The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to earn money in the short run ?

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
I am currently looking how to earn some money in parallel to my studies. I am a master student with an bachelor in Electrical Engineering. Some of my skills are programming (Matlab, Python) and EE related knowledge.
My first idea would be to apply as resarch assistant , but this has the disadvantge of fixed hours.

I also looked at freelancing websites but these are often overrun by people from other countries pushing the prices so low that it isn't really worth it to do here.

Do you have any ideas and recommendation I did not look yet ?
Greetings

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Make some freelance jobs to get comfortable with the platforms.
Than make many freelance jobs, delegating them further to the cheaper ones.
When building up a business around it, it can become fastlane.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
I am currently looking how to earn some money in parallel to my studies. I am a master student with an bachelor in Electrical Engineering. Some of my skills are programming (Matlab, Python) and EE related knowledge.
My first idea would be to apply as resarch assistant , but this has the disadvantge of fixed hours.

I also looked at freelancing websites but these are often overrun by people from other countries pushing the prices so low that it isn't really worth it to do here.

Greetings

I would say bartending is quite lucrative.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
It has nothing to do with fastlane, but as described in the books it is called bootstrapping.

It’s basically do whatever produces income. ( in fastlane this is for basic expenses + investing in your business)

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
I am from Germany. prostitution isn't illegal but I would try to avoid it. Neither would I do bartending as I Just hate to do any kind of serving. If I just want a job I can become a resarch assistant

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I am from Germany. prostitution isn't illegal but I would try to avoid it. Neither would I do bartending as I Just hate to do any kind of serving. If I just want a job I can become a resarch assistant
those were jokes (well, not bartending).

Check the gold threads, side hustle threads, etc.

Selling things online helps with extra income. Real estate and stock market ideas are also good.

Any kind of entrepreneurial venture that can be started with little money will fit the bill. You just have to get to work!

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

Greetings
Dont you have some lazy colleagues?
Why not offer to do their homework, project, or something else for money? Tutoring?

When I was in uni, I made a lot of money this way.
Just doing the work, which the lazy students didnt want to do.

There is no downside here.
You`ll earn money while furthering your skills.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I mean it depends on what you mean by short run. If you need money tomorrow then your options aren't quite the same as if you need money next month. But assuming you're not in such dire straits that you need to sell your plasma, then the below advice should help.

I like to start with people close to me. Family, friends, past clients or coworkers, friends of family, friends of friends, friends of past clients or coworkers.

Find people who need something, are willing to pay for it, and then do it for them. You might think that you lack experience, but it's more about trust than anything else. People naturally trust people with more experience, but people close to you in your circle will trust you because they know you. If you go outside your circle, show that you know what their problem is and that you care about solving it. That's really what it's about.

See how I didn't ask what you could do for them? That's because it's more important to see what people need before deciding what you do.

Go out, help people, and get paid for it. It's pretty simple...

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
Dont you have some lazy colleagues?
Why not offer to do their homework, project, or something else for money? Tutoring?

When I was in uni, I made a lot of money this way.
Just doing the work, which the lazy students didnt want to do.

There is no downside here.
You`ll earn money while furthering your skills.
There is mostly graded stuff, and I am not allowed to do this for others, otherwise I can get in serious trouble. Besides that, what would be the advantage of a research assistant job? There I also can learn some hand on experience,

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
I mean it depends on what you mean by short run. If you need money tomorrow then your options aren't quite the same as if you need money next month. But assuming you're not in such dire straits that you need to sell your plasma, then the below advice should help.

I like to start with people close to me. Family, friends, past clients or coworkers, friends of family, friends of friends, friends of past clients or coworkers.

Find people who need something, are willing to pay for it, and then do it for them. You might think that you lack experience, but it's more about trust than anything else. People naturally trust people with more experience, but people close to you in your circle will trust you because they know you. If you go outside your circle, show that you know what their problem is and that you care about solving it. That's really what it's about.

See how I didn't ask what you could do for them? That's because it's more important to see what people need before deciding what you do.

Go out, help people, and get paid for it. It's pretty simple...
Ok I didn't specify this enough. I currently have enough money to study without working at the same time. It's enough for food and the daily stuff. Nevertheless, I would like to be able to do some nice stuff like skiing or going to a café (I am currently in the swiss and everything is like hell expensive). I don't need the money tomorrow but also not 6 months.

I am currently also working on my fastlaneproject, but this one is a long term investment. I am trying to build a nanotech project, but this will probably need 2+ years till I am able to sell it.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
There is mostly graded stuff, and I am not allowed to do this for others, otherwise I can get in serious trouble. Besides that, what would be the advantage of a research assistant job? There I also can learn some hand on experience,
What kind of trouble? Whats the worst case scenario?

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Bruh you're looking for the silver bullet, which is low effort, quick bucks, flexible time.
We don't have that here.
You want money you gotta do the hard work. Freelancing is hard work like anything else. In fact, I prefer a normal shit job, so that I have consistent money and don't have to deal with getting clients.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Bruh you're looking for the silver bullet, which is low effort, quick bucks, flexible time.
We don't have that here.
You want money you gotta do the hard work. Freelancing is hard work like anything else. In fact, I prefer a normal shit job, so that I have consistent money and don't have to deal with getting clients.
A job is the first step on your journey in most cases (some people can skip that step).

A job that teaches you skills for the industry and business you want - while getting paid - is a double win.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
We don't have that here.

A job is the first step on your journey in most cases (some people can skip that step).

A job that teaches you skills for the industry and business you want - while getting paid - is a double win.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_58zPgArb4

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Teach locally. You could tutor school kids in maths and science or start a local "electronics club" where you teach adults / teenagers how to make a little project each week.

Or a programming club.

Anything with a group class format. Kerchinggg.

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
Teach locally. You could tutor school kids in maths and science or start a local "electronics club" where you teach adults / teenagers how to make a little project each week.

Or a programming club.

Anything with a group class format. Kerchinggg.
Yeah , but that all are jobs. If I want to get a job I am trying to get a research assistant. There I get some practical work and also earn some money

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Yeah , but that all are jobs. If I want to get a job I am trying to get a research assistant. There I get some practical work and also earn some money
I'm starting to see the problem here...

Work has a dual nature.
It can be both a job and not.
It depends on how you do it.

Are you afraid of work?

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
So the easiest way to get some extra cash is taking a job, as a student you can earn around €800 a month.

The best way to get some experience is to be a freelancer.

I would suggest you to read the thread from Lex

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
I'm starting to see the problem here...

Work has a dual nature.
It can be both a job and not.
It depends on how you do it.

Are you afraid of work?
No, I Just hate the type of work like e.g. bartending.

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
If I"m reading between the lines correctly you're saying that you don't want a fixed schedule job so you can work around studies better and that's why you don't want a job you can't control.

If that's the case, then you could still do tutoring or whatever above. It would be on your own schedule. Just find some high school students that need help with math and you're set.

You could also start a youtube channel focused on tech and teach matlab. Or teach matlab on one of the paid platforms where you get paid for the course. You could do both. Look up what some people do with math lectures and see the massive number of views they get. Can you do something like that which would eventually lead to related things you can make?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

If you’re studying and need a flexible gig that can teach you a lot while making good money, become a real estate agent.

You will learn SO much and the earning potential is (relatively) unlimited. Schedule can be flexible.

At the bare minimum, you will learn to sell, you will build confidence, and you will get accustomed to putting yourself out there.

It’s important that you do something. Nothing good is going to be fun, glamorous, or your “dream” gig.

You don’t just wake up one morning and put your billionaire pants on. Gotta work for it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.