The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to make 15-20K in 4 hours..EVENTS!

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
The only "major" event I have ever planned is my 10 yr HS reunion, and I BARELY broke even. That was after the golf course manager gave me a huge discount on the venue pricing. The mistake I made was not taking money upfront. So many people said they would be there and didn't show. I had probably more than triple the amount of catered food needed.

I have always been fascinated with large scale events, I love going to festivals and raves and seeing a huge event like EDC would take insane planning. We always had parties in college and would charge $5 per cup, but that was so small scale. I can easily see how this could be a fastlane endeavor if you scaled it up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lavi Fletcher

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 2, 2015
Sydney
Hey,

This looks amazing to be honest.

I'm starting university next year and am pumped to start something like this. There's 4 (different) university campuses near the one I'm going to and they're all near the city CBD so there will be a ton of potential attendees (all up there's like 150K people on all 4 campuses).

My only question is, what do you do for the party? What do you set up? Like lighting and what not. I don't know how I would actually make it an awesome place to be.

Thanks man

DKNJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 20, 2014
New Jersey
I've recently got involved with this type of business. I've invested in a couple concerts managed by my friend's company overseas. He began with doing little concerts at night clubs. Then did edm events. Now he's doing events over seas. The little I know is, the goal is to find the the right artist to book, find the right venue that will sell out (not too big and not too small). From what I know, it's tough to do it in the US because Live Nation or companies like Live Nation have some type of exclusivity rights to big artist so no one else can book them for concerts.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
On one of your pics you have Migos performing? For these type of events how much are you paying the performers (Migos)? I have a few friends here who are into promoting here in Toronto. I've thought of using Facebooks new local awareness advertisement feature to get tickets for these type of events.

Have you looked at eventbright,stub hub,groupon ect?

will post more later on this

G

GuestUser140

I will hopefully be able to use this and my experience to transition to the FASTLANE!
Just need to figure out how or find a product/niche..im thinking eCommerce,,
Im 3/4 through the book..i will start my progress thread when complete.
Any questions?
Wait.

You make a quick $2500 doing something fun, so now you're looking for an e-commerce fastlane?

$2500!

The plan's right in front of you. Read TMF with your background in mind, you'll know exactly what to do. More parties, bigger parties, outsource repetitive work.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
I have some questions for you. How do you handle the legal side of this? The cops here crack down on house parties for underage drinking and drugs and noise complaints. How did you pull that off? Legally there has to be the proper licensing, did you have any of that?

In vegas? that could be a crazyyyy amount of money made...remember i did it in a very small town. Population 110,000.
Vegas is where everyone goes.

As far as the legal side...
i started when i was in high school....alot younger than everyone else so i could of got in trouble my self from drinking and ect ,but building relationships with the cops really help. Some venues require you to have insurance and i always had cops and security so i never really had any problems. Also i didnt do House partys, you are just asking for trouble. If you rent a venue its a lot safer plus they take care of all the bar legal stuff and alcohol licensing!

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Yeah, I'd be interested to find out how you reach semi-professional artists/up and coming artists to attend shows. Do you have any tips for this? Me and a friend have been considering doing this as well.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
The only "major" event I have ever planned is my 10 yr HS reunion, and I BARELY broke even. That was after the golf course manager gave me a huge discount on the venue pricing. The mistake I made was not taking money upfront. So many people said they would be there and didn't show. I had probably more than triple the amount of catered food needed.

I have always been fascinated with large scale events, I love going to festivals and raves and seeing a huge event like EDC would take insane planning. We always had parties in college and would charge $5 per cup, but that was so small scale. I can easily see how this could be a fastlane endeavor if you scaled it up.

Should of sold tickets on this one so roughly a week or so before you should know how many to expect....but yes if you charged 15 to get in and maybe free drinks it would of been a lot better because not everyone wants to pay for drinks and some that didn't drink had a free party..plus when you hear free drinks everyone comes..

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Hey,

This looks amazing to be honest.

I'm starting university next year and am pumped to start something like this. There's 4 (different) university campuses near the one I'm going to and they're all near the city CBD so there will be a ton of potential attendees (all up there's like 150K people on all 4 campuses).

My only question is, what do you do for the party? What do you set up? Like lighting and what not. I don't know how I would actually make it an awesome place to be.

Thanks man

This depends....i would recommend getting started now with social networks ,adding people with the current classes and whomever [HASHTAG]#yourschool[/HASHTAG] or the other surrounding schools... check [HASHTAG]#blahuniversity[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#BU16[/HASHTAG] BU17 [HASHTAG]#BU18[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#bu19[/HASHTAG] along with what ever city,then search using the location search of instagram and follow the ones in that area...uh goto the sites social network and see who @ them or tagged them in stuff...just use your head! its plenty of tools out there...start tomorrow! You could be known before you even get there...(what i did while in high school) As far as setup i don't do anything, unless its a empty hall then i might setup a stage, usually the dj brings the speakers, equipment ,and lights and stuff... or the venue or building owner has them. You have to make sure not to over do the lights with the drinking..seizures are real...its really up to the dj to make it a awesome place ,but there is little side things you can do such as get cheap t shirts made with marketing on it and charge people, supply free drinks....eh glow in the dark stuff..you know think outside the box..

People dont realize how simple and easy it is...

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
I've recently got involved with this type of business. I've invested in a couple concerts managed by my friend's company overseas. He began with doing little concerts at night clubs. Then did edm events. Now he's doing events over seas. The little I know is, the goal is to find the the right artist to book, find the right venue that will sell out (not too big and not too small). From what I know, it's tough to do it in the US because Live Nation or companies like Live Nation have some type of exclusivity rights to big artist so no one else can book them for concerts.

This all depends on the artist...its best to book them early in their career before they get big record deals in which i was successful in doing so quite a few times.(keep contacts for booking managers) So we could bargain down prices if we needed them to come back...after they become really famous.. ill post more details and pics of this later..

You also have to remember to pick the right venue to accommodate the amount of people to actually make you money...price the tickets right also

Motley crue

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 28, 2015
Portland, ME
Something interesting I would definitely be interested in trying, and thanks for sharing. I'm curious though how did you advertise the event? Did your flyers just say party at club wherever? the way I understood you're post you're just throwing a house party but it's at a club. Did you, or do you figure you would've had trouble with buying/selling alcohol as you were underage? You also mentioned you never bothered with insurance, did the club cover your event? I'd be a little nervous hosting a party for 1,000 college age drunk folks without having some kind of insurance, but maybe that's just me.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Something interesting I would definitely be interested in trying, and thanks for sharing. I'm curious though how did you advertise the event? Did your flyers just say party at club wherever? the way I understood you're post you're just throwing a house party but it's at a club. Did you, or do you figure you would've had trouble with buying/selling alcohol as you were underage? You also mentioned you never bothered with insurance, did the club cover your event? I'd be a little nervous hosting a party for 1,000 college age drunk folks without having some kind of insurance, but maybe that's just me.

i think most of what he did was at venues, so the venue already serves alcohol (has a liquour licence) and will already have insurance.

so you're basically promoting the shit out of that bar.

its definitely not easy money to host a huge a$$ event. like that.. and most importantly you need to have the social network. that will take time to develop and grow. it depends on your personality and what you are use to.

my friend does this. I mean you really need to get into the whole "club" scene. my old friend has 5,000 people on facebook. but he also was a president of his frat.. after he graduated he really got into it and hes done well for him self.. but you gotta love/like that party life style.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Wait.

You make a quick $2500 doing something fun, so now you're looking for an e-commerce fastlane?

$2500!

The plan's right in front of you. Read TMF with your background in mind, you'll know exactly what to do. More parties, bigger parties, outsource repetitive work.

But im also a web developer/IT person...i want to go eCommerce so i could create daily income then i could back it with real estate and do party's on the side .....but now because of this thread im actually thinking of starting over out here on the partys...its way more people where im at now...

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Yeah, I'd be interested to find out how you reach semi-professional artists/up and coming artists to attend shows. Do you have any tips for this? Me and a friend have been considering doing this as well.

itunes....amazon...social networks usually spot these up and coming artist and you'll start seeing them alot more often ,then you just search for booking info...

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX

I had no problem dealing with alcohol as i said i was the youngest of the group for some time....they could always get it for me. Well the venue/club has insurance in case of anything bad....i was never really asked about it when using the venues.

.Well here is a few flyers for example..i have over 100 but these are the first ones i can find..
Flyer for migos concert...
1458572_891829240450_2114024217_n.jpg
flyer for back to school party and homecoming 1 and then the following year
1235042_10200646729439111_1331682945_n.jpg1383748_10200536737370371_12572441_n.jpg1908461_10202745284622672_124081278890696550_n.jpg

G

GuestUser140

But im also a web developer/IT person...
You could use that in your event company, you don't have to pay for web dev and don't need someone else to demonstrate payroll/bookkeeping apps. You could implement solutions to verify the cash registers are correct, etc.

Why do you need "daily" income? Whether you make $500/day or $3500 at the end of the week, isn't it the same?

Unless you haven't saved up enough cash and need to have money coming in daily to meet living expenses, but then I'd say a job meets that demand quicker than an ecommerce store.

So many are looking for an idea that meets demand, and you got one. I'd say get back into it, and use what you learn here to build a brand and scale it up. So much potential, people will be going to parties on Sat. night anyway, whether you're behind them or not.

You can still invest unused cash in RE whenever you like.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Did the performers cost a lot of money?

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
@MJ DeMarco this might be gold in the making here...

@sWALK90 what you did took some cahonies, and from it you got results.

Everyone popping in here to ask questions about the minutia of this or that and glossing over the details in the OP, think about what's happening here. You're getting caught up in the details, before you even start doing anything, then you'll think about it, maybe tell a friend or two about how "you're thinking of trying to maybe do this" and a shiny thread will divert your attention and you'll start asking that OP questions...

Reread the OP as many times as you have to until you can discern between why this guy's mindset is intensely more tuned to getting results than most peoples.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
i think most of what he did was at venues, so the venue already serves alcohol (has a liquour licence) and will already have insurance.
True

so you're basically promoting the shit out of that bar.
False, im promoting the shit out of my event,my brand,my name.....idc about the bar\venue..remember i dont make money off the bar..

its definitely not easy money to host a huge a$$ event. like that.. and most importantly you need to have the social network. that will take time to develop and grow. it depends on your personality and what you are use to.
my friend does this. I mean you really need to get into the whole "club" scene. my old friend has 5,000 people on facebook. but he also was a president of his frat.. after he graduated he really got into it and hes done well for him self.. but you gotta love/like that party life style.

Yea alot of people just join frats to be known, i thought about it and decided not to...i had already made a name for myself...

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
FASTLANE maybe? (Not my pic)

I haven't done numbers like this but just imagine if everyone paid at least $15

edmcrowd.jpg

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
@MJ DeMarco @MJ DeMarco this might be gold in the making here...

@sWALK90 what you did took some cahonies, and from it you got results.

Everyone popping in here to ask questions about the minutia of this or that and glossing over the details in the OP, think about what's happening here. You're getting caught up in the details, before you even start doing anything, then you'll think about it, maybe tell a friend or two about how "you're thinking of trying to maybe do this" and a shiny thread will divert your attention and you'll start asking that OP questions...

Reread the OP as many times as you have to until you can discern between why this guy's mindset is intensely more tuned to getting results than most peoples.

thanks

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
You said you got tired of the partying and girls...why do you HAVE to be present at the events?

To make sure everything is right.....would you just expect everything to go well and someone hand you over a random amount every night? Theres no way to tell if it is the correct amount or if you have been shorted....ive seen plenty of people steal and lie about stuff in this game..

Where the name Janky Promoters come from...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.