The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Intro to Digital Marketing - Recommended resources

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Simplify

Thrive
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 17, 2019
Ireland
Hi,

I am looking to scale my current product business and looking for a good starting point to learn digital marketing.

We have an ecommerce store and our product is selling well with limited marketing. It is a niche product so lends itself well to targeted advertising.

I want to learn digital marketing as I can then use this skill in future ventures.

Can anyone recommend a good udemy course or another reputable resource to learn the basics of digital marketing. I can dig into the specifics techniques later but for now I am looking for a good introduction. Any good teachers online or good courses?

Appreciate any recommendations

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi,

I am looking to scale my current product business and looking for a good starting point to learn digital marketing.

We have an ecommerce store and our product is selling well with limited marketing. It is a niche product so lends itself well to targeted advertising.

I want to learn digital marketing as I can then use this skill in future ventures.

Can anyone recommend a good udemy course or another reputable resource to learn the basics of digital marketing. I can dig into the specifics techniques later but for now I am looking for a good introduction. Any good teachers online or good courses?

Appreciate any recommendations
How have you currently been getting sales?

Where do your customers hang out online?

Are people searching for your product on Google or Amazon?

What else do people buy that indicate they’re in the market for what you’re selling?

How often do your current customers buy from you?

Do your customers refer their friends and family to you?

Are you B2B or B2C?

OP
OP
Simplify

Simplify

Thrive
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 17, 2019
Ireland
How have you currently been getting sales?

Where do your customers hang out online?

Are people searching for your product on Google or Amazon?

What else do people buy that indicate they’re in the market for what you’re selling?

How often do your current customers buy from you?

Do your customers refer their friends and family to you?

Are you B2B or B2C?
Yea we have dropped 2 products. 300 units stocked for each product and both sold out within a week of getting the stock. Our customers hang out on forums and there are communities around the the niche online. This is a B2C business. In terms of repeat sales I'm not sure yet but we have only dropped 2 products as a tester . As they were well received we want to order more inventory from the manufacturer and do more marketing and advertising.

OP
OP
Simplify

Simplify

Thrive
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 17, 2019
Ireland
I bought a 15 dollar udemy course on digital marketing as an intro to the landscape and will go through it over the next week. Seems like a good place to start plus a good skill to have

The-J

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
For Facebook, start with the Facebook Blueprint. It's a little technical and only 30% of the lessons will be applicable to you, but it's a great way to learn about the possibilities of the platform. FB/IG advertising is kind of a must.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2013
Louisville - Kentucky
@eliquid ... where's your thread?

Here's some Google Ads stuff too:
Thanks Andy,

It's here. Here is mine:

Sophie_Leonard

Contributor
Dec 26, 2019
UK
Digital Marketing is the most powerful form of marketing. It is a very good platform to reach your targeted audience in a cost-effective and measurable way. It provides benefits to businesses of all sizes.

You can study “Digital Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide” by Neil Patel. It is the best guide to start with. The guide includes the details of digital marketing with some good examples.

Also, you can opt for the “Digital Marketing Institute”. It’s a very good platform for learning Digital Marketing.

Chip01

Contributor
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
For Facebook, start with the Facebook Blueprint. It's a little technical and only 30% of the lessons will be applicable to you, but it's a great way to learn about the possibilities of the platform. FB/IG advertising is kind of a must.
Is this the one on Udemy by Diego Davila?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
It's definitely possible, although it may not be feasible right away. I'm from the U.S. but have...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Amazing book! Actually I bought it, before I joined the forum and it motivated me to join...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock