The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keep doing the right thing, the results will follow

Anything related to matters of the mind

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Keep doing the right thing.gif

Some advice I gave to a client who gets a bit excited, disappointed, or impatient:

Professional poker players are dispassionate about the outcome. They tuck losses and wins away as learnings as they figure out how to win the game. They could get all-in with their two aces against a fish who calls with a rubbish hand. They don’t get excited because they’re ahead. Neither are they disappointed if they lose. They keep grinding it out and grinding down their opponent.

Our plan is to keep grinding it out. Calmly.

If our bankroll isn’t high enough to play at the current tables then we drop down to smaller tables and try to learn the game so we can beat it while spending less.

Getting excited or angry or disappointed is a sign we’re playing at tables too big for us, and/or our mindset isn’t that of the coolly detached pro.

Keep doing the right thing, the results will follow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Exactly. It's a process. If you have done your homework and know that the numbers will work you just have to have the confidence and belief which will let you grind it out until you get the results you know are obtainable. You might well have to make adjustments along the way but that's part and parcel of entrepreneurship.

I used to love poker and had a game with friends every fortnight. I went years without a single loss simply because I didn't tilt when I got bad beats. I just battened down the hatches and played conservatively with what I had left until things started going my way again.

You can't win if you give up part way through the process.

D

Deleted85763

View attachment 33034

Some advice I gave to a client who gets a bit excited, disappointed, or impatient:

Professional poker players are dispassionate about the outcome. They tuck losses and wins away as learnings as they figure out how to win the game. They could get all-in with their two aces against a fish who calls with a rubbish hand. They don’t get excited because they’re ahead. Neither are they disappointed if they lose. They keep grinding it out and grinding down their opponent.

Our plan is to keep grinding it out. Calmly.

If our bankroll isn’t high enough to play at the current tables then we drop down to smaller tables and try to learn the game so we can beat it while spending less.

Getting excited or angry or disappointed is a sign we’re playing at tables too big for us, and/or our mindset isn’t that of the coolly detached pro.

Keep doing the right thing, the results will follow.
You should also tell people "The reverse is also true!"

If you want to go even further say "Always go the extra mile in your relations with others.". If you do what I have found is that really good things then come to you in unexpected ways; sometimes beyond belief! Like the young man who gave up his seat on a train to an older man. The older man turned out to be the president of a major company. The older man gave the younger man a position at his company as a vice-president and a salary many times what he was earning before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thought this was a YouTube video of yours but I guess it's just a thread? Have you thought about making a video about this thread title?
That’s a great idea! I’ll work on it. Got a head cold though so no voiceover tonight.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I agree with the basic premise. I do the right thing and create so much good luck. Sometimes those good deeds take years to come back to me, but they always do...

Also, Andy, I like the fact that if you get all worked up, you're sitting at the wrong table -- you just can't afford to be there financially, emotionally, and experience-wise. I play Monopoly in the RE business with real money all the time. Sometimes I lose -- but I rarely get worked up about it. I knew the odds when I went into the deal. I can't make a deal without accepting the fact that I might lose. If I do get worked up, it's because I somehow failed -- failed to understand the other players' natures -- I miscalculated the odds -- I didn't leave enough wiggle room to handle a black swan event -- I dropped the ball at a critical moment... I know it always comes back to me and me alone. I chose to play the game and accepted that level of risk.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.