The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
What’s up guys.

Are you ready to make some F*cking money?

Because I certainly am

Call it a Gut Feeling… :humph:
So there I am, faced with a choice. I’m with clients at the time, 30 hours a week. They offer me full time at 40 - 50 hours a week.

Huge pay raise, double what I was making. More money than I’d ever seen in my life.

But you know what?

I turned them down

I couldn’t justify giving all of my time away to someone else. I have too much ambition, too much drive, too much sickening, almost delusional levels of self belief.

So I left, right then and there.

Okay, Game Plan… :clap::
“Alright” I say to myself - “what are my options? I’m currently” -

1. Not bringing in enough money - because my clients were my main source of income

2. Sitting on a 3 month cushion for food, gas, and rent

3. Have no plan B

So what did I do? I brainstormed, and then I brainstormed some more.

I had some ideas, a few others, but then it hit me…

You see, I’m a bit of a productivity nerd. And I love Science Fiction. I get kind of excited when I start to think about the tools we have access to on a daily basis.

Think about what your computer actually is

What you cell phone actually is

They’re portals.

Portals that allow you access to all the worlds information with just a few keystrokes. Portals that provide you with endless hours of endless possibility - to learn… explore… to connect…

And to Create

Never before have we had such powerful creation tools. These machines aren’t just for consumption, they’re for production. And when you utilize these devices in a certain way, putting together a certain combination of tools and strategies… well…

Suddenly you have a fully synced, systematically superior machine with multi-million dollar potential.

Where am I Going With This…? :smuggy:
Long story short? I’ve been building a process over the course of a few years.

Call it a passion project I suppose - meant to facilitate and optimize as much as possible my productive and creative output. To delegate the thinking to my devices - so that I could do more of one thing…

Execute more effectively in less time

And I succeeded. Ohhhh, did I ever. So much so that I built this system into a course… and started selling it.

Yesterday, as a matter of fact.

And do you want to know my results within the first week…?

Drum Roll Please…

$2.7K in the first week of sales.

Want proof?

So now…? Now, I’m hungry.

Goal:praise:
So, what am I after?

$1000/day

How do I get there? The course is selling for $99 (the screenshot was a 50% off flash sale I ran yesterday… you can see the results).

So

if I want to make $1000 a day, I need to make AT LEAST -

10 sales a day

OR

20 sales a day

Whoa, whoa, whoa…

Or?

Why the or? Well You see…

Strategy to $1K/day…? Affiliates :cool:
The Plan is simple:

1. Contact as many relevant Twitter influencers, Facebook Pages, Instagram influencers, You-tubers, and bloggers as I can relevant to my niche and offer them a 50% commission for selling my product.

2. Repeat

So far, this strategy has been working wonders. Eventually I’d like to sell the system to large companies via consultation for substantially bigger bucks, but $1000/day seems like a totally feasible goal right now.

I’m excited to document the journey.

I’m excited for you to come with me.

Now lets make some F*cking money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Congratulations! 2k in a week. Wow. Keep going.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Update:

Happened earlier today but I figured I'd share...

So I did this 50% off flash sale on Twitter last night.

Made $500 in less than 2 hours.

Went over really well, definitely something worth doing again.

But this morning, I get an email right?

Dude says he was 7 shots deep last night, bought the masterclass in a drunken haze, wants a refund.

I say sure, no problem - everyone makes mistakes after all.

But then I'm sitting there like... "damn... I don't like losing the sale..."

So what did I do?

Offered another 50% off to two more people.

Doubled my loss in less than 30 minutes.

Lesson?

Whenever you take an L, always strive for 2 more W's.

Do this regularly enough, and you'll for sure get ahead.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Have you gotten any feedback from students yet? Are they referring friends, posting reviews, etc? That's the first thing I would try to work on, personally. Maximize the value THEY get so that they market your course to others for free. Not that affiliates are a bad idea, but you want to multiply your efforts, use quality as a lever.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Have you gotten any feedback from students yet? Are they referring friends, posting reviews, etc? That's the first thing I would try to work on, personally. Maximize the value THEY get so that they market your course to others for free. Not that affiliates are a bad idea, but you want to multiply your efforts, use quality as a lever.

All of the above my friend.

I was actually walking people through the system my course teaches for free before I ever even made it.

That's how I got my first round of affiliates.

So far, all reviews have been great - I'm even starting to message some people who would be good fits as affiliates and I'm getting "oh yeah, I heard good things about this!" as a response.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Mini Update

I've made three sales since I last posted.

All were from affiliates, but still... An extra $150 is still awesome. :smile2:

Also, if anyone has any experience with CB - that's something I'd like more information about! Would love some thoughts :thumbsup:

Edit: Results right before 12AM EST

IMG_3228_3_20.jpg

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I was actually walking people through the system my course teaches for free before I ever even made it.

That's how I got my first round of affiliates.

Yesssss.... this. Developing this way from the start pays off. The product will be better for it, and I imagine the affiliates will be more genuine.

Don't neglect the negative feedback when it comes either... it's some of the most useful (well, sometimes) :)

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
With a quick search on Google I found this forum,
where the mods closed the exact same thread for being nothing more than a sales pitch.
I am curious, what is your response to that?
Your first post reads like copy, but maybe you are planning to share more about your journey which people may find interesting, and educational.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Yesssss.... this. Developing this way from the start pays off. The product will be better for it, and I imagine the affiliates will be more genuine.

Don't neglect the negative feedback when it comes either... it's some of the most useful (well, sometimes) :)

Of course! The negative feedback helps me improve after all.

With a quick search on Google I found this forum,
where the mods closed the exact same thread for being nothing more than a sales pitch.
I am curious, what is your response to that?
Your first post reads like copy, but maybe you are planning to share more about your journey which people may find interesting, and educational.

I knew this would come up.

Yes, I originally posted this Journey thread on BHW.

It wasn’t my intention for the thread to be considered a sales pitch - I genuinely just wanted a place to track my progress and, as you said, share with others who might find it educational.

I tried to plead with the MOD that closed the original thread, asking if there was anyway I could either go back and edit out whatever was causing issues or AT THE VERY LEAST create a new Journey thread and be more careful with the language.

He refused both times.

So I left, and moved the thread here.

And with that being said: If there are ANY mods that, for whatever reason, have an issue with this thread - I’m more than willing to comply with whatever it takes to make sure it can remain active.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Update

Woke up to a few more sales today.

Feels good man. :cool:

A few of them were through bundle deals with a few other people’s products and then some other affiliates.

Guys, if you’re looking to do affiliate marketing with your product or service as well... provide the value up front. You’ll receive a better response rate and come out the gate with a certain degree of authority and respect - which truly could mean all the difference.

A617B8F9-990E-46C0-B27D-49AA7EC32EC5.jpeg

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Mini Update

Check it out guys, only one sale away from reaching $1K in sales over the course of one day...

Good thing this is a journey thread to be making $1K PROFIT a day.

Also, I gotta be doing it consistently... or what's the point right?

Just thought it was cool - will let you guys know if I make the sale...
IMG_3237.jpg

Cruze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 6, 2016
Is this your own product and did you write it yourself? Or affiliate? But nice stats!

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Is the course hosted on your own site or are you using a marketplace?

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Is this your own product and did you write it yourself? Or affiliate? But nice stats!

Thanks! And it's my own course - I created it myself.

Is the course hosted on your own site or are you using a marketplace?

The course is hosted through Gumroad.com

I will be getting on Clickbank in the near future as well.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I’m guessing the course is based on your own method that you decided to share and sell.

Another example of leveraging your high ground!

Good work!

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
So I've never heard of Gumroad before. What exactly can it do? I looked on their website and they have limited detail about it's potential.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
I’m guessing the course is based on your own method that you decided to share and sell.

Another example of leveraging your high ground!

Good work!

Yup, and thank you!

So I've never heard of Gumroad before. What exactly can it do? I looked on their website and they have limited detail about it's potential.

It's just for hosting products and services. I like it so far, pretty intuitive stuff.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Update

Slowest day since launch today. Low views on my page and no sales so far.

Gotta keep up the momentum. Next steps -

1. Double down on twitter. I'm helping my girlfriend move this weekend but Twitter is where the majority of my sales are coming from, either through me directly or affiliates, so gotta make sure that I just go hard as I can each day so I can continue to get that $$$.

2. Get my product on Clickbank. I have the leverage of already having made 3

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Update

Slowest day since launch today. Low views on my page and no sales so far.

Gotta keep up the momentum. Next steps -

1. Double down on twitter. I'm helping my girlfriend move this weekend but Twitter is where the majority of my sales are coming from, either through me directly or affiliates, so gotta make sure that I just go hard as I can each day so I can continue to get that $$$.

2. Get my product on Clickbank. I have the leverage of already having made 3

3. FB ads. These will be a huge money maker if I can hit the sweet spot with them... thinking about hiring someone to do them for me (even though there's value in learning them myself... results won't be as immediate).

4. Keep reaching out to potential affiliates. This has served me well thus far, so have to make sure I continue.

If you guys have any advice or suggestion, I'd love to hear them. Want to optimize as much as possible so I can have a strong second week. :fistbump:

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Update

I have made no sales in the past 2 days.

But that's OKAY. I'm not worried.

It's Labor Day weekend here in the states, so I'm not surprised that things have been slow. But this coming week, I plan on killing it all over again.

Good news - I reached out to two Youtube channels that got back to me and are both very interested in being affiliates for my product.

The first one has about 52K subscribers and gets, on average, about 3K views per video. Their entire channel is based on productivity, so their audience is a perfect fit.

