The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Ajay Tutaan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 19, 2017
Philippines
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.
I just ordered the Kindle version online coz I'm from the Philippines. I have started water distribution system in my city thanks to your book. I can't wait to receive unscripted .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MortimerFox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 14, 2014
London, UK
I'm an Amazon fba seller... the reason why they done that is because most of amazon sellers used to get/pay random people to write good reviews without trying the products first lol..
Well that's no good if I send people a PDF copy of my book, they read it and try to leave an honest review on Amazon. ):

MortimerFox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 14, 2014
London, UK
I ordered a copy of Unscripted yesterday but Amazon said it would take a week (expedited) to get to me (I'm in the UK). Is MJ posting them himself, by hand?

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Hi Guys,

I received THE BOOK to my Kindle overnight. Can't wait to read it - already started in the morning and got a bit late to work at my cotton plantation (this is what I call my 9 - 5).

I ordered a paper version for my friend who is 6000 km from me. Although he is really 'solid' when talking about his life, he has started sending me Anonymous memes so I figured - there are some cracks on his posture and at least he is looking at something. I will give it a try.

My takeaway from this read will be more relaxation. At the moment I know there are literally no excuses, if you don't work in a diamond mine somewhere in South Africa, and btw you are 5 years old and somebody is pointing a gun at you every minute... PROCESS: It took my me a few weeks to make a giant change (EVENT: the change itself took about two minutes to 'go-live') when I read TMF . I am excited to see what happens after this one.

Thanks MJ, again!

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
704%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hey everyone - today is the day to leave a review on Amazon for MJ.

I tried to post mine earlier but like others have mentioned here, we had to wait until today. I posted my 5 star review (of course) on Amazon today.

BE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW ON AMAZON TODAY!!!

If you're interested, this is what I had to say:

Let's just be honest, you're going to see a LOT of 5 star reviews for this book. Why? Because it really is a powerful, potentially life-changing book.

Quick background - I was introduced to MJ DeMarco through a friend about 6 years ago. He showed me MJ's first book, The Millionaire Fastlane . And while we were sitting in my friend's office, not some back alley, it was almost as if he were introducing me to some secret society because MJ didn't go the traditional route of selling his book using the media. He relied on word-of-mouth. And to be clear, word-of-mouth only works when you have a quality product.

Long story short, I read The Millionaire Fastlane and after doing so, immediately made some changes in my own fledgling business. Changes that helped me scale up my business, reduce my own workload to about 10 hours a week, and take off to live in the Caribbean & Europe for 3 years, all together with my family. I'm now a proud member of MJ's Fastlane Forum and have even spoken at his annual summit.

Now MJ comes out with Unscripted .

This book takes it to another level. While The Millionaire Fastlane addresses how to think about wealth and how to start the right kind of business, Unscripted helps you question the underlying motives for pretty much everything we deal with in modern society. But unlike a Malcolm Gladwell book which is fascinating but offers no solutions, MJ teaches you exactly what to do to rise above it all.

He starts off strong and then well, stays strong. If you’re uncomfortable with new, critical thinking as well as colorful language that doesn’t hold back, this might not be the book for you. But if you’re someone who’s interested in rising above what society has in store for you, this book is your handbook.

An underlying theme in this book is personal sovereignty - true happiness through personal freedom. MJ does a fantastic job of weaving together modern day events with historical backgrounds all while applying them directly to you. You’re not left wondering what to do.

If you’re the kind of person that highlights as you read, you’ll find yourself marking up quite a bit! I mean, check out some of these pearls of wisdom:

-Anyone who tells you that money can’t buy happiness isn’t spending it correctly.

-Comparison is future-oriented and focused on what is missing, creating anxiety. Gratitude is present-oriented and focused on what you have, creating peace.

-When sifting through life’s jungle, you want a sharpened scythe to break through the weeds - meaning-and-purpose are its grinding stone.

These are just a few of the wisdom nuggets that you’ll get in this book.

OK, right now I run the risk of saying that this book is “so great”. But, if you read even just a few pages, you’ll see for yourself that this isn’t just regurgitated money/happiness talk from the countless books you can grab off of a bookstore shelf. This book combines truly independent thinking with personal experience and practical take-aways.

If you’re interested in rising above the herd, this book is for you.

AGAIN, IF MJ'S TEACHING'S HAVE HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY, BE SURE TO DO HIM A SOLID AND LEAVE A REVIEW FOR UNSCRIPTED ON AMAZON TODAY!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I'm something like 24% through the book. It's already excellent. I'll be posting the review when I'm done. It might take a while.

Mumtaz

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 15, 2016
UK
So far I've read the money making part till the end so from probably page 223 till end (I went straight for the dessert). It's crazy no one has ever given such transparent advice... I probably spent 5hours reading this part

Now I'm reading from chapter 6 till page220.. this probably take another 4hours

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Great Deal on Unscripted Kindle version - for those of you that purchased the print version of Unscripted you can now purchase the Kindle version for only 2.99 more! "Get one while supplies last - they are going quick - If you call and the line is busy keep trying back" :)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
:thumbsup:

OliverR

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Jan 28, 2012
EU
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

The e-mail came just at the right time. Was about to look where to use my this months audible credit. Now I know to hold out until next week! Can't wait! Well done MJ!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now I know to hold out until next week! Can't wait! Well done MJ!

