The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ippei kanehara Local Lead Gen Week 2 Update

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
So I know it isn't a friday...and it's been a week and a half since I last posted about it...but here's an update for you all.

Before I left for vacation in Florida I didn't hit the goals of prospecting / building out sites that I wanted to hit so I am going hard at it today.

That being said while I was on vacation, I had two people reach out to me out of the blue that I sent videos to previously with interest in what I can do for them.

That was a great Christmas gift for sure! I'll be closing one of the guys this week and the other one probably next week!

The group is very supportive as well, they did their promised live streams and still answered questions asked in the group even on Christmas day!

Safe to say I still think it's worth it.

I'll keep you all updated as best I can!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Got a late night text from a prospect I shot a video for. Setting a meeting for wednesday!!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Did you have to pay anything for this mentoring program?
Yes, It definitely wasn't cheap. But well worth it IMO...I'll have recouped the cost and start going net positive next month thanks to some of the recurring deals I've landed so far.

sigmapreneur

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 11, 2020
Yes, It definitely wasn't cheap. But well worth it IMO...I'll have recouped the cost and start going net positive next month thanks to some of the recurring deals I've landed so far.
I'm considering joining the program. That's cool you got deals going that quickly. Very exciting.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
I'm considering joining the program. That's cool you got deals going that quickly. Very exciting.
You should! I've got nothing but good things to say right now. The support is one of the best parts about it by far! Any question I've ever had along the way has been answered!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Update: Just landed another... Sorry I haven't been as active, but things are really going smooth on the business end! Don't wanna lose the momentum!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Update: Just landed another... Sorry I haven't been as active, but things are really going smooth on the business end! Don't wanna lose the momentum!
This last week was tough...no deals to report. Still have a solid recurring income however for a newbie. Just gotta roll with the punches I'm sure.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What are you selling and what kind of results are you getting for these clients?

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
What are you selling and what kind of results are you getting for these clients?
I do local lead generation. Currently I have websites in towing and tree service.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I do local lead generation. Currently I have websites in towing and tree service.
And you just started, right?

So how many leads have you generated for folks? I'm just curious because I see you talking about the money you are making. Are they paying per lead or a flat rate?

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
And you just started, right?

So how many leads have you generated for folks? I'm just curious because I see you talking about the money you are making. Are they paying per lead or a flat rate?
At this point over 100 altogther. I have some of my sites set up on google ads to help keep leads coming in while they rank organically. Currently on a commission basis of 15% to build trust. I don't mind, I'm a younger guy...I get their skepticism.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Still, first month, 100 leads. That's a strong start. Good work.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Landed a roofing contractor on a commission basis. Time to work on delivery!!

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
How much is it costing you to generate each lead?

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
How much is it costing you to generate each lead?
I'll figure out this one when I get the short term google ad campaign up. The website is still in the process of ranking. Eventually, once my site is ranked, the cost will be zero...just like my tree site.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
First roof installation came through.

$12,600 installation estimated

lead from a google ad campaign that funneled to my lead gen site.

cost to generate $400

I had some clicks and calls prior...but they weren't closed so instead of showing a cheap lead cost like some people would, that's the amount I spent before the guy landed a job.

My cut 15% ( $1,890)

So I spent $400 this month to end up with $1,890...a $1,490 profit overall. Not bad...hopefully I can get better.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
First roof installation came through.

$12,600 installation estimated

lead from a google ad campaign that funneled to my lead gen site.

cost to generate $400

I had some clicks and calls prior...but they weren't closed so instead of showing a cheap lead cost like some people would, that's the amount I spent before the guy landed a job.

My cut 15% ( $1,890)

So I spent $400 this month to end up with $1,890...a $1,490 profit overall. Not bad...hopefully I can get better.

How many leads, and did you or the client handle the call?

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
How many leads, and did you or the client handle the call?
10...half were definitely just those who were tire kickers/ wanted to know a "few months from now".

Clients handle the call. Sales/estimates should be up to them in my opinion.

If they can't handle customers properly or can't close...then I should just find somebody else who can.

In this market I should be able to rake in about 5k per month when in full swing. I would like to see a 30-40% closing rate from this guy to make it worth my time in the seo process.

brockzilla

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 2, 2013
Great job for taking action. I have a question. If you would of sold those 100 leads at say $25, which is cheap dor your niche, wouldn't you have made more money than selling on commission?

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Great job for taking action. I have a question. If you would of sold those 100 leads at say $25, which is cheap dor your niche, wouldn't you have made more money than selling on commission?
In this case no. Plus these 100 were spread through different niches.

From commission alone I'm making nearly double what I would have made selling them at that rate of $25. Most business owners hate flat rate leads anyway from my experience.

brockzilla

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 2, 2013
In this case no. Plus these 100 were spread through different niches.

From commission alone I'm making nearly double what I would have made selling them at that rate of $25. Most business owners hate flat rate leads anyway from my experience.
Interesting. Depending on your niche, do you think your clients would be willing to pay for a pay per appointment or pay per show lead and this way you don't have to depend on their sales skills?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Interesting. Depending on your niche, do you think your clients would be willing to pay for a pay per appointment or pay per show lead and this way you don't have to depend on their sales skills?

Oddly enough, I think a better way would be to churn the ones who take leads and can't close them. Sounds mean but if you've been sending leads to a guy for three months and he can't close them for shit, then maybe he's not a good partner.

sigmapreneur

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 11, 2020
How did you conduct your niche research and due diligence?

neofox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Feb 2, 2021
Did you have to pay anything for this mentoring program?
It costs about $5000.

I had a call with them and I was extremely disappointed with the sales person. I actually tried to figure out a way to get out of the call ASAP - it was that bad. Not pushy - just very disinterested in selling from the get go. Even a 10 year old running a lemonade stand can sell better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.