The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

J0elsuf's Daily Income And Accountability Journal

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 0: Relapsed and commented on a YouTube video. Didn't completely suck up my time but still wasn't something I should have done.

Income from Uber Eats = 56.53
Income from writing assignments: 20

Metrics I hit:

-Wake up before 9 in the morning: I got up at quarter to 9, and did some meditation before going for my morning walk. A little more than usual.

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: I worked on my blog a bit.

-Physical activity before bed: Weight room at my complex was crowded so I just did 150 push ups and squats.

Metrics I missed:

Finish at least 2 writing assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Only did 1 and a half or so writing assignments, I was too busy writing in my blog to do 2.

Uber Eats was really slow today. But its nice to get bonuses. If it weren't for the bonuses the income would be way lower.

One of my customers also is going to start assigning stuff to me soon which is nice.

Tomorrow I'll finish my current stack of assignments. Only one more to go. Hopefully Uber Eats won't be as slow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 1: Man, today was awesome.

Income from Uber Eats = 94.88
Income from assignments = 18

Metrics I hit:

-Wake up before 9 in the morning: Up at a little after 8 actually. My right ear was plugged so I had to hit it with some ear drops to clean it out. I struggled with this a couple weeks ago too and it seemed to go away after I did the same. Think I just need to do this every day or something to get all that dirty wax out of there or something. Or maybe I need to go to a clinic and get my ears irrigated. Haven't done that in about 15 years, maybe it's time? Maybe I need to do that more often as I get older? Who the hell knows.

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Unlike yesterday, Uber Eats would not stop until I made it stop. In just about 5 hours I made a little under 100. Very nice.

-Physical activity before bed: Couldn't run my 5k because it was raining but I was able to go to the weight room of my apartment since it wasn't crowded like last night. So I did that.

-Finish at least 2 writing assignments or apply to at least 5 writing gigs: Just got done with all the assignments in my queue. I'll take a little bit of time tonight to edit them a bit then post them. My higher paying customer should have some assignments ready for me later on this week.

So I'm going to do something interesting tomorrow. I usually spend the entire day either editing my stuff or filling out my journal, then I just relax the rest of the day and do nothing.

Not gonna be like that tomorrow. What I'm gonna do tomorrow is do a really long stream (gonna try and beat my favorite video game in one sitting) and price everything I sell at $9 during it. Which means for the duration of the stream, $9 will buy all the books I have written, my over 100 page memoir that I wrote for fun because I saw one of my fb friends do the same included.

Feel free to watch it if you want. Be forewarned, my equipment is nothing but potatoes lol. Potato camera, potato mic, (mostly) potato commentary.

But here's a link to my channel anyways. My videos make good background noise.

(I can remove it if mods don't like members who share their youtube channels on here, I get that.)

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 2

Income from Uber Eats = 91.46
Income from assignments = 3 (just got assigned a bunch of articles before bowling league started so this was from starting one of them lol)

Metrics I hit:

-Productive stuff in between Uber Eats requests: They were back to back today, it was pretty busy. Took good advantage of the bonuses.

-Physical activity before bed: This was bowling league.

Metrics I missed:

-Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 writing gigs: Couldn't do this because of bowling league which is to be expected.

-Wake up before 9 in the morning: Because of my streaming session last night, I couldn't do this. Stayed up very late streaming to try to finish what I was playing. Stopped because it got way too late. Ehh it's whatever.

Got assigned a bunch more articles today. They are from my super cheap customer but it's cool. I'll apply to some gigs anyways. There are a few on Upwork that seem promising.

Think I'm getting closer and closer to swapping out Uber Eats for doing writing assignments full time. Literally all that needs to happen is to get another gig that does bulk orders. Would be nice if that next one paid more however.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 0: Relapsed by commenting on a couple wrestling related videos on YouTube. Sucked up a lot of time too, not good.

Income from Uber Eats: 102.14
Income from writing assignments: 10

Metrics I hit:

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: I applied to a writing gig that I thought I would be a really good fit for while waiting.

Metrics I missed:

-Wake up before 9 in the morning: I got up a little after 9.

