The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Laser Focus: If not now, when?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
It's been one year and a half since I posted the "No more bullsh*t" thread. And what have I achieved? Does getting high on my own bullsh*t count?

I still cannot see the finishing line after so many years of action faking. It has been about 4 years since I discovered The Millionaire Fastlane , but I might not have even gotten past the starting line.

So, will this attempt be the ONE or is it just another bullsh*t action faking? I don't know but I will soon find out if I really really want to improve my life or just want to continue traveling down the average lane.

Ok, let's talk business.

What's my goal for this year and the future?

My primary goal should definitely be my freelance business in web development. I am aiming for $10 000 or more in revenue this year. This depends on if I can expand the business into other EU countries and North America since I am just focusing on my local market for now.

What have I done that will push me toward this goal?

I have already published the ads for the web development business so I will observe how it will perform for now. The last time I did this I got 1 client out of 4 leads with only $20 spent. But this is not scaleable and I am not confident that the local market will have enough demand.

My second goal is to create a Youtube channel about programming that's related to high CPM topics like finance. For example, "Can AI predict stock market price?", "Come and watch my crypto trading bot embarrassing itself" etc.

I want to provide both value and entertainment to the viewers. By doing this I could build trust and will be able to earn their business in the future in the form of affiliates, services I provide, etc. Not to mention if I release any SaaS in the future I will have a channel for free promotion.

The editing style I will be employing is similar to these channels/videos:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExwqNreocpg

I am sure I will not be able to make my first videos as "fun" as these channels however this should not be an issue after I acquire more experience.

For 2022, I want my Youtube channel to reach consistent 1,000 views per day. It would be great if I could fulfill the monetization requirement, 1,000 subscribers, and 4,000 hours of watch time but I am not going to make it my number one priority as the main income will most likely be from other sources.

How can I achieve this?

Since I can't control the Youtube algorithm, I am gonna focus on the parts that I am in control of such as the frequency of video release and the quality. I am aiming for 1-3 video(s)/week for now. However, I am also planning to upload 1-5 very short videos every week (under 1 minute) to take advantage of Youtube Shorts and hopefully be able to reach more people.

Thanks for reading. I will update again when there's some progress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
You mind sharing what you have tried to do for the past four years?
Sure,

I did e-commerce from 2018 to late 2019. It wasn't profitable, the margins were too thin so I finally closed it. After that it was a blur, to be honest, I think I tried to create apps and games for mobile in 2020, it has only made like $20 so far. At the end of 2020, I created a chrome extension that got quite a bit of interest from Redditors but I couldn't find a way to monetize it so I had to give up on that as well. For a good part of 2021, I just focused on school and following the stock market until around August when I started my freelance business. That lasted for two months before I had to take a break and focus on school again (exams and essays).

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
A quick update

The ad for my web design business seems to work better than I expected (10% conversion rate based on 1 sample). Yesterday I just received a request for a "new" website based on the client's previous site and I managed to finish it today after 7-8 hours of work. Now I just need to figure out why Gmail won't send any e-mails to the client's new domain before I am 100% done with the work.

On the other hand, I still haven't created a Youtube channel. I will try to see if I can get that done next week.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
It's so relieving to be done with the most "annoying/frustrating" lab for my circuits design course. A very simple "mistake" / oversight when looking at the confusing component datasheets causes headaches for four days. The client work I did on Thursday-Friday allowed my mind to be "reset" and I finally managed to finish it today.

Anyway, enough with that.

Over the weekend I have continued to look for a new way to reach more clients and improve my sales skills. I have also watched Rob's recent videos regarding improving the key metrics by 50% each year and I wholeheartedly agree with it. It's better to build a solid foundation instead of trying to increase revenue by contacting more people, I should focus on improving my conversion rate. After all, there will be a limit to how many you can "cold call" before you burn out.

My plan for the next week is to close one more deal and start working on my Youtube channel. It's the perfect time to use this calm period before I need to prepare for the exams in two months.

I honestly still cannot come up with any video ideas, I should choose a topic that's both interesting and offer some value. I am not aiming for educational videos to be exact, more like videos for other developers/finance people to watch for entertainment.

