it's that all of them will experience down-time at some point, and when it happens you can almost guarantee that it won't be the hosting company telling you - it will be your client, customers, or worst of all nobody. Hosting companies tend not to tell you when your website goes down - messed up, but true unfortunately.

If it does happen then chances are you will LOSE MONEY and in some cases LOSE CREDIBILITY - and perhaps even LOSE CLIENTS.

I've had a website go offline for 10 days in the past before until I realised;

"Why I am I not earning money from my website at the moment" - ah, the website is offline!"

MASSIVE PANIC ENSUES, MORE HAIR IS LOST, MY WIFE WONDERS WHY I AM FREAKING OUT AND BEING A GRUMPY BASTARD.

Now I am far older and wiser, I make sure as soon as my website goes down I know about it, and thankfully there's a free tool that can tell you which I can recommend:

https://uptimerobot.com >> SIGN UP NOW IT'S FREE

[[ Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this service, and have no personal interest in it other than it's saved my bacon countless times ]]

As I said, you can join for free, and submit your domains in there. It monitors your website every 5 minutes, and as soon as one is down you get an email. You then receive an email when it's back online.

alrte.png

EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE I RUN, OR CLIENT I SERVE IS PLACED INTO THIS SYSTEM FROM DAY 1

Do it now to save stress, money, credibility, and clients (and possibly even your hair).
Rep+

Yep... sites going down is a right royal PITA. We implemented our own wee solution, but this might be a better route.

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
I
Thanks for your kind words. Delighted to help.

We couldn't find any decent landing page builders so are building our own.

An example of one built for a client is a few posts above actually (HERE).

If you had to pick one landing page builder as I can't code my own builder, which would you suggest?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you had to pick one landing page builder as I can't code my own builder, which would you suggest?
Probably ThriveThemes (Wordpress)... I bought it last month for side projects that I'd create landing pages for. I've not used it yet, but that was on recommendation from someone who's used a lot of builders.

I don't know about tap-to-call buttons etc. I presume they'd be easy enough to do.

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
Probably ThriveThemes (Wordpress)... I bought it last month for side projects that I'd create landing pages for. I've not used it yet, but that was on recommendation from someone who's used a lot of builders.

I don't know about tap-to-call buttons etc. I presume they'd be easy enough to do.

Thanks Andy, I will purchase this :)

truesouth

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Mar 6, 2011
Patagonia, Chile

Andy, to create a tap-to-call button is as simple as creating a link to the number as a URL.

It works really well for me.

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
Hi Andy, quick question, I have set up a local campaign, is this the way to go in terms of keywords | service - city set as modified broad and exact match - i.e +cleaning +swansea and [cleaning swansea] or should I have the city first then service - +swansea +cleaning and [swansea cleaning]?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Andy, quick question, I have set up a local campaign, is this the way to go in terms of keywords | service - city set as modified broad and exact match - i.e +cleaning +swansea and [cleaning swansea] or should I have the city first then service - +swansea +cleaning and [swansea cleaning]?
For exact match the order of the words used to matter, except I'm now seeing exact match keywords pick up search terms with the word order reversed (which annoys the feck out of me).

For modified broad match, the order doesn't matter.

I often just start with one match type. Most often just modified broad match. Make sure to add the usual negatives of jobs, courses, certifications, salaries, etc.

Tip: Separate the match types into different campaigns. Have a campaign for exact match keywords, and one for modified broad match keywords. Have the exact matches as campaign negatives in the "modified broad match campaign".

Listen to the recorded call with @MKAmsterdam for other advanced structure tips.

PS: Most people search for the what and then the where. (cleaners swansea.) I think it's the Yellow Pages that's taught is to search that way.

Aston_M

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
May 31, 2014
England
For exact match the order of the words used to matter, except I'm now seeing exact match keywords pick up search terms with the word order reversed (which annoys the feck out of me).

