• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

BOOK Influence: The Pyschology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

Discussion in 'Book Reviews, Discussion, Analysis' started by MJ DeMarco, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,015
    Thank God for Audible. I've been listening to it during my hour and half drive every morning and evening. So far, I'm finding it very interesting and an easy listen. Just realized that leaving my job is going to put a real hurt on my reading plan.

Frank H. likes this.
  2. Frank H.

Frank H. Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $272
    Same here! I enjoy listening to my audiobooks when commuting because I get to observe the beautiful scenery and surroundings. Sometimes I feel that the iPhone is a terrible invention, and other times I feel it is a $35k masterpiece (in 90s value). iPhones have a ton of value for their price if they are harnessed correctly and you put the right content in your feeds. By the way, what chapter are you on?

3. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,015
    Just started listening Monday, so not too far into the book yet. Just learned about offer and retreat...that sneaky Boy Scout. :)

4. Frank H.

Frank H. Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $272
    Yeah, whoever came up with that Boy Scout script is clever. I'm currently on Chapter Two, intending to finish the book soon. My favorite part in the book is when he talks about the "automatic tapes" that we have in our mind and are unaware of. Another interesting cognitive bias is that many people perceive expensive items as being good. Good listen so far.

5. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,276
    ima finish this book but damn it is a SLOG to read through.
    There's lots of interesting stuff but damn this guy needed a better editor lol, so wordy!

6. Ernman

Rep Bank:
    $2,015
    Still working my way through this book but, OMG! To learn why compliance pros have had their way with me all these years is scary. It's fascinating to have this explained based on scientific study and understanding. If I only remember a quarter of this - and put it to work on offense or defensive - it will easily make the purchase price worth it. (is that too many "it" in one sentence?)

7. dknise

dknise Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,426
    My Rating: 5 stars out of 5 stars
    :star::star::star::star::star:

Format:
    Audible

Read it.
    Then go read Presuasion.
    Then go read Yes!

Bonus points for reading Win Bigly by Scott Adams

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.