-Do at least 2 writing assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: I did 1 writing assignment and applied to 1 gig. But this was because I did Uber Eats for a little longer than usual.

-Exercise before bed: Didn't do this because I got so lost in YouTube. I was de-stressing from Uber Eats stuff, that's why I did it.

So tomorrow is going to go one of two ways. Either way I'm going to run my 5k as soon as I get up. After that I'm either going to travel to a bowling tournament with one of my buddies but if I can't do that, I'll do Uber Eats for most of the day then do assignments.

If I do travel, I'll do assignments whenever I get the chance. My buddy is driving so I'll be able to do this.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Change your Channel Trailer. It looks creepy.
LMAO oh yeah I plan to, because yeah it SUCKS. Shot it 5 years ago. It had even more potato-fied equipment than the equipment I currently use! lol.

Yeah my channel is more than just jRPG video games like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. I do wrestling related content stuff too, among other stuff. Gonna also do bowling content as well, especially coaching content as soon as I get decent bowling coaching certification. Nearly every bowling buddy of mine tells me that I'm a really good bowling coach.

I really want to put more time into the channel but I also want to put more time into my website and blog too. Add Uber Eats, bowling stuff, and doing writing assignments on top of that and all of a sudden I have no time for anything haha.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 1

Income from Uber Eats = 134.09
Income from writing assignments = 12

Metrics I hit:

Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Decided to go for a little length on Uber Eats, since the bonuses are really good right now. Also, both my apartment itself as well as the complex is getting more and more noisy and more and more distracting so I figure if I stay out doing Uber Eats longer, I'll have a little more money so that I can go to a food joint or something to do my assignments there.

Metrics I missed:

Physical activity before bed: I'm still really sore from bowling all weekend so I took today off. Will still run a 5k tomorrow however.

Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Finished 1 assignment and applied to 1 gig. I did do 3 assignments while on my bowling trip during the weekend however.

Wake up before 9 in the morning: Again, I was still hurting from bowling on the weekend. So I decided to sleep in a bit today.

These Uber Eats bonuses are fantastic and I intend to take full advantage of them. Got plenty of writing assignments as well.

I'm also going to be getting out of this apartment very soon as well. One of my bowling buddies pretty much wants me to stay with him and I'll gladly do it: The neighborhood is better and he isn't loud at all and is a really good dude.

Rent will be cheaper too. All I gotta do to do this is pay next month's rent in advance and put my room up for sublease. Then I guess I'll put up an ad for it but I don't think I'll need to do so.

I've decided that until then, I'm not doing anything work-related in the house. Way too much noise, disturbances, and distractions. You know it's bad when your complex's own security is blaring music all around the complex.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 2

Income from Uber Eats = 19.22
Income from writing assignments = 25

Metrics I hit:

Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Didn't really do too much Uber Eats because I had a date at noon (which sucked, no chemistry at all lol). But I did get 4 quick deliveries back to back after the date. Before that, I worked on an assignment.

Wake up before 9 in the morning: Quarter to 9 is when I got up. Went for my walk then worked on an assignment.

Physical activity before bed: 5k. And a decent time, as well, a little over 28 minutes.

Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: I did 2 assignments and applied to 1 gig.

Today was decent. If I didn't have the date I would have made way more money but its all good.

Tomorrow is "freestyle" day. I'll be spending the majority of the day reviewing all the stuff I did last month. Might work on some assignments in between while I relax.

I'll be honest, this year has got off to a decent start. Uber Eats is nice, and I'm getting steady assignments to work on. Can't wait to reach that next step and ditch Uber Eats. Got a feeling that day is coming soon.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 0: Relapsed by commenting on a few gameplay videos. Even though this was during my downtime, I still shouldn't have done it.

Income from Uber Eats = 74.14
Income from Assignments = 5

Metrics I hit:

Do physical activity before bed: This was bowling league, and practice before league as well.

Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: The requests were one after the other like usual. Good stuff.

Metrics I missed:

Wake up before 9 in the morning: I got up a little before 10.

Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: I couldn't do either of these. First, I had to check out my bowling buddy's place that I'll be moving to, then had to pick up a guy on my team to take him to the bowling alley. We then got some practice in.

