• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

NOTABLE! If you could only pass on one life lesson to everyone on this forum, what would it be?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Mr.C, Jan 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SWB

SWB Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $419
    Start young and never ever stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wisarut, rynor, Dmoneyzzz and 5 others like this.
  2. BaraQueenbee

BaraQueenbee tiny Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $6,393
    Thank you for openly sharing your vulnerable experience and lessons.
    Did you happen to come across the Machick's Complete Explanation method? I got that feeling a bit from reading it.
    Which is an amazing method and I hope many would know about it!

As to what my lesson would be:
    If you feel fear, that's ok.
    Be afraid and take action anyway.

Great thread, thank you!

3. Mr.C

Mr.C Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $760
    I haven't come across that method before, but thanks for mentioning it - hopefully it'll be of benefit to others who come across this thread in the future.

Thanks to all for their contributions so far - some very valuable wisdom being shared!

4. Elite

Elite Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $407
    Most people try to figure out every single step to get to a desired goal.

You do not need to know every single step, all you need to do is decide on a goal and set a date by when you want to achieve it.

Look 5 feet in front of you, do not get overwhelmed by looking at the end goal.

You must have a destination so you know where you are going.

If you don't have an end destination, it's like getting into a car without any idea of where you are going.

Instead, hop in the car, set your GPS to your end destination, and then focus on the 5 feet of road in front of you.

1) Decide what you want
    2) Next to the goal write a date by when you want to achieve it
    3) Read this goal every morning and night
    4) Take action

One of my favorite quotes:
    To get what you want you have to deserve what you want - Charlie Munger

Dameron, Wisarut, redplant and 7 others like this.
  5. Rockstar

Rockstar New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $25
    Learn! There is way to do everything you want. If you have some skills making money becomes easy. Everything is easy if you know how to do it

6. Kevin88660

Kevin88660 Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $1,060
    This is what I found to be the most important thing over the years. We live in an age of internet when it is easy to get really good information and advice.

Yet most people, including many in the self-help/motivational groups are not reaching their full potential, for the very simple good old fashion reason-not pushing themselves hard enough.

There are only three ways that humans get pushed to reach their potential. Strong desire. Pointing a gun at their head. Being nut.

The most ineffective way is through wants, desires and rewards. Because you have to take massive pain and sacrifice now! Which itself its a contradiction in the rationale mind. Most of us live in developed countries. Visualising six abs get you excited, but so what if you dont have. Visualizing a million dollar in the bank account is nice, but is it worth the painstaking nights, months and years of hustle when you are not starving now? When you try to rationalise the joy of massive success, you inevitablely face the objection of pain and comes to the rationale conclusion of giving up every now and then.

The second way that is more useful is to get someone to point a gun at your head. It will work. It is not a pleasant experience. And I am not sure on how to set up the arrangement.

The third way which I believe is more pleasant than the second way, is to develop a personality, value and identity that is more obsessive and sadist than the average guy. I use the words obsessive and sadist to call a spade a spade. Most successful people are born with it. They are hyper competative and have low threshhold for actions (always trying). These are not normal values or behaviour and thats why success is rare. Look at Mark Cuban, Travis Kalanick and Steve Jobs. Once you developed the personality, value and identity it is very difficult to be lazy. You find joys in the hustle like how a bodybuilder learns to be in love with fatigue and pain. You find massive pains when you competitors is kicking your a$$ (even when you are already rich). A military guy can accept that a batch of honor is worth a one whole week of pain in a hell week, and if you can rationalise that, it would be much easier to rationalise how working your a$$ off infront of a laptop in a much more cosy environment for more money makes far more sense and not worth bitching about!

Dameron, TheCj, Wisarut and 5 others like this.
  7. Lee H

Lee H Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $121
    My 1 lesson:

Wealth is a result not a goal. It is a result of success. Success comes from helping as many other people/entities as you can. If you have a job, you're only helping one person/entity - your boss/employer. So look how you can help as many people as possible and stop chasing money, it will only make you miserable!

8. Dustin Cleveland

Dustin Cleveland PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Hi I am new here. Eager to connect with like-minded people.

9. Dustin Cleveland

Dustin Cleveland PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    We are the chances future

10. WealthyMarketer

WealthyMarketer Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $270
    Read UNSCRIPTED

11. redplant

redplant Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $144
    I can relate to this. I used to fall prey to my obsessive thoughts and the compulsions to stop them -- usually by doing some inane rituals. You could say I have a bit of an OCD, but I've not been clinically diagnosed.

Anyway, the best thing is really to recognize that these thoughts and emotions don't define you. You always have a choice whether to act on them or not. I think, at this point, this is also the one lesson that I'd tell everyone here in the forum.

The good thing about this lesson is it allows you to have tremendous control over your influences. By recognizing that your some of your thoughts are not real, you can easily choose to let them go, not act on them.

Of course, I still struggle with this sometimes, especially with my fears, but it's easier to wait for the storm to pass when you know it eventually would.

