The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm going to wash windows for money tomorrow for the first time in my life. Any tips?

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
Introducing to you...

THE WINDOW WASHING MOBILE 1.0™
View attachment 48271

I think I would have died of cringe if I didn't do at least something slightly productive and with @Prdgy's idea of getting a transport-vehicle in mind that I wasn't able to shake off ever since, I guess the bike just happened?
I gotta say though, MAN DOES IT LOOK CHEAP HOLY F*ck BAHAHAHA.
Nice!!!! I'm glad I could get you thinking of some stuff that will help you. Put that bike to good use man! And good job making 145 today! Your story inspires me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Today has been raining the whole day (and will continue so) so I didn't go out or use my bike. But I had a job (90€) scheduled and my mom drove me the way to the city.
I came into the store and the customer says "Oh Today not. It's raining. It's not sunnyyyy!! I also thought you'd come yesterdayyyy xD"

"But we scheduled it today. Not just that, but the windows literally have a cover, they don't get wet or anything"

"Yehghhhh, but it's not Sunnayyy!! XD
Cmon, leave me your number and I'll call you when I need it"

I've been slacking on the company's registration but I am going to fill the shit out of the formular today.
The next time this shit happens, they pay regardless.

I am currently on the train. This customer wasted my time and my mom's effort.

EDIT: After feedback from @BizyDad and careful thought, I decided to change some words (you should still be able to read the og text in bizydad's reply)

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
@piano Be nice to your customers. :hilarious:

If someone causes you trouble repeatedly, stop providing services to them, or adjust the agreement so that you are getting paid on a predictable schedule.

In business there are going to be plenty of things that don't work according to plan. If you allow them to impact you negatively and you get frustrated, you lose.

Always think long term. Always maintain a professional approach.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Today has been raining the whole day (and will continue so) so I didn't go out or use my bike. But I had a job (90€) scheduled and my mom drove me the way to the city.
I came into the store and this bitch says "Oh Today not. It's raining. It's not sunnyyyy!! I also thought you'd come yesterdayyyy xD"

"But we scheduled it today. Not just that, but the windows literally have a cover, they don't get wet or anything"

I've been slacking on the company's registration but I am going to fill the shit out of the formular today.

I am currently on the train. This dumb cow wasted my time and my mom's effort.

It sounds like there's a fair bit of miscommunication going on. Whose fault is that really?

Next time, call ahead to confirm.

As entrepreneurs, it is easy to blame other people when there's problems. You're blaming the customer.

But there was a problem, and there's another solution to consider.

And maybe the solution is you force people to pay for a job that you did not do.

But consider how that works. Even just asking puts you in a negative light. And considering you work door to door, you don't think this lady talks to the other store owners around her?

While we're on the topic, hopefully you weren't too aggressive in your talk with her. Because again, that reflects on you. All she has to do is tell a few more store owners around her that she doesn't trust you or thinks you're aggressive, and you just lost out on potential five or six accounts.

You don't have to be a pushover in business. I'm not suggesting that. But there are ways to speak to people where you can be firm and gentle. And that is the kind of person people will respect.

Next time it rains, call first. You should be programming your customer's numbers into your phone anyway. And you should be confirming your appointments anyway. The day before you go.

Lastly, consider this is a business forum as well, not a locker room. The words you choose matter. Be professional, even here.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Thanks @heavy_industry and @BizyDad
But consider how that works. Even just asking puts you in a negative light. And considering you work door to door, you don't think this lady talks to the other store owners around her?

While we're on the topic, hopefully you weren't too aggressive in your talk with her. Because again, that reflects on you. All she has to do is tell a few more store owners around her that she doesn't trust you or thinks you're aggressive, and you just lost out on potential five or six accounts.

You don't have to be a pushover in business. I'm not suggesting that. But there are ways to speak to people where you can be firm and gentle. And that is the kind of person people will respect.
I wasn't agressive at all, although my face was stone cold the whole time and I didn't wish "have a good day" back, only "bye".
Next time it rains, call first. You should be programming your customer's numbers into your phone anyway. And you should be confirming your appointments anyway. The day before you go.
Yes. I think I will add a small contract/agreement for every job that gets scheduled/done.
"Cancelation fee 20€" "If the owner isn't at home/store and we won't be able to do the job, we'll get paid regardless" "Etc."
I gotta see if that's however possible.
Lastly, consider this is a business forum as well, not a locker room. The words you choose matter. Be professional, even here.
You're right. I'll choose milder insults from now on.
I guess I didn't really know how to vent with the situation. I quite honestly wasn't even that angry, more like dissapointed and "tired" in a sense.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
I guess I didn't really know how to vent with the situation. I quite honestly wasn't even that angry, more like dissapointed and "tired" in a sense.
Get used to things not going according to plan.