I'll be good to move right into my bowling buddy's place as soon as someone can take over my lease. It's a much better place: Location is better, neighborhood is better, less noise, and cheaper too (500 vs the 650-750 that I'm paying now).

If all goes according to plan, I'll be in there in 10 days or so.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
This is a really interesting thread.

A couple of things here.

1.) Daily you write about more things you missed than you achieved ... why is that? Are your goals set to high for you at your current state? (remember what you do consistently is most important)

2.) You write about things you've missed and a resolve to do better then next day, but you've not yet written HOW tomorrow is going to be different. So you are approaching the problems in the same state that you got into them.

Let me repeat in a better way "You don't solve problems in the same state you created them"

Unless you are committed to not watching youtube tomorrow, then why set your expectations on something you have a high probability of not succeeding on? (The fix here is when you finally decide to commit to that... you will do what is actually needed to stop watching youtube... you don't need any fancy methods. This will also be clear to you when you are finally mentally committed to it :) )

3.) I think you've talked about it already, but if you had all the time back from UberEats, couldn't you split half that time learning better writing and practicing, and the remaining time expanding and selling more writing which seems more scalable than your alternative?

4.) Are games a problem for you? Particularly FF? (let's address real underlying foundational things here if so)

5.) where do you want to be in 5 years... or even 1 year? What does life look like if you could plan, prioritize, and execute everything perfectly?

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Alright, a lot of stuff to answer but I'll do it. These are good questions and observations.
Daily you write about more things you missed than you achieved ... why is that?
It's a way of getting me to dislike it so much that I prevent doing it. It's a slow process for me since I've lost all faith in any kind of resources that could possibly streamline this. Sooooo I'll have to just keep goofing until I get so sick of goofing that I stop that particular mode of goofing.
Are your goals set to high for you at your current state? (remember what you do consistently is most important)
No. In fact, they aren't high enough. Again, there's gonna come a time where I will get very sick of selling myself short. Just takes me longer than most to get it.
You write about things you've missed and a resolve to do better then next day, but you've not yet written HOW tomorrow is going to be different. So you are approaching the problems in the same state that you got into them.
I'll admit, it's difficult for me to do that without being a perfectionist about it or attacking myself for not being perfect. Something I struggle with is attacking myself for not doing better...which makes me do worse. I feel like this is why I approach problems in the same state that caused them. Guess I'm so afraid of my own shadow that I don't want to enter an even worse state (which I'm actually capable of doing: Kiwifarms and 4chan (especially /pol/ haha) are just sitting there waiting for me to dick around on them for 5 hours a day lol
Unless you are committed to not watching youtube tomorrow, then why set your expectations on something you have a high probability of not succeeding on?
I don't really have an issue with watching youtube...it's getting into comment wars on youtube that I struggle with.
I think you've talked about it already, but if you had all the time back from UberEats, couldn't you split half that time learning better writing and practicing, and the remaining time expanding and selling more writing which seems more scalable than your alternative?
Wish I could do that, but Uber Eats is my solid income stream...at the moment. But yeah as soon as I can make just as much doing Uber Eats from assignments, I'll start doing that. That day is coming VERY soon too! :D
Are games a problem for you? Particularly FF? (let's address real underlying foundational things here if so)
Not anymore. I can go days without playing video games. When I do play video games I play maybe an hour a day. And now I've committed myself to stream myself playing them on my youtube channel this way I'm at least making some content while enjoying my hobby.

Be real honest, it's pr0n and online dating that are a problem for me. Longest I've gone without those is like 72 hours then I'll self-destruct. That doesn't happen too much with video games. High sex drive problems lol
where do you want to be in 5 years... or even 1 year? What does life look like if you could plan, prioritize, and execute everything perfectly?
I want to have all my debt paid off in 5 years and either living out in the country away from all the insanity here in the US or living Southeast Asia somewhere.

By 2022? I want to be making some progress on my student loans.

As well as what life would look like if I could plan, prioritize, and execute everything right? I could write like a 20000 word book on that lol.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 1

Income from Uber Eats = 95.14
Income from assignments = 100

Metrics I hit:

Productive stuff in between Uber Eats: Requests didn't stop unless I made em stop. Got all the available bonuses too!

Finish at least 2 writing assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Sooo...yeah. Last night I started another contract with a customer...who is paying me $100 per hour (actually only 80, since Upwork needs to make their money). Let's GO!! I also did some writing for my cheapo customer. I'm only allowed to work 6 hours this week for the new guy since I didn't want to rock the boat too much.

Work out before bed: Lifted at the weight room in my apartment.

Metrics I missed:

Get up before 9 in the morning: Quarter to 10 today. Guess it didn't really affect me too much but I'm still not impressed with my oversleeping. I'm gonna move this to before 10. I'm just not a morning person I guess.

Doing my writing assignments outside of the apartment really helped. I got a lot done in about 3 hours or so. Right around 2000 words. Not bad.

This new gig is amazing. Can't believe this customer is trusting me enough to pay me $100 per hour.

This does NOT mean I'm gonna stop Uber Eats however. What I want to do right now is do all I can to make sure tons of money come in my bank account so I can pay all these dumb cards off lol.

Gonna try and hit $200 tomorrow in between everything. I know it can be done. Just need to repeat what I did in Uber Eats, put in this hour for this new customer, then do just a little more in writing assignments.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 2

Income from Uber Eats = 62.60

Metrics I hit:

Wake up before 10 in the morning: I got up around 9:30. My goal is to scale this to where I can reliably get up earlier. It seems like I can get up before 10 reliably so I should be able to work from that.

Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Did the 2 assignments. Doing work for this new customer is really exciting. I edited what I did last night and did some new stuff today.

Metrics I somewhat hit:

Do physical activity before bed: Attempted to run a 5k, but it started raining like crazy. So I had to cut it short. Bummer.

Metrics I missed:

Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: So today was pretty slow. I could have worked on assignments in between requests, but instead I wasted a bit of time driving around looking for a park that I could run at that is closer to the place I'll be moving to. I could have done this at a later time, during my downtime for sure.

Tomorrow's Super Bowl Sunday, and something I want to do to celebrate is do some streaming. I figure tomorrow would be a good time to do this.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Day 2

Income from Uber Eats = 62.60

Metrics I hit:

Wake up before 10 in the morning: I got up around 9:30. My goal is to scale this to where I can reliably get up earlier. It seems like I can get up before 10 reliably so I should be able to work from that.

Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Did the 2 assignments. Doing work for this new customer is really exciting. I edited what I did last night and did some new stuff today.

Metrics I somewhat hit:

Do physical activity before bed: Attempted to run a 5k, but it started raining like crazy. So I had to cut it short. Bummer.

Metrics I missed:

Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: So today was pretty slow. I could have worked on assignments in between requests, but instead I wasted a bit of time driving around looking for a park that I could run at that is closer to the place I'll be moving to. I could have done this at a later time, during my downtime for sure.

Tomorrow's Super Bowl Sunday, and something I want to do to celebrate is do some streaming. I figure tomorrow would be a good time to do this.

It's been great reading through your progress dude!

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 3

Income from Uber Eats = 94.14
Income from writing assignments = 50

Metrics I hit:

-Wake up before 10 in the morning: I got up about 9:30 this morning. I think after a few weeks or so I'm gonna bump this up to before 9:30.

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Like yesterday, the requests didn't stop unless I made them stop. Made a lot today, and didn't even get any bonuses either. All the bonuses ended today but it didn't really matter.

Metrics I somewhat hit:

-Do physical activity before bed: I just did a bunch of push ups and squats. 100 each.

Metrics I missed:

-Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Only did one assignment, or a half hour for my latest customer. Which is fine, as I wanted to do streaming anyway.

The stream tonight went alright as far as viewership goes. But it kept malfunctioning since I'm not close to my modem when I stream in my room.

Tomorrow will be dedicated to getting a lot more done on my assignments. I'll start working on them right after I'm done with Uber Eats.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
It's been great reading through your progress dude!
I appreciate it. Doing this has definitely kept me on track when it comes to the stuff I do for work. I haven't taken an "unscheduled" day off ever since I started it and that's because I know I got people watching this thread who are gonna call me out lol.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 4

Income from Uber Eats = 74.50
Income from writing assignments = 135

Made $200 today! Did a little more work for my new $100/hour customer. I'll do some finishing touches tomorrow.

Metrics I hit:

-Wake up before 10 in the morning: I got up at quarter to 10. Would have been better if I woke up earlier but I'm starting slow.

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Like yesterday, the requests only stopped when I made them stop. These weren't really big deliveries however, but that's alright.

-Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: I just barely did 2 assignments. An hour and some change for my new customer and wrote about 1000 words for my current one.

-Physical activity before bed: Hit the weights before doing my assignments.

Something I did was join a membership hosted by John Somnez of Bulldog Mindset. Something I did before hitting the weights and after doing Uber Eats was start taking notes on his business seminars he has in his membership.

It included really good info about how to niche when it comes to content. Something I need to do is make different YouTube channels with different niches. My current channel has content that is way too diverse.

So this is going to be a task for me to do whenever I get some downtime: Make a couple new YouTube channels and make different content for them. Definitely need to do this at some point.

In fact, I will start doing this in as early as a month. Very first thing I need to do is pay off some stuff, get out of this apartment that I'm in, complete the transition from doing Uber Eats and freelance writing assignments to just doing freelance writing assignments then I'll be able to work on my content like crazy.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 5

Income from Uber Eats: 6.77 (started raining like crazy and I'm not about to do Uber Eats in heavy pouring rain)
Income from assignments: 35 (potentially 185, depending on if my work for my latest customer helps him or not; I don't charge for work that doesn't help anyone, not my style)

Metrics I hit:

-Physical activity before bed: 5k. Got a decent time given how awful it was outside, a little under 29 minutes. This was WITH me going to fast food joints all week to work because of how noisy my apartment has become too. Damn.

-Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Depending on whether my work actually helped my new customer or not, I did as many as 4 assignments. 2 were done for my cheapo customer.

Metrics I missed:

-Wake up before 10: I woke up a little after 10. Overcast/rainy weather in the morning just makes me so freakin tired. I could have slept in until 1 in the afternoon if I didn't force myself up.

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Didn't do Uber Eats and I wasted a little bit of time watching wrestling documentaries just because I was nervous about this new customer.

So here's what happened last night. My new customer hits me up. I tell him that I'm nearly done with the work and I described it to him. What I described isn't what he wanted. So I was pretty much back at square one today.

And because the work I charged him for wasn't gonna help him any, I certainly wasn't gonna charge him for redoing stuff.

Am I approaching this the right way? Or am I being way too principled and selling myself short?

I'm just not the type to just charge no matter how good or bad my work is, not my style. If my work sucks, I don't want to get paid for it.

I mean if this client DOES like what I did I will charge him. But if he's like "this sucks, change it," I'm only gonna charge for work that he accepts and likes.

Kinda weird I've been doing freelance writing for close to 5 years now and I still feel like I'm a complete noob. It's the kind of thing where I never feel like I know enough. Kind of annoying to deal with tbh.

ATipster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 20, 2017
Gothenburg
Income from assignments: 35 (potentially 185, depending on if my work for my latest customer helps him or not; I don't charge for work that doesn't help anyone, not my style)

I'm just not the type to just charge no matter how good or bad my work is, not my style. If my work sucks, I don't want to get paid for it.

I mean if this client DOES like what I did I will charge him. But if he's like "this sucks, change it," I'm only gonna charge for work that he accepts and likes.

Kinda weird I've been doing freelance writing for close to 5 years now and I still feel like I'm a complete noob. It's the kind of thing where I never feel like I know enough. Kind of annoying to deal with tbh.

Very interesting (and applaudable :)). May I ask how do you evaluate whether the client likes your work or not? Do you ask specific questions or do you try to get a feel for it from their response? And, do/would you still let your clients use your writing even if they don't like it, on the basis of "it sucks, but I need some content so I'll use it anyway"?

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
And, do/would you still let your clients use your writing even if they don't like it, on the basis of "it sucks, but I need some content so I'll use it anyway"?
Yes. But they DO need to still pay me for it.
I ask how do you evaluate whether the client likes your work or not? Do you ask specific questions or do you try to get a feel for it from their response?
I just wait for their response. I literally ask them if they like it or not.

I'm extremely direct in my communication no matter who it is with.

This, in turn, allows them to be direct with me without any penalty.

Like last night, I told the customer "if there is anything you want me to change, let me know."

Turns out he liked the outline I gave him but not the script.

Simple, easy direct questions and answers.

Being passive-aggressive is for the cowardly and I'm not a coward.

ATipster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 20, 2017
Gothenburg
Sounds good!

I agree, a direct communication is refreshing, and beneficial for both sides. When you're straight from the beginning it sets the stage for all communication that follows, and everyone involved knows exactly what to expect.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 1: Decided to take a couple days off. Well, more like "half" days where I didn't do as much stuff as I usually do. And yeah, I did comment on a couple YouTube videos during those half-days. Ugh. However, it was when I was on downtime so I guess it wasn't too bad.

I'm also dicking around on here more than I should. I need to limit myself to this thread and this thread only.

But anyways...

Income from Uber Eats = 69.55
Income from assignments = 40

Metrics I hit:

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats deliveries: Was slow to start but when it got going, I was good until I turned it off. Just a handful of very high-paying deliveries today, just how I like it. One of em paid $20. Had to drive for like 40 minutes to do it though. In between, I worked on assignments for a bit.

-Physical activity before bed: Weights at the weight room, nothing different. I kinda do want to go back to the gym, but still afraid of getting COVID19 again. We'll see.

-Finish at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Applied to 1 gig, finished 3 assignments (3000 words total, with one assignment being 3000 words). Yeah I hit it hard today.

Metrics I missed:

-Wake up before 10 in the morning: I got up a little bit after. Been doing this the last three or so days too, think I just needed the rest from oversleeping a bit. No excuses starting tomorrow however.

Was supposed to go on a date today but that didn't fall through. Not too mad about it since I was able to hit up these assignments instead.

Haven't heard back from the new, high paying customer yet. He did like my outline but not my script. We'll see if he wants me to do more.

I'm getting closer and closer to ditching Uber Eats. Think I might accelerate ditching it. Was gonna stop Uber Eats by July, but now I'm thinking April. If I get to do continuous work for this new customer, I probably will stop Uber Eats early. But right now I want to take advantage of every opportunity I got.

I created a decent rhythm for myself: Uber Eats until 3 in the afternoon, eat, check emails, relax until a bit after 4, start working on assignments (or take notes on business courses, Bulldog Mindset has a pretty nice business course that I'm currently taking notes on) until 6 or so, work out at 6, take my shower and eat for the 2nd time at about 8, do assignments/apply for gigs until 10 or so. Then eat my final meal and chill the rest of the night; watch some stuff, do some online dating stuff, whatev.

Only thing different is if I run my 5k. I do that a little after 4, since it is still bright and the place I run at is an unlit track around a pond. But when we get daylight savings time I'll be able to do that at 6 again.

Gonna get on stream to "celebrate" Valentine's Day tomorrow. Think I might start doing this every Sunday since it's fun and I have been getting decent views (for my relatively unkown channel, anyways).

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 2

Income from Uber Eats = 121.12

Metrics I hit:

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: The requests just would not stop. They stopped when I made them stop. I had a really good day doing Uber Eats today, that's for sure.

-Wake up before 10 in the morning: I got up super early, a little after 8. This was because I needed to run some errands before doing Uber Eats.

-Exercise before bed: Ran a 5k. Did a little slower than usual because I cheated a bit on my diet. Still went under a half hour.

Metrics I missed:

-Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: I took today to work on my own content. I wrote a sales page for a book that I came out with some time ago, and went on stream to try to promote it. The book is about how I used to be an Incel (oh yeah, I used to be one of THOSE lol) and how I broke out of being one. It's called "Incel to Immortal."

Would be fantastic if Uber Eats is just as good tomorrow as it was today. I'll go hard on assignments right after doing Uber Eats.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
How many hours do you work for UberEats and is the time the money worth it?

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
How many hours do you work for UberEats and is the time the money worth it?
4 to 5 hours a day, from 10 or so until 3 or so.

Seeing as I get paid on average about $80 per day, it's worth it. Feels nice to just be able to "work" 4-5 hours a day (Uber Eats doesn't feel like "work" at all, I could do it all day if I really wanted or had to) and do other stuff right after.

Now if I had a lot more writing assignments to do that paid a lot more, I would ditch it altogether. But I don't have a lot to my name and I have A LOT of stuff to pay off. Don't have the luxury of ditching Uber Eats...yet.

But by the Summer I should be able to.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 3

Income from Uber Eats = 64.93
Income from assignments = 32

Metrics I hit:

-Wake up before 10: I got up at about quarter to 10. The weather has been god awful here and it nearly made me sleep in. Overcast weather sucks.

-Finish at least 2 writing assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Did 2 assignments. Both golf-related too, which was fun because I'm learning about golf. Gonna swap bowling for golf as my fun and profitable sport hobby in a decade or so when I approach my 50s.

-Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Listened and took notes on more Bulldog Mindset stuff. He mentioned MJ and the Fastlane in one of his presentations, good stuff. I'm actually learning a lot from the course. Might continue the membership even though it is a bit pricey (for my circumstances, anyway).

Metrics I somewhat hit:

-Physical activity before bed: Complex weight room was crowded, so I did push ups and squats using the following video as a guide. Did about 33 in a row in one set, which put me at the "above average" category, good stuff. But it wasn't like hitting the weights or running a 5k. Ehh its whatevs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRvI2uOgCd0

Word on the street is that its gonna rain all day for the next 3 days where I'm at. If that's true, I might not do Uber Eats and instead finish these assignments and look for more gigs. Would really like to continue this rhythm I'm following, though. It's earning me about $75 to $150 per day which is good.

Haven't heard from the new customer. I'll reach out to him tomorrow.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
How much taxes do you pay for those 80$? Maybe you can find a part-time job which pays you more and or is related to your current writing business.

It just an idea and shouldn't give you the feeling of doing something wrong. Since you are the only one who knows what is important for yourself.

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
How much taxes do you pay for those 80$?
Next to nothing. For 2019, I paid about $400. But that was with me making about $50 per day. So it'll probably be way higher in 2020, we will see. I'm expecting to pay about $1000 for 2020 considering the stimulus hookups everyone's been getting and me earning a bit more.

Also I live in Florida which has no state taxes, so that helps :D

Maybe you can find a part-time job which pays you more
I'll be honest, I'll take the hit on pay if I can make my own schedule. I did take such a job last year (as a golf cart jockey at my buddy's golf course lol) because I was worried that the stay-at-home lite orders during April and May was gonna take Uber Eats away, but just two shifts a week drained me to where I didn't want to do ANYTHING after work.

The freedom I have of making my own schedule with Uber Eats gives me A LOT more energy to do writing related stuff. It's just how I'm wired. Not using this as an excuse or anything but I know myself too well. I have been more productive over the last two years following my own schedule than in two DECADES of working for the man.

When I was a shift manager at Circle K in my early 30s, the only thing I had energy to do after work was go to the gym or bowl. And I did A LOT of escapism. Porn, 4chan, Social Media, I would just jump on all of those after clocking out. ESPECIALLY 4chan and Manosphere/PUA/Incel communities (they're one in the same; PUAs = Incels leading Incels lol).

There are times where I would spend whole weekends on those; just go to the gym then bounce in between those places in between social media and online dating.

Making my own hours (even with something like Uber Eats) gets me to say "yo. You only have a set amount of time to do the stuff you need to do. Use it wisely. If you're gonna dick around, do it after you've done all your work for the day."

Consider what I've done over the last two years since I started making my own hours:
-Deleted all my social media (except Insta, once a month or something I'll pop in and see if I can slide into the DMs of the college girls I see on Tinder lol; I keep a list of all the insta handles these chicks have then follow/DM them at the end of every month)
-NO more 4chan, PUA, Incel, or manosphere communities. Not ONCE in the last two years.
-I only watch pr0n for like 10 minutes before bed and that's only if I feel like it (usually every three days or so). Back when I was working for the man, I would easily waste 1-2 hours binging it.
-Gaming? Only during downtime. And even then I'm making content from it. Compare this to when I was working for the man, playing 3-4 hours a day to de-stress.

None of this would be possible if I kept working for the man.

Hope this explains things a bit.

Last edited:

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
Day 4 - NEARLY relapsed but didn't. Started writing out my comment but I deleted it.

Income from Uber Eats = 49.21
Income from writing assignments = 35

Metrics I hit:

Do productive things in between Uber Eats requests: Uber Eats was weird today. I got requests one after the other but they were long drives. Got paid pretty much $7 per delivery.

Do at least 2 assignments or apply to at least 5 gigs: Did 2 assignments and applied to 1 gig, an invite to interview on Upwork. I've been getting these more than usual. Good stuff.

Metrics I missed:

Get up before 10 in the morning: I got up about quarter after. I just did not sleep well. Woke up really early, like 6 in the morning and it took over an hour to get back to sleep. Ugh.

Physical activity before bed: I decided to take a day off since I'm doubling up tomorrow by getting some bowling practice in before running my 5k tomorrow.

I got the go ahead to work a little more for my latest customer. I'll be doing that after Uber Eats tomorrow.

So tomorrow is gonna look like this: Uber Eats until 3, practice bowling for a bit after, do some work for the new customer, 5k, then I gotta make a listing to put my apartment up for sublease since I finally got the paperwork for it.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Next to nothing. For 2019, I paid about $400. But that was with me making about $50 per day. So it'll probably be way higher in 2020, we will see. I'm expecting to pay about $1000 for 2020 considering the stimulus hookups everyone's been getting and me earning a bit more.

Also I live in Florida which has no state taxes, so that helps :D

I'll be honest, I'll take the hit on pay if I can make my own schedule. I did take such a job last year (as a golf cart jockey at my buddy's golf course lol) because I was worried that the stay-at-home lite orders during April and May was gonna take Uber Eats away, but just two shifts a week drained me to where I didn't want to do ANYTHING after work.

The freedom I have of making my own schedule with Uber Eats gives me A LOT more energy to do writing related stuff. It's just how I'm wired. Not using this as an excuse or anything but I know myself too well. I have been more productive over the last two years following my own schedule than in two DECADES of working for the man.

When I was a shift manager at Circle K in my early 30s, the only thing I had energy to do after work was go to the gym or bowl. And I did A LOT of escapism. Porn, 4chan, Social Media, I would just jump on all of those after clocking out. ESPECIALLY 4chan and Manosphere/PUA/Incel communities (they're one in the same; PUAs = Incels leading Incels lol).

There are times where I would spend whole weekends on those; just go to the gym then bounce in between those places in between social media and online dating.

Making my own hours (even with something like Uber Eats) gets me to say "yo. You only have a set amount of time to do the stuff you need to do. Use it wisely. If you're gonna dick around, do it after you've done all your work for the day."

Consider what I've done over the last two years since I started making my own hours:
-Deleted all my social media (except Insta, once a month or something I'll pop in and see if I can slide into the DMs of the college girls I see on Tinder lol; I keep a list of all the insta handles these chicks have then follow/DM them at the end of every month)
-NO more 4chan, PUA, Incel, or manosphere communities. Not ONCE in the last two years.
-I only watch pr0n for like 10 minutes before bed and that's only if I feel like it (usually every three days or so). Back when I was working for the man, I would easily waste 1-2 hours binging it.
-Gaming? Only during downtime. And even then I'm making content from it. Compare this to when I was working for the man, playing 3-4 hours a day to de-stress.

None of this would be possible if I kept working for the man.

Hope this explains things a bit.

Ok, you have some straight points and I appreciate your honesty about your current situation and your idea behind your doings. I will watch your progress and wish you the best!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.