The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

secretfastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 25, 2023
Europe
Hello all,

I'm a 16-year-old from Europe. I just finished high school and I now have until August 2024 to make €5.000 (nearly the same as $5.000) or I have to go to college say my parents - college is free though I have to point it out, still costs a lot of time (3 years). I'm wondering if you all guys have any tips or ideas for me. I'm really new to this online money-making space so I'd appreciate any ideas/advice. Thanks guys

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hello all,

I'm a 16-year-old from Europe. I just finished high school and I now have until August 2024 to make €5.000 (nearly the same as $5.000) or I have to go to college say my parents - college is free though I have to point it out, still costs a lot of time (3 years). I'm wondering if you all guys have any tips or ideas for me. I'm really new to this online money-making space so I'd appreciate any ideas/advice. Thanks guys
Thread 'Scaling a window cleaning company' EXECUTION - Scaling a window cleaning company

Check this out for some insight and maybe inspiration as well.

To make money you need to follow 2 steps

1. Creat a offer people want to pay for. If you can't think of any, make it simple. Help people solve any of these problems : I dont have the money i want/I don't have the love life I want/I don't have the body I want.

2. Give as many people as possible the chance to pay you.

The two reasons why new entrepreneurs don't make money are
1. They never actually formulate a offer to give to people.
2. They never get that offer in front of a significant ammout of people. (500 Clicks/500Cold E-Mails and calls or similar is a good ammount of people)

parabolic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 7, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
$5k in a year should be extremely easy for you to accomplish. There are many existing threads on the forum that can help you. I'm not sure about the exact laws of your country, but there should be no problem for you to own and operate almost any type of business. If you create an exclusively online business, your location doesn't really matter.

If you share more about yourself or your location, people can provide more personalized recommendations based on that. Maybe tell us what your skills are or some industries that you are familiar with. If you want to have a business that serves people in your area then ask yourself questions about them. Are there many people with money to spend? What do they like to spend their money on?

secretfastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 25, 2023
Europe
$5k in a year should be extremely easy for you to accomplish. There are many existing threads on the forum that can help you. I'm not sure about the exact laws of your country, but there should be no problem for you to own and operate almost any type of business. If you create an exclusively online business, your location doesn't really matter.

If you share more about yourself or your location, people can provide more personalized recommendations based on that. Maybe tell us what your skills are or some industries that you are familiar with. If you want to have a business that serves people in your area then ask yourself questions about them. Are there many people with money to spend? What do they like to spend their money on?
Hey thanks for the reply. I live in a western European country called Denmark. We have loads of money to spend so that's not a problem. I know web development, and some stuff about marketing (Like Meta, Tiktok, and Google). My uncle has a Spanish company where I could operate an online business

secretfastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 25, 2023
Europe
Thread 'Scaling a window cleaning company' EXECUTION - Scaling a window cleaning company

1. Creat a offer people want to pay for. If you can't think of any, make it simple. Help people solve any of these problems : I dont have the money i want/I don't have the love life I want/I don't have the body I want.

2. They never get that offer in front of a significant ammout of people. (500 Clicks/500Cold E-Mails and calls or similar is a good ammount of people)
I don't know man, I can't register a business for the window cleaning stuff. Thanks for the value

parabolic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 7, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Hey thanks for the reply. I live in a western European country called Denmark. We have loads of money to spend so that's not a problem. I know web development, and some stuff about marketing (Like Meta, Tiktok, and Google). My uncle has a Spanish company where I could operate an online business
My first thoughts are:

1. for you to personally offer web development and marketing services to local companies (restaurant, store, etc) that you already know or can meet, who don't have a website or social media presence, and

2. use your uncle's company to operate the same business that seeks out customers anywhere in the world.

secretfastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 25, 2023
Europe
My first thoughts are:

1. for you to personally offer web development and marketing services to local companies (restaurant, store, etc) that you already know or can meet, who don't have a website or social media presence, and

2. use your uncle's company to operate the same business that seeks out customers anywhere in the world.
All already have websites and do you think online marketing is effective for local businesses (like restaurant, stores etc?) Maybe I could offer to rebuild their website as well

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Get a bike and do food delivery with the most popular food delivery company in Denmark.