Being angry, frustrated, or disappointed means you don't understand the problem well enough and/or were unable to predict a negative outcome.

Being angry and frustrated is your customer's job. You as a business owner are the one to come up with a logical solution to their problem, which will make their life better.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
AhHhHhhHhh...

UPDATE:

TODAY'S FEATURING:

-THE WINDOW WASHING MOBILE 1.0™ REVIEW
-PICTURES OF NAKED LADIES
-REPORT FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS
-MY QUESTION TO YOU: "SHOULD I GO OUT LATER?" (removed.)
-A NEW MILESTONE!
-I MET THE GERMAN ANDY BLACK (I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING)

Preface:
Last week was Easter and I didn't go out. I only really started again a few days ago (Thursday).
Also, and especially for the people from the future, I now have another thread running simultaneously:

THE WINDOW WASHING MOBILE 1.0™ REVIEW

I went to another small city last Thursday and Friday and used the THE WINDOW WASHING MOBILE 1.0™ for the first times.
Something that I did not think was that the rear is SO GOD DAMN HEAVY. Like, riding that shit could count as its own leg-day:inpain:. Like, that rear weight has serious competition with Kim Kardashian.
Oh, my average speed? Probably 7-10km/h (4-6mph)...
Like, I'm literally riding the hills up at 3km/h (I walk faster without equip, heck, even with) and often times have to stop and push it up the hill because it's so terribly heavy and because I don't want to get a heart attack/burst/whatever or faint and also blablablabla. However, I'm glad I have it, because it allows me to get to spots where I couldn't normally get to (unless a 2-3-hour commute sounds good). It also works fine and the police haven't stopped me yet BAHAHA. It is however scary riding fast-driving streets. But hey, it's working and making my life a lot easier! At least time-wise...

PICTURES OF NAKED LADIES (@heavy_industry)

I don't want to write at which job I exactly witnessed that, so I'll just write it here, anonymously!
I was at a residential job, and while cleaning, I needed to remove a nude picture of somebody. Like, there was shadows and stuff, but you could see enough...
I really like this side hustle.

REPORT FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS (PART 1) + I MET THE GERMAN ANDY BLACK + NEW MILESTONE

Thursday:

I drove to another city I hadn't been to yet that had a few small stores.
Objective: Stores

I arrived, locked my bike, etc and began moving. I wanted to pitch the butcher but there was a voice behind me.
"Heya, looking to make some money?"

Me replying "Yes sure! What kind of job is it?"
This guy looked like @Andy Black lol and I followed him to his flat.
He had just recently moved there and there wasn't any construction cleaning, so the windows were pretty damn dirty. We agreed on 72€ I think (?) and I began. I was thrilled! That was my first residential clean (iirc)!
While working, plumbers or something came and they just took my window washing solution (LOL) but I didn't mind.
While working I was talking with him and this guy asked me about my phone number. I told it to him, and we moved on, me working. A little while later he came back and told me to come to him.
This guy shows me a marketing strategy that I could use and explained it to me. He also explained me his philosophy regarding making sales/business, similarly to Andy Black. We had an awesome talk, and keep in mind this guy looks EXACTLY like Andy!!! I continued and he called me again and made me a flyer!!! WHAT THE HELL=??
He was working in a company with his category being "digitalisation" or something like that, so he knew a bit about marketing.
Anyways, that was awesome!
I finished the job and got a tip.
Total: 75€ or 80€

After that, I got a job at a pet food shop for 20€ or 25€.
While working, TWO women approached me, both RESIDNETIAL!! "!
I closed deals with both of them and finished the job. Later I asked her if she helped me, and she did!
W shop owner. Total: 20€ or 25€

Then I went to the other side of the city and did the residential job for 25€?
She seemed kinda all over the place.
Total: 25€

Then I went aaaaaall the way back (the hill) and did the residential job for 35€.
The house owner gave me a water bottle! Thanks!
Total: 35€

It was really late and it was raining really hard and so I went home. The landscape was beautiful.
Total-Total: around 160€

Friday:
I honestly am not even sure what the duck happened that day exactly. Ah, I remember!
I was walking around in the same city as the day before and wanted to pitch the remaining few stores.
I got a tip from a store, and so I went to a little shop and got a job for 15€. Something nice to start the day with! I might've gotten a tip, can't recall but I got free water! Thanks!
Total: 15€

I walked around and... it was pretty much it? However a man approached me and asked me if I could clean his transparent roof thing. I was confused but told him that I should be able to do that and told him 40€ for the 4 panels.
He told me that it was pretty pricy and I told him that "I don't do that everyday".
What I meant was that it's a rather special task, but he probably understood it as "Do it now and you'll be good for the next 6 months" LOL and he agreed!
My applicator got so god damn dirty, I thought I'd need to get another sleeve lol but after a bit of washing it actually looked okay again.
Total: 40€

After that, I drove to a suburb I scouted beforehand on Google maps.
I arrived and I knocked on my first door.
A woman came out and I awkwardly asked her about the grill-packaging in front of the door.
I pitched her and she said "I don't know, our dog makes quite a mess of that certain window" and I said, "Alright, I can see how that might not seem as lucrative, so how about I'll do that certain free of charge?"
She said that it was alright (no free of charge) and she agreed.