The audiobook might be up sooner than next week. It's been in the "processing" queue at Audible now for almost 2 weeks.

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pre-ordered. Read it. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

What I found interesting was that when I first heard MJ speak two years ago at one of the meetups, it was different than what I had envisioned in my head. Truthfully, I had no basis for this other than to compare his speaking to the voice my mind created for him when I read through TMF . But when he delivered his keynote at the end of the meetup, I felt like you could really see his passion shine through and how important it was to him for you to understand the message. His words weren't spoken in a way that conveyed he was someone who was concerned that his delivery wasn't politically correct. So many authors and/or speakers cater to their audience and sacrifice the quality of message in order to deliver in a way that you as the audience want to hear it or so that it appeals to the masses.

Unscripted is a book that delivers an unfiltered and uncut message, written in MJ's true voice (to my ears at least), about choosing the path to entrepreneurship and breaking free from the script that so many follow day to day. MJ puts it all out there without pulling back the reigns and for me, it will probably require a second read to take it all in, just because there is so much value spread throughout the book.

Great job and as others have said, I expect this book to sit atop another best seller's list.

Mumtaz

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 15, 2016
UK
So far I've read the money making part till the end so from probably page 223 till end (I went straight for the dessert). It's crazy no one has ever given such transparent advice... I probably spent 5hours reading this part

Now I'm reading from chapter 6 till page220.. this probably take another 4hours

I finished reading the mindset part and I have to say it was also a dessert haha. This book is definitely better than the previous one. I definitely recommend it... it's more practical.. I think the most practical entrepreneur book on the market..

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida

View attachment 14816

I've THANKFULLY read UNSCRIPTED and it was by far the best book I have ever read.
Upon receiving it, honestly I was most of the way through TMF at the time and couldn't help but see what the "new" book would have to offer (I know talk about jumping ship in between...)

The information was EYE OPENING, growing up with a single mother and sister I had barely any exposure to the information that was presented in this book and I have to say it changed my perception of the world quite literally... I want to re-read it again but more importantly I want to begin moving (with purpose) and not stop.

THANK YOU.

-Dylan

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
On page 48, YES thank you MJ the force awakens did suck a$$!!!
and im a fan of star wars.
ok ok sorry back to the book, great book!
much easier to recommend because looks like the first chunk is less about business and all about life itself.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
In the Kindle version, there is a chart showing the "Bandwagon Trend" and "Crowdfed Oppurtunity". It looks like the pairings for "Apps" and "Social Media" are switched. For example, I associate Apps with Ads and Analytics (now that Free apps have taken over).

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
704%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
It's crazy no one has ever given such transparent advice

Exactly. That's what I've found now with both of MJ's books. A feeling of, "why the heck has nobody ever said this stuff before!" It's so obvious and MJ states it so eloquently.

eagleye101

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 24, 2013
Athens, Greece
Got an email last night from MJ that the book was released on Amazon. Stayed up all night reading. Haven't finished it yet, but it's a matter of days.

Gives me the feeling that I'm reading a banned book with knowledge only available to the few.

Thank you MJ

P.S. I'm sending an email to my list to go get it (the least I can do to thank you)

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
I sat in the doctor's office while reading unscripted which downloaded onto my kindle in the morning yesterday and holy shit, I had a major major moment.

I recently got a knee operation and was excited that I was finished with it and on the road to recovery, and being able to do more. While I sat in the office I took a look around and saw so many elderly people that looked lifeless, and tired.

I realized, they were all products, and now they're sitting in doctor's offices at the end of their cycle and not enjoying life but also completely focused in material items such as designer items, the newest ipad, the best clothes.

Absolutely was a slap in the face, still got to do more reading but already devouring the pages... Great work MJ.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

thehighlander

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Dec 31, 2016
California
Bought the paperback and kindle copies. I didn't realize MJ was tuned in to the human collateral thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

thehighlander

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Dec 31, 2016
California
I've read up to the part about the 9 hyper realities. Many things I am reading are not news to me. The book confirms that I'm not alone... nice to know that other people see how absurd things are.

In a nutshell, many fictions exist to control behaviors, particularly to do with the generation and spending of money.

Nice job of opening people's eyes! I'm sure many unhappy people will appreciate the articulate revealing of the fictions they're stuck dealing with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In a nutshell, many fictions exist to control behaviors, particularly to do with the generation and spending of money.

MANY fictions are crafted to move money? One could argue it's ALL fictions. That's a good debate right there. ;)

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Read it! Gave me a deep understanding of life and entrepreneurship! And more gold GUMBALLS!:smile:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And more gold GUMBALLS!

If I had to order the most profound messages in the book, I thnk this concept (and the EV of it) is in the top 5. Kinda surprised no one has commented on it. Makes wonder if people are reading, or skimming. :smuggy:

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Makes wonder if people are reading, or skimming. :smuggy:

I'm actually reading it. That's why it's taking a while : )

I just finished the chapter on Hyperrealities, and when I read the paragraph about your first day at college, MJ, and your roommate's poster on the wall, I laughed with embarrassment.

Yes, I'm ashamed to admit I had that EXACT same poster on my wall when I was younger. "Justification for Higher Education" with the several exotic cars in the garage, the mansion on the seaside cliff with a sunset. What a joke.

I wish someone had grabbed a hold of me back then and shaken that nonsense out of me.

I'm looking out my window right now wondering where my Ferrari is?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.