The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It doesn't make sense why someone would want to be a businessman

Anything related to matters of the mind
Status
Not open for further replies.

adnans

New Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Jul 18, 2020
UK
Why do you want to be a businessman? You know running a business and having a life outside of work don't go together right? It's basically selling your soul for worldly gains. Will you really be happy living in a soulless body no matter how much wealth you've accumulated?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
I'm running a business since april. I have more time than ever. Still making less than while I was working, but never been more free. And finally I have time to work out regularly so in best shape of my life as well. Can't complain.

If you start a business for "worldly gains" then the problem is in your brain. Nothing to do with business.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
You can end up as a successful but soulless businessman or you can end up as an unsuccessful and soulless somebody.

It depends on your personality and how you see the world around you. Not with the business itself.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Why just focus on business?
You might as well expand your reasoning to.... anything at all, really:

- You know being an athlete? They are in the gym a LOT. Like, sometimes twice a day. Plus practice.
All so they can win a game??? Idiots!!

- What about being a famous actor? Can you imagine all the effort, sacrifices and auditions to be famous and wealthy?
Don't do it, you'll have to start at the bottom!!

- What about being a great parent? Giving up all your hopes and dreams for a baby?
Stupid, why value kids over travel?!!!

- How about being a great artist? Could you imagine the hours perfecting your craft?
Dumb sacrifice, painting is stupid, so is music!

- Can you imagine making sacrifices to be any person of note at all? The blood, sweat and tears required?
Not worth it, risky!

Don't you people understand?
The way to be happy, is to do nothing, be nothing, accomplish nothing!!

No risks.
No sacrifice.
Don't work hard.
Don't believe in anything.

Then you will have all the time in the world to enjoy utter mediocrity while you complain to your friends.

Really @adnans why do anything difficult at all??

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Why do you want to be a businessman? You know running a business and having a life outside of work don't go together right? It's basically selling your soul for worldly gains. Will you really be happy living in a soulless body no matter how much wealth you've accumulated?

You right.

Later Fastlane Forum.

I quit.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I can argue the same for highly-paid professionals like lawyers, engineers and architects...

It's true some folks sell their souls to work. But surely there are some who can still free up lots of time?

Be it entrepreneurship or otherwise, I think it's important to devote enough time for work, as well as for family and personal growth. Of course, entrepreneurship does offer a lot more choices for that.

Yet, there are some folks (e.g. chefs and farmers) and hardcore entrepreneurs (see Elon Musk) who genuinely love their work so much that they spend most of their time with it. And they somehow don't get burnt out by it all. Something to learn from them...

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

Do you have any real questions?

adnans

New Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Jul 18, 2020
UK
I'm running a business since april. I have more time than ever. Still making less than while I was working, but never been more free. And finally I have time to work out regularly so in best shape of my life as well. Can't complain.

If you start a business for "worldly gains" then the problem is in your brain. Nothing to do with business.
Probably because it's not big enough yet?

adnans

New Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Jul 18, 2020
UK
Why just focus on business?
You might as well expand your reasoning to.... anything at all, really:

- You know being an athlete? They are in the gym a LOT. Like, sometimes twice a day. Plus practice.
All so they can win a game??? Idiots!!

- What about being a famous actor? Can you imagine all the effort, sacrifices and auditions to be famous and wealthy?
Don't do it, you'll have to start at the bottom!!

- What about being a great parent? Giving up all your hopes and dreams for a baby?
Stupid, why value kids over travel?!!!

- How about being a great artist? Could you imagine the hours perfecting your craft?
Dumb sacrifice, painting is stupid, so is music!

- Can you imagine making sacrifices to be any person of note at all? The blood, sweat and tears required?
Not worth it, risky!
Business is particularly problematic because it occupies your brain 24/7, which turns you soulless. Not all kinds of businesses ofc, but most of them.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Probably because it's not big enough yet?

What I meant by making less was, I choose to take out money as little as I need. Because I'm not in it only for the money, couldn't care less about stuff (a lot of people who work 9-5 earn money just to buy stuff to impress people they even don't like).

I'm also wealthier than I ever was. But that's not the point. Entrepreneurship can be extremely fulfilling. Freedom is the point, not money. But money can make you free. Can't see myself becoming a soulless dick even If I start making 10x more. Again, the problem is not running a business or being a businessman. It's just about who you are.

adnans

New Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Jul 18, 2020
UK
Yet, there are some folks (e.g. chefs and farmers) and hardcore entrepreneurs (see Elon Musk) who genuinely love their work so much that they spend most of their time with it. And they somehow don't get burnt out by it all. Something to learn from them...
Yeah take someone like Elon Musk. The man's like a piece of wood. Not a single interesting thing comes out of this mouth that isn't related to his field of work. He is the personification of the soullessness I am talking about.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Yeah take someone like Elon Musk. The man's like a piece of wood. Not a single interesting thing comes out of this mouth that isn't related to his field of work. He is the personification of the soullessness I am talking about.
So you waste your limited time on an entrepreneurs forum.. why?

Lets rephrase your original post:
Why do you want to be a downer? You know being happy and having a life outside of questioning a life you don't believe in don't go together right? It's basically selling your soul for being a troll. Will you really be happy wasting your time on a forum (trolling) no matter how many reactions you gained?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Why do you want to be a troll who feels his best use of time is to post dumb questions on an business forum filled with people trying to make something of their lives?

I can't imagine how miserable your life must be if joining this forum and posting this question was determined to be your best use of your time.

"Gee, what should I do today? Wait for my welfare check? Wait for my boss to tell me what to do? Play that new video game so I can feel some sort of meaningless acheivement? Watch BBC and let them tell me what agenda I should think and believe? Oh wait, I'll join that forum and tell them how soulless they are!!"

Clearly "soulless" is your own projection.

Unless you have a real question about business building, you're barking up the wrong tree.

And barking dogs get put down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!