SHE AGREED. A RESIDENTIAL JHOB^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was the very first time I got a "REAL" residential job through d2d.

This basically took me 6 months. Half a year. THAT'S SO COOL.
Anyways, I did the job and she was pretty happy, had some small talk with the husband, pretty good actually.
Didn't work for too long.
Total: 56€

Then I pitched their neighbour and got rejected by a David-Bowie look alike. I went to the next houses but I heard a women call me in English.
Now, I was more than happy and glad to finally actually use my amazing English-skills for once and went up to her.
It was the David-Bowie house and I pitched them (again), basically removed their risk as much as possible and got to work. I had a lot of small talk with the family and learned a lot about them. The mom was really proud of me and got her eldest son and said "Here, look at this splendid young man, he's only 16!"
The boy was like "Mum, why?" :rofl:

The boys gifted me a bit of chocolate (which I glady ate, considering my 10kms way back home) and went home after knocking on a few other doors in the evening. Total 55€
One guy had "Choice" as him name and I pitched him "Heya Mr. Choice! I'll give you the choice of accepting an amazing window cleaning service".
He rejected and I think he felt offended:rofl:.

Total-Total: 161€ I think

Weekend:
My body was completely exhausted and I almost couldn't stand straight that Saturday, so I took that day off. Oh and the Sunday as well... But hey, I at least finished a school asignment, so I'd have more time.

REPORT FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS (PART 2)

Monday:

I wanted to wake up early, but woke up like 3 hours later than I wanted. Then there was the fact that I didn't plan my route, overthinking, etc. and I didn't go out that day...

Tuesday (yesterday, as I'm writing):
I woke up late (again) and only went out at 3pm. I wanted to do the monthly clean for the first Thai lady I mentioned on here. I arrived there but the owner wasn't there, but I got it anyways (thanks, other Thai Lady!) and even got a tip. While working, the store owner next door asked me and I said I'd come back to him after I finished.
Total: 20€ (15€+5€ tip = 20€)

(Listen carefully, I learned 2 lessons in the following job)
I went up to him and he had a lot of big windows. I told him that I take 4€ for every window, each costs the same. Why? Because that's roughly the average price of all big and small windows combined. Anyways, moving on. I counted up the many windows and he asked me if I could only do the big windows and not the small ones. I said sure and only realized shortly after that I f*cked up, because that's way too much work for 72€. Oh and not just that, but I added value before that as well! "Oh yeah, and I remove all dust and cobwebs as well".
So there I was, doing angrily my job (lol). I wanted to go the suburb where I got my first real residential sale, but it was already pretty late (4pm when I started the job) and riding 10km for only like 2 hours seemed a bit bad.
Anyways, I still did a good job and tried to hurry up and did it in around 1.5 hours.
He said he was impressed, showed me how his website gets customers and gave me 100€!
I was pretty happy haha. Well, he did get an awesome deal after all... Especially because he didn't need to remove 10m² full of books in front of the window because I had towels to cover the books with.
Total: 100€ (72€+28€ tip = 100€)

After that, it was already way too late to travel to the other city, so I went to a wealthy part of my city and knocked there!
It was pretty fun and might hear from a few of them back. My worry of my lack of humour is fading away more and more.
Anyways, there was one house with like 30-50 windows or something and I said 3€ per window and I got like 314€ as total I think? I was like "damn! You know I'm really empathetic, etc. How about if we do this and this and-" he cut me off and asked his wife what they pay.
What do you think? 60€

Like, HWAT FUTE THE0=?
60??? That's like way less than a buck per window. Also, these windows were really hard to reach.
I still can't believe what the F*ck I heard yesterday.
After that I knocked on another door and there was an elderly couple. We talked and talked and I gave them a price. I overheard them talking about health insurance whether they'd cover window cleaning costs (lol) and they said no. So I was like "So you guys are elderly and it's not that easy so I'll go with 3€ per window instead of 4€" or something similar to that.
I am sure I seemed scammy at times because I was pretty forgetting "Wait, how many windows did I say?" :rofl:
Anyways, said 84€ for the few windows and they were like "Wow, that's pretty cheap".
Meanwhile the 60€ guy...
Anyways, got an appointment next week after school.
However (AND I AM SO SORRY @BizyDad ) I forgot to leave them my phone number (so they could call if something changed)...
But hey, even if something goes wrong this time as well, I'll be way more chill and see it as my own fault.

Oh, and I quickly washed a few unreachable windows for one lady for 12€.
Total: 16€ (12€+4€ tip = 16€)

Total-Total: 136€

Wednesday (Today):
I haven't gone out yet because I decided to frickn finish this report oml.
My plan is to go to the first-residential-job suburb, but I think it's okay to go a bit later (say, 2pm?) because people work on Wednesdays lol.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and learned something in this report. It took me a while to write oh and feedback is very welcome!
Thanks guys for the continous support and help!

(and I REALLY hope I didn't forget anything in this post)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
AhHhHhhHhh...

UPDATE:

TODAY'S FEATURING:

-THE WINDOW WASHING MOBILE 1.0™ REVIEW
-PICTURES OF NAKED LADIES
-REPORT FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS
-MY QUESTION TO YOU: "SHOULD I GO OUT LATER?" (removed.)
-A NEW MILESTONE!
-I MET THE GERMAN ANDY BLACK (I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING)

Preface:
Last week was Easter and I didn't go out. I only really started again a few days ago (Thursday).
Also, and especially for the people from the future, I now have another thread running simultaneously:

THE WINDOW WASHING MOBILE 1.0™ REVIEW

I went to another small city last Thursday and Friday and used the THE WINDOW WASHING MOBILE 1.0™ for the first times.
Something that I did not think was that the rear is SO GOD DAMN HEAVY. Like, riding that shit could count as its own leg-day:inpain:. Like, that rear weight has serious competition with Kim Kardashian.
Oh, my average speed? Probably 7-10km/h (4-6mph)...
Like, I'm literally riding the hills up at 3km/h (I walk faster without equip, heck, even with) and often times have to stop and push it up the hill because it's so terribly heavy and because I don't want to get a heart attack/burst/whatever or faint and also blablablabla. However, I'm glad I have it, because it allows me to get to spots where I couldn't normally get to (unless a 2-3-hour commute sounds good). It also works fine and the police haven't stopped me yet BAHAHA. It is however scary riding fast-driving streets. But hey, it's working and making my life a lot easier! At least time-wise...

PICTURES OF NAKED LADIES (@heavy_industry)

I don't want to write at which job I exactly witnessed that, so I'll just write it here, anonymously!
I was at a residential job, and while cleaning, I needed to remove a nude picture of somebody. Like, there was shadows and stuff, but you could see enough...
I really like this side hustle.

REPORT FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS (PART 1) + I MET THE GERMAN ANDY BLACK + NEW MILESTONE

Thursday:

I drove to another city I hadn't been to yet that had a few small stores.
Objective: Stores

I arrived, locked my bike, etc and began moving. I wanted to pitch the butcher but there was a voice behind me.
"Heya, looking to make some money?"

Me replying "Yes sure! What kind of job is it?"
This guy looked like @Andy Black lol and I followed him to his flat.
He had just recently moved there and there wasn't any construction cleaning, so the windows were pretty damn dirty. We agreed on 72€ I think (?) and I began. I was thrilled! That was my first residential clean (iirc)!
While working, plumbers or something came and they just took my window washing solution (LOL) but I didn't mind.
While working I was talking with him and this guy asked me about my phone number. I told it to him, and we moved on, me working. A little while later he came back and told me to come to him.
This guy shows me a marketing strategy that I could use and explained it to me. He also explained me his philosophy regarding making sales/business, similarly to Andy Black. We had an awesome talk, and keep in mind this guy looks EXACTLY like Andy!!! I continued and he called me again and made me a flyer!!! WHAT THE HELL=??
He was working in a company with his category being "digitalisation" or something like that, so he knew a bit about marketing.
Anyways, that was awesome!
I finished the job and got a tip.
Total: 75€ or 80€

After that, I got a job at a pet food shop for 20€ or 25€.
While working, TWO women approached me, both RESIDNETIAL!! "!
I closed deals with both of them and finished the job. Later I asked her if she helped me, and she did!
W shop owner. Total: 20€ or 25€

Then I went to the other side of the city and did the residential job for 25€?
She seemed kinda all over the place.
Total: 25€

Then I went aaaaaall the way back (the hill) and did the residential job for 35€.
The house owner gave me a water bottle! Thanks!
Total: 35€

It was really late and it was raining really hard and so I went home. The landscape was beautiful.
Total-Total: around 160€

Friday:
I honestly am not even sure what the duck happened that day exactly. Ah, I remember!
I was walking around in the same city as the day before and wanted to pitch the remaining few stores.
I got a tip from a store, and so I went to a little shop and got a job for 15€. Something nice to start the day with! I might've gotten a tip, can't recall but I got free water! Thanks!
Total: 15€

I walked around and... it was pretty much it? However a man approached me and asked me if I could clean his transparent roof thing. I was confused but told him that I should be able to do that and told him 40€ for the 4 panels.
He told me that it was pretty pricy and I told him that "I don't do that everyday".
What I meant was that it's a rather special task, but he probably understood it as "Do it now and you'll be good for the next 6 months" LOL and he agreed!
My applicator got so god damn dirty, I thought I'd need to get another sleeve lol but after a bit of washing it actually looked okay again.
Total: 40€

After that, I drove to a suburb I scouted beforehand on Google maps.
I arrived and I knocked on my first door.
A woman came out and I awkwardly asked her about the grill-packaging in front of the door.
I pitched her and she said "I don't know, our dog makes quite a mess of that certain window" and I said, "Alright, I can see how that might not seem as lucrative, so how about I'll do that certain free of charge?"
She said that it was alright (no free of charge) and she agreed.

SHE AGREED. A RESIDENTIAL JHOB^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was the very first time I got a "REAL" residential job through d2d.

This basically took me 6 months. Half a year. THAT'S SO COOL.
Anyways, I did the job and she was pretty happy, had some small talk with the husband, pretty good actually.
Didn't work for too long.
Total: 56€

Then I pitched their neighbour and got rejected by a David-Bowie look alike. I went to the next houses but I heard a women call me in English.
Now, I was more than happy and glad to finally actually use my amazing English-skills for once and went up to her.
It was the David-Bowie house and I pitched them (again), basically removed their risk as much as possible and got to work. I had a lot of small talk with the family and learned a lot about them. The mom was really proud of me and got her eldest son and said "Here, look at this splendid young man, he's only 16!"
The boy was like "Mum, why?" :rofl:

The boys gifted me a bit of chocolate (which I glady ate, considering my 10kms way back home) and went home after knocking on a few other doors in the evening. Total 55€
One guy had "Choice" as him name and I pitched him "Heya Mr. Choice! I'll give you the choice of accepting an amazing window cleaning service".
He rejected and I think he felt offended:rofl:.

Total-Total: 161€ I think

Weekend:
My body was completely exhausted and I almost couldn't stand straight that Saturday, so I took that day off. Oh and the Sunday as well... But hey, I at least finished a school asignment, so I'd have more time.

REPORT FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS (PART 2)

Monday:

I wanted to wake up early, but woke up like 3 hours later than I wanted. Then there was the fact that I didn't plan my route, overthinking, etc. and I didn't go out that day...

Tuesday (yesterday, as I'm writing):
I woke up late (again) and only went out at 3pm. I wanted to do the monthly clean for the first Thai lady I mentioned on here. I arrived there but the owner wasn't there, but I got it anyways (thanks, other Thai Lady!) and even got a tip. While working, the store owner next door asked me and I said I'd come back to him after I finished.
Total: 20€ (15€+5€ tip = 20€)

(Listen carefully, I learned 2 lessons in the following job)
I went up to him and he had a lot of big windows. I told him that I take 4€ for every window, each costs the same. Why? Because that's roughly the average price of all big and small windows combined. Anyways, moving on. I counted up the many windows and he asked me if I could only do the big windows and not the small ones. I said sure and only realized shortly after that I f*cked up, because that's way too much work for 72€. Oh and not just that, but I added value before that as well! "Oh yeah, and I remove all dust and cobwebs as well".
So there I was, doing angrily my job (lol). I wanted to go the suburb where I got my first real residential sale, but it was already pretty late (4pm when I started the job) and riding 10km for only like 2 hours seemed a bit bad.
Anyways, I still did a good job and tried to hurry up and did it in around 1.5 hours.
He said he was impressed, showed me how his website gets customers and gave me 100€!
I was pretty happy haha. Well, he did get an awesome deal after all... Especially because he didn't need to remove 10m² full of books in front of the window because I had towels to cover the books with.
Total: 100€ (72€+28€ tip = 100€)

After that, it was already way too late to travel to the other city, so I went to a wealthy part of my city and knocked there!
It was pretty fun and might hear from a few of them back. My worry of my lack of humour is fading away more and more.
Anyways, there was one house with like 30-50 windows or something and I said 3€ per window and I got like 314€ as total I think? I was like "damn! You know I'm really empathetic, etc. How about if we do this and this and-" he cut me off and asked his wife what they pay.
What do you think? 60€

Like, HWAT FUTE THE0=?
60??? That's like way less than a buck per window. Also, these windows were really hard to reach.
I still can't believe what the F*ck I heard yesterday.
After that I knocked on another door and there was an elderly couple. We talked and talked and I gave them a price. I overheard them talking about health insurance whether they'd cover window cleaning costs (lol) and they said no. So I was like "So you guys are elderly and it's not that easy so I'll go with 3€ per window instead of 4€" or something similar to that.
I am sure I seemed scammy at times because I was pretty forgetting "Wait, how many windows did I say?" :rofl:
Anyways, said 84€ for the few windows and they were like "Wow, that's pretty cheap".
Meanwhile the 60€ guy...
Anyways, got an appointment next week after school.
However (AND I AM SO SORRY @BizyDad ) I forgot to leave them my phone number (so they could call if something changed)...
But hey, even if something goes wrong this time as well, I'll be way more chill and see it as my own fault.

