The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Keep doing the right thing, the results will follow

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Andy Black

Dad, Husband, Inbound Marketeer
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Keep doing the right thing.gif

Some advice I gave to a client who gets a bit excited, disappointed, or impatient:

Professional poker players are dispassionate about the outcome. They tuck losses and wins away as learnings as they figure out how to win the game. They could get all-in with their two aces against a fish who calls with a rubbish hand. They don’t get excited because they’re ahead. Neither are they disappointed if they lose. They keep grinding it out and grinding down their opponent.

Our plan is to keep grinding it out. Calmly.

If our bankroll isn’t high enough to play at the current tables then we drop down to smaller tables and try to learn the game so we can beat it while spending less.

Getting excited or angry or disappointed is a sign we’re playing at tables too big for us, and/or our mindset isn’t that of the coolly detached pro.

Keep doing the right thing, the results will follow.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Exactly. It's a process. If you have done your homework and know that the numbers will work you just have to have the confidence and belief which will let you grind it out until you get the results you know are obtainable. You might well have to make adjustments along the way but that's part and parcel of entrepreneurship.

I used to love poker and had a game with friends every fortnight. I went years without a single loss simply because I didn't tilt when I got bad beats. I just battened down the hatches and played conservatively with what I had left until things started going my way again.

You can't win if you give up part way through the process.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Yeah, your youtube channel is incredible and all the videos I have seen so far are really great...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom