The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Your pretentious comment is a waste of time for this thread.

Bring something to the table other than your trust fund baby bitching.

@AgainstAllOdds or maybe enlighten us with your vast knowledge..how did you make your miraculous leap from underpaid opportunist, to wealthy business tycoon?

I must be missing something.

Lol. Someone's a bit butt hurt. Read my comment again. Then read your response.

I just noticed you're in Texas. If you enjoy making $1,200 a month -- $14,400 a year - then by all means talk shit and go back to your peasant mentality. I was trying to help you with a shift in mindset but it's obvious that you're destined for mediocrity.

Good luck turking; I hope it makes you a billionaire one day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
The only person who is Fastlane at MTurks is the creator. Everyone is just subcontracted employees making less than minimum wage learning nothing and gaining no valuable skillsets.

If you are unable to obtain a slow lane job and you can't start your own business, this is really the only time I could see someone wanting to do MTurk.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
The only person who is Fastlane at MTurks is the creator. Everyone is just subcontracted employees making less than minimum wage learning nothing and gaining no valuable skillsets.

If you are unable to obtain a slow lane job and you can't start your own business, this is really the only time I could see someone wanting to do MTurk.

Was thinking about this,

Anyone here use surveys for customer information? I've done street surveys talking to alot of people (pet industry) But haven't looked into spamming out some surveys online, maybe thats something to look into.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Was thinking about this,

Anyone here use surveys for customer information? I've done street surveys talking to alot of people (pet industry) But haven't looked into spamming out some surveys online, maybe thats something to look into.

I've never used MTurks before, however, I question the quality of the survey responses. It's also important you are capable of creating good survey questions.

When starting a business, I care less about the number of surveys rather than the quality of the survey responses.

I'd rather talk to my customer face-to-face. Find out what their problems are. Pivot. Adjust. Talk with my customer again. If you do this with 100-200 different customers you should get some great information. Doing a shotgun approach leaves you with less money and most likely poor quality surveys.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This thread's a waste of time for an entrepreneurial forum.

@HUSTLIN HEATHEN and the countless others - you need to switch your mindset from being a low-paid freelancer to a high-paid business owner.

Unless you're living in a country where $3,000 a year is the norm, then it's not worth the effort to acquire the knowledge to operate as a mechanical turk.
Although I don't want to judge hustles, but THIS.

I've been to the low-paid freelancer route before, and even for a start, it sucks to have clients you cannot learn from, what more the money.

Clients that pay you low are less likely to talk deeper about what they need or anything about their field in general, because chances are, they don't know either.

This frustrates me greatly.

And when they don't know biz stuff, will they earn more money to pay you?

I used to have one such client. For a content writing gig.

He's just made one glance and said, 'Eh, green light.'

What? No room for improvement? How am I supposed to write up a white paper on that client or explain how I provided value to future clients?

Hours spent: 20-ish
Paid: USD15

Stupid shit that I did.

That is why I am willing to take the time to plan, develop and test services that can net me at most 5- figures, taking a few weeks or months, as opposed to jumping into whatever stuff right away and earning at best, a low 3-4-figures?

HUSTLIN HEATHEN

Contributor
Dec 5, 2018
Harlingen, TX
Lol. Someone's a bit butt hurt. Read my comment again. Then read your response.

I just noticed you're in Texas. If you enjoy making $1,200 a month -- $14,400 a year - then by all means talk sh*t and go back to your peasant mentality. I was trying to help you with a shift in mindset but it's obvious that you're destined for mediocrity.

Good luck turking; I hope it makes you a billionaire one day.

Lmao far from it. I simply don't like irrelevant comments that contribute zero value.

HUSTLIN HEATHEN

Contributor
Dec 5, 2018
Harlingen, TX
Although I don't want to judge hustles, but THIS.

I've been to the low-paid freelancer route before, and even for a start, it sucks to have clients you cannot learn from, what more the money.

Clients that pay you low are less likely to talk deeper about what they need or anything about their field in general, because chances are, they don't know either.

This frustrates me greatly.

And when they don't know biz stuff, will they earn more money to pay you?

I used to have one such client. For a content writing gig.

He's just made one glance and said, 'Eh, green light.'

What? No room for improvement? How am I supposed to write up a white paper on that client or explain how I provided value to future clients?

Hours spent: 20-ish
Paid: USD15

Stupid sh*t that I did.

That is why I am willing to take the time to plan, develop and test services that can net me at most 5- figures, taking a few weeks or months, as opposed to jumping into whatever stuff right away and earning at best, a low 3-4-figures?