Oh, and I quickly washed a few unreachable windows for one lady for 12€.
Total: 16€ (12€+4€ tip = 16€)

Total-Total: 136€

Wednesday (Today):
I haven't gone out yet because I decided to frickn finish this report oml.
My plan is to go to the first-residential-job suburb, but I think it's okay to go a bit later (say, 2pm?) because people work on Wednesdays lol.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and learned something in this report. It took me a while to write oh and feedback is very welcome!
Thanks guys for the continous support and help!

(and I REALLY hope I didn't forget anything in this post)
So funny the guy looked and acted like me.

I do that too when tradesmen come round. "How's business going?" while leaning against a door with cup of tea in hand.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Today (Wednesday) Update:

I rode to the city and wanted to see if I could find a faster path and took another path through the forest.

Big mistake.
I don't know where the F*ck I ended up and how but I somehow made it out alive again.
Took me 2x the time to get there.

So basically I was pitching from 3pm to 5pm and didn't get ANY sale. I did give my number to a few people, but other than that...
It was really tiring and I didn't flow as well as the last few times. Man, that shit sucked.

On the way back I got myself a chicken breast at a chicken-truck-thingy. Some Indian guy bought some as well and went past me while I was eating and he asked "Tasty?". I feel like he could've meant it sarcastically, but then again, HE EATS IT HIMSELF??
Anyways, I am really tired today. Couldn't practice piano for more than 10 minutes without completely losing my focus today. Later going to the gym as well and meditation. Man, that experiment is a$$.

I am honestly not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow...

edit: I pitched in German, English and French today lol

Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Man you need to teach me your sales skills. I'm actually really curios on what you do to get so many sales. I just heard "we already have a guy" everywhere.
Today (Wednesday) Update:

I rode to the city and wanted to see if I could find a faster path and took another path through the forest.

Big mistake.
I don't know where the F*ck I ended up and how but I somehow made it out alive again.
Took me 2x the time to get there.

So basically I was pitching from 3pm to 5pm and didn't get ANY sale. I did give my number to a few people, but other than that...
It was really tiring and I didn't flow as well as the last few times. Man, that shit sucked.

On the way back I got myself a chicken breast at a chicken-truck-thingy. Some Indian guy bought some as well and went past me while I was eating and he asked "Tasty?". I feel like he could've meant it sarcastically, but then again, HE EATS IT HIMSELF??
Anyways, I am really tired today. Couldn't practice piano for more than 10 minutes without completely losing my focus today. Later going to the gym as well and meditation. Man, that experiment is a$$.

I am honestly not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow...

edit: I pitched in German, English and French today lol

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
Man you need to teach me your sales skills. I'm actually really curios on what you do to get so many sales. I just heard "we already have a guy" everywhere.
Yeah!

@piano teach us your pick up lines, I mean sales tactics!

Looking forward to cleaning those windows!

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Nov 8, 2022
Check out his great d2d sales advice here.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
THE CROSSOVER IS HAPPENING

STARRING: @piano and @Subsonic

woooooshhhh

I met up with Subsonic in Frankfurt today.
Why?
He very desperately dm'ed me and told me that he'd commit a felony if I wouldn't help him.
I reacted with :Haha: to his dm and told him that I am the man.
We met up at Frankfurt Hbf and he came an hour late and went off with his car.
I quickly scouted the surrounding cities on Gmaps, found a pretty suburb and went there.

As we entered his car (that parked on an illegal spot :rofl:) I noticed his first flaw:
He dresses like a bum (sweatpants, some cloth jacket etc), or like a teenager would.
Anyways I told him some stuff and we arrived.
I'm not going into detail, but he did become better as we went on.
I got most of the leads (we both got 5 in total, but Subsonic believes it was 4) and he a few.
However no sale.
Although it shouldn't be surprising since we only arrived at like 7pm or smth and it was hella late.
Needless to say, I left him all the leads since that city was way too far away from me haha.
I realised that I'd need 2 hours to get home by train and so he drove me home (thanks!).
I gotta say tho, his driving skillz are kinda...

Well, it was pretty fun!

And to you Subsonic: Remember what I told you. Speak richer and maybe join a choir lol.

(Us on our way back, Frankfurt in the back)
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-20 at 21.14.09.jpeg

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022

woooooshhhh

Why?
He very desperately dm'ed me and told me that he'd commit a felony if I wouldn't help him.
I quickly scouted the surrounding cities on Gmaps, found a pretty suburb and went there.

