The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Laser Focus: If not now, when?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Major Pivot time.

In the past few months, I have not accepted any new web dev work. I have decided not to continue with web dev work for a few reasons. But the major one is that managing clients are a major pain in the *ss. And it takes too much work for me to find good quality clients. When I look at the time spent versus my income, it's simply not worth it any longer.

Maybe this is just a shiny object syndrome, but I believe my next business will be the one with the highest potential and requires very little time to maintain. It's a digital product.

The product can be created in 2-3 days and there is quite a bit of demand for them. A healthy amount of competition but that just makes me much more confident in scaling this business beyond my freelancing gig while not increasing my workload.

I have already started advertising and sold 2 of them. Not profitable yet even with a 95% ish margin on the product.

The great thing about this business is, the more I create and advertise, the more I will earn (+no headaches associated with traditional e-commerce). So there's a potential for high income and the market is big enough for me to compete in.

Another business I am looking into is Amazon KDP, I love to read fantasy in my free time (particularly when I am traveling long distances) and I don't mind spending 30min - 1hr per day writing a short story to release there.

But digital product is still my main focus.

I will occasionally come in and update you guys on my progress. TBH, I am too lazy for it lol.
Do you mind sharing partially on what the product is about?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Didnt launch any new ads today. Was enjoying some time with my family.
Did some changes to LP and the winning creative so let's see if this gets better CTR.

So excited to test.

And I think I got a solution for the scaling problems I mentioned earlier. No more roadblocks I know of.

That said, tomorrow we launch to the moon.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Do you mind sharing partially on what the product is about?
It is not really about the product. You must think about the offer and audience + the marketing platform.

For example, if you want to advertise on Tiktok you should have a very broad product for the best result and ROI.

And you MUST have an edge. No matter how small it is. In my case, my profit margin is just so ridiculous that I can pretty much-outbid competitors.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Btw would anyone here be interested if I release a case study I might do in a few months? Obviously not gonna charge or upsell anything. Just want to provide some value. I feel like this community is a bit lacking on the actual execution part (Most are very secretive on actual steps especially online business) and I had to find similar communities but more focused on execution to really learn everything I know today.

But this is just a thought I had recently, I might change my mind in the future if I think it is too much work lol (Considering I will have to abandon the project because I can 100% guarantee there will be 100s of copycats)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Btw would anyone here be interested if I release a case study I might do in a few months? Obviously not gonna charge or upsell anything. Just want to provide some value. I feel like this community is a bit lacking on the actual execution part (Most are very secretive on actual steps especially online business) and I had to find similar communities but more focused on execution to really learn everything I know today.

But this is just a thought I had recently, I might change my mind in the future if I think it is too much work lol (Considering I will have to abandon the project because I can 100% guarantee there will be 100s of copycats)
There are execution threads, even outside of the INSIDERS section.

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Tried scaling today but there was a problem with some metrics so I had to stop them. Pretty much breakeven. Could be worse.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.