For modified broad match, the order doesn't matter.

I often just start with one match type. Most often just modified broad match. Make sure to add the usual negatives of jobs, courses, certifications, salaries, etc.

Tip: Separate the match types into different campaigns. Have a campaign for exact match keywords, and one for modified broad match keywords. Have the exact matches as campaign negatives in the "modified broad match campaign".

Listen to the recorded call with @MKAmsterdam for other advanced structure tips.

PS: Most people search for the what and then the where. (cleaners swansea.) I think it's the Yellow Pages that's taught is to search that way.

Thanks for this Andy, I will pause the exact match keywords and just start with modified broad match. I'll listen to this podcast now.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
While numerous organizations utilize customary promoting strategies to draw in new business and customers, others have included or totally replaced traditional marketing with new or creative advertising strategies. These new strategies frequently rotate around the Internet; organizations utilize web-based social networking tools and online promotion battles to grow their gathering of people. Organizations can create website pages or web journals that give updated data on their products or services.
Approaches to generate leads are
  • Content Marketing
  • Customer referral
  • SEO, SEM and PPC
  • Cross Promotion
  • Social media marketing
  • Direct Mailing
Be that as it may, these are a bit tedious, rather you can get leads through the business tools some of which are area particular. These tools are as follows,
  • LeadLake
  • Insideview
Strange first post for someone who joined nearly a year ago.
Do you think it reads like a typical forum post?

Tip: How to use forums (and Facebook groups)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016

noche

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Mar 17, 2017
Europe
Thanks Andy for sharing.

I have decided to test this method and made a website for SPA (massage) with the domain of my city (example massage.my-city.com). It some kind of "side project" and my goal is to rent out these websites for monthly fees.

From seeing how users behave on the landing page (HotJar) - it seems nicely designed website with phone number is not enough @ Tajska Masaža Maribor – Tajska Masaža Maribor

I am probably missing the main element on my site which will make the conversion/lead... THE COPY!

My copywriting skills sucks at the moment.. Will take some courses on this topic and then do some more testing :)

Will keep you guys updated how it goes

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
From seeing how users behave on the landing page (HotJar) - it seems nicely designed website with phone number is not enough @ Tajska Masaža Maribor – Tajska Masaža Maribor

I don't know if you referred to this website as of March 3'rd but thing that Andy always suggest is to give people what they want.

In Lead Gen website if they search for thai massage, they have to have ad with thai massage in title, then the site with thai massage in Headline.
I think that phone number should be above the fold too, so people wouldn't have to scroll for it.

Your site seems to have "Enter a world of well-being" as a head line and phone number is at the bottom.

The last thing is that maybe your keywords or audience are too general, that is people searching for general info about thai massage and not the thai massage service.

noche

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Mar 17, 2017
Europe
I don't know if you referred to this website as of March 3'rd but thing that Andy always suggest is to give people what they want.

In Lead Gen website if they search for thai massage, they have to have ad with thai massage in title, then the site with thai massage in Headline.
I think that phone number should be above the fold too, so people wouldn't have to scroll for it.

Your site seems to have "Enter a world of well-being" as a head line and phone number is at the bottom.

The last thing is that maybe your keywords or audience are too general, that is people searching for general info about thai massage and not the thai massage service.

@Kid thanks for the reply.

I tried putting the number in the headline. No difference in conversion or behavior. In both cases, they go through the site carefully reading the text (this is what I see from visitors recordings)

Since I am not the only one in the top of the google search, I think that people view all the other options and make the decision based on which site gives them the best "feeling" and not only if they see phone number (maybe in some other business like - plumber they do). This is why I hired copywriter to make some tests the conversion with good copy.

The problem I have with keywords is that I cant target exact match - [massage mycityname] since there is not enough monthly searches (in keyword planner it says 100 - 1000 per month), so I must go with the broad term phrase match "massage mycityname" and also have geolocation set up only to my region.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.