The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I got the book in the delivery just today. I am still digesting UNSCRIPTED (as it is a tougher and more complex chew than TMF ) so it might take me some time to put up an official review on Amazon, for the benefit of Fastlaners-to-be.

But still I have gotten so many concepts, both streamlined and new! I really appreciate the streamlining process which helps me identify what I still need to fill in. This IS along post, but hey you should see MJ's book. The only longer book I know about is the Bible....

First......
GOOD LORD @MJ DeMarco ! Well done! Awesome! Chutzah! Yabba-dabba-doo!
I actually feared that UNSCRIPTED would discuss similar concepts of TMF . Not only did it do it, but it went BLOODY DEEPER.
I am going to be honest. TMF is so much less harsher and so surface level compared to this!

I am going to use an analogy. TMF is harsh, cuts straight to the point, sharp. Reminds me of sharp steel swords. But UNSCRIPTED is a massive inferno of a warbeast that just kills the SCRIPTED framework and all its falsehoods merciless, thoroughly and cruelly.

There were a lot of bad reviews on TMF. Spotted them on Amazon. People were blaming TMF as common-sensical and using the language of scam gurus. Some were even bitching that there were no instructables in TMF.
Now UNSCRIPTED has so much HARD DATA and FACTS! Statistics, studies (the Growth Mindset investigation by Carol Dweck is excellent...a recommendation I found on the forum), reports, the whole picture. It's like one of those psychology papers I write in college, but more lively, full of conviction, critical thinking (MJ diatribes) and enough 'roundhouse language' to make me smile at my own foolishness when you call me out on it the book!

And there are tons of executionable strategies beginning after the SCRIPT section. TONS. Things you can start doing now, for newcomers.

Those haters are gonna run out of ink and words when they discover you have created the Death Star of mediocrity!

I have taken a peek at the productocracy and exit strategies part, and while I have not yet executed on them fully, I can tell that I will have significantly less troubles in streamlining my finance goals and systems to prepare for good cashflow management. You literally saved me more money that could be wasted on crap finance materials!

Highlights so far on the book:
-You put into words the motions of the SCRIPT very brilliantly. In TMF, you only briefly described agents like friends, parents, education and finance. Here, not only you come up with validation material of hard data, but you slowly disect the SCRIPTED frog on the dish. Down to its very bowels. As far as I know, only James Altucher's Choose Yourself discusses that, and he himself focuses more on emotional impacts rather than scientific mechanisms such as the M.O.D.E.L citizenry, the sad conventional result of the SCRIPT and time prostitution.

- I ran into many discussions on the role of the Slowlane here in TFLF. Many think that the Slowlane should be for those who can't take the more aggressive Fastlane route. But the way MJ puts it in UNSCRIPTED , it is actually non-optional! A no-brainer, considering the costs! Be it in the Sidewalk or Slowlane, you still remain a cash cow for the higher-ups! In the Sidewalk, you splurge on consummables while in the Slowlane, you splurge on crap financial instruments. All income outflow and no income inflow! The reality behind this mahogany is actually FAR WORSE AND BLATANT than in TMF.

- The trophy kid tales and the stories of the masses who want presents or trophies for everything, along with the cases of people actually protesting competition in school events and work places are a shocking read, but I think you did well to talk about them. Such stupidity just kills the value of great achievements. We must value meritocracy over mediocrity, no matter what.

-In TMF, you espoused repeatedly that process far outweights events, or a silver bullet which wantrapreneurs crave. Here in UNSCRIPTED , you carefully divided things into MICRO and MACRO. Micro involves thoughts, belief processes while macro deals with repeated actions to produce a resulting output. This reminded me of The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson, where every little habit is significant as long they are chained together consistently. Masterful use of words and terminology, even for a non-academician like you, MJ.

-The role of a degree as a minimum training record in professional fields rather than a shortcut was not discussed in TMF. But here, I really appreciate it that you finally, FINALLY, discussed it now. I really waited for it. The revelation that you selected your doctor based on prior track records rather than merely a paper degree killed the bloody SCRIPTED professional career leach within me. I needed to get rid of the remnants of the SCRIPT which claimed that degrees are an important route to wealth. Yes, old habits die hard. unfortunately most will still continue to consider degrees as the EVENT more than the PROCESS behind it, gaining qualifications and track record.

