The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm doing 6 figures a month in Ecom. Looking for a mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Hey guys, I'm doing 6 figures a month from ecom on my own Shopify stores (Not Amazon or Ebay) and I'm looking for a mentor. If anyone here is willing to work together I'd love to pay someone for their time.

P.S. mods please delete this if it isn't appropriate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hey guys, I'm doing 6 figures a month from ecom on my own Shopify stores (Not Amazon or Ebay) and I'm looking for a mentor. If anyone here is willing to work together I'd love to pay someone for their time.

What are your specific goals? You don't have to go into the products you sell or anything. Revenue mark? Specific skill set? Etc? Looking to expand offline?

Once I know that, I'll see who I can reach out to.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Have you worked with anyone else on this forum in the past?

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
What are your specific goals? You don't have to go into the products you sell or anything. Revenue mark? Specific skill set? Etc? Looking to expand offline?

Once I know that, I'll see who I can reach out to.
Revenue mark. My goal is to hit $1MM a day this year.

Nope

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Last edited:

Ziad

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Dec 31, 2016
Canada
Revenue mark. My goal is to hit $1MM a day this year.

You currently make $100,000/month which is ~ $3,333 per day. Your goal means you have to increase your unit profit 300 times. Growing your business 300x will require some serious guidance and work ethic. It's never impossible, so good luck! :)

Edit: My bad, you didn't mention the specific figure you were making, but I assume you'd still require significant growth. :)

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
Is this part of some bigger strategy to get noticed on the forum? you meant to write $1000/month?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
You currently make $100,000/month which is ~ $3,333 per day.

He said he is DOING 6 figures a month. That, unless I'm very much mistaken, is turnover. There is a big difference between doing $100k a month and making $100k per month. I've had e-commerce businesses doing 6 figures a month and it is nothing as glamorous and prosperous as it sounds.

He could also, of course, be doing 900k per month as he only stated he was doing six figures.

@SweetTooth where are you located? That could have a bearing on a suitable mentor for your needs. Ramping up to $1m per day in less than 1 year is a huge undertaking regardless of your market and competition. Even if you were doing close to $1m a month that is a 30 fold increase in sales.

You could also usefully give an indicator as to where you expect this 30x increase to come from as all mentors have different skill sets. For example, if it is Google Advertising then you need to get into discussions with @Andy Black. Sales letters @SinisterLex, etc. etc..

At the moment there isn't sufficient info for someone to say 'Yes, I could help'.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
I worked with Sweetooth here in the past. It originally started off with me paying him when he was on rough times to do some side tasks (coding in shopify/clickfunnels) for me as he had the skills to complete them and the price was reasonable. In doing this for me he was able to see into my business (ecom) and see my back end and how things worked and I answered questions of his on how things worked and how he can get up and going as well in ecommerce.

His work was good enough so I prepaid him for extra funnels that he could build me down the road (I wanted to help him out and I knew at some point I would be able to use it) and all was fine. This was now getting into Christmas season and all hands were on deck running my ecom stores for Christmas and preparing for Chinese New Year.

After not speaking for a little while (things were just busy for each of us), he said he partnered up with someone and they were doing fantastic. He said they were making A LOT of money selling a product online. I was shocked and extremely happy for him, not many people actually do the work needed to win, this guy made it happen.

He said they (he and his partner) had a method of getting extremely cheap Facebook ads, but due to certain reasons his original star product had to be stopped and couldn’t run it anymore (think patents/China and he’s brand new to all this - common mistake). He tried picking up similar products but due to the nature of what he was selling his FB accounts kept getting shut down by Facebook.So I did two things to help him out of the hard spot: I mentioned to him we could work something out to let him send some traffic to my sites as I was in the process of building out an internal media buying team, but I didn’t have the details worked out just yet. Second, I introduced him to a supplier of Facebook accounts (who is a family member and thus the reason I trust and them as do many high volume affiliates who use them) per his request, so he could continue to run Facebook ads. I was not privy to their interactions but from what I heard things did not go well. That relationship burned up between them and left me in an awkward position with people I knew and trusted. Luckily my brother was a part of that team and I was able to save my face with them. They blacklisted him as a customer.

Sometime down the road found out that he has gone ahead and told his partner about me and my product and since had access to all my funnels and back end was able to copy it and started selling it himself. My partner and I confronted him about it. After a lot of back and forth over a week or two, he said he stopped running our stuff and we agreed to just cut ties with one another. We asked for a refund on the prepaid work as well that was remaining and just got the runaround, which has resulted in a pending charge-back for that remaining amount.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm doing 6 figures a month from ecom on my own Shopify stores (Not Amazon or Ebay) and I'm looking for a mentor.

Me: "Oh, I think I know how to help the guy. I can introduce him to my network."

Me "Haven't seen Allen post here lately...strange question..."

Me: "Hmm..maybe this is a just a weird question."

Are you sure?

We have supernatural powers. Clairvoyance.

Me: "Hell yeah, Finally Vig is reading my posts about the law of attraction and jumping on board!"

Yes he is full. He won't be participating.

"Something is going on here that I don't know about..."

his FB accounts kept getting shut down by Facebook.

They blacklisted him as a customer.

Sometime down the road found out that he has gone ahead and told his partner about me and my product and since had access to all my funnels and back end was able to copy it and started selling it himself.

#clairvoyance

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
@RazorCut my post was meant as, something doesnt seem right about OP.. and looks like that was just confirmed.

Last edited:

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
I worked with Sweetooth here in the past. It originally started off with me paying him when he was on rough times to do some side tasks (coding in shopify/clickfunnels) for me as he had the skills to complete them and the price was reasonable. In doing this for me he was able to see into my business (ecom) and see my back end and how things worked and I answered questions of his on how things worked and how he can get up and going as well in ecommerce.

His work was good enough so I prepaid him for extra funnels that he could build me down the road (I wanted to help him out and I knew at some point I would be able to use it) and all was fine. This was now getting into Christmas season and all hands were on deck running my ecom stores for Christmas and preparing for Chinese New Year.

After not speaking for a little while (things were just busy for each of us), he said he partnered up with someone and they were doing fantastic. He said they were making A LOT of money selling a product online. I was shocked and extremely happy for him, not many people actually do the work needed to win, this guy made it happen.

He said they (he and his partner) had a method of getting extremely cheap Facebook ads, but due to certain reasons his original star product had to be stopped and couldn’t run it anymore (think patents/China and he’s brand new to all this - common mistake). He tried picking up similar products but due to the nature of what he was selling his FB accounts kept getting shut down by Facebook.So I did two things to help him out of the hard spot: I mentioned to him we could work something out to let him send some traffic to my sites as I was in the process of building out an internal media buying team, but I didn’t have the details worked out just yet. Second, I introduced him to a supplier of Facebook accounts (who is a family member and thus the reason I trust and them as do many high volume affiliates who use them) per his request, so he could continue to run Facebook ads. I was not privy to their interactions but from what I heard things did not go well. That relationship burned up between them and left me in an awkward position with people I knew and trusted. Luckily my brother was a part of that team and I was able to save my face with them. They blacklisted him as a customer.

Sometime down the road found out that he has gone ahead and told his partner about me and my product and since had access to all my funnels and back end was able to copy it and started selling it himself. My partner and I confronted him about it. After a lot of back and forth over a week or two, he said he stopped running our stuff and we agreed to just cut ties with one another. We asked for a refund on the prepaid work as well that was remaining and just got the runaround, which has resulted in a pending charge-back for that remaining amount.

Hughjasle and his partner were bad news from the beginning when they told me that they worked with zen******* in the past. Teamed up with him and took mentoring from him. That should have been the first red flag.

He is constantly paranoid that I took his secret products that I'm not interested in. I don't want to touch XXXXXXXXXX from China (which Hughjasle got 7 of his customers into the Emergency Room for).

He also referred me into paying $1k for a Facebook account service, which I later would find out is his brothers. The service didn't work as promised so I guess they "blacklisted" me for complaining.

Once I started doing as good as him in ecom (which he had no part in helping me), him and his partner scammed me out of $5k by doing a chargeback on a service for funnels that was provided in October. They tried opening up a case with Paypal, and after Paypal sided with me they called their bank to do a chargeback on the card.

edited by Vigilante to remove personally identifying information

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hughjasle and his partner were bad news from the beginning when they told me that they worked with z********* in the past. Teamed up with him and took mentoring from him. That should have been the first red flag.

He is constantly paranoid that I took his secret products that I'm not interested in. I don't want to touch makeup from China (which Hughjasle got 7 of his customers into the Emergency Room for).

He also referred me into paying $1k for a Facebook account service, which I later would find out is his brothers. The service didn't work as promised so I guess they "blacklisted" me for complaining.

Once I started doing as good as him in ecom (which he had no part in helping me), him and his partner scammed me out of $5k by doing a chargeback on a service for funnels that was provided in October. They tried opening up a case with Paypal, and after Paypal sided with me they called their bank to do a chargeback on the card.

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
@Vigilante I've never worked with someone by paying them for mentoring or any type of mentoring for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!