The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

RayAndré

Win From Within
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 7, 2017
Tampa, FL
Just finished Unscripted ! (For the first time ;))
SO much good information in here MJ.
Thank you thank you thank you.
One day I plan to help others, as you have.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ANomad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 11, 2017
UK
Got the audiobook, started listening and got absolutely hooked! Had to listen to the first 3 hours 3 times and then realised that I really wanted to be able to read it, highlight and bookmark so I can refer to the book again in the future. That prompted me to get the Kindle edition with audible narration so I could read the most important parts myself as well!

There are so many things that I'll be implementing/thinking/starting straight away but looking forward to using it and referencing in the future, especially the 'money system'. Currently I run a successful but small company which I realise now, turned into a job rather than a business. Reading the book helped me to see what I need to do to get off the slowlane on to the fastlane!

I have been some so inspired, I've been sending the book to many of my family and friends and gently nagging my daughter to listen to it so she can save herself years of slowlane :)

Thank you, MJ for this life changing book and now I'm reading TMF again to see what I've missed!

Jurica22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2017
Croatia
I've finished the book about a month ago.

I've since re-read it, and skimmed through specific chapters a few times.

The greatest compliment I could ever give to a book is that it influenced me as much as TMFL - Unscripted exceeded TMFL in that.

I love the more detailed analysis and breakdown of most concepts that appeared in TMFL.

Ofcourse, the mathematics behind your wealth system aren't as detailed as in TMFL, but that was already explained in TMFL.

The last part of the book (about investing and passive income) is truly different than the standard Wall Street approach, and it opened my eyes to alternatives of the buy and hold method.

The favorite part of the book has to be the 13? steps of idea finding/evaluating, it's truly detailed and well explained.

Thank you MJ, for writing 2 of my favorite entrepreneurship books.

P.S. I've recommended TMFL to my sister, she has read it and fell in love with entrepreneurship.

Today she asked if she could borrow Unscripted from me, and I've gladly given it to her :D

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
am reading unscripted while at the hospital to keep my mind from being depressed. I tell you this book is like fastlane on steroids... if anything it has giving me strength something similar to that of the bible during my testing times... NO F**KING ExCuseS

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
if anything it has giving me strength something similar to that of the bible during my testing times

It's always great to have a book like that, it kinda embodies while I wrote it. When I was young, my bible for success was Tony Robbin's Awaken The Giant Within, a book I still recommend!

glenm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 12, 2011
Ohio
I read about halfway, decided I am to slow of a reader so I bought the Audible book listened to it from the beginning and I am now listening to it for the second time. Great book a very good compliment to TMF .

JByers210

Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Apr 14, 2017
United States
I've read Unscripted ! Loved it and bought the audio book so I could listen to it over and over. Also been recommending it to people that I feel could use it :)

rsj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami
listened to the book! It was awesome, also got a hard copy to have it on my shelf! thanks for the quality work

xoxojbelle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 26, 2017
USA
I've read unscripted ! Awesome book, pulled an all-nighter to listen to the audiobook and I have the kindle and paperback versions.

Seeker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Dec 21, 2015
Germany
I did not read unscripted . But I listened to the audiobook.
In the beginning I thought: That narrator doesn't sound like MJ and I was a little disappointed because I always like when authors read their own books. It somehow ensures for me everything is said the way it was meant to be. And I also can connect better to the human, that wrote those lines. But I must say, the further I got with the book, the more I thought: Yeah, that sounds exactly like MJ would say it. Just out of sheer curiosity and if I may ask:

Why did you decide to not read it yourself, @MJ DeMarco ?

So I listened to UNSCRIPTED while driving to work, doing my workouts and at the grocery. Over 17 hours of content. It actually were over 20 hours for me because I had to turn the speed down to 0.8. Even though my listening English is pretty good, sometimes especially when I drove I had to concentrate pretty hard and I didn't want to miss a precious detail.

What do I think of it? Well, it was pretty much what I expected. After TMF was one of the first books of it's kind (read it once and listened to the audiobook twice by now - the latter I rarely do) and a real revelation, Unscripted wasn't that much of a fascinating idea to me anymore. Especially because it also contains essentially TMF . I liked the rants and to being called out. Posting some threads and then disappear? You cought me there. Some other things didn't resonate that much with me because I don't hate my 9-5. And while TMF offered me a new perspective on living concepts, Unscripted was almost a little bit too much conspiracy theory for me. It still is a good book, I liked it and enjoyed listening to it. It just falls a little short for me personally because TMF was so good, that it was hard to top. Still 4 out 5 stars and thank you MJ for writing it.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I'm halfway through unscripted but had to share this

Started listening to the audiobook on a flight from Hanoi to Bangkok on weds. When I arrived in Bangkok I jumped on the walking escalator, and was greeted by a bright red light box at the end saying "end of sidewalk" lol. People were a bit amused that I was chuckling and taking a photo. Then when I left the sidewalk, it even gave me a nice little audio soundbyte. "You are now leaving the sidewalk." Too good, had me in stitches.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ahhh stuff like this is music to my ears...

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 10.31.18 AM.png

Why did you decide to not read it yourself, @MJ DeMarco ?

It would have taken me over a year to narrate. A pro had it done in weeks. I wasn't willing to wait, nor spend vast amounts of time.

Unscripted was almost a little bit too much conspiracy theory for me.

But it's not conspiracy. "Conspiracy" is an ad-hominem attack on me. It's what people say to make themselves feel better for the slave system they've allowed themselves to endure. Don't like the idea that you're not free and you're government property? Don't like the idea that M-F is designed for obedience? Conspiracy!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I read Unscripted . While I enjoyed a lot of it, I still disagree with some parts. I hope that's part of the drill.

A 400+ page book is unlikely to have any reader agree with it entirely, no matter how much they enjoyed it as a whole.

Take what you need, and let your own experience light the way.

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
I don't know how I missed this thread, but I read the book when it came out!

An instant Classic right there with the original! Thank you MJ!!

bmyers

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 5, 2013
Read it. At times I felt as if you sensored yourself too much.
Obviously j/k :D

Definitely said exactly what people need to hear.
I'm reading it now. Loving it. The candor is awesome.

I'm new to the forum...... need to figure it out... (and finish the book..lol).

I read the Millionaire fast lane a few years ago and love it. I'm a real estate guy... and trying to move more into fast lane thinking and actions... very fun stuff! The book is challenging and refreshing. Constantly causes me to take an honest look at myself and business.

jimmeboy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Nov 24, 2009
Just finished reading Unscripted .

A big thank you to you MJ for writing it and sharing yet another amazing book.

Backed up on the first book perfectly!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.