-You also addressed the mind suckery of the Asian SCRIPTED culture. As a former victim of that genocide, thank you for remembering us.

I could go on, but I want to finish the book properly to give a more official review on Amazon. I recommend that UNSCRIPTED can be read without having to go through TMF. AS I have said, TMF is actually a softer read. While TMF may get you started, UNSCRIPTED will get you, 'Shit! Let's go! Let's go! I have X materials here and I can work on Y problem now!'

On a more personal note to @MJ DeMarco ,
Thank you.

Thank you for coming back to write another book that will kill the paradigm bullshit in my life once and for all. I have always thought deliverance comes from hard toil or angelic ministers, but now I know better.
Thank you for continuing to provide what I need to break away for the SCRIPT.

I might sound like a fanboy....but it's my honest take. I as a young student look up to you very much. I don't have many legitimate teachers in this field that is full of strife. I don't have a classroom of wealth and business besides my Fastlane ventures and the forum. But it's all here....I don't have to search far and long for the silver bullet. It's not needed. It never was.

Yet so many, so many don't realise that....and they will wander forever unless this book gets to them.

Thank you for staying here at this forum, always welcoming the newbies, protecting us from scammers and thieves of values, roping in seasoned entrepreneurs for us learn from. You could have retired once and for all, but you didn't. You stayed and worked on. You could have gone on to work at more ventures for more millions, as most entrepreneurs do. I would do the same, truthfully. But you didn't. You stayed on. And that means a lot to me, more than you ever know.

Thank you for putting up with our embarassing failures....wantrapreneural tendencies, simple business errors (breaking CENTS), you name it. I don't know how you have the patience not to just log out, but you have it. Thank you.

Yes, I have said too many 'thank yous' to warrant a thread derail, but I need to thank people more. @MustImprove, @smarty and @Kingmaker taught me that. Thank you, you three! It really makes live more happier and richer, money aside. I must admit that I have had been a negative introvert much of my life.

For now, I see that's lots of work to be done, but for once, I do not fear. I will do it. I will complete this. Young, not old.

I don't usually make promises or make far-fetched dreamy targets, but I'll make an exception today. One day, I really desire to meet you, maybe at a Fastlane Summit or meetup. Get to meet some of the Fastlaners I have been interacting with online. I envision a day which I can personally shake you in the hand, thank you and say, 'Because of you, I did it!' For real. You went beyond the call of duty to write this book, and maintain the forum. If that doesn't warrant immortal mention, I don't know what else does.

Once again, thank you, @MJ DeMarco for UNSCRIPTED . It means a lot to me, more than you ever know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Finished and reviewed!

Thanks for another excellent book, as well as the mental images of your beautiful, flowing long hair captivating everyone at the restaurant, your odd/psychopathic former friend's rat roasting and the knowledge that but for a rogue palm tree you may have edged out Vin Diesel for that Fast And The Furious role.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

CementFeet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Just received the book a few days ago and through the first few chapters. Amazing, hilarious, unhinged, and my new favorite @MJ DeMarco.

I gave it to my 12-year old and he started cranking through random chapters. He couldn't believe what he was reading. He said his head was hurting. No one teaches this stuff and explains it with concrete examples as well as MJ.

Many of my friends have embraced the Fastlane approach, are quitting their jobs, and making money through digital methods, Amazon private labeling, and small startups where they are in control of the system, not the other way around. My transition has also begun, and the cashflow is slowly ramping up as I execute on several ecommerce sites. Woo Hoo!

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
I love the 9 Steps -- Event / Process Dichotomy:
  1. Intelligent Awareness
  2. Modify expectations / Realign difficulty
  3. Identify and Visualize the Change Target
  4. Apply Mathematics to the Goal
  5. Segment Goal into its Daily Action
  6. Identify Threats to the Target
  7. Identify the Right Battlefield
  8. Attack Bad habits with inconvenience / Pain
  9. Act until Echo

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
Your review means a lot to me. Not just because you found it *the* best you ever read, but you found it relevant to life in the UK. I was a bit fearful that I wrote it with too much a skew toward the US (talks about the Federal Reserve, IRS, and other US based monolithic structures).

Thank you for sharing, and for letting me know I didn't strikeout with my friends across the pond.

MJ, you also 'didn't strikeout' those Aussies here at down-under either! Very applicable as far as I can see.

BrendenUncaged

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jun 1, 2017
Tampa
I've read it. Absolutely awesome, the whole aspect of being outside the script really hits home for me as I've always felt like I've looked at things from a different perspective. Theres so many actionable resources in this book, its crazy to think a book I bought for $8 is going to help me make millions over my lifetime.

EthanMac1984

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
May 30, 2017
Tennessee
Just finished. Several chapters opened my eyes to things I've been doing wrong. Looking forward to applying what I've learned!

kiwiana

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2017
Just finished Unscripted . I liked the framework focus to shift mindset in the book that is a nice supplement to TMF . Will be re-reading the section on KE soon. By the way, can someone weigh in on the section about Bond Interests? I'm trying to better understand how bonds work. The text says "Additionally, individual bonds carry default risk: if the issuer goes bankrupt, bondholders are after stockholders in terms of who takes the haircut." Is MJ saying that bondholders get paid before or after the stockholders in the case of default?

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Just realised I never actually came and wrote anything.

Here's my take on Unscripted . It's an incredible read... so much so that I think I've ended up with page markers on just about every page (even had to go out and buy more..). It's enlightening. It will stop you in your tracks and make you realise how you've not been the one running your life to this point. It will trigger you with the truth and give you the sinking feeling when you realise you've been going wrong.

What it won't do is change your life.

It has the answers. Don't waste them and just put it on the bookshelf and move onto the next book.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Dear MJ,

If you were already an idol of mine, after this book you became a F*cking god. I've read a lot in my life and I can risk to say that it's one of the best, enlightening books that I've read so far. You definitely are the real deal.

Sincerely thanks for existing, my friend. Your books have shown me a world in which I can truly win. I hope one day I can give it back.

All respect transferred. +++

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Jon0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
May 3, 2017
UK
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

Hi guys, do we know when the Audible version is due? I keep checking eagerly .. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi guys, do we know when the Audible version is due? I keep checking eagerly .

Amazon keeps telling me "anyday" so I keep saying "anyday"

superstock

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 26, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Finished it a couple of days ago. It was fantastic.

I think the biggest takeaway is to stop looking for a blueprint and the 7 magical steps. You're never going to know what will be in the 'forest' unless you just go and find out yourself.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Add me to the list! Book was insightful, but better yet entertaining as hell. I liked where you tackled a bunch of self limiting beliefs that can hold you back. Left you amazon review a while ago. Thanks again MJ!

TL75

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 28, 2015
I read TMF a couple of years ago and loved it but procrastination set in and it slowly got pushed back in the too hard basket. Then when I got the email prompt in my inbox that you had another book I instantly had to read it. I'm pretty average so I've worked my arse off to get a good education and into a good position at work so I'm definitely addicted to the slow lane from years of study hard, work hard, job security etc things I was taught from my hardworking and wonderful parents but when I remember all the hours they worked we still just managed to have enough and nothing more. I want to show my kids a better way so I'm going to grind and be the lighthouse that I need to be for them my wife and especially for myself. Thanks MJ for sharing your knowledge and looking forward to sharing a F*#k You moment when the time comes.

Last edited:

Kalpesh Narwani

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 4, 2017
INDIA
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

Thanks for sharing those 5 chapter of books i'ad downloaded it now and will be read and then if i like to purchase also

Dsilvar89

Resolute Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
May 1, 2017
New Zealand
Just finished reading - I'll have to go back and re-read from chapter 32 on wards again.

Imho I reckon this was even better than the Fastlane Millionaire.

Cheers dude @MJ DeMarco

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Okay, this might be obvious to some of you but I only realized it now when I re-read some paragraphs from the money system chapter. A money system is in essence a perfect rental system. You rent money (that you earned thanks to your Fastlane business) to fund your ideal lifestyle. In a way, money here is your perfect employee working for you without any complaints and little management 24/7 while you do whatever you want. You still own a business in a way, but it's a "money rental" business.

