The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Interested in how to start a SUCCESSFUL Blog or make one better?

DebtFreeDr

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 13, 2021
Louisiana
I've become inspired by @Valier diary of his success starting his YT channel. Reading through all 11 pages of comments plus his well documented updates has helped me tremendously recently start my own channel.

It's made me want to share my success I've had starting a blog from scratch and getting tons of Free organic traffic from Google.

Because of this blog, I've been able to connect with several other companies that I've worked for with one I now exclusively work with that pays me close to SEVEN figures a year (this is in addition to my salary I make as a doctor).

If this would be something you guys are interested in learning, specifically how I've accomplished this + the steps I continue to use each day, please let me know.

If I get enough feedback, I'll record a video of my screen to show you the process.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco for putting this forum together and please keep writing your books.

I'm able to share what I'm learning to my two teenagers as well.

If parents don't teach kids about $$$$, who will?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Enjoyed your summary of Who not How in the blog. Fantastic book, also one of the best I've read this year. Simple concept that causes massive shifts.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'm all ears.

EDIT: I'm all eyes. (More accurate, but just doesn't have the same ring to it.)

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
That is an incredible result. Anything you can tell us about your process would be appreciated.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Following

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I took it upon myself to shoot this video of my screen of how I perform keyword research for my blog along with the tools I use.

I hope this helps.....
Good stuff. I appreciate you taking the time to do this and your spirit of giving back.

I now exclusively work with that pays me close to SEVEN figures a year

Would you feel comfortable telling us a little more about this? How did this connection get made? Did you approach or did they? How was that figure arrived at? Is it a set amount or performance based?

I understand if you don't feel comfortable sharing. My team and I just started a project in a different industry and I'm looking at how to monetize it. Here's my thread if you are interested.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Following.

About to “start” my own blog. (Well, more like copy/paste lots of content I’ve strewn all over the Internet.)

I’ll likely run ads to articles too.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Following.

About to “start” my own blog. (Well, more like copy/paste lots of content I’ve strewn all over the Internet.)

I’ll likely run ads to articles too.

Great to see all these bloggers, good luck with your project and would be awesome to see how it goes down the road. I was in the 2nd wave of travel bloggers in 2010 and I still have 3 blogs up that produce a lot of introductions and open doorways in so many ways.

Also thanks Doc for the post, loved the video and really like your site.

DebtFreeDr

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 13, 2021
Louisiana
Good stuff. I appreciate you taking the time to do this and your spirit of giving back.

Would you feel comfortable telling us a little more about this? How did this connection get made? Did you approach or did they? How was that figure arrived at? Is it a set amount or performance based?

I understand if you don't feel comfortable sharing. My team and I just started a project in a different industry and I'm looking at how to monetize it. Here's my thread if you are interested.
@BizyDad , the group reached out an approached me. I vetted them for a year, met person to person during last summer when we were shut down from seeing patients in Louisiana (I'd drive over to Dallas).

The figure was taken from the "average" formula in the capital raising for real estate industry.

I'd never done this before but had a fairly large email list.

I simply started emailing out deals I was personally investing in and if people wanted to invest alongside me, I'd connect them with the General Partner running the syndication.

In 9 months, I've raised $15M.

It seems, after talking to others that are in this space, it takes YEARS to get to the point where someone is raising $1M/year consistently.

It seems that once again....God has blessed me.....I'm just along for the ride attempting to provide value whenever I can.....

Hope this helps and reach out with further questions.....

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
@BizyDad , the group reached out an approached me. I vetted them for a year, met person to person during last summer when we were shut down from seeing patients in Louisiana (I'd drive over to Dallas).

The figure was taken from the "average" formula in the capital raising for real estate industry.

I simply started emailing out deals I was personally investing in and if people wanted to invest alongside me, I'd connect them with the General Partner running the syndication.

It seems, after talking to others that are in this space, it takes YEARS to get to the point where someone is raising $1M/year consistently.

It seems that once again....God has blessed me.....I'm just along for the ride attempting to provide value whenever I can.....

That's really cool. I had a feeling it was something like that, and it makes me question if I shouldn't've gone into the finance niche after all.

Ah well, that could be next.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Congratulations on your success so far.
During your due diligence, did you clear with a securities lawyer whether you are at risk for raising funds? Do you need accreditation? I’m not sure how it works in the US, but in Canada this is a regulated industry to protect “the little guy”.

DebtFreeDr

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 13, 2021
Louisiana
Congratulations on your success so far.
During your due diligence, did you clear with a securities lawyer whether you are at risk for raising funds? Do you need accreditation? I’m not sure how it works in the US, but in Canada this is a regulated industry to protect “the little guy”.
Yes, I met with their attorneys and am now a GP in their firm.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Yes, I met with their attorneys and am now a GP in their firm.
You missed my point. You need your own securities lawyer to tell you “are you fine selling securities to your list?” Or will the SEC come down on you and force you to repay every investor who lost money because you weren’t a “exempt market dealer”? I am a developer in RE in Canada and speak from first hand knowledge, but only in Canada. Maybe in the USA it’s a Wild West for raising capital like that… here as a GP you could have massive contingent liability.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.