The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Have EFFORTLESS Motivation to Eat Healthy

ElChe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 17, 2022
Hey ya'll,

I wanted to make this post because I see people I know all the time have suboptimal mindsets for eating healthy/exercise/whatever.

I see them trying to do stuff like going on walks and keto and other "quick fix" type of things... That stuff isn't bad, and I'm sure it does make them a bit healthier... but I'm of the opinion that we should aim to fix the core of the issue. (though again, not trying to knock keto, obviously it works if done right)

I'm talking things like getting the best type of mindset, habits, and adequate knowledge of food. With the right knowledge you can easily stay healthy forever OR know exactly what to do to GET healthy quickly if you find yourself faltering.

It is kind of like the fastlane strategy-- do a bit of work right now, and reap the results forever without much effort.

Anyway, I wrote a guide a couple weeks ago where I analyzed the way that I eat food (it's easy for me to stay healthy, but not always easy to put my thought process into words to give as advice)... you can check it out here.

Hopefully you can find it somewhat useful.

(though keep in mind that although I am a certified "Health Tryhard", I'm not a certified nutritionist or anything. I'm just a healthy hamboi who feels he's got his health under control. :blush:... ...Okay look. My doctor said that I was "a very healthy boy" when I last went like a year ago, so I basically am an authority on this. Have you ever been complimented by your freaking doctor? Didn't think so. Read the guide. Or don't. Whatever).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hey ya'll,

I wanted to make this post because I see people I know all the time have suboptimal mindsets for eating healthy/exercise/whatever.

I see them trying to do stuff like going on walks and keto and other "quick fix" type of things... That stuff isn't bad, and I'm sure it does make them a bit healthier... but I'm of the opinion that we should aim to fix the core of the issue. (though again, not trying to knock keto, obviously it works if done right)

I'm talking things like getting the best type of mindset, habits, and adequate knowledge of food. With the right knowledge you can easily stay healthy forever OR know exactly what to do to GET healthy quickly if you find yourself faltering.

It is kind of like the fastlane strategy-- do a bit of work right now, and reap the results forever without much effort.

Anyway, I wrote a guide a couple weeks ago where I analyzed the way that I eat food (it's easy for me to stay healthy, but not always easy to put my thought process into words to give as advice)... you can check it out here.

(though keep in mind that although I am a certified "Health Tryhard", I'm not a certified nutritionist or anything. I'm just a healthy hamboi who feels he's got his health under control. :blush:... ...Okay look. My doctor said that I was "a very healthy boy" when I last went like a year ago, so I basically am an authority on this. Have you ever been complimented by your freaking doctor? Didn't think so. Read the guide. Or don't. Whatever).

There are so many parallels between having a great body and being successful in business. They require the same seed, but business takes more time to see results. Results are not as immediate as what they are when you're working out.

And you're spot on with the diet thing. People approach dieting like a religion, there's no right or wrong answer. Just find what works for you. Whether you're keto, vegan, paleo, carnivore diet etc.

ElChe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 17, 2022
There are so many parallels between having a great body and being successful in business. They require the same seed, but business takes more time to see results. Results are not as immediate as what they are when you're working out.
Interesting... I never viewed it like that. I just viewed dieting as useful for energy levels and such. But you're right, it does build a good work ethic in general-- which can then be transferred to business.

What other parallels do you see between being healthy and being successful in business?

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Interesting... I never viewed it like that. I just viewed dieting as useful for energy levels and such. But you're right, it does build a good work ethic in general-- which can then be transferred to business.

What other parallels do you see between being healthy and being successful in business?

First, I don't know what's your current fitness level. This is important to know since the longer you've been working out, the easier it is to transfer that mental aspect into business.

The more experienced you are in fitness, the more you understand the process and you know that it takes an insane amount of dedication, discipline and work ethic to build a jacked body that looks better than 99.99% of the population.

In case you're curious, I've been working out in the gym for about 4.5 years now, so it'll be 5 years for me this year in September-October. I'm not near where I want to be since when you're pretty tall(6 ft 2 and above) it takes longer to fill up your frame. Here's a pic for reference. (ignore the tissue, I was sick that day).

A short stocky dude(5 ft 3-5 ft 10) is probably gonna be at 90% of his genetic potential in about 4 years, whereas someone like me who's a little over 6 ft 4 like Tom Brady is gonna need more time, probably 6-7 years of consistent training before they reach that 90% genetic potential. It's very rare to see a tall natty dude with a lot of muscle.

You need to have the right training, right diet and right rest periods to progress efficiently. Along with consistency of course. You miss any of those and your progress becomes lackadaisical. Same thing in business. You need to have the right work ethic(work hard and smart. Hard work is not the only key), daily self improvement, strategy and consistency to see results.

ElChe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 17, 2022
You need to have the right training, right diet and right rest periods to progress efficiently. Along with consistency of course. You miss any of those and your progress becomes lackadaisical. Same thing in business. You need to have the right work ethic(work hard and smart. Hard work is not the only key), daily self improvement, strategy and consistency to see results.
Sheesh dude, you're jacked!

The last (and first) time I went to the gym was last summer, with a friend who was also pretty tall and had been training for a few years by then. That's when I learned a lot of those details of working out... stuff like time under pressure, taking fish oil, how to avoid plateaus, and so on. There is a lot of depth.

You're right when you say you gotta have all the little details handled, then be able to stick to the plan (and have a good plan in the first place).

I do think knowledge is a big key too. Like, there's so many people who think they understand business (like me) but don't know the ocean of depth... they don't know the potential of copywriting, don't know what skills are in-demand or why they are. The same way most people don't understand the setup it takes to get gains.

Sometimes it makes me wonder how many areas of my life there are that just have stupid amounts of depth that I will never even realize lol. But that's why places like this forum are so valuable... I'm glad I discovered it :devil:

Black_Mamba_427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 6, 2022
I was into health/fitness/weightlifting/cardio etc from around 14-15 and I'm pretty sure it triggered the businessman in me. I've heard some people saying the same about MMA/BJJ too.

It teaches you that if you stick at something consistently, put effort in and give it time - then results will follow.

A few tips from what I've learned over the years too;
  • You're not hungry - you're thirsty.
  • If you're hungry, increase the volume of your food with higher satiety foods
  • If you're failing to lose weight or gain weight (and you want to) track calories on myfitnesspal and reduce your calorie goal or increase by 200 each week until desired results kick in.
  • When im grocery shopping and I've got out of shape or want to eat a donut or some kind of junk, I'll say "what would someone who is shredded do? Would they be eating donuts or chicken?" this was part of atomic habits book where people would SHIFT their identity. So for instance, if you play WoW 12 hours a day and eat only KFC and identify as a gamer, yeah you won't look like a fitness model.
  • Make sure your activity is up higher (move more / eat less. I am for 15k steps a day)
  • For every 1lb of muscle you add, your body burns extra 50cals a day. The more muscle you hold, the more calories your body burns. Meaning you can eat more and look better.
  • Protein based foods have a much higher thermic effect than carbs/fat. So they will keep you much fuller for longer.
  • I can't remember the facts, but when you eat high sugar/high carb/high fat foods you sky rocket your blood sugar levels, which actually make you crave more bad food. This isn't the same when you eat something like a chicken and vegetables and a sweet potato or something though.
  • Proper hydration makes a HUGE difference. The difference between me drinking 3L+ of water a day and not remembering to drink as much is huge.
The biggest thing I noticed though overall is when I eat crap food and too much of it, I feel awful. My skin gets worse, my energy levels get worse. I get tired easier. I get bloated and don't move as much. I don't work as much. When I'm eating clean/whole/nutritious food - I feel and function so much better. I mean it does make sense if you think about it. Food MUST have such a HUGE factor on how we feel, how we look, how we function because that's the energy source which is powering us.

Ultimately ,it all have to be a lifestyle change and not a temporary diet.

The guide is great though! Enjoyed reading that!

Last edited:

Black_Mamba_427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 6, 2022
First, I don't know what's your current fitness level. This is important to know since the longer you've been working out, the easier it is to transfer that mental aspect into business.

The more experienced you are in fitness, the more you understand the process and you know that it takes an insane amount of dedication, discipline and work ethic to build a jacked body that looks better than 99.99% of the population.

In case you're curious, I've been working out in the gym for about 4.5 years now, so it'll be 5 years for me this year in September-October. I'm not near where I want to be since when you're pretty tall(6 ft 2 and above) it takes longer to fill up your frame. Here's a pic for reference. (ignore the tissue, I was sick that day).

A short stocky dude(5 ft 3-5 ft 10) is probably gonna be at 90% of his genetic potential in about 4 years, whereas someone like me who's a little over 6 ft 4 like Tom Brady is gonna need more time, probably 6-7 years of consistent training before they reach that 90% genetic potential. It's very rare to see a tall natty dude with a lot of muscle.

Looking good bro and I agree with what you say about shorter guys filling out quicker. I'm 5ft 8/9 and always used to workout with 6ft 2+ guys and they'd also ALWAYS complain stuff like benching/deadlifting/squatting was easier for me because my range of motion was so much less haha. So you "look" stronger too.

I disagree about it taking 4.5 years to look better than 99.99% of the population though, massively.

I think you can look better than the majority of people if you're say 30 years old and just have good diet (without even training). My thought process on this is that the majority of people I know who are 30, drink multiple times a week heavily, have terrible diets, are over weight, don't weight train.

So once you're lean, you're already in the top percentage of physiques and then even by going to the gym and lifting weights for like 3 days a week you will see massive results.

Edit pics: This is me a couple years back when I was in better shape.. I want to get back to this level, but a bit leaner

View: https://imgur.com/vtEPN8e
View: https://imgur.com/RmhKtyW

tomzestatlu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 29, 2021
Czech republic
As I am getting older, I noticed that there´s enormous difference between people, who do some sports/stick to healthy lifestyle and those, who are caught in unhealthy habits as drinking, smoking and so.

Everytime you walk down the street, there are two kinds of people:
1. Attractive
2. Repulsive

There are guys, who are in 40s and 50s and look great, they give the impression of being a professionals in life. On the other hand, there are guys, who are 30 and look like a walking tragedy.

The question is which group you want belong to.

I think there´s strong correlation between the looks and success. This correlation exponentially grows with age. It´s not very big when you compare two 25yo men, but it´s extremely high when you compare two 50yo men.

People judge others based on looks, whether it´s consciouslly or uncosciouslly. If you take 2 guys (first one healthy sporty type and second one the opposite) with totally same level of skill and knowledge, the first one will definitely do better. For example, how can be a fatty responsible with my money, when he is not responsible with his own body.

Personally I am not big fan of healthy food. But I´ve developed some sense, that keeps me from hurting my body too much. I don´t count calories or totally skip unhealthy food, but I can feel when it´s too much. I think that it´s more important to understand your body than to jump from extreme to extreme (80/20 applies here).
I am very active with sports since 14 (that´s 15 years this year). I have outgrown the period of being crazy about lifting the heaviest weight possible and daily checking my progress in the mirror. I have gone through many things, lifting, fighting in the cage, running marathon, hiking with huge weights and evrything gave me a lot.

I had some really serious goals which led me to amazing work ethics. The feeling that there just isn´t anybody who works as hard as I do felt awesome. No matter day time, rain, temperature, I was going after it. That feeling of burning heart was the best thing I´ve ever felt.
I´ve never needed a plan to follow, because I know I won´t cheat on myself.

I wish that once I could translate this work ethics also into building my bussines.

And my unpopular opinion:
It doesn´t matter how many callories you eat if you burn them all.

ElChe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 17, 2022
True. Dieting is highly contextual. That's why I think telling someone "you need to eat healthier!/stop eating those unhealthy foods!" isn't really useful. Potato chips can be considered unhealthy, but what if you have eaten 0 sodium that day and haven't eaten many carbs/fat? Now those potato chips aren't so unhealthy.