As we entered his car (that parked on an illegal spot :rofl:) I noticed his first flaw:
He dresses like a bum (sweatpants, some cloth jacket etc), or like a teenager would.
I got most of the leads (we both got 5 in total, but Subsonic believes it was 4) and he a few.
However no sale.
Although it shouldn't be surprising since we only arrived at like 7pm or smth and it was hella late.
Needless to say, I left him all the leads since that city was way too far away from me haha.
I realised that I'd need 2 hours to get home by train and so he drove me home (thanks!).

Well, it was pretty fun!

And to you Subsonic: Remember what I told you. Speak richer and maybe join a choir lol.

View attachment 48432

This is just too awesome.

Good luck cleaning those windows boys!

@Subsonic please keep an eye on @piano . He tends to get dangerously distracted at work by all sorts of random ladies.

I never had this problem, I swear!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

woooooshhhh

Why?

However no sale.

Well, it was pretty fun!

View attachment 48432

You gave up the time and gave up the business?

My guy, next time charge for the consulting. ;):rofl:

I'm kidding. Or am I?

Either way, good to hear you helping another fastlaner...

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Update:

What happened since the last post:
I feel kinda disappointed for that, but I don't think I went out ever since. But hey...at least I kept up my experiment mostly...

Today:
I had a scheduled job planned. Right after coming home from school, got my bike and everything.
I went to the job and the lady said "We took care of that." and closed the door.
I pitched like 3 shops on the way back and one might be interested.
My mistake with the scheduled job was that I didn't give my phone number. I forgot about it back then...
But hey, it's my fault, god is just making sure I don't repeat this mistake with thanks to this experience.

Since school started again:
Weirdly enough, there is a lot of anxiety. I think it might be because I don't want to be know as the window cleaning kid in case I get "discovered" so to think. Life during the holidays without school felt like heaven compared to right now. Man, talk about fuel to work... As long as I'm in school, I'll be "motivated" to get out of there.

Hm, is it just me or is this post...odd? I feel like I am not making a lot of sense after checking what I wrote.
Either way, I actually don't know what I'll be doing today.

ps: @heavy_industry and @BizyDad , did ya zoom in on your pfp or am I just being dumb right now? Your pfps look different since today..?

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Introducing to you...

THE WINDOW WASHING MOBILE 1.0™
View attachment 48271
This is absolutely amazing. Really well done on figuring out a way to be more mobile on a budget.
Weirdly enough, there is a lot of anxiety. I think it might be because I don't want to be know as the window cleaning kid in case I get "discovered" so to think. Life during the holidays without school felt like heaven compared to right now. Man, talk about fuel to work... As long as I'm in school, I'll be "motivated" to get out of there.
This is a tough one, I can remember this judgement as well when I sold sweets to people during school break times. Just think about how much you're killing it right now. Losers will always find a way to try bring you down a rung.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
Weirdly enough, there is a lot of anxiety. I think it might be because I don't want to be know as the window cleaning kid in case I get "discovered" so to think.
All of your peers are endlessly scrolling through social media and wasting time, and you are actively taking steps to improve your life. Which one of you should be more ashamed of their behavior?

Edit:

If anything, you should be proud of taking action and conquering your fears.

All the sales experience that you gain now will pay off tenfold in the future.

@piano

ps: @heavy_industry and @BizyDad , did ya zoom in on your pfp or am I just being dumb right now? Your pfps look different since today..?
We've added more protein to the diet, hence the muscles got bigger.

Thanks for noticing!

Last edited:

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
You ever notice how you remember every embarassing thing you did, but none of the embarassing thing your fellow hominids have? Trust me, NO ONE CARES. Maybe you'll get teased a bit because bygones are bygones but nobody is going to care after 1 month tops. And you shouldn't even be ashamed of it. You're raking in more money monthly than they've ever made.

To put it in a better metaphor: Do you honestly think the people who are eating mcdonalds have any right to judge someone who lifts? What is of worth in a slowlaner's ideology that a fastlaner would bother listening?

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
You ever notice how you remember every embarassing thing you did, but none of the embarassing thing your fellow hominids have? Trust me, NO ONE CARES. Maybe you'll get teased a bit because bygones are bygones but nobody is going to care after 1 month tops. And you shouldn't even be ashamed of it. You're raking in more money monthly than they've ever made.

To put it in a better metaphor: Do you honestly think the people who are eating mcdonalds have any right to judge someone who lifts? What is of worth in a slowlaner's ideology that a fastlaner would bother listening?
Thank you for the encouraging words! I agree with you, it's a bit different in my case though. It doesn't matter how much you do or how intelligent/whatever you are if you're constantly surrounded by insecure, hypocritical people (my classroom). Maybe I'm wrong, but when you constantly get a certain identity shoven up your a$$ 24/7, it's tiring, no matter how wrong they are.
As this moment, all I'm trying to do is handling school and I honestly don't know if I can hold this up much longer.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I think it might be because I don't want to be know as the window cleaning kid in case I get "discovered" so to think. Life during the holidays without school felt like heaven compared to right now. Man, talk about fuel to work... As long as I'm in school, I'll be "motivated" to get out of there.
Who gives a F*ck?

If someone makes fun of you for cleaning windows then either give them a:

how much money do you make?
or
a punch to the face

either way it will shut them up.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
Who gives a F*ck?

or
a punch to the face

As I've said before, I feel like I'm reading the posts of the 15 year old Canadian version of @Johnny boy

You may be able to follow in his footsteps and start a lawn care company up there, but you will have to focus more on removing the snow rather than cutting the grass.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Who gives a F*ck?

or
a punch to the face

It's not about that. It's that certain classmates push their insecurities daily onto me for no reason because I fall out the line or however that saying is used. Trust me, you can't make them shut up unless you absolutely publicly destroy their image or use some other screwed up methods.
But I'm not here to discuss this with you. You may try to help me if you want, but I'd rather you to not try. It's my business and I just have to hold up long enough.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
630%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I think it might be because I don't want to be know as the window cleaning kid in case I get "discovered" so to think.
as a joke I tell new people I mow lawns when they ask what I do.

It will get funnier and funnier the bigger we get. I dream in the future we have locations across the country, and someone asks what I do. "I mow lawns" "Oh, sorry to hear that" "It's okay, I enjoy it".

I would love it if people made fun of what I'm doing more. Imagine how you would feel if you drove around in a car with 1000hp but it looked normal, and someone with a mediocre sports car rolls up and starts talking shit. You would be so happy. You would hope it happened all the time. That's how you should feel about what you do. You hope people mock you for it. The only issue is YOU don't believe. If you did, you would love when people doubted you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
as a joke I tell new people I mow lawns when they ask what I do.

It will get funnier and funnier the bigger we get. I dream in the future we have locations across the country, and someone asks what I do. "I mow lawns" "Oh, sorry to hear that" "It's okay, I enjoy it".

I would love it if people made fun of what I'm doing more. Imagine how you would feel if you drove around in a car with 1000hp but it looked normal, and someone with a mediocre sports car rolls up and starts talking shit. You would be so happy. You would hope it happened all the time. That's how you should feel about what you do. You hope people mock you for it. The only issue is YOU don't believe. If you did, you would love when people doubted you.

When asked what I do I say "I do those little Google Ads" (holding finger and thumb up a small distance apart).

Them: "Oh, I never click those ads."

Me: "Ok."

When asked what he did a friend always said he's a shepherd.

I may start saying that.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I came into the store and the customer says "Oh Today not. It's raining. It's not sunnyyyy!! I also thought you'd come yesterdayyyy xD"

I am currently on the train. This customer wasted my time and my mom's effort.

EDIT: After feedback from @BizyDad and careful thought, I decided to change some words (you should still be able to read the og text in bizydad's reply)
Well just more experience for you. This is very common when you are selling something.

Text again the day before to remind them. If they back out they will let you know.

High chance she flake out because she didn’t want to spend the money. At least we could avoid the unnecessary trip.

For every potential lead you need to grab their number to text or call them later. Giving your number does not work at all. If they say give me your name card, you say you will text them your contact details through whatsapp, and then you get their number.

2legit2quit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 9, 2018
young man, all i gotta say i salute you, and go get em tiger. DO YOUR THING YOUNG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
Thank you for the encouraging words! I agree with you, it's a bit different in my case though. It doesn't matter how much you do or how intelligent/whatever you are if you're constantly surrounded by insecure, hypocritical people (my classroom). Maybe I'm wrong, but when you constantly get a certain identity shoven up your a$$ 24/7, it's tiring, no matter how wrong they are.
As this moment, all I'm trying to do is handling school and I honestly don't know if I can hold this up much longer.
Totally get that, and I'm not here to patronise you because I don't know your full story; I'm just saying that this shit doesn't get any easier, you just get stronger. The same dumbasses that can't handle their own future today will be the same later, and it's your job to ignore them and not associate with them; if that means not having any real friends, I'd say that's fine too. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying to become anti-social, do not become a ideologic twat that can't have normal human interactions, sometimes it's just better to have a healthy distance of intimacy between what you purport and what you think)

I don't mean to paddle my own philosophical narrative here, but stoicism goes hand in hand with entrepreneurship. It forces you to have an internal locus of control over your emotions. Beethoven was deaf yet created pieces in his later years more beautiful than many that still had the gift of hearing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.