D

DeletedUser84644

I honestly still cannot come up with any video ideas, I should choose a topic that's both interesting and offer some value.
You don't find an idea, you emulate one, and create your own version of that idea in terms of how that idea will uniquely convey an experience to the viewer. You have all kinds of YouTubers you watch right? If you happen to have knowledge over the topics that your favorite YouTubers discuss and make content around, then that right there tells you what can do

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Time for a new update.

I just booked a phone meeting with a small to medium sized business focusing in repairs. This could be the most profitable work I have ever received. The meeting will be on 15:00 today so I will have to prepare myself a good set of questions that shows I am ready to provide massive value. The client found me via the same ad as my previous client so it seems to be working pretty well.

This is getting exciting.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
One more update.

A little unexpected. Just got another client. This time it's related to aviation. They need a website fast so it's gonna be pretty busy the next few days or even weeks. If I do a good job then I will have even more work down the line related to them. I am looking forward to it.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Just closed another deal. The client wants to rebuild the website in the transport niche. Probably the only deal I have closed over text messages.

Another good news is that the repair company have intention to work with me long term managing their social media, ads and maintenance of their website. I am not sure how much to charge yet. Any suggestions are welcome.

The YouTube channel will have to wait yet again.

Three concurrent projects right now. Feeling the workload plus the university courses. But I am very happy.

Edit: I’ve discovered a problem. I can’t sleep well due to the excitement and the work. Pretty difficult to calm my mind down.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
The client in the transport niche didn't reply so the deal fell through. Not my first time this happened but it still sucks. But the good news is that I have just closed another deal today and I will be discussing it with this client on Monday. The client seems to be very interested so they are unlikely to ghost me.

Otherwise, I am now just waiting for the decision from another client. I suggested a price of a low four-figure for setting up his barebone e-commerce store with his POS. I don't know if I am undercharging or not but I am ready to re-negotiate because they will be with me long term.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Client meeting on Monday moved to today. Closed the deal and I will be doing a very simple website for his business in the construction / personal hiring niche. The business has slowed down this week and this was what I expected, the ads are too passive and I have too little control over the conversion. I will have to try cold calling / e-mailing "boring" businesses with old or not-so-great websites and try to present the value of improving them.

I am still stuck with the Youtube channel. Maybe this is a sign that I shouldn't do it. But we'll see... I'll give it a try as it won't take much of my time and it's also a good way to spend my downtime.

On a personal note, I really want to write web novels, the ones that are like 1000 chapters long, to de-stress in my free time. But it's really difficult to plot and come up with characters for such a large story. Anyway, it's not like I got any free time right now, so I've got plenty of time to imagine the world. The university courses are also time-consuming, I have lab assignments and presentations to do this week.

Till next update.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Got another client today. They are building and selling houses in the luxury niche. It's gonna be interesting to work with them because they will also provide rent-it-out services for homeowners who are on holiday. The details will be finalized today.

Still no Youtube...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@CrimsonNight I am going to tell you something you will not like to hear, buckle up, ok? But you need to hear it if you want to change your path.

Why is everyone so obsessed with "finding a product for e-commerce" or building a YT channel as a way for "Fastlane"?

Commerce/trade is as old as time, and e-commerce makes a lot of sense if you think you can build a brand or a platform where there is an unfilled need. My issue isn't e-commerce in general, it's the logic of "I am going to do e-commerce and then figure it out" as opposed to "I have been looking for a solution of this thing and since no one is offering it, I will! It just happens to be part of e-commerce, so I guess I have to do it there".

YT is worse. It's a centralized platform where you spend 10,000 hours building your audience only hold your own dick in the end if they de-platform you. Ironic to see it on a forum where CENTS tells you in the first letter what not to do.

And now you've started a third "building websites" business. I wonder how @Kak feels about that business for "fastlane". :troll:

@CrimsonNight which MJ books have you read? What plan did you create based on those books?