Ultimately it's about understanding the fundamentals so you can adapt to any situation (just like any skill).

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Sheesh dude, you're jacked!

The last (and first) time I went to the gym was last summer, with a friend who was also pretty tall and had been training for a few years by then. That's when I learned a lot of those details of working out... stuff like time under pressure, taking fish oil, how to avoid plateaus, and so on. There is a lot of depth.

You're right when you say you gotta have all the little details handled, then be able to stick to the plan (and have a good plan in the first place).

I do think knowledge is a big key too. Like, there's so many people who think they understand business (like me) but don't know the ocean of depth... they don't know the potential of copywriting, don't know what skills are in-demand or why they are. The same way most people don't understand the setup it takes to get gains.

Sometimes it makes me wonder how many areas of my life there are that just have stupid amounts of depth that I will never even realize lol. But that's why places like this forum are so valuable... I'm glad I discovered it :devil:
Thank you bro, appreciate it ;).

For sure. Well you'll learn the most when you do it yourself. And yes, having the "right" type of knowledge is crucial. That's a part of having the right strategy or the right game plan. You can have the all the work ethic, self improvement and discipline but if your plan/strategy is horrible, you'll never gain results or you'll fight for 1/25 piece of the cake instead of the whole cake. But that will also come with experience. You can read books about bodybuilding, sales, business, visualize success and all of that but until you get out there and execute, nothing is going to happen.

Even if you're failing and live like a bum for your first 2 years, those 2 years of struggle are like a 20 year education for you.

I'm not as experienced in business(I'm between 1-2 years now fully committed to this game), but in bodybuilding; how many people know about nucleus overload, satellite cells and that fast foods build the most muscle? Or that milk builds your muscle like nothing else?

And then once you're out there, you'll adapt and tweak your strategy when needed. In business, MJ calls it the desert of desertion. It's that time when you're alone and nothing is working for you. That may take 6 months, a year, two years or 3 years before you finally see that exponential growth in business, where your income goes from a couple grand or 0 to your first $50,000 or $100,000 a month. In bodybuilding, at the beginning results are immediate. And you also got more resources for bodybuilding. There are more people with a great body than there are really successful people financially.

Most people don't even know one person who's a multi millionaire. It's incredibly rare to have both though. A guy who's very successful financially but also has a great body. That's like 0.00001%.

Last edited:

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
I was into health/fitness/weightlifting/cardio etc from around 14-15 and I'm pretty sure it triggered the businessman in me. I've heard some people saying the same about MMA/BJJ too.

It teaches you that if you stick at something consistently, put effort in and give it time - then results will follow.

A few tips from what I've learned over the years too;
  • You're not hungry - you're thirsty.
  • If you're hungry, increase the volume of your food with higher satiety foods
  • If you're failing to lose weight or gain weight (and you want to) track calories on myfitnesspal and reduce your calorie goal or increase by 200 each week until desired results kick in.
  • When im grocery shopping and I've got out of shape or want to eat a donut or some kind of junk, I'll say "what would someone who is shredded do? Would they be eating donuts or chicken?" this was part of atomic habits book where people would SHIFT their identity. So for instance, if you play WoW 12 hours a day and eat only KFC and identify as a gamer, yeah you won't look like a fitness model.
  • Make sure your activity is up higher (move more / eat less. I am for 15k steps a day)
  • For every 1lb of muscle you add, your body burns extra 50cals a day. The more muscle you hold, the more calories your body burns. Meaning you can eat more and look better.
  • Protein based foods have a much higher thermic effect than carbs/fat. So they will keep you much fuller for longer.
  • I can't remember the facts, but when you eat high sugar/high carb/high fat foods you sky rocket your blood sugar levels, which actually make you crave more bad food. This isn't the same when you eat something like a chicken and vegetables and a sweet potato or something though.
  • Proper hydration makes a HUGE difference. The difference between me drinking 3L+ of water a day and not remembering to drink as much is huge.
The biggest thing I noticed though overall is when I eat crap food and too much of it, I feel awful. My skin gets worse, my energy levels get worse. I get tired easier. I get bloated and don't move as much. I don't work as much. When I'm eating clean/whole/nutritious food - I feel and function so much better. I mean it does make sense if you think about it. Food MUST have such a HUGE factor on how we feel, how we look, how we function because that's the energy source which is powering us.

Ultimately ,it all have to be a lifestyle change and not a temporary diet.

The guide is great though! Enjoyed reading that!
Exactly. There is so much to learn about the nutrition side of things too. You can write a book on that itself.

Your grocery shopping part is spot on dude. I remember when I was working as a cashier at our local grocery store and after some time I was able to see the contingencies between a person's body and what they put on the conveyor belt. It's crazy how accurate it is!

Young kids from ages 10-15 usually bought some snickers, coke or some high sugar type of foods. That's very normal for very young blokes. When I saw a gorgeous chick or a fit man, you could see that they were always putting healthy food on the belt like veggies, chicken, nuts, eggs etc.

Very rarely did they have potato chips, coke or something of that nature. Even milfs did that too.

And then when you saw an overweight person, you could guess what they brought with them, right? A pack of beers, potato chips, stack of butter etc.

Hydration does make a huge difference too. You rarely see a jacked dude or a fitness model type of girl who doesn't drink a lot of water. It never happens. Water is the best anabol for your body. Your body is 70% water.

EDIT: There's a huge correlation between sports and success in business. A lot of business owners played sports in their youth or vice versa, which did contribute to their success later down the road.

Last edited:

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Looking good bro and I agree with what you say about shorter guys filling out quicker. I'm 5ft 8/9 and always used to workout with 6ft 2+ guys and they'd also ALWAYS complain stuff like benching/deadlifting/squatting was easier for me because my range of motion was so much less haha. So you "look" stronger too.

I disagree about it taking 4.5 years to look better than 99.99% of the population though, massively.

I think you can look better than the majority of people if you're say 30 years old and just have good diet (without even training). My thought process on this is that the majority of people I know who are 30, drink multiple times a week heavily, have terrible diets, are over weight, don't weight train.

So once you're lean, you're already in the top percentage of physiques and then even by going to the gym and lifting weights for like 3 days a week you will see massive results.

Edit pics: This is me a couple years back when I was in better shape.. I want to get back to this level, but a bit leaner

View: https://imgur.com/vtEPN8e
View: https://imgur.com/RmhKtyW
Ok, let me amend that, it doesn't take that much to look better than an average joe today bro. People are so lazy nowadays that it's not that difficult. I see so many guys today who are in my age range from early 20s to late 20s and they already look like they're 30 because they've been drinking and don't do shit besides their job.

It's very apparent with girls. Girls usually look their best between 16-25, and after that their looks drop drastically. I see it with the girls who I remember were like a 9-10 in my high school years and now they're like a 6, which is average.

It's probably easier for a guy to maintain his looks since guys age better than women. Men are not as reliant on their looks as women are, so they can pull it off with more swag in their 30s or 40s.

When you workout and look good, you're probably in the top 5% of men. If you're financially successful as well, you're probably like 0.5%-1%. You got game and some swagger about you? Now you're like 0.1%.

EDIT: Looks good bro. Nice peak on the biceps. For real, when I first heard your name I thought you were a black dude because of your nickname :happy:.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Even milfs did that too.
And the dilfs

My shopping basket is all natural raw ingredients, no junk whatsoever, even been complimented on it by checkout staff.

Still fat

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
As I am getting older, I noticed that there´s enormous difference between people, who do some sports/stick to healthy lifestyle and those, who are caught in unhealthy habits as drinking, smoking and so.

Everytime you walk down the street, there are two kinds of people:
1. Attractive
2. Repulsive

There are guys, who are in 40s and 50s and look great, they give the impression of being a professionals in life. On the other hand, there are guys, who are 30 and look like a walking tragedy.

The question is which group you want belong to.

I think there´s strong correlation between the looks and success. This correlation exponentially grows with age. It´s not very big when you compare two 25yo men, but it´s extremely high when you compare two 50yo men.

