The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thanks MTF. From my understanding this is the order that people get paid in the case of Chapter 7 or 11 bankrupty:
1. creditors (usually by liquidating assets)
2. bondholders
3. stockholders (preferred, then common).
I think the SEC info supports this understanding. Is this your understanding?

Yep. You have a nice gray box there:

How Are Assets Divided in Bankruptcy?

1. Secured Creditors - often a bank, is paid first.

2. Unsecured Creditors - such as banks, suppliers, and bondholders, have the next claim.

3. Stockholders - owners of the company, have the last claim on assets and may not receive anything if the Secured and Unsecured Creditors' claims are not fully repaid.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Just read Unscripted . Literally brought this book everywhere (even the bathroom) day by day. I'd wait in a line, and people would glance over my shoulder trying to figure out what I'm reading, or curious why I'm so into a book instead of the cliche pulling out a smartphone. This is going to be a long post so get your vanilla bean frap ready...

TL DR: This is the sister to TMF . MJ
nails it again!

The first few chapters really draw you in. MJ nearly paints a canvas in your head about the world as it is today. To be honest, chapters 1-8 made me feel as though I was Neo, running out the cubicle then taking the red pill from Morpheus. Every chapter, what MJ said,
and what was happening, became true.

1ee6ed72e6a53f041b45feebd437838f.jpg

This is not the book where you read it, and say "oh boy, my life is going to change now". You read, adjust, take action, and repeat. Literally, not to give spoilers but when you're reading about MP, you should really sit down and let things soak in. Chapter 28 really sparked my mind.

I strongly feel that this book needs to be conjoined with TMF to see the big picture. For example TMF goes in depth about WADM (decision making), headwinds and naysayers, but touches somewhat imo about compound interest working for you once you've built a money system. Unscripted however, goes in depth on this topic with examples, break downs of brokerages to look for, and those to avoid. However, it touches lightly on WADM, so you get the picture. If you're into anime and watched Death note, think of both books like Near (TMF) and Mello (Unscripted ). Alone they are exceptional, but together they're unstoppable.

The effect of reading this book:

This book has caused me to step on the gas so to speak. I was making a lot of mistakes (some I was completely unaware of like looking for a shortcut like the WWF players), and MJ, you kicked the senses back into me. Really felt like a big brother wrote this for me to change my life, and start now (not during a pink Wednesday in November).

Thanks MJ, and to the forum for the
outstanding threads, posts, knowledge!

Last edited:

Daniel Foley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 14, 2017
Ireland
Just finished Unscripted , and again an uncomfortable read, with much of the descriptions of the Scripted life and Dreampreneur been somewhat painful home truths. I have had plenty of ideas and even attempted to start "businesses" in the past, and now operate as a successful self-employed contractor, kidding myself that this is the way, taking safe contracts, trading my time (a lot of it) for all be it decent money, to the sacrifice of family life.

Now at 35, 3 young children, mortgage, car loan, but no pension / retirement fund. Time to start investing my time smartly, to secure my family's future. Otherwise I will be working my hole off till my death bed, living month to month, without so much as a retirement fund to look forward to.

Unscripted has shown me how to take my ideas beyond some half arsed attempt to get going, and that I don't need all the answers up front, and that there will never be the perfect time to start.

So lets do this...

sector7

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 26, 2015
Read it and loved it. Great job once again MJ!

(read TMF as well but my badge seems to have disappeared)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
I finally finished it(You made a real tome, MJ!) I love all of part 4, it's such a no-nonsense guide to building a real business! I dog-eared so much of it, I think it'll make a great reference as I move into and past my first sale and into the 'growing' portion of entrepreneurship!

Puripong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
May 19, 2016
I have to admit that I was hesitated to purchase this book. As TMF reader I was afraid about a kind of "filled up" that happened to a lot of second book in the same genre from the same author. I have downloaded a demo chapter, read it and felt a mix. One side is a kind of similar platitude from TMF with a filler and another side is something new that supposed to be in this book.

A few days since then I decided to purchase kindle version from Amazon because I trust MJ will never deliver a bullshit. Just finished a read today and I have to say this is the best second book I ever bought in my entire life. This book is worth more than what I paid. Thank you for your excellent second book that amaze me enough to post feedback here MJ.

Calamity

debias.me
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 7, 2016
Germany
Read the book. Purchased it immediately on Kindle as I got the email. Was just thinking of rereading the TMF - what a lucky coincidence!

AikiMike

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 4, 2013
It's taken a couple of weeks for me to read, but I finally finished UNSCRIPTED today.

Excellent book. This sentence at the end of the book resonates with me: "Start now, not tomorrow, not next week after you get paid, and not after you get that great idea."

Marco Cuevas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jun 12, 2017
Love it... currently on chapter 30! Comforting to know I think about many of the same things at the same level you do. I legit have been lazy and in some cases, just overwhelmed by the thoughts of tackling some of my ideas in the past...

Seb

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jun 6, 2014
Best book I've read in a long time!

Thanks MJ!

46driver (PD)

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 19, 2015
Virginia Beach
"#TimeMachine
#StartToday
#RipUpTheScript
#UNSCRIPTED
#TheEnd
:)"

Could not have said it any better, thanks MJ, glad to support you by buying your second book since you sent me the first for free as a member of the military (with a nice dedication by the way)... Can't wait to connect the dots.

BobW78

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 3, 2017
Ottawa On Canada
What is up with Audible? My commute would be so much better if I could listen to this book. I've started plowing through the Kindle version but it's hard to find the time.

WealthChaser

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 7, 2017
Indiana
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

Did the audiobook ever come out? I was looking on Amazon to purchase the audiobook and was unable to locate. I do not mind reading the paperback version, but I usually leverage my drive in to work by listening to audiobooks. Thanks in advance!

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
Hey, guys

Where you got your epub versions? Amazon offering only Kindle edition and it is nightmare to put it on my reader.

I found it here UNSCRIPTED eBook by M.J. DeMarco - Kobo not sure if that's a good souce, I see only amazon promoted here.

edited: I found it in google play.

Last edited:

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
Read it.

Simply amazing!

Kieran Proven

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jan 11, 2017
Perth Australia
Hi everyone, I just got my a$$ kicked by MJ DeMarco in Unscripted .
F*ck the scripted mentality.

Bro you changed my thinking and it is changing my life.

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
the best line of the book until i find another :

"Millions of people have killed their Tuesday and willfully postponed their life until the weekend. I’m not sure what’s scarier, the mass murder of Monday through Friday or the murders in the movie I’m about to watch."

nicole.gif

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Blockbuster-Book. Perfect supplement to TMF.

I love it. Thank you, MJ, you and your work are great and change lives.

Rock on! :thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.