A lot of what you write above doesn't fit. I am not surprised you are still struggling 4+ years later.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
YT is worse. It's a centralized platform where you spend 10,000 hours building your audience only hold your own dick in the end if they de-platform you. Ironic to see it on a forum where CENTS tells you in the first letter what not to do.

100%.

Got my channel randomly banned overnight with no explanation when I had, as far as I remember, over 30,000 subscribers.

To this day, I have no idea why.

The only "platform" worth building is your own. Your list of customers. By all means, use social media but don't build your business on it.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Sure,

I did e-commerce from 2018 to late 2019. It wasn't profitable, the margins were too thin so I finally closed it. After that it was a blur, to be honest, I think I tried to create apps and games for mobile in 2020, it has only made like $20 so far. At the end of 2020, I created a chrome extension that got quite a bit of interest from Redditors but I couldn't find a way to monetize it so I had to give up on that as well. For a good part of 2021, I just focused on school and following the stock market until around August when I started my freelance business. That lasted for two months before I had to take a break and focus on school again (exams and essays).
I think these are wonderful experience that have you to build skills and knowledge and future opportunity.

My point of view is do not focus on the platform or channel. Focus on the trend instead.

Don’t think of “web-design”, “e-commerce” or “youtube creator”….think of the hottest trend right now that have new demands that we bever see before. These are tools and locations, not economic trends.

They are “covid 19” and “cryptocurrency” in my opinion. You can dive in deeper to see what niche you actually might be interested but I see these are the two themes and industries that will be minting millionaires in the years to come. It could be designing personalized reusable mask or coming up with an app that shows the highest farming yield across different defi platforms…just for illustration.

let me give you an example. Dr John Campbell is a famous youtuber on medical knowledge. He spent years talking about digestive system and cardiovacular illness on youtube with not much traffic until 2020 when he began to cover covid related stats and figures and he went viral. So it is not about being on “Youtube”. He has been there for years.

I am not a fan of “solve people’s problems and they will pay for you” when it comes to business ideas. Most people do not pay for most things. There are a thousand ways you can add value to someone’s life but less than one percent of them are things that he or she is willing to pay for. Just look at your own bill. You only pay for certain things. When people come to you and say “shut up and take my money” it is due to the the nature of the problem that you are solving rather than the excellence of your solution. The issue with “help people solve their problems” could be very very misleading. Follow where the money is, and especially in new industries where demand outstrips supply. I think that is where most opportunities are.

Last edited:

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
@CrimsonNight I am going to tell you something you will not like to hear, buckle up, ok? But you need to hear it if you want to change your path.

Why is everyone so obsessed with "finding a product for e-commerce" or building a YT channel as a way for "Fastlane"?

Commerce/trade is as old as time, and e-commerce makes a lot of sense if you think you can build a brand or a platform where there is an unfilled need. My issue isn't e-commerce in general, it's the logic of "I am going to do e-commerce and then figure it out" as opposed to "I have been looking for a solution of this thing and since no one is offering it, I will! It just happens to be part of e-commerce, so I guess I have to do it there".

And now you've started a third "building websites" business. I wonder how @Kak feels about that business for "fastlane". :troll:

@CrimsonNight which MJ books have you read? What plan did you create based on those books?

A lot of what you write above doesn't fit. I am not surprised you are still struggling 4+ years later.

I will have to apologize for my bluntness in advance.

“Website development” is not a fastlane business, and so what? This is my first ever business to let me know how it feels to be an entrepreneur. Who cares if it is scalable or not? I choose this because I want to learn the fundamentals and not because I want to be a millionaire from it. Don’t you find it amazing when you wake up in the morning and feel like you have a purpose that day? What about when clients praise you for your work and customer service? Doesn’t that amazing feedback keep pushing yourself to do better and aspire to achieve more?

If YouTube ban my channel, and so what? I will at least give it a try instead of regretting not doing it.

You bet I was stuck for 4 years cause I was chasing that “fastlane” business. I was trying to run without knowing how to crawl.

Fastlane can wait, I need to build a solid foundation first.

I think these are wonderful experience that have you to build skills and knowledge and future opportunity.

My point of view is do not focus on the platform or channel. Focus on the trend instead.

Don’t think of “web-design”, “e-commerce” or “youtube creator”….think of the hottest trend right now that have new demands that we bever see before. These are tools and locations, not economic trends.

They are “covid 19” and “cryptocurrency” in my opinion. You can dive in deeper to see what niche you actually might be interested but I see these are the two themes and industries that will be minting millionaires in the years to come. It could be designing personalized reusable mask or coming up with an app that shows the highest farming yield across different defi platforms…just for illustration.

let me give you an example. Dr John Campbell is a famous youtuber on medical knowledge. He spent years talking about digestive system and cardiovacular illness on youtube with not much traffic until 2020 when he began to cover covid related stats and figures and he went viral. So it is not about being on “Youtube”. He has been there for years.

I am not a fan of “solve people’s problems and they will pay for you” when it comes to business ideas. Most people do not pay for most things. There are a thousand ways you can add value to someone’s life but less than one percent of them are things that he or she is willing to pay for. Just look at your own bill. You only pay for certain things. When people come to you and say “shut up and take my money” it is due to the the nature of the problem that you are solving rather than the excellence of your solution. The issue with “help people solve their problems” could be very very misleading. Follow where the money is, and especially in new industries where demand outstrips supply. I think that is where most opportunities are.

I won’t follow any trend. Trends are just trend in my opinion. They might be good for earning quick buck but they are not sustainable. I want to focus on the fundamentals need of people. Not to mention I don’t see any future in crypto related things. At the very least if things are unchanged.

My current client plan to connect me with his friend who is running a hotel and looking for a website. We’ll see if they are serious or not.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I will have to apologize for my bluntness in advance.

“Website development” is not a fastlane business, and so what? This is my first ever business to let me how it feels to be an entrepreneur. Who cares if it is scalable or not? I choose this because I want to learn the fundamentals and not because I want to be a millionaire from it. Don’t you find it amazing when you wake up in the morning and feel like you have a purpose that day? What about when clients praise you for your work and customer service? Doesn’t that amazing feedback keep pushing yourself to do better and aspire to achieve more?

If YouTube ban my channel, and so what? I will at least give it a try instead of regretting not doing it.

You bet I was stuck for 4 years cause I was chasing that “fastlane” business. I was trying to run without knowing how to crawl.

Fastlane can wait, I need to build a solid foundation first.

I won’t follow any trend. Trends are just trend in my opinion. They might be good for earning quick buck but they are not sustainable. I want to focus on the fundamentals need of people. Not to mention I don’t see any future in crypto related things. At the very least if things are unchanged.

My current client plan to connect me with his friend who is running a hotel and looking for a website. We’ll see if they are serious or not.
Best of luck.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
I had a meeting with my previous client on Wednesday, he wants to add a pretty complex system to the site. I quoted him a pretty reasonable price in the 4 figure and he's now considering if he can afford it or not. It doesn't look too promising, the value is there and he knows it too (He could make at minimum 6 figures if his business plan works out) but I suspect that his financials are not great. I also offered a monthly payment plan because I do like working with him but in the end, I can't make decisions for him and I won't lower my price.

For now, work is pretty dry, no prospects have reached out to me yet. I will try Google Ads and see if I can get any leads. The ad (not Google Ad) I am currently running right now has already reached the ceiling in terms of price point. I was not able to acquire any more prospects through it after I have raised my price.

I have also begun to send e-mails to Craigslist gigs just to see if I can get any clients from there. Still no bite after sending 7 e-mails. For now, I will just keep trying. (Maybe being based in Sweden is hurting my chances.)

When it comes to cold calls and e-mail, I have a few good candidates but I am still researching if it's legal for me to reach out to them unsolicited. (Swedish och EU laws are pretty strict in terms of marketing)

In my free time, I am searching for a good problem to solve. Preferably something that has a number of competitors so I know there is demand. It will certainly not adhere to CENT commandments, as it will most likely be an application on Shopify Marketplace.

