The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Idea threads

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
I have a 3-4 year experience in the field of marketing and sales, with additional skills involving closing a deal, lead generation, cold-calling, building a sales funnel, etc. Can I start a business in any of the given field? Any other ideas to start a business in the marketing field?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

I have a 3-4 year experience in the field of marketing and sales, with additional skills involving closing a deal, lead generation, cold-calling, building a sales funnel, etc. Can I start a business in any of the given field? Any other ideas to start a business in the marketing field?
Are there problems to be solved in those fields?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

Honestly, if you have good marketing and sales skills (and actually DO have the skills, not just "experience" having a "marketing job"), then you should find something that was marketed poorly, buy the rights for it and start selling it with your superior marketing skills.

For example..

You find a toy...

golf gif.gif

Dope huh?

Let's say that is was marketed poorly and only sold in stores for a bit before getting booted out of the store and it's hardly being sold anymore.

You reach out, negotiate to buy the rights for it, and they sell immediately because they haven't been able to sell many of them.

Then, you throw together a video of it being used, pay some Instagram golf-related pages with a few hundred thousand followers some money for some sponsored posts, send traffic to a link to buy it, and bam, you have a business.

Another option...

Find a business that needs an updated to their marketing plan and partner with them.

Or...

Simply start a marketing consulting department

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The simplest start is to offer a service.

Check out www.TropicalMBA.com/services and www.TropicalMBA.com/consulting

Dennis Demori

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2016
You can start an online business with any of these skills

Pick ONE and focus on getting your first client ASAP

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
You can start an online business with any of these skills

Pick ONE and focus on getting your first client ASAP
Interesting, I was thinking of starting a lead gen website..but no Idea how it works. Any advice?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Interesting, I was thinking of starting a lead gen website..but no Idea how it works. Any advice?

You have experience in lead generation and at the same time don't know how it works? Are you a magician?

It's your lucky day mister magician, here's your starting point, it's a thread from @Andy Black that will help you get started. You can then use your experience in marketing and sales to build on this and create a thriving business.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
You have experience in lead generation and at the same time don't know how it works? Are you a magician?

It's your lucky day mister magician, here's your starting point, it's a thread from @Andy Black that will help you get started. You can then use your experience in marketing and sales to build on this and create a thriving business.
I have no Idea how LEAD GENERATION AS A BUSINESS MODEL would work. Sorry if You misunderstood what I meant. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have no Idea how LEAD GENERATION AS A BUSINESS MODEL would work. Sorry if You misunderstood what I meant. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
Lots of ways. Personally, I’d start by selling lead generation as a service ... aka being a digital marketing consultant. If you get consistent results for clients (maybe for a specific industry) then you could sell leads you generate rather than provide a service. I’d say providing a service is the simplest way to start.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Lots of ways. Personally, I’d start by selling lead generation as a service ... aka being a digital marketing consultant. If you get consistent results for clients (maybe for a specific industry) then you could sell leads you generate rather than provide a service. I’d say providing a service is the simplest way to start.
That's clear and concise. Thanks Andy! Also, I need to go through all of your recordings ASAP, looks pretty valuable.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I need to go through all of your recordings ASAP
Be careful of the phrase “I need”.

You don’t *need* to go through all my recordings at all. That’s you being (and staying stuck as!) a consumer. Just listen to that chat I had with @Contrarian for now.

This will tell you what you need to be in business:

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
With your marketing and sales skills, we can work together. I can give you a 50% discount or a reseller pricing of our SEO Services. Let's say our Level 1 Package cost $600USD and at 50% off you'll get $300 monthly. If you can bring us, 10 clients, you'll get $3,000 USD monthly then.

If you're interested, please PM for details.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
There are so many progress threads on marketing on this forum. Maybe start by reading some. If you only do what a bunch of people that don't know you tell you to do, you'll probably struggle a lot more than necessary.

Being an entrepreneur means thinking for yourself and finding your own way. Every business requires sales and marketing in some capacity. It's such a broad skill set that you can apply it to almost everything.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.