When approached this way, I finally understand the whole point of the money system - and finally understand that it's not about the best yields, beating the index or whatever. It's about finding the safest (to ensure it's stable and predictable), but still as lucrative as possible, "job" for your money that will provide you with stable cash income, not some unrealized gains so you can brag how your portfolio supposedly "grew" by 15% this year. That's partly also while it has to be liquid - you don't want your money/employee to be stuck working in bad conditions without an option to escape them rapidly (ideally within seconds).

Last edited:

All_In52

Today
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 9, 2016
Just finished unscripted ... it took me about 3 days and I could not put it down. I just passed my Strength and conditioning certification and I plan on applying the methods in the book. I will carry it aorund with me wherever I go just so I can review the concepts.. Will re read multiple times.

One thing I liked about what MJ did is go more in depth on the passive money system and it made me realize how little I know about ETFs, mutual funds, bonds, etc. I wish he went in more depth explaining each of these terms before using them repetitively but I'll have to do some research my self. Its a process!

Thank you MJ for your contribution and value to us. I posted a while ago about becoming a personal trainer last year and havent posted since but I do plan on becoming an entrepreneur and regular here.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Just finished it. The book opens fantastically. As someone who has been on the forum for years, and has read The Millionaire Fastlane a few times, some concepts in the middle of the book were those I am already familiar with so it slowed down a bit. Definitely necessary however for those who haven't been following the forum forever or are fresh to the fastlane concept. And I think it laid the necessary groundwork for the massive value that was to come - because after that, it absolutely picked up steam for the remaining 30% of the book. Tons of actionable, relevant steps, lots of frameworks, etc. So that's where I got the most value out of it.

It definitely warrants a second reading. Frameworks, frameworks, frameworks... each valuable in their own right, but a bit hard to remember and internalize the first time around. And lots of hilarious insights, commentary, and personal situations made it easy to digest when it got to the meaty, down to business parts.

Thanks MJ. Each day I take one step further away from the Scripted Slaughterhouse (as seen in the comic on page 90), even though my path hasn't completely diverged away from it yet. Its like I'm walking parallel to it, not towards it, but not yet completely away from it either. Soon enough.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Unscripted was an absolutely phenomenal experience. It was like the book was written exactly for me and showed me a lot of the errors in the way I was approaching starting a business and creating passive income. Thank you for saving me a lot of time and hardship trying to figure it out on my own and for providing waypoints for those of us who want to start our entrepreneur foundations on the right foot.

Countach

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 25, 2013
Oklahoma
Finished it last night. The gut punch I needed. Just as TMF made a lot "click" for me, this was where all the tumblers fell into place.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Okay, this might be obvious to some of you but I only realized it now when I re-read some paragraphs from the money system chapter. A money system is in essence a perfect rental system. You rent money (that you earned thanks to your Fastlane business) to fund your ideal lifestyle. In a way, money here is your perfect employee working for you without any complaints and little management 24/7 while you do whatever you want. You still own a business in a way, but it's a "money rental" business.

When approached this way, I finally understand the whole point of the money system - and finally understand that it's not about the best yields, beating the index or whatever. It's about finding the safest (to ensure it's stable and predictable), but still as lucrative as possible, "job" for your money that will provide you with stable cash income, not some unrealized gains so you can brag how your portfolio supposedly "grew" by 15% this year. That's partly also while it has to be liquid - you don't want your money/employee to be stuck working in bad conditions without an option to escape them rapidly (ideally within seconds).

Bingo.

Any update on when the audio book will arrive?

The audiobook was finished over a month ago. Audible has not released it and I'm waiting on them. Once I get word it's been pushed out of their queue and onto the marketplace, I'll send out an email.

BobW78

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 3, 2017
Ottawa On Canada
Amazon keeps telling me "anyday" so I keep saying "anyday"
Did the comment you made in the Simple Programmer interview about Amazon having bad support for business have anything to do with this?

I wish they'd get their shit together. I'm gonna have to listen to Fast Lane a third time while I wait.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.