The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to respond to haters

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
People who bring you down are just insecure about their own level of success.
Nod, agree and move on.

It's as if you were clambing a mountain and you were further on top than them, and they would try to pull you down because they are scared to keep climbing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
I don't recall having any girlfriends though.
Excuse me my therapist's waiting... :playful:

Girls just wanted to use me. I entered in too many relationships, too fast.

Sooo, my therapist is also waiting... :playful:

Okay, I guess I'll use this ludic moment to explore a little bit the topic of haters.

I was also bullied when I was a kid. I was bullied for being too smart(primary school), having acne(middle school), and being too poor(primary, middle, high school, and college, because I live in a dorm).

This never stopped. Then I was segregated because I didn't want to smoke drugs, and my school was basically infested by it. I've tried to change school, but my parents said "f you",and the school principal said: "the drugs problems need to be addressed with psychologists, not with the police".

So, 4 years later, there are still drugs there.

The years passed and things changed, but I live in a town with 2.5k's inhabitants, and in a school that serves 9k, so it was basically always the same people, and I've had always the same value for them: a shitty one, I were always shit. Only excuses have changed.

In college, one time all my ex-classmate from high school who were studying at the same place as me organized a dinner and they invited everyone except me.

So, basically bullying and hate never stopped.
Yes, I had friends. But most of the times to be with a person I liked, I needed to be with another person, who didn't like me.

When I went to college that problem stopped.

I didn't do anything: I was always the same person.

Because when it comes to haters: it's never about who you are, it's always about who they're.

In college, I am shit. I have bad grades. I don't speak to a lot of people(I am not rude with anyone, I just don't know a lot of people). I am much worse as a person, for my own judgement, because I am not as happy as I used to be. I am not as interesting, because I'm much less interested in people, and in life in general.
But people treat me better.
Why?
Because they're better people. They treat me like they should: as a normal human being with problems and shit to deal with.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
A wolf is a scary sight for a bunch of sheep.

I just dropped out of college. I was a 4th year sophomore. People thought I was crazy and talked shit, now they ask me how I did it. Funny how things work

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
How do you guys deal with the hate?

Ignore it, until you're successful, and they stick their foot in their mouths.

Nothing channels my drive more than people questioning me or telling me I can't do something.

My in-laws told my wife that starting my business was a bad idea. Fast forward 2 years and they are bragging about me to their friends.

Can't argue with success.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
G

Guest1413tpa

Two middle fingers in the air.

I kid. :rofl:

I tend to filter out the noise, and always listen to constructive criticism from people I know, as I enjoy a healthy discussion.

People tend to like that, its weird when I get into deep disccusions about things, where I have an opposing point of view.

I really don't care what people I don't know personally think about what I am doing. Its taken me a bit to get out of being scared of doing what I want.

However, want to know one of the most difficult parties to brush off?

In-laws and my parents. Just this weekend, I hadto deal with criticism of looking at buying companies, creating products, and investing in different areas over relying on the stock market only for wealth building. All from my father-in-law, who is a former trader from the 80s/90s.

Ignore it, until you're successful, and they stick their foot in their mouths.

I love this first line also.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.