On the contrary I've learned a couple of very useful skills. Transcribing is one example. These HITs pay anywhere between $1-$100 on mTurk. But if I were to "Fastlane" this job I could easily make $25-$30/hr as a transcriptionist.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
On the contrary I've learned a couple of very useful skills. Transcribing is one example. These HITs pay anywhere between $1-$100 on mTurk. But if I were to "Fastlane" this job I could easily make $25-$30/hr as a transcriptionist.
Of course you can learn some skills. I did as well. That was during my first months in the game.

One of the things I learned was to respect freelancers as different from the regular 9-5er, with their own unique skillsets, perspectives and negotiation palates.

However, when there is more than you can get, one should get it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
$1000 a month? Don't make me laugh. I can make $1000 a day from any of my drop-shipping stores. As well as from other "wholesale/retail" ventures ;)

We've all gotta start somewhere. I started with zero connections. Donating plasma. Sleeping on an electric blanket for 5 months. Moving from one sh*tty 9-5 to the next.

Now I eat like a f*cking king. Pay all my own bills, drive my own car, and know half my town like family.

I stand by what I said. M-Turk is a great place to start for the aspiring entrepreneur.

f*cked around and paid some bills in the past 2 days:

LOL, What is this bullsh1t. I can make $365,000 a year dropshipping but I choose to make $1000 a month filling out surveys in my free time. See, look at my bills that I just paid with my $400 pay out that took me 1/2 day to make.

I totally get that Mturk would be fine for someone who wants to be in control of their own time, freedom and money, but don't pretend to us that you can make more money elsewhere.

The reason you don't see millionaires working nights part time at a fast food restaurants is because they found other ways to make more money with that time. Nobody who knows how to make $100/hr will work for $10/hr for side money. And if it was for charity they would just do it for free.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
While I admit I’m eagerly awaiting seeing the $1000/month guy’s response to the guy who just bought a McLaren, can we send this back to the landfill where it belongs?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your pretentious comment is a waste of time for this thread.

Bring something to the table other than your trust fund baby bitching.

Dude, you need to cool it. Your attitude is going to get you booted from here. If I didn't know any better, you're peacocking like you made $100K last week.

You can't sit around and claim to be some king because you make a poverty wage and then besmirch guys who are actually 10X ahead of the game.

I've given you respect in this thread because I have no clue WHO is reading this, and WHERE.

I appreciate the hustle thread but don't appreciate the attitude.

can we send this back to the landfill where it belongs?

Yea, I brought it out a week ago, but I see I might have made a mistake.

I’m eagerly awaiting seeing the $1000/month guy’s response to the guy who just bought a McLaren

tenor.gif

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
$1000 a month.

Working at mcdonalds would be much better

Except for the part where you can work your own schedule at home as health permits. There is that. Seriously, Mturk is not terrible if you need cash. I've not done it but no way could I physically do something like McDonald's either right now, so if I were to pick one, it would be mturk.

HUSTLIN HEATHEN

Contributor
Dec 5, 2018
Harlingen, TX
Dude, you need to cool it. Your attitude is going to get you booted from here. If I didn't know any better, you're peacocking like you made $100K last week.

You can't sit around and claim to be some king because you make a poverty wage and then besmirch guys who are actually 10X ahead of the game.

I've given you respect in this thread because I have no clue WHO is reading this, and WHERE.

I appreciate the hustle thread but don't appreciate the attitude.

Yea, I brought it out a week ago, but I see I might have made a mistake.

tenor.gif

Appreciate the feedback. Duly noted.

My intention was to show that if an average guy like me can do this...ANYBODY can. So definitely not claiming to be better than anybody.

But it's hard to offer value when people are constantly shooting down ideas, entirely missing the point of the thread.

And now that I have your attention... your book literally changed my life dude. IMHO one of the best, most practical, unsung cut-and-dry business books of all time. Still reading it to this day. Using it to optimize my daily routine. So thanks for that.

whiz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey

Read TMF again.

If you were to "fastlane" transcription, you wouldn't be touching a damn computer for anything other than giving your VAs/employees instructions.

You could make far more than $25-30/hr, without having to do such a shitty, boring task.

Working hourly is not fastlane

If you feel like you have even a DECENT grasp of what good, proper transcription entails, then pull out a pen and pad and start making a plan to make a reliable transcription business, then find your clients and reap the rewards.

I understand the turking helps you get by, but you eventually have to evolve it.

And it seems like the best way is to take the 1 skill you do the best on MTurk, plan a system and create it

If people are paying $25-30/hr for transcriptionists, they're charging their clients a dickload more

Be the owner not the worker

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
What are you going to do when Amazon, decides, to shut down Mechanical Turk?

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Look OP, if you're not going to take advice, why are you even here?

I hope it's not to give advice. Because you are not some shining example of a bootstrapping success story. Far from it.

And your "HUSTLE HARD" attitude is not only a cliché of 99% of wannabe entrepreneurs, it's some of the most toxic and ridiculous crap I've ever read on this forum.

Get off your high horse already. This is not your average internet forum. The people you are talking to are self-made multimillionaires and you're just sitting here, talking out of your behind about how your part-time 'freelance' gig (if you can even call it that) is such an amazing opportunity... when it is clearly NOT.

People here are merely trying to help you understand that and you literally shit in everyone's face.

Even the *owner* of this forum chimed in to tell you how crappy your attitude is. Is that enough of a reality check for you?

Some people have pointed out, there are instances where taking gigs from Amazon could be beneficial. But the case is, they are few and far between.

I work 45 hours a week, 10 bucks an hour, after tax. Nothing fancy by any stretch, but if you think this sounds like something I would spend my remaining 35 productive hours pursuing, you are out of your mind.

You are on the most underrated entrepreneur forum on the web. You could ask any question, and experienced, successful individuals are at your fingertips to offer you advice. I know for a fact a fair few of the people who've already commented on this thread are multi-millionares, excluding MJ. This is not Reddit.

Yet, sadly, the only thing you seem to want to do is sit here tooting your own horn and flouting everyone's advice while you're making literal poverty wages? You really should be ashamed, please take a hard look at what you've been commenting and start trying to learn, instead of acting like such a know-it-all.

;)

Last edited:

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
What are you going to do when Amazon, decides, to shut down Mechanical Turk?
There are a bunch of other clones. I've used a few of them myself recently. As a buyer, that is.

I've never used MTurks before, however, I question the quality of the survey responses. It's also important you are capable of creating good survey questions.

I agree. IMO it's a terrible idea. They won't care about delivering well thought-out answers. They just tell you what they think you want to hear.

Focus on getting in touch with people who are in your target audience, and genuinely care about you helping them. You'll get much more insight.

But before doing a survey, I'd just start conversations with them. Try to find patterns and sentiments. After you've gotten a feel for the audience, you're in a way better position to create a survey that gives you valuable data.

HUSTLIN HEATHEN

Contributor
Dec 5, 2018
Harlingen, TX
Read TMF again.

If you were to "fastlane" transcription, you wouldn't be touching a damn computer for anything other than giving your VAs/employees instructions.

You could make far more than $25-30/hr, without having to do such a sh*tty, boring task.

Working hourly is not fastlane

If you feel like you have even a DECENT grasp of what good, proper transcription entails, then pull out a pen and pad and start making a plan to make a reliable transcription business, then find your clients and reap the rewards.

I understand the turking helps you get by, but you eventually have to evolve it.

And it seems like the best way is to take the 1 skill you do the best on MTurk, plan a system and create it

If people are paying $25-30/hr for transcriptionists, they're charging their clients a dickload more

Be the owner not the worker

Yeah...or maybe I'll just get an 8-pack and clean pools for Jersey cougars

HUSTLIN HEATHEN

Contributor
Dec 5, 2018
Harlingen, TX
Look OP, if you're not going to take advice, why are you even here?

I hope it's not to give advice. Because you are not some shining example of a bootstrapping success story. Far from it.

And your "HUSTLE HARD" attitude is not only a cliché of 99% of wannabe entrepreneurs, it's some of the most toxic and ridiculous crap I've ever read on this forum.

Get off your high horse already. This is not your average internet forum. The people you are talking to are self-made multimillionaires and you're just sitting here, talking out of your behind about how your part-time 'freelance' gig (if you can even call it that) is such an amazing opportunity... when it is clearly NOT.

People here are merely trying to help you understand that and you literally sh*t in everyone's face.

Even the *owner* of this forum chimed in to tell you how crappy your attitude is. Is that enough of a reality check for you?

Some people have pointed out, there are instances where taking gigs from Amazon could be beneficial. But the case is, they are few and far between.

I work 45 hours a week, 10 bucks an hour, after tax. Nothing fancy by any stretch, but if you think this sounds like something I would spend my remaining 35 productive hours pursuing, you are out of your mind.

You are on the most underrated entrepreneur forum on the web. You could ask any question, and experienced, successful individuals are at your fingertips to offer you advice. I know for a fact a fair few of the people who've already commented on this thread are multi-millionares, excluding MJ. This is not Reddit.