The second one has over 200K subs and averages something like 50K views per video. He's more of a "I can show you how to make money online" type of guy - but still, his audience would most likely to very well for me.

In the meantime I'll still be churning out the follow ups, initial outreach, and get my product on Clickbank.

I also have some already confirmed affiliates that have bigger following (mostly across twitter) and dedicated audiences that have yet to start pushing yet - but once they do, volume will explode.

Lesson - Don't let the slow or 0 days discourage you, they have to happen. You can't kill it everyday, but if you stay persistent you'll continue to see results.

pwright

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 24, 2018
San Diego, CA
Update

I have made no sales in the past 2 days.

But that's OKAY. I'm not worried.

It's Labor Day weekend here in the states, so I'm not surprised that things have been slow. But this coming week, I plan on killing it all over again.

Good news - I reached out to two Youtube channels that got back to me and are both very interested in being affiliates for my product.

The first one has about 52K subscribers and gets, on average, about 3K views per video. Their entire channel is based on productivity, so their audience is a perfect fit.

The second one has over 200K subs and averages something like 50K views per video. He's more of a "I can show you how to make money online" type of guy - but still, his audience would most likely to very well for me.

In the meantime I'll still be churning out the follow ups, initial outreach, and get my product on Clickbank.

I also have some already confirmed affiliates that have bigger following (mostly across twitter) and dedicated audiences that have yet to start pushing yet - but once they do, volume will explode.

Lesson - Don't let the slow or 0 days discourage you, they have to happen. You can't kill it everyday, but if you stay persistent you'll continue to see results.

Karume

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 14, 2018
What’s up guys.

Are you ready to make some f*cking money?

Because I certainly am

So there I am, faced with a choice. I’m with clients at the time, 30 hours a week. They offer me full time at 40 - 50 hours a week.

Huge pay raise, double what I was making. More money than I’d ever seen in my life.

But you know what?

I turned them down

I couldn’t justify giving all of my time away to someone else. I have too much ambition, too much drive, too much sickening, almost delusional levels of self belief.

1. Not bringing in enough money - because my clients were my main source of income

3. Have no plan B

You see, I’m a bit of a productivity nerd. And I love Science Fiction. I get kind of excited when I start to think about the tools we have access to on a daily basis.

They’re portals.

Portals that allow you access to all the worlds information with just a few keystrokes. Portals that provide you with endless hours of endless possibility - to learn… explore… to connect…

And to Create

Never before have we had such powerful creation tools. These machines aren’t just for consumption, they’re for production. And when you utilize these devices in a certain way, putting together a certain combination of tools and strategies… well…

Suddenly you have a fully synced, systematically superior machine with multi-million dollar potential.

Call it a passion project I suppose - meant to facilitate and optimize as much as possible my productive and creative output. To delegate the thinking to my devices - so that I could do more of one thing…

And I succeeded. Ohhhh, did I ever. So much so that I built this system into a course… and started selling it.

Drum Roll Please…

Want proof?

Goal:praise:
So, what am I after?

$1000/day

How do I get there? The course is selling for $99 (the screenshot was a 50% off flash sale I ran yesterday… you can see the results).

So

10 sales a day

OR

20 sales a day

Whoa, whoa, whoa…

Or?

The Plan is simple:

1. Contact as many relevant Twitter influencers, Facebook Pages, Instagram influencers, You-tubers, and bloggers as I can relevant to my niche and offer them a 50% commission for selling my product.

2. Repeat

So far, this strategy has been working wonders. Eventually I’d like to sell the system to large companies via consultation for substantially bigger bucks, but $1000/day seems like a totally feasible goal right now.

Now lets make some f*cking money.
Very inspiring and informative.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
@JCS nice work, thanks for sharing your journey!

You write really well too, I think if you get it up on CB you're gonna do well too, provide a starter pack for beginning affiliates and this sounds like the beginnings of a funnel leaving to nice long-term passive income.

Make sure you're collecting email addresses of folks who didn't buy too, seems like your conversion rate for prospects should be pretty decent and warm prospects should convert really well.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Can you tell me anymore about your strategy in how you utilize Twitter?

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
I'm interested in your pitch to influencers. I have done this with little success in the past, and plan to do it again soon for a physical product. What size influencers are you reaching out to, and do you mind sharing what you say to them? It seems to be working.

Matthew Staton

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Sep 9, 2018
What’s up guys.

Are you ready to make some f*cking money?

Because I certainly am

But you know what?

I turned them down

3. Have no plan B

They’re portals.

And to Create

Drum Roll Please…

Want proof?

Goal… :praise:
So, what am I after?

$1000/day

So

10 sales a day

OR

20 sales a day

Whoa, whoa, whoa…

Or?

The Plan is simple:

2. Repeat

Now lets make some f*cking money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads