The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Invented A New Word. Add It To Your Vocabulary.

Anything related to matters of the mind

benjamin_orji

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 4, 2022
Is there a word to describe someone with a Scarcity mindset? This question was hovering in my mind for some minutes, so I decided to Google it. But I couldn't find any word that fits it.

I thought maybe asking ChatGPT would give me a specific answer. Here's our conversation:

Me
Is there one word for describing someone with a scarcity mindset

ChatGPT
Yes, there is a word that can describe someone with a scarcity mindset: "miserly." The term "miserly" refers to a person who is excessively concerned about conserving and hoarding resources, often due to a fear of scarcity. It suggests a mindset focused on lack rather than abundance.

Me
But some rich people are miserly but don't necessarily suffer from a scarcity mindset.

[Names like Warren Buffet, Charlie Munger, Ingvar Kamprad, and Carlos Slim Helu come to mind. They are not suffering from a scarcity mindset but they can be considered miserly.]

ChatGPT
You're correct that not all individuals who exhibit miserly behavior necessarily have a scarcity mindset. While the term "miserly" can describe someone who is excessively frugal or stingy with their resources, it doesn't specifically imply a scarcity mindset.

If you're looking for a single word that specifically denotes someone with a scarcity mindset, there isn't a widely recognized term dedicated solely to that concept. However, you could use descriptive phrases like "someone who has a scarcity mindset" or "someone who views resources as limited" to convey the intended meaning.

In Other Words...
There is currently no particular word in the English Dictionary to describe someone that suffers from a Scarcity mindset.

So I decided to create one.

The word?

"Scarcitist". Pronounced as: /ˈskɛərsətɪst/

I combined the word Scarcity and the suffix "ist" to form the word, since"ist" could be used to describe a person of a particular lifestyle, profession, mindset, or ideology.

So who is a Scarcitist?

A "Scarcitist" is someone who consistently perceives resources as limited, leading them to adopt behaviors and attitudes associated with scarcity.

A Scarcitist believes everything will finish one day – or there's just not enough. Simply put, a Scarcitist is someone with a Scarcity mindset and it's evident in the actions they take.

*A Scarcitst does not believe there is enough worthy business Idea. So he scampers for an already crowded market. Or he doesn't see the millions in the underserved market because to him to do not exist – or are too little.

*Scarcitist believes every company has the professionals they need, so no need of calling to find out if they needed your services.

Even when they find one, they charge as cheaply as they can because, hell, why would I lose this one client of the only one that exists in the whole world?

*A Scarcitist believes there is not enough money going around, so they hold tightly to the one they have and avoid taking any risk that involves money. Forgetting – or being ignorant – that trillions exchange hands every day.

Are you a Scarcitist?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

benjamin_orji

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 4, 2022
The only time you're permitted to be a Scarcitist is when it comes to time. Time is the only scarce resource. So you are permitted to be a Scarcitist when it comes to Time.

There are a million signals for spotting a Scarcitist, I encourage you guys to give examples of a Scarcitist and how it sabotages them in real life.

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Sorry, but what is the point of this thread??
Stop the action faking and get your hands dirty (I also hate your pfp).

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Some people focus their minds on scarcity.

This guy focuses his mind on minds focused on scarcity.

I'm not sure that's the way to become an Abundantist.

But hey, I invented a word. Better to be an Abundantist than a scarcitist, so everybody use my word and don't worry about his word.

Also, the OP's scarcitist mindset only invented one word.

Did you no there's no word for inventing a word? Until now. Since a wordsmith is a skilled user of words, a wordforger is an inventor of words. Shakespeare is an excellent example of a wordforger.

Well this has been fun. With my Abundantist mindset I can clearly continue to wordforge all day (hey look, I just invented a verb), but I have to get back to doing work that gets me paid.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.