The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro to Digital Marketing - Recommended resources

Marketing, social media, advertising

Simplify

Thrive
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
May 17, 2019
Ireland
Hi,

I am looking to scale my current product business and looking for a good starting point to learn digital marketing.

We have an ecommerce store and our product is selling well with limited marketing. It is a niche product so lends itself well to targeted advertising.

I want to learn digital marketing as I can then use this skill in future ventures.

Can anyone recommend a good udemy course or another reputable resource to learn the basics of digital marketing. I can dig into the specifics techniques later but for now I am looking for a good introduction. Any good teachers online or good courses?

Appreciate any recommendations

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi,

I am looking to scale my current product business and looking for a good starting point to learn digital marketing.

We have an ecommerce store and our product is selling well with limited marketing. It is a niche product so lends itself well to targeted advertising.

I want to learn digital marketing as I can then use this skill in future ventures.

Can anyone recommend a good udemy course or another reputable resource to learn the basics of digital marketing. I can dig into the specifics techniques later but for now I am looking for a good introduction. Any good teachers online or good courses?

Appreciate any recommendations
How have you currently been getting sales?

Where do your customers hang out online?

Are people searching for your product on Google or Amazon?

What else do people buy that indicate they’re in the market for what you’re selling?

How often do your current customers buy from you?

Do your customers refer their friends and family to you?

Are you B2B or B2C?

Simplify

Thrive
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
May 17, 2019
Ireland
How have you currently been getting sales?

Where do your customers hang out online?

Are people searching for your product on Google or Amazon?

What else do people buy that indicate they’re in the market for what you’re selling?

How often do your current customers buy from you?

Do your customers refer their friends and family to you?

Are you B2B or B2C?
Yea we have dropped 2 products. 300 units stocked for each product and both sold out within a week of getting the stock. Our customers hang out on forums and there are communities around the the niche online. This is a B2C business. In terms of repeat sales I'm not sure yet but we have only dropped 2 products as a tester . As they were well received we want to order more inventory from the manufacturer and do more marketing and advertising.

Simplify

Thrive
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
May 17, 2019
Ireland
I bought a 15 dollar udemy course on digital marketing as an intro to the landscape and will go through it over the next week. Seems like a good place to start plus a good skill to have

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
For Facebook, start with the Facebook Blueprint. It's a little technical and only 30% of the lessons will be applicable to you, but it's a great way to learn about the possibilities of the platform. FB/IG advertising is kind of a must.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
@eliquid ... where's your thread?

Here's some Google Ads stuff too:

Thanks Andy,

It's here. Here is mine:

Sophie_Leonard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 26, 2019
UK
Digital Marketing is the most powerful form of marketing. It is a very good platform to reach your targeted audience in a cost-effective and measurable way. It provides benefits to businesses of all sizes.

You can study “Digital Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide” by Neil Patel. It is the best guide to start with. The guide includes the details of digital marketing with some good examples.

Also, you can opt for the “Digital Marketing Institute”. It’s a very good platform for learning Digital Marketing.

Chip01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
For Facebook, start with the Facebook Blueprint. It's a little technical and only 30% of the lessons will be applicable to you, but it's a great way to learn about the possibilities of the platform. FB/IG advertising is kind of a must.

Is this the one on Udemy by Diego Davila?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.