The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea feedback for a broken link checker

Idea threads

Would you purchase this type of a service?

• Definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Likely

• Maybe

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Not Likely

• Definitely Not

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Alan Bi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 25, 2019
Hi all!

I’m a senior in high school interested in entrepreneurship and was looking to start a new venture soon. I'm hoping to validate an idea I had for an SaaS that solves the issue of broken links on websites. I’ve noticed that a lot of sites, especially those with curated lists, link to sites that are no longer active. I'm looking to deal with this problem by creating a service that one can integrate with their website to detect when links become broken. The service will send a notification alerting the website owner if any link suddenly stops working and will redirect users to an archived version of that site if one exists.

On a scale from 1 to 10 (with 10 being highly likely), would you spend $5/month on a service like this, and if yes/no, why? If you have any feedback or questions regarding this idea, please let me know.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alan Bi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 25, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. @apacini I'd imagine it would be different in that it's a service that one could embed in their sites so that as users are browsing the sites and it suddenly detects that a link no longer works, it would ping the website owner about the broken link as well as replacing the broken link with an archived page so that users can still navigate to that page. @SamRussell mentioned Wordpress plugins that do something similar, although the one I found only replaces the 404 page whereas what I have in mind would ideally also work for external links (as is common on sites like Product Hunt) and non-Wordpress sites.

Do you think this would be enough to differentiate it from the competition? There are certainly a lot of link checkers out there and I haven't had the time to go through them all, so if there's already a service that does something very similar to this, please let me know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

apacini

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 25, 2019
Oxford, UK
Do you think this would be enough to differentiate it from the competition? There are certainly a lot of link checkers out there and I haven't had the time to go through them all, so if there's already a service that does something very similar to this, please let me know.

The added value would be to make it autonomous, without the need of human intervention, could be nice.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.