On another hand, I also have a bit of an itch to sell premium and proprietary physical products. Giving Apple-like unboxing experiences and "lifestyle". This one will definitely meet all CENT commandments. But I have to control myself and focus on what matters right now. I will give it a try after I have more funds and a solid foundation.

Regarding Youtube, I have already created a channel and logo. I also have a pretty good idea of what my first video is going to be about. It will definitely catch the interest of many people.

To relax, I have drafted some ideas for my web novel serialization. It's pretty fun to world build and thinks about plot ideas.

I will post an update if my Google Ads journey is progressing smoothly.

Last edited:

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
So I have not been updating much in the past month.

I just got done with paperwork regarding my company and now I still have to wrestle with my bank.

Anyway, I just got back from a meeting with some people. They are going to be my sales guy so I can make sure my business has a steady stream of clients. Most of them are going to be in the construction niche. I am also considering expanding by outsourcing some of the work if they managed to bring in a sizeable amount of clients. We are still working out the deal and the commission.

If this works out, then I am pretty sure they are going to account for at least 90% of my revenue. So I will have to try to find a way to diversify that in the future.

I don't know when the next update is gonna be, but that's all from me for now.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Major Pivot time.

In the past few months, I have not accepted any new web dev work. I have decided not to continue with web dev work for a few reasons. But the major one is that managing clients are a major pain in the *ss. And it takes too much work for me to find good quality clients. When I look at the time spent versus my income, it's simply not worth it any longer.

Maybe this is just a shiny object syndrome, but I believe my next business will be the one with the highest potential and requires very little time to maintain. It's a digital product.

The product can be created in 2-3 days and there is quite a bit of demand for them. A healthy amount of competition but that just makes me much more confident in scaling this business beyond my freelancing gig while not increasing my workload.

I have already started advertising and sold 2 of them. Not profitable yet even with a 95% ish margin on the product.

The great thing about this business is, the more I create and advertise, the more I will earn (+no headaches associated with traditional e-commerce). So there's a potential for high income and the market is big enough for me to compete in.

Another business I am looking into is Amazon KDP, I love to read fantasy in my free time (particularly when I am traveling long distances) and I don't mind spending 30min - 1hr per day writing a short story to release there.

But digital product is still my main focus.

I will occasionally come in and update you guys on my progress. TBH, I am too lazy for it lol.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
After grinding away for many days, I am starting to see some progress with paid ads.

image22.jpg
The profit is like 30-50% I don't know for sure because it is combined with many other ad campaigns

I am still in deep red due to all the testing I had to do. However, I might finally get some positive ROI.

But this certainly wasn't easy to achieve lol. Here is a graph showing my progress:

image11.jpg

Here you guys can see how I was struggling so much with getting even one conversion.

So what's the takeaway from this? What did I learn?

It is this one thing:

You test and test and test and test until you are sick of it. I had to suppress my own negative emotion despite probably losing hundreds of dollars testing it. (I was mainly testing the creatives of my ad)

To make this post more valuable, here's a simple guide for Tiktok Ads:

Creative is KING. Test as many as you can. And the most important thing is this: Statistical significance

If you get 0% CTR on your creative but you only got 40 Impressions, then you let it spend until it becomes significant enough. 1000 impressions will always give better data than 40 impressions. Only make the decision when there's enough data.

Don't fall in love with your creatives/product/messaging etc. Always test EVERYTHING. But do it in a controlled manner.

For example, you are selling a dog toy. You might structure the campaign like this on Tiktok:

Adset Budget Optimization

Adset 1 - Interest: Pet
Ad 1 - Cute Toy
Ad 2 - Safe Toy
Ad 3 - IQ Enhancing Toy

Adset 2 - Interest: Dog
Ad 1 - Cute Toy
Ad 2 - Safe Toy
Ad 3 - IQ Enhancing Toy

The only variable here is Interest. You will then narrow that down to the best-performing one after getting enough data. After that, you will then test which creatives are the best ones. And which ad copy is the best etc. Always limit the variable to one thing.

In my case, I had to spam test creatives until I manage to lower the CPC by 1000% while keeping the traffic quality.

