The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION KAK's Kill Bigger Radio Show

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
As I am sure you probably have already heard on @Vigilante s Mind Your Business.

I too am launching a radio show! I have been a bit of a troll with the new avatar for a week. :rofl:

EDIT! Here is episode ZERO for people that want to learn what the show is all about. Basically Ayn Rand meets actionable business content.

Kill Bigger Radio Trailer - Ep 0 by Kill Bigger Radio with Kyle Keegan • A podcast on Anchor

Please pardon our early sound quality! It gets as good as the trailer eventually!

Episode 1 has been live for about 12 hours, but the big announcement is NOW! Check it out on your favorite podcasting app! @MoneyDoc and @Roz both found it pre-launch. Good job guys.

Apple
Spotify
Google

I think the first show ever is pretty damn good considering!

I have ONE correction to make as I was re-listening ... Vertical integration = buying up supply chain and delivery chain... Horizontal integration = buying competitors.

Dave and I plan to work together to provide amazing business content for your listening pleasure! I hope the forum enjoys as much as we enjoy putting this all together!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Vigilante You will like this. For anyone who listened to your chat with Kyle about going TOP DOWN when chatting with companies, I just had the Senior VP of a company forward my email to the exact person I need to talk to. Lol, take that gatekeepers!

This absolutely works, and it has led to me talking to some pretty big deal people in some pretty big deal companies.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Ladies and Gentlemen. On June 22nd I am pleased and thrilled to welcome the Libertarian Candidate for President of the United States on the Kill Bigger Radio Show.... Jo Jorgensen.

She talks a lot about privacy, liberty and criminal justice in her platform. We are going to chat about business policy, capitalism and tax reform.

It will be an incredibly cool show that I am looking forward to.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
OK so in this thread, I am going to document an experiment. As someone that is interested in business-to-business sales, I am going to try to get some kind of deal with SiriusXM... Their business channel, without KBRS, pretty much sucks. This is where I come in. They are clearly struggling to find good content.

I fully 100% realize that this is a TALL order for a podcast that has only been out for a month.

I do not care.

I am going to pick apart their hierarchy and talk to who I need to talk to and I am not going to stop until I get a meeting.

So where am I at this point? As of today, I have been blown off by their contact us form and the corporate phone number. No real surprise there, but it is always worth a try. I am at stage ZERO with this.

Next step... Opening dialogues with anyone and everyone I can find that works there and offer to fly to NYC on my dime for a sit-down. Of course, they will probably divert to Zoom, but almost anyone can appreciate that gesture and I find that I get FAR more accomplished in person.

My first victim has the title: Senior Director, Podcast Production and Operations... Sounds promising. We will find out.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
We have EPISODE 7 available now!

It is HARD to believe that I have only been officially live for like 10 days. This is really turning out to be fun for me. I will let you guys in on a little secret... This is out of my comfort zone. I never in a million years expected to want to do something like this. I decided to flat out obliterate my comfort zone... I now LIVE outside of my comfort zone. I am growing more and more comfortable with this as time goes on.

Episode 7 features a guest and my friend @MTEE1985 ... Together we discuss finance, investing, what current events mean for investors, and... He talks about a billion dollar startup he is a part of.

I fully understand it is a lot... But the content is good, so speed it up if you have to because you won't want to miss it.

Also, my apologies for the quality of the Skype call... I need to do some research and get some higher fidelity audio with my guests. I will not stop improving until everything is perfect. I am literally going all in... I started with a simple digital USB mic... Now I am looking at a professional XLR setup... I have super high end podcast editing software now. Guys... We are going big. Like not just big... BIGGER.

Mike Travis: Investing and Finance Part One of a Billion

Apple Podcasts

Spotify Podcasts

Google Podcasts

Spreaker

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
YouTube is particularly interesting because I could add a video element rather easily. That might have to be in the works. When I dive into something, I fully immerse. This might be fun to watch for the forum, in addition to the content, because this radio show is a project of mine on full display.
Yes, YouTube is the most fascinating channel/platform to me. The content is evergreen, you can run ads to videos if you want, there’s soooo much attention on YouTube it’s unreal, it helps/ranks on Google, and you‘ve more of people’s attention if they’re watching a video versus listening to an audio.

