- Joined
- Mar 14, 2016
- Messages
- 431
Rep Bank
$1,480
$1,480
User Power: 168%
Hello guys,
Its been a while. Perhaps 2 years since i posted here.
Last 3 years for me was life changing.
I tried everything i could. From Fiverr to Freelancing to building a tech startup to ecommerce.
I got sales here and there, but i could not have a financial breakthrough.
Then i found a mentor who thought me affiliate marketing. Things started moving after that.
I had my first 2 figures a day. And recently I have gone all the way upto managing 4 figures (of profits a day) but stable 3 figures a day is the norm.
This is paid media buying in display, native, social media and search traffic sources promoting offers from affiliate networks such as insurance, games and what not. I think I can finally call myself an expert, as I am getting really comfortable with my skillset. Of course, I am still scaling and trying to make it big.
Anyway, then i saw this video by MJ DeMarco
I know its true, there is a large lack of commandment of control in the affiliate marketing space.
But the catch is, i know people who are doing 6-8 figures of yearly income, with 100 person companies (We are just 6 now) and I havent met a single company who does not partner with other companies in some way. Joint ventures, key clients and partnerships are the norm in every company I know. We recently started working on creating a SaaS application to help marketers, and even that includes using services from APIs of several third party applications.
And there are always strategies you can use to minimize risks. In affiliate marketing we can stack offers so that when one goes down we have another one. We can also diversify niches so that there is always something going on. I think most businesses will need to build strategy to overcome the lack of commandment of control.
I am sorta thinking about my future and how to build my company from where it is now, and I wanted to hear your thoughts on commandment of control in your own businesses.
Thanks
Its been a while. Perhaps 2 years since i posted here.
Last 3 years for me was life changing.
I tried everything i could. From Fiverr to Freelancing to building a tech startup to ecommerce.
I got sales here and there, but i could not have a financial breakthrough.
Then i found a mentor who thought me affiliate marketing. Things started moving after that.
I had my first 2 figures a day. And recently I have gone all the way upto managing 4 figures (of profits a day) but stable 3 figures a day is the norm.
This is paid media buying in display, native, social media and search traffic sources promoting offers from affiliate networks such as insurance, games and what not. I think I can finally call myself an expert, as I am getting really comfortable with my skillset. Of course, I am still scaling and trying to make it big.
Anyway, then i saw this video by MJ DeMarco
I know its true, there is a large lack of commandment of control in the affiliate marketing space.
But the catch is, i know people who are doing 6-8 figures of yearly income, with 100 person companies (We are just 6 now) and I havent met a single company who does not partner with other companies in some way. Joint ventures, key clients and partnerships are the norm in every company I know. We recently started working on creating a SaaS application to help marketers, and even that includes using services from APIs of several third party applications.
And there are always strategies you can use to minimize risks. In affiliate marketing we can stack offers so that when one goes down we have another one. We can also diversify niches so that there is always something going on. I think most businesses will need to build strategy to overcome the lack of commandment of control.
I am sorta thinking about my future and how to build my company from where it is now, and I wanted to hear your thoughts on commandment of control in your own businesses.
Thanks
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
