The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Investing in your education... !

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
The seminar isn't about business building, but about NLP. Btw, $3000 isn't the price of the event, it is less than that thanks to his discount.
HE'S NOT GIVING YOU A DISCOUNT. He's selling you an expensive ticket.

I could literally say that to anyone, "Oh, hey you know what I like you, I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse..."

This is for suckers, and you sir, are a big one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
on the same level as tony robbins at one point in his career
hugely discounted seat... I used all of my spare money (coming mainly from my product launch) to pay for the room and the airplane tickets. And now, I need to find those $2500-$3000 that are missing !
Started a crowdfunding campaign for my trip at GoFundMe and Generosity yesterday.
Applied for a loan, but didn't get accepted as I'm a student with close to 0 income.

Ho. Le. Sh*t.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

You said you want to help people be better educated? Physician, heal thyself.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
You're at a naive stage where you are about to get scammed for the first time in your life. It's okay, I was there not too long ago. It happens to all of us. 3,000 isn't too terrible much. But it is your life savings. After you lose it all then you will question everybody who gets in your way. You will learn to not give a crap about hurting people's feelings by rejecting their sales offers. Most importantly, you realize that you are the only one who can achieve success for yourself. Cancel the flight/room now. I did the same thing before I almost dumped all my money in an expensive condo. Cut your losses quick.

[edit] When we use the word 'scam' we mean somebody is selling you something even though you can't really afford it. They see you have money and they try to make the sale. They don't mean to hurt you. It's like a guy trying to sleep with a girl on a one night stand. You are that one night stand.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
"So he made me an offer that was in my budget, he didn't try to steal from me. And then, he gave me a "stretch goal", I guess as a test to see what I would do to get there."

This. This is what the carny says at the state fair to the gullible kid:

"How much for the shiny thing?"
"How much you got in your pocket?"
followed with a hard sell that the shiny thing is going to increase the chances for ... whatever.

You have some money. You have other avenues to learn from that are less expensive. If this guy was all that keen, HE would paying YOU to show up. Take a step backwards, don't let the exotic allure blind you to the end game.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
"So he made me an offer that was in my budget, he didn't try to steal from me. And then, he gave me a "stretch goal", I guess as a test to see what I would do to get there."

This. This is what the carny says at the state fair to the gullible kid:

"How much for the shiny thing?"
"How much you got in your pocket?"
followed with a hard sell that the shiny thing is going to increase the chances for ... whatever.

You have some money. You have other avenues to learn from that are less expensive. If this guy was all that keen, HE would paying YOU to show up. Take a step backwards, don't let the exotic allure blind you to the end game.
A lot of the lingo stays the same. Watch out for the phrases "as a test" , "how bad do you want it?" "If you were smart you would.."
**high caliber guy doesn't mean anything either. It's happened to me too. Sometimes the 'higher caliber' guy means grander schemes. It goes all the way up to the president.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I am helping students study better, and my vision is to change the educational system. I got a plan, but I need help to make it clearer...

So I spoke to a very high caliber guy 1 month ago (he was playing on the same level as tony robbins at one point in his career !) about my business, he wants to help me ! You bet I'm excited !

First thing he proposed to help me with was to get me a hugely discounted seat at a seminar he's doing in the US. He told me that this way he could see me for real and see "what I am all about" ! That's amazing, and his seminar seems very interesting and a perfect match to my interests !

So I set on a journey to get the funds to go to the US. The seminar happens in July, so I had 2 months to come up with around $5000 (this is a 3 week seminar).

I used all of my spare money (coming mainly from my product launch) to pay for the room and the airplane tickets. And now, I need to find those $2500-$3000 that are missing !

So here's what I did :
  • Offering the replays of a live program I did to my 1000+ subscribers list as a "try now pay in 3 days" kind of offer. Nobody took it !
  • Tried to sell seats at a workshop I was doing for free for my current customers (part of the package they had bought). Nobody bought.
  • Offering free personal coaching, then I pitched the people at the end into the replays of my live program. Out of the 8 who took the free coaching, one bought for a total of €67.
  • Reselling my old items I didn't use anymore. Sold a few of them, and made around 200€ more !
  • Applied for a loan, but didn't get accepted as I'm a student with close to 0 income.
  • Did a Groupon offer of my personal coaching for students who wanted to succeed their exams. Not even 1 person bought the offer !
  • Tried to ask current customers and the people who got my personal coaching for referrals. Didn't get any referral (I only have 13 paying customers as of yet).
  • Started a crowdfunding campaign for my trip at GoFundMe and Generosity yesterday.
So now I am starting to run out of ideas... And the trip to the US is becoming closer and closer, and I haven't yet paid for the seminar seats ! I only have the flight and a room :p

Do you guys have any ideas ? I want to make this a reality, and show him I was able to make it to the US !

Thanks a lot for your ideas !!! :D

a3d8e709cfbea33cd69ed1312cff58bed76b1b9ffec56a62fe9ea3b400f47e11.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
let's give him a chance.

OP has requested his account to be deleted. Apparently he's not interested in our opinions if they don't comply with is. Oh well, it's only $3,000.

BeFound Faithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Dec 19, 2015
Southern California
OP has requested his account to be deleted. Apparently he's not interested in our opinions if they don't comply with is. Oh well, it's only $3,000.

Be that as it may ("has requested his account to be deleted"), some responses I read could have been helpful to him if he were open, but they were also good for me to read and I imagine other people, too. Not a waste of time the way I see it.

For example grow your business by engaging with customers...getting more sales
Cash in on all the free information at your fingertips (great tip)
Learn how to determine what is the best investment of thousands..beware, chances are it's probably not a guy you met

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You would think that...

I will mentor you...

... for $3,000

is a red flag...

but history has shown...

It is not.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This whole thread had me baffled. I couldn't work out if OP was for real, or if he was trolling. Surely people don't really think like that? But I guess they do, and that's how people make their $3,000k per seminar teaching "business strategies" to people who don't have a business yet.

People can use the craziest logic to justify an emotional purchase.

I feel a bit sad to be honest... it's like watching a sheep trying to unlock the wolves enclosure to get in. But in the end it seemed there was nothing we could do to help. Some people need to get burned, and I can't be the first to throw stones here as I'm one of those people.

This line springs to mind:

"Wisdom is earned."​

My takeaway is that we tell ourselves stories to justify our decisions.

Be aware of the stories we tell.

(Also... can we even detect our own stories? Is it possible to see the frame if we're in the picture?)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

BeFound Faithful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Dec 19, 2015
Southern California
This whole thread had me baffled. I couldn't work out if OP was for real, or if he was trolling. Surely people don't really think like that? But I guess they do, and that's how people make their $3,000k per seminar teaching "business strategies" to people who don't have a business yet.

People can use the craziest logic to justify an emotional purchase.

I feel a bit sad to be honest... it's like watching a sheep trying to unlock the wolves enclosure to get in. But in the end it seemed there was nothing we could do to help. Some people need to get burned, and I can't be the first to throw stones here as I'm one of those people.

This line springs to mind:

"Wisdom is earned."​

My takeaway is that we tell ourselves stories to justify our decisions.

Be aware of the stories we tell.

(Also... can we even detect our own stories? Is it possible to see the frame if we're in the picture?)

LOL "I feel a bit sad to be honest... it's like watching a sheep trying to unlock the wolves enclosure to get in."

Laughing because ahh ok I've been there...

"Sure I'll help you" said the scam artist.

He helped us set up our business in Beverly Hills, provided state of the art make your own pizza pizza machine (don't laugh the back lot on Gower in Hollywood was using it at that time).

Come to find out when I looked for replacement part, the police responded to my inquiry. They had news to offer: One state of the art pizza machine stolen. Yes beware of deals from ready-to-help-you wolves in sheep clothes.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I feel a bit sad to be honest... it's like watching a sheep trying to unlock the wolves enclosure to get in.

I love this image. I have been to a MLM seminar (it was with a friend who is heavily invested in that stuff, I only went to hang out and visit Houston), and this is exactly what it reminds me of. As soon as you walk in, and they start "networking", a bunch of MLM gurus in suits start walking up to you asking for credit card and social security numbers. A wolf in sheep's clothing, perhaps?

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I hope OP realizes that in going ahead with this he's turned down advice from people who are real, verified digitial nomads on basically an endless luxury vacation, millionaires, people who sell through tens of thousands of dollars a month in product profitably, people who do or have owned Lambos, Ferraris, R8's, Maseratis, and so on...

all with ZERO MOTIVE to rip him off.

This "coach" is trying to get $3K from him.

We aren't asking for a damn thing but his consideration as we see him rushing headlong into an abyss most of us fell into without guidance and had to crawl out of without help.

FFS OP.

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Aaaaand he committed Internet suicide. I bet he'll go back to wherever he came from where people were telling him how great his opportunity was. Lmao

OP really did play himself.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
TBH some of the threads here are worth way more than majority of seminars from so called gurus

This thread, for example, which could save some poor soul $3,000-5,000.

Last edited:

samsara

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Mar 6, 2013
Mexico

Take one week off and read all the gold threads. $400
Books $500
Inside membership $100
Start your own business fund $4,000

Okay, here's your plan for a life changing event.

Join the inside.
Save up your money.
Go to the fastlane event next year.

Done.

TBH some of the threads here are worth way more than majority of seminars from so called gurus

Here's my litmus test:

Would MJ go on this $3k "strategic business seminar"?

Would @Vigilante, @AllenCrawley, @biophase, or @IceCreamKid ?

I outlined my logic in this post:

This Secret CPA Method + Ninja Traffic Tactics = $1,000+/Weekly

Lots of NLPers on this forum and there's NLP training online that's every bit as good as live for under $300.

Some of it offers ongoing support and Skype consultations. iNLP has NLP Practitioner & Master Practitioner training for around $300.

For $4k you can get train the trainer certified and have ongoing support and a network & brand name behind you + all of their marketing materials.

This tread worth more than $3,000 in mentorship

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
When I read the first post by the OP, I immediately thought I should tell him that the word "gullible" has been removed from the latest edition of all dictionaries worldwide.

Sadly,
Walter

nichiseven

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 1, 2016
Highly suspect that he wouldn't give out identifiers about the seminar. Felt a little like flirty fishing imho. Interesting thread anyway.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Highly suspect that he wouldn't give out identifiers about the seminar. Felt a little like flirty fishing imho. Interesting thread anyway.
Agreed. The first red flag for me was that the title isn't "Investing in MY education".

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
It really has been removed.

Seriously. Look it up.
You won't catch this old trooper as easily as that, but it would be interesting to know who fell for it. C'mon now, fess up.

Walter

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
You won't catch this old trooper as easily as that, but it would be interesting to know who fell for it. C'mon now, fess up.

Walter

I'd say I did. But then you wouldn't know if I did, or if I'm just saying I did to make you think I did. In which case: did I?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I'd say I did. But then you wouldn't know if I did, or if I'm just saying I did to make you think I did. In which case: did I?
I'm speechless (for once) so I won't reply.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.