People judge others based on looks, whether it´s consciouslly or uncosciouslly. If you take 2 guys (first one healthy sporty type and second one the opposite) with totally same level of skill and knowledge, the first one will definitely do better. For example, how can be a fatty responsible with my money, when he is not responsible with his own body.

Personally I am not big fan of healthy food. But I´ve developed some sense, that keeps me from hurting my body too much. I don´t count calories or totally skip unhealthy food, but I can feel when it´s too much. I think that it´s more important to understand your body than to jump from extreme to extreme (80/20 applies here).
I am very active with sports since 14 (that´s 15 years this year). I have outgrown the period of being crazy about lifting the heaviest weight possible and daily checking my progress in the mirror. I have gone through many things, lifting, fighting in the cage, running marathon, hiking with huge weights and evrything gave me a lot.

I had some really serious goals which led me to amazing work ethics. The feeling that there just isn´t anybody who works as hard as I do felt awesome. No matter day time, rain, temperature, I was going after it. That feeling of burning heart was the best thing I´ve ever felt.
I´ve never needed a plan to follow, because I know I won´t cheat on myself.

I wish that once I could translate this work ethics also into building my bussines.

There is a correlation there. People who tell you that looks don't matter are full of shiet. It's just like saying that what car you drive doesn't matter when it does. Especially in the dating world. I remember watching some of these videos in my teens when I was overweight and so many of these gurus say that "looks aren't important" or "personality over looks" type of bs. It's false. Don't get me wrong, personality does matter when you wanna stay with someone but as far getting that initial attraction from the girl/guy, looks are gonna play a huge part whether they find you attractive or not, especially when you approach these chicks on the internet.

Black_Mamba_427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 6, 2022
Ok, let me amend that, it doesn't take that much to look better than an average joe today bro. People are so lazy nowadays that it's not that difficult. I see so many guys today who are in my age range from early 20s to late 20s and they already look like they're 30 because they've been drinking and don't do shit besides their job.

EDIT: Looks good bro. Nice peak on the biceps. For real, when I first heard your name I thought you were a black dude because of your nickname :happy:.
That's actually really fascinating what you said about working as a cashier. I didn't even think of it from that point of view, it must be like day and night. In Atomic Habits by James Clear (great book, highly recommend) he said that when people did the same things over and over again they picked up like this second nature for their jobs. For example, hair dressers could tell when females were pregnant by touching their hair, even a lot of times before they even knew. Something so subtle within the difference that you notice after repeating something thousands of times over.

Agree with everything else you've said too ITT actually.

Tbh, it's one of the reasons why I joined this forum was because I've got a good business going at the moment, but just felt a bit lost and without direction. I knew exactly what I needed to do with everything (business,fitness etc) but just haven't been putting in anywhere near 100% effort into them. Probably not even like 10% if im honest. It's a weird feeling suddenly making 10x what you used to make a year working for someone else - to working for yourself - and not having that affect lifestyle choices. It's easy to go down the route of partying too much, eating out at nice restaurants too often, drinking too much and overall just slacking.

Might make a separate thread on here later on, for like a 90 day hardcore self improvement where we can all post what we've done each day that we're proud of or grateful for vs bad habits we've avoided etc.

lold hard at that black dude comment too. I get that all the time on playstation from people too because its my PSN name.

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
Hey ya'll,

I made a post about my health crisis that I developed because of my poor eating habits for the first twenty years of my life. When you have chronic health issues that should be enough motivation to get healthy.

When it comes to researching foods to buy, I like to watch FlavCity with Bobby Parrish to know what to look for and watch out.

I read the guide you typed and it's good. You could also talk about getting micronutrients in such as Vitamin D, B, magnesium, etc. I noticed that if I get my daily intake in, then I rarely crave junk food

Another section you could add is about gut bacteria and how they influence your cravings.

Last edited:

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
That's actually really fascinating what you said about working as a cashier. I didn't even think of it from that point of view, it must be like day and night. In Atomic Habits by James Clear (great book, highly recommend) he said that when people did the same things over and over again they picked up like this second nature for their jobs. For example, hair dressers could tell when females were pregnant by touching their hair, even a lot of times before they even knew. Something so subtle within the difference that you notice after repeating something thousands of times over.

Agree with everything else you've said too ITT actually.

Tbh, it's one of the reasons why I joined this forum was because I've got a good business going at the moment, but just felt a bit lost and without direction. I knew exactly what I needed to do with everything (business,fitness etc) but just haven't been putting in anywhere near 100% effort into them. Probably not even like 10% if im honest. It's a weird feeling suddenly making 10x what you used to make a year working for someone else - to working for yourself - and not having that affect lifestyle choices. It's easy to go down the route of partying too much, eating out at nice restaurants too often, drinking too much and overall just slacking.

Might make a separate thread on here later on, for like a 90 day hardcore self improvement where we can all post what we've done each day that we're proud of or grateful for vs bad habits we've avoided etc.

lold hard at that black dude comment too. I get that all the time on playstation from people too because its my PSN name.
It's probably because when you've done something for quite a while, your brain starts to recognize certain patterns and makes immediate assumptions straight away because of our programming.

It's the same thing in sales. We're reaching out to a lot of prospects in our company and a lot of people will tell you they're not interested without even knowing what you have to offer! Or they ignore the message completely. But then when you follow up with them a week later and become a little goofy with them with that "I don't care if I lose you" type of attitude they become open and want to talk to you because you're different. It goes with the Atomic Habits thing too.

Have you played sports before? In sports it's the same thing. I remember this because I used to play a lot of football(soccer in American) and I was able to detect how good a player is just by playing with him for 3 minutes. It's crazy how it works. It's like I could put them in the bad-average-good-great category straight away.

ElChe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 17, 2022
I read the guide you typed and it's good. You could also talk about getting micronutrients in such as Vitamin D, B, magnesium, etc. I noticed that if I get my daily intake in, then I rarely crave junk food

Another section you could add is about gut bacteria and how they influence your cravings.
Dawg... say less. I actually had another guide I made-- here. "Basic Food Knowledge to Keep You Healthy Forever" >:^)

But this second guide is less concise, and I'm not super happy with it. Here is the wrap up of it tho:

edit: I didn't talk about micronutrients in the guide. I misread your comment lol. I just take vitamins every other day or so for micronutrients.

1. “Health” is a bit of an ambiguous term. But there are two main elements:
  • Body fat/muscle: everyone has a different “ideal”
  • Nutrients/vitamins: “ideal” is mostly the same for everyone
The goal is to get as close to your ideals as possible (or as much as you want)

2. Calories determine your weight.
  • Eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight
  • Eat less calories, you will lose weight
  • To lose weight: eat 100-200 less calories than your regular intake at the end of every day.

3. Sugar and Sodium are dangerous!
Sugar: Eat 30g of added sugar or less per day
Sodium: Aim for a minimum 500 mg and maximum 2300 mg of sodium per day.
  • Use my rule: if a food has more mg of sodium than calories, try to avoid it.
  • Some low sodium foods: nuts, fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, some meats… this list is pretty useful

4. Macros: every calorie comes from either carbs, fat, or protein. A good balance is (though you can get kinda crazy with balancing your macros)…
  • 50% carbs
  • 30% fat
  • 20% protein
Here are some foods for each macro:
Carbs: Fruits, vegetables, bread, rice, oatmeal.

Fats: Butter, olive oil, avocados, nuts, eggs, cheese

Protein: meat, eggs, milk, beans, fish, protein yogurt, protein powder,

:check:To remember all this info, you will want to experiment with a calorie app for a few weeks, at least. And to prevent getting distracted by your phone every time you eat…
  • Delete Facebook, Youtube, the search engine (if you can and don’t absolutely need it), Tiktok, Snapchat, and all the games off your phone
  • Turn off sound notifications on everything
  • Turn off notifications in general on everything too, except maybe important message apps (and you can leave your calls on vibrate, or whatever you do)
  • Get FocusMe and track how much you use your phone… if you keep getting distracted by an app… you know what to do

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.