@Vigilante @Kak ... consider “video first“? You can pull out audio and text from video. And you can of course pull out small nuggets from each episode and post to various places.

Btw... @Fox and @Lex DeVille have solid YouTube channels. @Valier has one that’s gone viral (over 80k subs in a few months with under 10 videos - see his Gold progress thread).

I like that you immerse yourself @Kak, and I like that you use that word.

You also talk about leadership a lot. By putting yourself out there you’re showing people how leaders lead.

“People listen to experts, they follow leaders.” (Dan Gallappo)

People should follow both these new shows to see HOW they start and grow. You’ll learn more from that than listening to experts (aka spending money on a “How To Podcast” course).

Something I smiled at listening to both @Vigilante and @Kak initial episodes? They both had technical issues but left them in.

“Done is better than perfect.”

“Move fast and break things.”
(Mark Z)

“You can’t steer a parked car.”
(James Schramko)

“Start.”
(Dave Happe)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
Mind sharing in a generic way what your intial message to the COO was?

Hi Name,

[complement on his company's product.]

I'm interested in [blank] (I used 13 words)

If that idea appeals to you, let's set up a call,

Thanks,

I've been trying to limit my emails to three sentences. All of them.

A CEO had this in his email sig, and I loved it. Efficient, clear, to the point. Sentenc.es - A Disciplined Way To Deal With Email

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As I am sure you probably have already heard on @Vigilante s Mind Your Business.

I too am launching a radio show! I have been a bit of a troll with the new avatar for a week. :rofl:

The VERY FIRST episode has been live for about 12 hours, but the big announcement is NOW! Check it out on your favorite podcasting app! @MoneyDoc and @Roz both found it pre-launch good job guys.

Or here! Business is an Art... Not a Science.

Or you can just go to killbigger.com

I think the first show ever is pretty damn good considering!

I have ONE correction to make as I was re-listening ... Vertical integration = buying up supply chain and delivery chain... Horizontal integration = buying competitors.

Dave and I plan to work together to provide amazing business content for your listening pleasure! I hope the forum enjoys as much as we enjoy putting this all together!
Nice work @Kak. I agree that business is more an art than a science.

I love the way you think. Opportunity knocks so much it’s a drumroll on the door. We just have to have our ears tuned to it.

Thanks for the great examples. The flooring company example, and the example where you created a new company and a great win-win on the fly stood out for me.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It is a great example of diving in. Learning something and pivoting.

I didn’t need to do 2 months of research. I just needed to become a radio host.
I despair sometimes, watching people look for maps when they just need to open the front door and step outside.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Kak @Vigilante

I didn’t know which thread to write this in but it’s for both of you.

Thanks for taking action and showing the truth in two of my favourite phrases:

“People listen to experts, they follow leaders.” (Dan Gallapoo)

“Tell me what you’ve done and I’ll tell you who you are.” (Unknown)

For a few weeks I was finding the forum a bit tedious with too much arguing and complaining and not much action taking (in my humble opinion as a forum member). I’ve been grateful for the ignore thread feature.

Now you guys, plus a few other progress threads, are showing what it means to be leaders. You’re forging ahead and your energy is infectious.

I think there’s a definite buzz about the forum recently and your two threads have played a big part in generating it.

Thanks guys.

Also... it’s entertaining watching you bounce off each other and spur each other on. This is a good example of what it means to have someone to mastermind with. You don’t sit round having kumba-yah moments, or talk about grandiose plans you will get round to doing. You can talk about what you’ve *done* to spur each other on. Thanks for letting people see that.

For those reading and following, and especially those new to the forum: the progress threads are the most informative threads in the forum. You get a chance to look over someone’s shoulder in real time. You get to see how they think, and how they assess, act, and adjust.

If you’re new and don’t have a progress thread then I urge you to create one. Don’t worry about looking dumb or falling flat on your face. That’s expected and part of the process. It’s how you pick yourself up and keep going that will define you.

Pick a direction. Get started. Keep going.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
DANG IT.

It looks like I lost a bet in spectacular fashion to Kyle today. I still have time before he is able to announce it a week or more from now, so I could still pull a rabbit out of a hat but WOW! You all won't believe what the Kill Bigger radio show is on the cusp of.

I have my work cut out for me.

Let's just put it this way... Dave and I had a bet... Who would land the first "A-Lister" guest.

So the "black rectangle" prevails again. You guys are not going to believe who is coming on the Kill Bigger Radio Show.

Anyway, this is big league and I am glad I have this progress thread to share it in. I will make the big announcement later this week on the show and post it in here thereafter.

You will also get a front row seat to me in a high pressure meeting. I really wouldn't be surprised if this launches the thread into GOLD territory, but I will leave that up for the powers that be to decide. ;)

Last edited:

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
Wichita Kansas
HOW do you do it? What are your top tips?
Man, so much goes into prospecting for new customers. Top tips:

1. Leverage the existing technology that's out there today to find decision-makers. LinkedIn search for titles you sell to (ex: If I'm selling software that helps companies gather insights into where they could save money, I'm prospecting the VP of Procurement). Use tools like hunter.io to get direct e-mails. Use automated replies to get direct phone lines. Tools like Seamless.ai to get direct contact info.

2. If you get them on the phone, be professional and get to it. I prefer to ask for permission, some don't. Provide value up front, an insightful question they haven't thought of before.. some way to gather interest and keep the conversation going.

"Hi Dave, Tyler calling from ____. Thank you for taking my call. Do you have a few moments?"

Dave: Sure.

"Thanks Dave. The reason for my call is ____"I see you are getting back into the podcasting space. I listened to your recent episode on What To Do If You're Fired, I really enjoyed the to-the-point advice and throwing your ego aside. I'm curious, as you've voiced concerns a few times on making sure the audio is dialed-in and not picking up background noise, have you heard of ____?"

3. The first objection is usually a lie. "I don't have budget." "I'm busy." "We have this." You need to come up with some prepared responses to overcome these. I prefer to acknowledge the objection, and then ask another question.

Dave: "Tyler, I'm busy. Haven't heard of you, and don't have time right now. Send me an e-mail."

Tyler: "Of course Dave, I understand that your a very busy man. Happy to send over some material. I just wanted to ask, how are you tracking how much each of your episodes are being listened to by your audience?"

Some people dislike this. The reality is often (NOT ALWAYS), if they answered the phone, they have time to talk. You just came across as an annoying salesman, and haven't delivered enough value to continue the conversation yet.

4. You really just need to stand out. Make your e-mails personalized. When you get someone to pickup, don't throw a canned pitch. Make sure they know that you know who they are, what they do, possible interests, etc. Can you do a quick demo of your product and customize it to the individual? Get Loom, record yourself and screen-share the demo, and send it to them. E-mail line could be something like: Built this app for you, Dave. Your responsibility is to figure out how to leverage your messaging and product/service to make it unique and stand out from the noise in their e-mail/phone/voicemail.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011

Today we have a big milestone! We have hit the 1000 downloads mark! This is a blast! I am incredibly humbled to have a radio show enjoyed by so many, right out of the gate.

2 weeks to 1000 downloads. Incredible.

More fun to come!

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Kyle and Dave, you literally taught us gold with the "TOP DOWN" approach.

Sent an email to Walmart Canada's COO at 1 am last night. Got an email back at 7 am this morning with the Sr Director for the category we're in cc'ed... talk about work ethic though, COO of Walmart Canada replying to an email at 7 am.

Added a screenshot. Still need to perfect my email skills, but it worked!

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
1. I just poured my soul out in a Kill Bigger show for you all that Kyle will be releasing here in a bit

2. I might have made a completely inappropriate reference to an "explosive" package that Kyle had to put into proper context

3. Kyle makes a huge A-list announcement at the end of his show

4. There's a few minutes of outtakes that I know he has recorded that will never make it on to the public part of the show, but I would not be surprised to see it haunt me later in exclusive content at some point

Great time talking about getting past the gate keepers to the decision makers. If he releases the video, you will be able to see that I am ALL IN emotionally in these shows.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Greetings for the day folks!

So I have to admit... The winds were taken out of my sails a bit earlier. Though the drama was obviously bullshit. I still hate to even think that I might be included on someone's shit list. Or that someone's opinion of me or any other honest and longtime contributor here was somehow lessened by that circus.

Maybe I give too much of a shit about what people think, but potentially being part of a group that got shit on, in this instance, for literally GIVING... It sucks.

Ironically, even though I sat the day out... KBRS is going to have its biggest day ever. It is only 12 downloads away with four more hours in the day. So... f*ck IT!:rofl:

In the spirit of KILLING BIGGER, and to celebrate that win... I went ahead and bought that Focusrite Scarlet Audio Interface that I wanted! No more gain problems, EVER!

I have a cool episode coming up for you guys tomorrow... It is about Warren Buffet's "scorecard" system of running his life. I got a lot of value from it and I think you guys are going to LOVE it.

Anyway! Like I say at the end of most of my shows: I LOVE YOU GUYS and THANK YOU GUYS for your support!

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
So I asked Kyle to invite one HUGE A-lister. His immediate response? "I will reach out."

If this guy is on the show (and he actually DOES accept invitations if time permits), it'll be so EPIC I can't even explain it. I'm not going to say who until he agrees. Then you'll have to thank me guys LOL.

Speaking of this!

I got my response back from Jeff Bezos’ office today as well. He politely declined as he is busy at the moment. No kidding? The richest man in the world is busy? Hahaha

I will keep the line open with his assistant and get him on the show eventually. Maybe... :rofl:

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Good point about the regular schedule. Makes sense.

I also think if you eventually change it to the "Kill Bigger Show" then it easily sits on iTunes and YouTube (it can be audio and video). I know there's video podcasts. I don't think this is a big deal mind you. I think that if it's on YouTube as a Radio Show then we expect to see mics and a studio setup for sound. You may not even be talking to camera.

I want a full-blown, foam on the walls, multi-microphone, conference table, Joe Rogan style, 4k studio. I will get it too.

This will be massive. Mark my words right here. This entire process will be documented from the very first episode.

It will just be one of the many offices we have in my future global headquarters building.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Some behind the scenes scoop stuff here... The command center/studio got an upgrade this week, but not before I had to Kill it Bigger.

I got the foam... But command strips SUCK ROYALLY. What a joke. Some of them even came off of the wall. The Amazon reviewers that swore by this are imbeciles.

I try to whole a$$ everything I do... This was half-assed... So, I went to the hardware store and bought a sheet of 1/4" plywood and got the table saw out.

I used Locktite spray adhesive to the back of the foam and mounted it to the rough side of the OSB:

View: https://youtu.be/SJigD9lkopI

Then I used an 18 gauge pneumatic brad nailer to shoot through the foam and affix these larger panels to the wall. They are NOT coming down unless I want them to. One day, if they do need to come down, it will require minimal patchwork.

Now it looks like this:

View: https://youtu.be/APlO90vgUVw

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
@Andy Black you might really like this!

I posted this in the blog section at KillBigger.com today... It is all about my setup and how I have changed things over the last two months. I am really in a place where I can say I am happy with my audio quality. I still want to get the legendary ElectroVoice RE-20, but I will reward 100k downloads with that one.

I was asked what equipment and tools I now use to make my podcast… The learning curve to getting super clear audio is is pretty steep. It took me quite a while to get this to a place where I am happy with it. Eventually, what you want to do is get a process down that is super consistent across all of your episodes.

First let’s talk equipment.

I started off with a Blue Snowball Ice. I quickly realized that condenser mics are best used in professional studios, not my office. Shortly after I started, I knew I needed a dynamic microphone as soon as possible. I bought the AudioTechnica ATR 2100 X- USB. It can be purchased on Amazon for about $100. This microphone is also recommended and deployed by Tim Ferriss in some roles for his very popular and professional podcasts. I still own the Audio Technica microphone, and every time I feature Brittany, my wife on KBRS, this is the microphone she is using. As you can tell, it is super clear.

I have switched several things around since the beginning… The equipment I currently use is as follows.

Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 Generation 3 Audio Interface
– These cost about $175 on Amazon and allow me to record two microphones at once. It also helps me control my gain better than the USB microphone.

My main show microphone is currently a Lewitt MTP 500 DM. These are super well built microphones that weigh an absolute ton! The sound they can produce for a mere $150 is epic.

My secondary microphone that Brittany uses when she joins me on the show is the Audio Technica ATR 2100 X -USB microphone. I use it with an XLR connection to the Focusrite Scarlet.

My headphones are Anker Soundcore Life Q20 and I am very happy with them considering they were only about $60 on Amazon. You need to be monitoring your microphone in real time, this will train you in microphone control and make sure you aren’t doing something that sounds bad. It gets easier as time goes on. At first I hated monitoring and would roll a show without headphones. Now, I can’t live without them. Do this right from the beginning because why do anything if you don’t do it right?

My podcast host is Anchor.fm. I chose Anchor because they are owned by Spotify. Spotify is playing to win in this category and so am I. I also would require a very expensive plan from most other podcast hosts because of the volume of content I produce. FREE definitely doesn’t hurt at all. I am happy with Anchor and wish I wouldn’t have had to transition over to them. I DO NOT use ANY of the recording software within Anchor… I literally upload a complete audio file, title and describe the episode and click publish.

Speaking of FREE! I use Audacity to record. Audacity is an open source audio editing software. It does more than I need it to. I couldn’t be happier with Audacity.

Having the right equipment is just the first step… I also have to put it all together in a way that sounds great… THIS is the learning curve. Buying good stuff is easy, making it sound good took time.

1.) When I go to record a show, the first thing I do is add my introduction bump into Audacity and add additional MONO track for my voice. NOT STEREO. Just trust me on this you will be disappointed if you record a stereo track and it only comes out of one headphone. You can fix that later, but just record mono, unless you have a guest IN STUDIO.

2.) Then I test my microphone by opting to monitor in Audacity. You can watch how high your sound levels get. You want to make sure you leave quite a bit of headroom. I like to talk the loudest I will probably get and make sure it doesn’t exceed -6 DB. It is OK if that looks quiet as you are recording, you fix that later. Better to bring audio up than overmodulating a bunch.

You adjust this with the gain on the Focusrite Scarlet. Leave your microphone volume level in Audacity right in the middle where it is default. I can’t stress this enough, leave yourself headroom.

3.) Address the microphone from the side… This again makes you even quieter, but that is OK because it fixes a lot of things like loud breathing noises and plosives. It took me a while to finally standardize to addressing the microphone from the side.

4.) Hit record. Record the show to completion.

5.) Add your ending music as a third track.

NOW we get into post processing of the voice file!

1. The first thing I like to do is select the entire voice track and amplify it to 0db. This makes it as loud as it can be without over modulation and doesn’t change the dynamic range on the audio.
  2. The next thing I do is scan the audio visually looking for heavy breathing noises and when I find them I note how loud they are by selecting them and playing them.
  3. Use the Noise Gate function at a threshold JUST ABOVE those breathing noises. I like to bring them down about 25db. Test it and apply it to the entire track. If you get too zealous with this you will cut out your own voice, so be careful. This is a fantastic tool that will cut out all of the background noise in the silence. This is enough for me, I don’t seem to need to use noise reduction in the background while I am talking. If you do need to use noise reduction, you should do that BEFORE you gate the audio you won’t be able to establish a profile for the noise.
  4. Now I go into Filter Curve and use the standard Bass Boost function to get a nice warm radioy sound. I apply this to the voice track.
  5. I run the compressor. The compressor doesn’t actually compress the bitrate of your audio… It levels out your dynamic range so the loudness is consistent across the entire track. It makes a huge difference. I like running the compressor at 3.5 to 1.
  6. Now that you have run the compressor, quickly scan the voice track for breathing that might have made it through the noise gate, because they just got a lot louder… Select these breathing noises individually and use the amplify function to bring them DOWN about 35db. (This is not super important, but I do it sometimes when I am stuffy for instance and might have had more breathing noises than usual.)
  7. Normalize the voice track to -3db.
At this point, your episode should be complete! You can export it ALWAYS as a MONO file. And depending on your podcast host, set the highest bitrate for the mp3 that they accept.

I hope this helps for those of you wondering how my audio has gotten to where it is. Results may vary, but this is the process that I use.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Happy Monday Everyone!

I have Episode 43 making its way to your favorite apps. In this episode I answer a PM I had on the forum and also discuss the concept of elitism.

Loved this episode and calling out billionaire hypocrites.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
I second the debate! It’d be nice to hear both perspectives and your response.

I will invite Elizabeth Warren on the show. And I am not kidding. :rofl:

Notice, I am getting some bigger name guests... That is only about 10% of who I am reaching out to. Most never answer.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
A bit of a fun update for everyone. The show is far enough up the real podcast charts that it is now measurable.

These are peak numbers. They move around very quickly, but this is what we are dealing with. I'm excited to see this for sure!

Screenshot_20200906-172356_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200906-172325_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200906-172247_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200906-172159_Chrome.jpg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen, I have slept on this thread a bit... There were still daily episodes though! Here is a recap!

This one was particularly fun because it got some press. Evidently the primary author of the article, Leo Strine Jr, is some Deleware Supreme Court Justice and mega commie that people have a big problem with. He earned it.

signal-2020-09-20-194755.jpeg

Here is an article someone wrote about it: Radio Host Goes After Former Delaware Supreme Court Justice Leo Strine! - Coastal Network

And of course... This morning's show. Addressing that 60k per month question in a more in depth way!

All of them are available or currently in process to YouTube as well.

Last edited:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen!

"Amazon FBA: A Bull and a Bear"

Is now live for your listening pleasure! I had an awesome guest on the show about this and you guys are going to love it.

Find it here:
Apple Podcast

Spotify Podcast

Google Podcast

YouTube

Spreaker

This could be the best show yet!
Thanks for having me on Kyle! It was really fun and I hope the listeners got some value out of it. Looking forward to many more.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
one little 'ah HAHaaaa' moment from a listener...

I've been realizing that I know a fair amount about business. Here I was, yesterday, selling a website to a lady, and I don't even do websites. I've only done my own, poorly.

But I understand business process, and I can talk to business owners about their needs. And so, I'm putting together a deal.

Now. This is a small deal with a small company. Here's the ah ha: What's the difference between this thing that I'm doing, and a larger deal? Not much. Maybe an extra zero or two (or three or four). In the end, there's relationships, clear thinking, service, process, good discussion, etc. And maybe some lawyers, but I'm guessing its much of the same thing. If I can think about business process on a smaller scale (and have the lady thank me for my time, knowledge and insight, essentially thanking me for selling to her), why not on a larger one?

Has me thinking...

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
So I asked Kyle to invite one HUGE A-lister. His immediate response? "I will reach out."

If this guy is on the show (and he actually DOES accept invitations if time permits), it'll be so EPIC I can't even explain it. I'm not going to say who until he agrees. Then you'll have to thank me guys LOL.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Kyle and Dave, you literally taught us gold with the "TOP DOWN" approach.

Sent an email to Walmart Canada's COO at 1 am last night. Got an email back at 7 am this morning with the Sr Director for the category we're in cc'ed... talk about work ethic though, COO of Walmart Canada replying to an email at 7 am.

Added a screenshot. Still need to perfect my email skills, but it worked!

View attachment 33760

sidebar, Walmart executives are my reference standard. A buyer might NEVER return your call, but a buyer that gets an email from an EVP within Walmart will ALWAYS call you. So glad this is resonating for you.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom