The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much time would you spend on a project before leaving it if it doesn't make money?

How much time would you spend on a project before leaving if it doesn't make money?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Between 1 and 2 years

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Between 2 and 4 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 4 years

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019
There is much talk about effort, learning and adjusting, ... but sometimes it is better to recognize that the project doesn't work and start over. Although each project is different, when do you think this moment comes?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
How long is a piece of string?

It's less about a fixed time frame, and more about the average turn around for a similar project.
Imagine it takes the average reader one minute to read a page of a book, and you find yourself taking one hour. Even despite putting in sincere due diligence, then maybe it's time to move on.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
It depends, some projects requre a couple of years to start gaining momentum, others a couple of weeks . Don't make one size fit all

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I don't like using time as a metric for dissolving business ideas. Big ideas can take lots of time.

If I had a small idea (small potential), I wouldn't waste anywhere close to a year. I dissolved 5 or so business ideas in under 3 months each.

The biggest idea I have had (big potential), I dedicated 2 years to before I had to see some cash.

I assume there are really big ideas that take decades to pay, perhaps generations. I'm not there yet.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My real answer is... It depends.

The biggest of businesses require the biggest of sacrifices.

My public/private hedge fund could end up being 20 years in the making when I launch it. Why? Because I will have a well rounded track record of excellence needed to launch.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.