The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BlahBlahBlah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 9, 2015
Ireland
Read it two years ago, best book I have ever had. Launched my business 10 months ago and I am loving every single moment of the process....never felt like I am actually working, more like playing a game all day long and looking for ways to win it! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gClaw

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 22, 2016
Michigan
I frequently seen this thread up towards the top of the forum and never paid much attention to it. Everytime I saw this thread I thought to myself "Helloooo, if you're here on the Fastlane Forum I sure as hell hope you've read TMFL!" Then, just now, I finally clicked on this thread and realized why it's often at the top of the forum LOL.

Anyhoo...

I purchased this kindle book probably a month ago, maybe more. Read it all over that first weekend. What an excellent read! Very well-written MJ, you're a great story-teller which keeps a reader like me with ADD tuned in. The last bunch of years I've been chasing money and it's been running the other way, eluding me. So, reading this book has realigned my mindset & I thank you for that wake-up call. Inspiring read for sure IMO. The 11th Commandment N-E-C-S-T pretty much sums it up brilliantly.

got the HAMMER DOWN!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
Just got done listening on audible. One thing Iwill need to do is to get it on hard copy, bbecause all day I have been thinking about things said and it would be nice to have the real thing to go back and reference

Obiwan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 15, 2016
Durban South Africa
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

Read it. Brutal, honest and not for the faint hearted. But if you read it, and you have the guts to say, OK boitjie (South African slang for a man, jock), you f*cked up, now face up to what you got to do, and do it. I've started, sold a property, and putting those little freedom fighters to work. On the face of it, it looks like I'm getting less than the rent I used to receive, but now I don't have Body Corporate levy's, don't have to fix the leaking toilet, don't have to replace garage doors that stupid F*cking tenants busted, so I'm actually making more money. Thanks MJ.

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
I read the book with a voracious mentality the first time after reading the first two or three chapters!

My brother is an active member of this community and after about a month of trying to tell me to read the book, I did, I wish I read it a month ago!

On my read through I took several notes of parts that spoke out to me, so now whenever I'm working on my ideas, I have a good resource to look back on!

one thought/mentality that really stuck to me is "Don't blame the circumstances, you are the circumstance"

Obiwan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 15, 2016
Durban South Africa
On my 3rd listen on audio and reading the paperback/kobo on every break. Time to apply and take action.
Make sure you do take action. I can vouch for the reality, I don't know what it is but as soon as you take action, real action, you start meeting the right people, obstacles become opportunities.

Sully1994

Business Development @ Sprout Social
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
I'm reading "The Millionaire Fastlane ". Read The Sidewalk and The Slowlane and got F*cking depressed. All those years wasted.
I've done all the junk MJ so brutally and truthfully exposes.
So at first you get pissed off, not at MJ, but at oneself.
Now I'm reading The Fastlane and getting some of my old enthusiasm back. So when I re-read this book, which I will, I will skip The Sidewalk and The Slowlane and get stuck back in to The Fastlane.
PS
I like your two concepts above.
I ordered the audio but I don't see it displayed anywhere on Kindle, anyone got any idea why?

Hey Obiwan! The audio will be found in your audiobook library at Audible.com. Just use your amazon login and password to access the site. If you can, definitely pair the two up at the same time. It's amazing to me how much easier focusing is when you have audio + visual paired.

Obiwan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 15, 2016
Durban South Africa
Hey Obiwan! The audio will be found in your audiobook library at Audible.com. Just use your amazon login and password to access the site. If you can, definitely pair the two up at the same time. It's amazing to me how much easier focusing is when you have audio + visual paired.
Thanks a "million" Sully1994. Just woken up, will go check it out shortly.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
About to get book. Still relevant today?

Yup, if it wasn't I wouldn't have written it -- I don't write stuff that is relevant for 2016, but irrelevant in 2017.

chathvac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 17, 2016
Mj, need you to contact me, don't know if you know, but you are losing money. Just need to send you one message. And if you don't care, dont reply.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Mj, need you to contact me, don't know if you know, but you are loosing money. Just need to send you one message. And if you don't care, dont reply.

The "contact us" button/link is listed at the bottom of this forum .

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I've read it 3 times. It's pretty much destroyed from writing notes in the margins, highlighting, and scribbling ideas down.

mjblackwood

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 4, 2016
I read the book before I joined this forum and I recently read it again just because it motivates me. I've already told about 10 other people to read it. Most shrugged off my recommendation but a couple people said they're reading it! Gotta spread the word ;)

thebusypro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 25, 2016
Read it and glad to be in good company with the members of this forum.
Next Steps: Continue refining a daily routine that yields action and redirects me back to the principles and steps any time I'm distracted by slow lanes and sidewalks.

Thanks for creating the message and the venue, MJ. You're pretty dope.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This thread is amazing. A steady stream of people who've read the book and saying how it's impacted their lives.

How does it feel to read these comments @MJ DeMarco ?

I suspect it never gets old to hear how you've helped people...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.