SeanC, Wisarut, SMH and 3 others like this.
  12. Wisarut

Wisarut New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $71
    With energy and ability, great wealth comes even from small beginnings.

Thank you for taking your time too read this.

Dameron, Frank H. and Mr.C like this.
  13. Dmoneyzzz

Dmoneyzzz Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $186
    Failure is paramount to success! You cannot truly experience and appreciate success until you have failed (totally my opinion). Some try to avoid failure and believe this is the way to go. I would pass on the lesson to seek ways in which you can fail, so that you may know what does not work & also what else to try in order to get different results.

Dameron, astr0, Mr.C and 3 others like this.
  14. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $94,338
    We tend to make a big deal out of things. Life is an experience. Relax, enjoy, and move ahead.

GSF, domi99, jimmeboy and 5 others like this.
  15. LinorCG

LinorCG Business Building Warrior Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,923
    This just struck a chord in me - "Passion is expected, passion is now a norm. So whats the next level after passion then? Obsession!"

handog and Mr.C like this.
  16. Suzanne Bazemore

Suzanne Bazemore Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,911
    I really like this statement, because if I think like this, it will help me remember to enjoy the journey and not make it a chase.

SteveO likes this.
  17. Bonelli

Bonelli Books Junkie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $82
    Don't think your problems are new and exclusive to you! A person in the past has been through the same thing.
    (You can learn from them through history and classic books!).

Bônus: Take a look, just a look, at Meditation by Marcus Aurelius and you'll know what I'm talking about when I say they've been through the same worries and problems we do.

Mr.C and Suzanne Bazemore like this.
  18. Frank H.

Frank H. Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $287
    Put your full effort into whatever the universe gives to you!

Another one is to stop having likes/dislikes and be neutral on most issues. This will make you more mysterious.

Mr.C likes this.
  19. SeanC

SeanC New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $41
    Do more less dumb things.

Mr.C likes this.
  20. Johnny boy

Johnny boy Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,769
    You are unimportant-er than you think.

Your problems are small. Your obstacles are small. Your goals are small.

But you think they're big because they're yours.

My one lesson is to remove the attachment with yourself and see yourself from the honest perspective of someone else. Not "me", but "him". To see what others see because it is what others see that really changes anything. Want to sell something? Somebody else has to buy it. Want to date a girl? She must like something about you. Everything the world has to offer comes from the world so we must learn to see reality as the world sees it, not just as we see it.

It will allow you to empathize with people, make logical decisions, see the truth, be a better salesman, be more charismatic and attractive, be bold, have less anxiety and stress, worry less about the future. It will allow you to be like water and fit any situation. It will calm your mind and make everything you do twice as effective.

We all do the same thing because we live in the same world and unless something changes, we will continue to respond in a predictable and similar way to others. That is unless there is a change in our thinking or environment. And I cannot rely on my environment to change itself for me. How arrogant would that be?... I must change my thinking.

It will help you be bold and have less anxiety. You will realize that you are just one person. Your impact on this world will fade away. Even the universe will eventually end. It all turns to dust and we all die. You are small and nothing really matters, so nothing is worth worrying too much over. Is it really so bad to risk something? It's all going away regardless.

It will allow you to be more successful in business. If you can get inside the head of someone else that isn't you, then you can find a way to succeed. It's what I do with any plan to market or sell a product or service or how to grow any type of business. I put myself in the shoes of the customer, client or whoever is on the other end of the deal, and I think for a long time about what it's like being them. Where do they spend their time? How do they like to communicate? Where is their attention? Where will it be in 2 years? Is there some sort of hidden angle to take that will make everything easier?

But we live in a world full of narcissists. These narcissists are not people who focus on their appearance. Or people who focus on building up an instagram page. Or people who are confident. The narcissists are the 95+ percent of people who play it safe, stay in the lines, do what they're told, regurgitate cliche phrases they heard somewhere else, and stay in their small little worlds and live the boring life of a perpetual consumer until they die. Those are the narcissists and they are always afraid. They cannot get outside of their tiny little heads and their tiny little world to see how small they are, and that everything they want could be theirs if they learned to see from the outside in, instead of the inside out. Producer, not the consumer. The show, not the audience. "That guy", not "me".

Andy Daniels, SMH, GSF and 9 others like this.
  21. Tanu1234

Tanu1234 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $226
    Self love and self acceptance is key.

If you lack self love, no matter how much you achieve, you will feel failure.

Build strong foundation within and then grow.

( Reference book to read - how to heal your life )

I recently gave this book as gift to my friend and she kicked his abuser husband within 6 months. Really amazing and eye opening book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH and Mr.C like this.
  22. happybhoy

happybhoy Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $97
    You don't need permission.

SMH, Mr.C and handog like this.
  23. ideasunlimited1

ideasunlimited1 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $209
    You are not your mistakes.

Dreams are for sleeping, goals are for those who are awake.

Put the "ISH" in ambition: hustle, but with your own personality and purpose.

Mr.C likes this.
  24. ChrisGav

ChrisGav New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $12
    He who says he can, and he who says he can't are both usually right.

Mr.C likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.