• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

GOLD I will help you find a product to sell on Amazon

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by biophase, Aug 21, 2017.

1. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $125,225
    It doesn’t look bad but how can you profit at $20? You would need get it for $7 landed. Do you think you can do that?

2. arcola

arcola Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $337
    This is really awesome +REP

3. A1988

A1988 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $123
  4. The EL Maven

The EL Maven No longer life's passenger Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $237
    Of course I'm not bio nor do I have his expertise, but I did buy a roller in the last year from someone importing, packaging and branding. They promoted through youtube, and had a lot of how to videos along with product reviews (which their own always won). From what I could tell, they were doing some good volume. It helps that the product is semi-consumable; they don't last forever, one bent needle and you're back to order more. This segment has a lot of generics to compete against, branding is key, and probably packaging, too.

A1988 likes this.
  5. A1988

Rep Bank:
    $123
    Hey @The EL Maven, thanks for taking the time to read my reply. I appreciate your feedback and will definitely keep that in mind. From what I see, there are only a few competitors. I'm totally new at this and like I said I have no clue about the regulations around this product. I will look further into it. Thanks, again!

6. Longinus

Longinus Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,687
    I'm sorry if I sound blunt, but this (among many other products posted here) makes me suspect you never did the slightest research about what he might consider a good product or not.

Maybe we can all learn something if you posted the pros and cons of your product? Would make it more interesting than just dumping a product and hoping for a green light.

Scot, MoneyDoc, NaPal and 1 other person like this.
  7. MoneyDoc

MoneyDoc Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,065
    If he did do the research he would find out that beauty equipment, specifically needle rollers, are restricted products that require certification, which is why a lot of the "chinese" listings are under the parent category "Industrial & Scientific". Amazon is slowly removing these listings day after day. Get the certification, get ungated in the right category, create a brand around this niche, and go for it. But do the research before you spend money only to find out your listing is taken down.

Roli, Argue, Walter Hay and 2 others like this.
  8. A1988

Rep Bank:
    $123
    Not a problem @Longinus...I'm sorry if I made it seem that way. You're absolutely right; I will add what believe to be the pros and cons of this product:

Pros:
    1. Lightweight (~ 2.5 - 3.2 oz, can be even less)
    2. Different needle sizes depending on location used (possibly create a bundle package to differentiate and increase price point -although still looking into the regulations).
    3. Doesn't seem like its too competitive to enter the market.
    4. Can cost up to 1-10 per unit.
    Cons:
    1. Not sure if first-time sellers can sell this product.
    2. Pricepoints are not that great selling the product alone.
    This is what I could come up with. In all honesty, I'm new at this, and I've been looking for a product for weeks. My intentions are not to take golden nuggets from others and just walk away. As I said earlier, I apologize if that seemed to be the case. I'm trying to understand how others look at this product so I as well can gain insight and expand my thinking skills.

I appreciate your feedback though; it made me realize the unexpected. I have learned a lesson from your response (expand and provide as much value in every post) I want to thank you for that!

Cheers.

9. NickC

NickC Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $359
    Just from looking most if not all on front page have 4.5-5 stars. Seems like the current ones on the market do the job well enough?

A1988 likes this.
  10. A1988

Rep Bank:
    $123
    Thanks @MoneyDoc!
    I appreciate your feedback. I figured it was gated. I need to extend my research and see if I can somehow obtain a certificate as you have mentioned.
    Thanks again!

11. A1988

Rep Bank:
    $123
    I appreciate your feedback @NickC,
    I was looking into creating some type of bundle package that can be used for the body as well, not only the face. My wife is an NP and she does botox and fillers on the side, she knows a little more about this than I do to quite honest with you. But ya, that was my idea, but now that I'm thinking about it, not sure what the margin and expenses would be to purchase that kind of bundle. Need to look into it more. Thanks for your feedback man, appreciate it!

NickC likes this.
  12. Ricky J

Ricky J New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $16
    Hi Bio,

I've got some products here, could you please advise any comments or the best products by your opinion:

1. Beard/hair growing cream, this one is the best selling on Asia, I have searched beard growing cream on Amazon listing, and there are several brands but no one have listed this brand.
    2. Multi purpose anti microbal spray. This spray helps to eliminate smell and bacteries from any products, e.g. shoes, hats.

Your review will be much appreciated. Thanks!

13. maverick

maverick Unorthodox Nonconformist Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,175
    Read this reply

14. Action Mike

Action Mike Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $216
    This is a great post. Thanks @biophase for posting it and replying to so many questions. It helps a lot to get more in the mindset of what to look for in a product.

If you have an idea for a more original product, not necessarily inventing a whole new item but a drastically improved and changed better idea, that isn't easy to source directly from someone and requires some specific uniquely made pieces do you have any suggestions that would help some one go down this path or is that something that should be pursued after getting experience with modifications of existing products or not at all?

Of course a more unique product is a lot more risky, costly and time consuming but if it is successful I would think it will be a more solid product to sell long term with less chances of a competitor copying your updates and selling the same product.

15. Roli

Roli Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,074
    I bought a self cleaning litter tray from Amazon about a year and a half ago, cat goes in, dumps, 5 mins later, litter tray clears mess away leaving no odour.

It's quite literally one of the best purchases I've ever made.

With the cover on it's too small for a pittbull or any other medium to large dog.

Magneto C likes this.