Alright, that's all. tbh I don't want to write anymore. I will update this thread when I make any more major progress.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I will occasionally come in and update you guys on my progress. TBH, I am too lazy for it lol.

Coming from vast experience taking people in your spot to the "finish line" this is a definitive statement for you.

You mentioned in the OP that you were frustrated that you "hadn't made it" yet. The subsequent posts were talking about how much pain and frustration things were and how you wanted to do more with less..... excuse me, GET more for less.

What I see (yes you didn't ask for this advice) is that you don't want it near as bad as you think you do.

That's ok, there are lots of people there, comfort is easy. You'll have to reset your expectations to be more in line with your actual willingness, this way your life experience isn't negative from expecting more than you were willing. What would the use be, that's a recipe for unhappiness.

Any business that you pursue will have challenges that are frustrating, that's why so few are successful. Our default mode is path of least resistance which means moving away from the pain of being consistent, getting clients by hand, dealing with customer issues, and doing business development on a never ending cycle.

No amount of success will come easy, no matter what new idea you are sold on. Having mediocre results and "skills" is only valuable at the bar to "sound cool" but have nothing to show for it.

What would happen if you focused so hard for 90days, 6 on/ 1 off per week, and impressed yourself with the level of input you had, consistently? I'd be willing to bet your results would exceed anything you've done over the last few years.

If you find yourself saying this sucks or this is hard, you've found what you are looking for, opportunity.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is my first time seeing this thread.

I know this is a year old, but what happened here:
I will post an update if my Google Ads journey is progressing smoothly.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Coming from vast experience taking people in your spot to the "finish line" this is a definitive statement for you.

You mentioned in the OP that you were frustrated that you "hadn't made it" yet. The subsequent posts were talking about how much pain and frustration things were and how you wanted to do more with less..... excuse me, GET more for less.

What I see (yes you didn't ask for this advice) is that you don't want it near as bad as you think you do.

That's ok, there are lots of people there, comfort is easy. You'll have to reset your expectations to be more in line with your actual willingness, this way your life experience isn't negative from expecting more than you were willing. What would the use be, that's a recipe for unhappiness.

Any business that you pursue will have challenges that are frustrating, that's why so few are successful. Our default mode is path of least resistance which means moving away from the pain of being consistent, getting clients by hand, dealing with customer issues, and doing business development on a never ending cycle.

No amount of success will come easy, no matter what new idea you are sold on. Having mediocre results and "skills" is only valuable at the bar to "sound cool" but have nothing to show for it.

What would happen if you focused so hard for 90days, 6 on/ 1 off per week, and impressed yourself with the level of input you had, consistently? I'd be willing to bet your results would exceed anything you've done over the last few years.

If you find yourself saying this sucks or this is hard, you've found what you are looking for, opportunity.
I don’t really know where I mentioned I want to get more for less but I see your point.

My family is VERY affluent. Many people would love to be in my position and honestly be very satisfied with their quality of life. It is very easy for me to just coast through life while having more wealth than 99% of people. So that might be a factor why I am not progressing as much as I want. But I know I can achieve more. (I won’t go into detail why I don’t just help my family business, it is very complicated,)

And btw, even tho I say it is difficult and all, I do enjoy the process. So I am not really unhappy. Just like going to the gym, some day might suck and you complain about it, you will still get the workout done.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
This is my first time seeing this thread.

I know this is a year old, but what happened here:
Hi Andy, love your course on Google Ads btw

Yea I am still working on it. I couldn’t get any campaign profitable yet. Right now I am just focusing on social media ads and mastering it 100%

The thread is a bit messy with how I am trying out different things. But I think I have finally found something that I can truly scale with.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Andy, love your course on Google Ads btw

Yea I am still working on it. I couldn’t get any campaign profitable yet. Right now I am just focusing on social media ads and mastering it 100%

The thread is a bit messy with how I am trying out different things. But I think I have finally found something that I can truly scale with.
Yeah, get profitable with one channel first and scale that.

"One channel, one avatar, one product."
(From Ready, Fire, Aim I believe)

That's what focus means to me.

I just need to take my own medicine.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads