The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you only click on one of my humor posts, click on this one!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Re: If you only click on one of my humor posts, click on this one

Jesse-

Seriously, that letter was funny. It was really, really funny. If more melodramatic life moments were read in a Charleton Heston voice the world would be a better place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

Have you watched the movie "Idiocracy"? That may be the answer to all your questions...

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

The wife and I rented it not more than a month ago....it's almost surreal :smxB: :nonod: :smxD: I'm only here for idea sharing, good questions and answers, and good times, I swear =) I don't want this to get into anything serious...it is, after all, the "fastlane funnies" section :-D

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

JesseO-

I certainly didn't intend to poop on your parade here.

Everyone has a different sense of humor.

Some like Andrew Dice Clay. Others prefer Gallagher. Or Dave Chappelle. Or . .

You get the idea.

Personally, I have always had a hard time with jokes that make fun of a whole group of people.

And I also have a soft spot for those who laugh at another's misfortune, when it's real (and not just a made-up thing, as andviv's jokes are).

My appreciation of humor has changed over my life. I still love Saturday Night Live, but not nearly as much as I did 30 years ago (or even 20 years ago). And it's always amazing to me when I rent a movie that I thought was *hilarious* 10 years ago, only to find it boring, or just not funny to me anymore (Woody Allen movies have fallen into that spot, in the past 4 years, for me).

I love a good laugh.

Makes my heart sing.

Makes my eyes sparkle (or so I've been told).

Makes my cheeks hurt (laughing so much for so long that your cheeks hurt-- now that some major laughter!)

All to say, Jesse, no need to be ashamed or defensive for who you are/what you think is funny. If it makes you ROFLYAO, hey, that's cool. :)

The only reason I responded as I did was we tend to be more than just "buddies" on this site-- we actually share very real things w/each other.

Kinda like good friends. A good friend isn't afraid to tell you if they like, or don't like, the same things you do. They trust the bond of the friendship and have confidence that feeling different about something will not hurt the friendship (on the contrary, the openess and honesty makes it stronger).

So take this the same way. I tell you how I feel not to make you feel bad, or criticize you. Rather, I share these things with you b/c I respect you, and want you to know that my respect for you does not change b/c we find different things funny.

Hope that makes sense.

-Russ H.

PS Sorry for the seriousness. :) Back to funnies! :banana:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Musical humor (it's amazing how many songs use this chord progression!):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM"]YouTube - Pachelbel Rant[/ame]

-Russ H.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

Russ, I found the last two minutes really funny.... thanks for sharing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.