The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Get Rich, by Felix Dennis

For any book discussion

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Ha I would put health first as without health you can't serve your family well (or enjoy it).

Thinking of priorities isn't ignoring all other priorities. This means that when my family (say my kid) needs me, I'll sacrifice my health. But I prioritize my health for both my family and me! Hence the order of priorities.

When it comes to happiness, I know that when I was poor was unhappy with being poor. And I know people with $100M+ net worth who are bored and unhappy too. Happiness does not correlate with wealth, it is an internal thing. For example, your discomfort club bring me happiness and costs me nothing. My first car brought me freedom and happiness too but cost less than a race bicycle I recently bought.

It is hard to be happy without family, friends, health or money. I keep thinking back to Steven Covey's 7 Habits book... That's one of my all time favorites.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Wow! The reviews I wrote in 2019 feels like 10 years ago.

Anyway, this is the book promotions the late Felix Dennis did many years back.

[Youtube] How to Build a Business Empire by Felix Dennis at the London Business Forum

My favourite quote from the video:
My favorite is the last 2 questions when he tells the girl who has a convolutedly phrased question 'The trouble is she has been to university, and I can tell that immediately.' followed by the guy who asks a basic straight to the point question 'Oh perfect, that is a brilliant question.' :rofl:

Besides the point, but the fact he worshipped Jim Slater and Robert Maxwell left an icky feeling in my mouth considering I loved the book.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Besides the point, but the fact he worshipped Jim Slater and Robert Maxwell left an icky feeling in my mouth considering I loved the book.
Why that "icky feeling"? I'm curious.

Remember Cardinal Virtues in his book? I'm going to list what's relevant in this conversation:

1. Persistence
2. Self-Belief
3. Trust Your Instincts

Perhaps Felix Dennis might meant he worshipped those people due to the virtues?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.