Yet, sadly, the only thing you seem to want to do is sit here and talk sh*t, toot your own horn, and flout everyone's advice while you're making literal poverty wages? You really should be ashamed, and take a hard look at what you've been commenting and start trying to learn, instead of acting like such a know-it-all.

;)
Cool story bro

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
There are a bunch of other clones. I've used a few of them myself recently. As a buyer, that is.

Oh, ok, a endless circle jerk. Keep the sheep stupid.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
My intention was to show that if an average guy like me can do this...ANYBODY can. So definitely not claiming to be better than anybody.

But it's hard to offer value when people are constantly shooting down ideas, entirely missing the point of the thread.

I think you're missing the point of people's replies and taking them way too personally.

You just pointed out what everyone was saying:

You want to show people that if an average guy like you can make $1000 a month, ANYBODY can do it. No one here has ever thought otherwise.

Not only are you proving a point that no one needed proven, you are doing it with a bad attitude.

And in my opinion MJ is being veryyy lenient when he says he doesn't know who is reading this and where they are in life.

Because we are not talking about making $1000 a month while working 1-2 hours per day. That would help a lot of people in their entrepreneurial journey.

You're talking about working as much hours as a fulltime job, but making less pay. The only benefit is that you're at home. This isn't beneficial to 99.99% of the people here, except someone too lazy to get a job.

Anyways, its mostly how your saying things that are annoying people.

Literally OP

LOL.

Last edited:

whiz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey
F*ck it, we tried to help.

You're just dumb - no way around it

I don't see how you can get legitimate, valuable advice from people magnitudes more successful than you and you still be a douche - it blows my mind

You just have a douche mentality, as seen in almost every single post besides the one where you fake a$$-kissed MJ after disrespecting his forum with this garbage thread

After giving you a business plan on how you can lift yourself out of your wage slave mindset, you just respond with irrelevant nonsense

I won't be replying to this thread again

I'll hit you up when I have indie songs for you to review at $0.35 a piece, or any other useless, time-sink, dead-end odd job. You've proven that you're the go-to for slave labor

Keep slowlaning

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
...as seen in almost every single post besides the one where you fake a$$-kissed MJ after disrespecting his forum with this garbage thread

+rep

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
At some point, the crutches gotta come OFF.

My "crutch" was a sh*tty, dead-end minimum wage caregiving job I had held for 2 years. I broke that bitch like cheap chopsticks. Got myself fired. It was a f*cking blessing!

Now I get to fully focus on my E-Commerce venture I had put off for 2 years. I was too much of a pussy back then to follow through with my FastLane goals. Now it's balls to the wall, ALL OR f*ckING NOTHING.

So how do I do this without a 9-5 or savings?

Enter Amazon Mechanical Turk. (NOT an affiliate link)

If you're looking for a quick paying, "On Demand" job as @MJ DeMarco likes to call them (that's the term I was looking for, thanks) Turking is a great place to start.

It's a database filled with THOUSANDS (possibly a hundred thousand) daily tasks (aka HITs) which include surveys, transcriptions, proof-reading projects, data entry jobs and various other gigs posted by requesters.

I use the income to cover rent, bills, WiFi, gas, and most of my other necessities.

Not quite Fastlane, but not quite Slowlane either....and it'll DEFINITELY get your a$$ off the Sidewalk!

It's simply one of the BEST crowdsourcing platforms for new entrepreneurs.

If you disagree, you just don't know what the hell you're doing.

I've banked close to $5k in barely 5 months. And I was a NOOB.

MTURK%20EARNINGS.jpg

mturk-earnings-png.22860

Numbers don't lie.

In fairness, buddy of mine did show me the ropes last week of July. I picked up on it quick. So that's 4.5 months, with an earnings count of $4,879.35 to date. That's roughly $1,084 per month. $300-$400 per week.

If an Average Joe, non-techy guy like me can do it you sure as hell can too.

I'll be on here to answer any questions. I got lucky and was shown the ropes in detail. So I feel it's only right to pass on the favor.

HMU in my inbox for any questions.

Click this link to apply for an account --> Amazon Mechanical Turk

*DISCLAIMER* NOT EVERYONE GETS APPROVED FOR AN MTURK ACCOUNT. I was approved in 2 days. My buddy had to wait 8 months. You'll find out after applying on their website. They'll shoot you an email.

Well done for getting off your a$$ and overtaking 99% of the competition. You should be proud of yourself.

Thanks for heads up too. I've never heard of this site!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.