The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Alexhg2777

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 12, 2019
I’ve read the millonaire fastlane, I’ve read several enterpreneurship/ self improvement books and this is by far the best book Of all, It blowed my mind, the true is that I bought this book almost a year ago but for whatever reason I had not read it, I regret from not read it before, I finally feel I’ve cracked the code to wealth and now I am ready to start my journey to the fastlane, I have never been so excited and decided to change my life, thanks MJ for this wonderful book.

Mr. Mango

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 12, 2019
Finished TMF yesterday. Defining the lifestyle I want and applying some of the NEEDS assessments (From CENTS framework) have has already started to push some of my bad ideas off the plate.

Jakes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 13, 2019
I read the MF two years ago and have been a silent member of the forum. It has been an amazing journey since then. Its time to give back to the community.

AdamB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Aug 1, 2019
Scotland
Listened to the book and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great being guided through the sidewalk and slow lane and realising that you know so many people who you could categorise into each.

Also, I would highly recommend using Audible to listen to books whilst driving. You have no idea how much idle time you spend in your car until you realise you have listened to a 13-hour audiobook in around a week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cryptocasper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 13, 2019
I have read half of book

In June I read half part and other part finished in my vacations in Turkey Kemer - I used to read it in sunshine and I am very motivated to continue more. I am a type who have a company and already knowed some things of slowwalk/sidewalk but reading the book it refreshed my knowledge and learned lot of new things. I have made mistakes in the past so I will contribute in forum to help also to ask because I am trying to recover hardly and get retired before 35-36 :)

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
I've read the TMF ! I didn't sleep the night I read it! Until then I thought the only way to get rich fast is to create an App, make it a hit & then sell it to a Fortune 500 Company! The simple formula of wealth = profits x unit sold is eye-opening! To say it as a life-changing book is an understatement! Thanks, MJ for your good work!

G

Guest70495

Here's my experience.
I picked up the book after what I consider "I've made it".
I am already in the top 0.8% of tax bracket in my country and have all the time in the world to read.
I was already on the Fastlane path since I was 17.
My turning point is something personal, but you could say a tragic event in my teens made me determined to never work 9-5, ever.
Yes, I've failed a lot of times, I've worked years without buying anything for myself.

Now, I often lack the motivation to set up more passive income streams for myself. I have diversified as much as I could, outsourced and automated all the daily tasks after I know for sure I have put in all the effort to fine-tune the process. But, honestly, I don't need to. I am really hard on myself, even today. The money I've saved up I can literally live luxuriously for the rest of my life.

But, yes if you are looking for a motivation, the fast lane absolutely works, I see so many things in the book which I can co-relate to. The turning point with the car when young, unexpected breakthrough with web design work to get sustainable income, turning that into something more, etc

conte

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 14, 2019
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
I read the Millionaire Fastlane in italian!

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
I just finished the book and loved it. It's one of the best written books I've read in a long time. About to start Unscripted and can't wait!

Puripong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
May 19, 2016
Already replied here, got an icon, and now the icon disappeared. Could you please take a look?

Hank

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
450%
Apr 16, 2018
Finished it a while ago, but refer to it consistently. I love the term "Treasonous Choice". It is a classic and hit me like a ton of bricks. I work with teens and young adults on topics they need to know entering this new level of life that faces them moving forward and have them read, if not the whole book, then at least the section on page 157 called THE ROAD TO TREASON IS ALWAYS OPEN
at the bottom of the page. (I have the old cover). Remember the definition MJ used for a TREASONOUS CHOICE-"actions that do irreparable harm to your life, your dreams, and your goals. The consequences of treasonous choices throw life onto unintended detours and hazardous roads that are difficult to escape and often times, permanent."
I'm 65 years old and have made 3 monumental treasonous choices in my late teens and early twenties that haunt me to this day. I teach the kids to use some foresight and try to picture how some of their life choices may turn out years ahead. Using foresight is a talent and something that needs to be practiced on many important life decisions we are faced with. Like MJ's decision to race that night, I put my students in that moment (because likely they will find themselves in a similar situation in days ahead) and try to convince them to stop just for a moment and think "worst case scenario", what may happen if you do get behind that wheel after a few drinks and have a friend in the car, you run a stop sign and a tractor-trailer slams into your car on the passengers side killing your friend but you survive with life altering injuries. Show them similar true stories and tell them to walk a mile in those shoes. Or, call Uber/lyft, and have the only thing to worry about is how to go get your car the next morning. If I can make them aware, maybe when the time comes, they will stop for a split second, think, use foresight, and choose to make the Uber call, I have succeeded.
MJ's choice could have been the end of his life at that time. I'm glad the Lord was with him that night, he was lucky. I'm certainly glad it turned out ok or we might not have this great book. KEEP USING FORESIGHT!
Peace,
Hank

latebird2day

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 17, 2019
Europe
I have read both books twice, and I'm sure I will get back to them again. Looking forward to read the discussions here (and hopefully contribute some day).

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Read it years ago and still read it every 6 months. No book has had a bigger impact on me.

Scocar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 17, 2019
Now that there are over 250,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
Read the book and thought it was insightful - which is why I joined the forum!

squallgoh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 23, 2019
I've read the Millionaire Fastlane . Heck, I listened to the audiobook, then read the book, and listened to it again. Really need to let all the gold sink in.

I started with Unscripted but I decided to finish TMF first. Now I'm re-reading US.

A few months ago I paid $2000 to attend a course on real estate investment. It dawned on me that while the idea had worked, it isn't gonna work now that several hundreds others have learned it and will be competing with me to find the few underpriced units in the city. But I learnt that the instructors have a fastlane mindset. They are just not teaching it. The principles are cool though. It doesn't take money to make money. So off I went researching to find my own way that fit the instructors' principles and Audible recommended Unscripted for me.

TMF and US are the books I have been waiting for. Tying up some loose ends at my day job. Learning HTML5 now to fulfill my CENTS idea - a LIMOS/Groupon hybrid bridging durian sellers and consumers. Can't wait til I'm able to focus on this fully

Berlin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 2, 2019
Loved the book so much that I also bought the audiobook to listen to it when driving to work. It is literally the first book that ever had a real impact on me and how I see my life.

SiuLung

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Aug 13, 2019
France
Just finished reading "The Millionaire Fastlane ". It was very insightful, and it allowed me to increase my self-awareness.

Why I am where I am today (meaning, not where I want to be):

- I have mistaken success as an event instead of a process. Wrong mindset to have. I won't achieve anything in the blink of an eye.
- Even though my perception of choices was good, it was not entirely right (because I had the wrong mindset). My actions didn't reflect my perceptions.
- Series of bad choices led me to where I am today. While some of them might have seemed insignificant at the time, I realize now, several years later, that they strongly diverted me from my goals.

I have now a clearer idea of what I need to do :

- Chase needs, not money. I made this mistake by trying to come up with ideas out of thin air and being selfish. Just today, I found 3 needs, just by changing my mindset. One from an ad sent by a real estate agent, another from a news report, and the last one from a plane show I went to today. I realize it's relatively easy. MJ gives you the code words in the book, but I would add something: if you notice people struggling with something, that's a need. Also, sometimes, people won't tell you explicitly what their need is. You have to find the underlying reason of why they do what they do, and switch from consumer to producer.

- I will act on the leverages discussed in the book to make whichever business I choose to go in a Fastlane business.

- I will avoid commoditization by having a sharp USP and translating features into benefits. I realize I made the mistake of not applying this rule for my most notable try and failure (Groupon venture for those who read my intro).

- I will NOT get into business doing what I love but what needs to be done. During the past few months, I tried to come up with a business ideas based on what I wanted to do (personal why). That made me unhappy because I couldn't find a personal why that would be marketable (how to market my dream of being free? difficult to answer, that's selfish). This point is a huge relief for me because I really struggled on this.

Last but not least :

I will make a point on reading the book every now and then to reset my mindset, because sometimes life get in the way and you get lost.

And most importantly : I'm going to read Unscripted as soon as I finish writing this post. Meanwhile, I'm going to start exercising my need-hunting skills. Once I'm finished with Unscripted , I'll stop reading motivational and inspirational shit. I'm done with this. The only books I'm going to read are those allowing me to learn practical skills that I can apply in business.

SiuLung

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.