You'll make 5k euros in no time, get solid exercise, and develop a strong work ethic as you won't have a boss above you (your earnings will depend on how much you work).

This is way better than trying to hustle online when you have zero knowledge about it and are too young to set up a company. You can study online business in the meantime but you won't be looking for silly shortcuts (or fall for scams) just to make some money right away.

How I wish such easy flexible jobs were available when I was younger... I'd have probably saved solid five figures by the time I was 20.

parabolic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 7, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Get a bike and do food delivery with the most popular food delivery company in Denmark.

You'll make 5k euros in no time, get solid exercise, and develop a strong work ethic as you won't have a boss above you (your earnings will depend on how much you work).

This is way better than trying to hustle online when you have zero knowledge about it and are too young to set up a company. You can study online business in the meantime but you won't be looking for silly shortcuts (or fall for scams) just to make some money right away.

How I wish such easy flexible jobs were available when I was younger... I'd have probably saved solid five figures by the time I was 20.
For Wolt he would need to be 18, as is standard minimum age for most delivery apps in the US as well. I could be wrong about what the most popular delivery app there is though.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Organize a monthly/weekly fleamarket in your hometown, if there isnt one already. When there is one, choose next town!

Make a calendar with the dates and distribute on every other market.

5000k easy possible. Did it while my studies.

secretfastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 25, 2023
Europe
For Wolt he would need to be 18, as is standard minimum age for most delivery apps in the US as well. I could be wrong about what the most popular delivery app there is though.
I believe 16 is fine here but Wolt or JustEat (the delivery apps in Denmark) only are in the 3 big cities and I don't live there or close to any of them (1,5h away in car)

secretfastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 25, 2023
Europe

Hey man I researched a little about it and I think the window cleaning company would be a good idea however I have a few questions. What do I do about the fact that I can't register a legal company and what do I do about houses that have windows too tall for me to reach (I can't drive till 18 so the ladder is out of the game)

hannuk

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
May 16, 2023
Hey man I researched a little about it and I think the window cleaning company would be a good idea however I have a few questions. What do I do about the fact that I can't register a legal company and what do I do about houses that have windows too tall for me to reach (I can't drive till 18 so the ladder is out of the game)
I would just say a quick fix would be just look for one storey houses. And I believe that you don't have to create a legal company at first because the amounts of money aren't that big when you start. Just buy some basic necessary tools and start going d2d. Look at @constant and @piano threads for more information. Good luck!

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Well just do houses you can clean.

@piano went the hard path of door to door and made more profit than me.
He can help you out with these things.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I know web development

and some stuff about marketing (Like Meta, Tiktok, and Google).

My uncle has a Spanish company where I could operate an online business

^^^ This is right under your nose.

Does your uncle need help with his website or his Meta, TikTok, or Google marketing?

Does your uncle and other friends/family know anyone who might need help with their website or Meta, TikTok, or Google marketing?

You're young. People will assume you're better at the above than them.

secretfastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 25, 2023
Europe
^^^ This is right under your nose.

Does your uncle need help with his website or his Meta, TikTok, or Google marketing?

Does your uncle and other friends/family know anyone who might need help with their website or Meta, TikTok, or Google marketing?

You're young. People will assume you're better at the above than them.
Good idea but my uncle knows a lot about it already and have a guys hired for it

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
It's not about the idea dou.

Execution is key.

But I understand where you at, in the beginning, everything CAN work. It's a process of overcoming that way of thinking.

Try out different things, and fail fast (dont spend months thinking and dreaming, just start it) after some failed ideas, you know what suits you more.

I like the framework that Alex Hormozi is using:
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZwgRqlIQLEo

Good luck

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Good idea but my uncle knows a lot about it already and have a guys hired for it
Let me fix that.

"Good idea AND my uncle knows a lot about it already and have a guys hired for it"

Nice! So you could maybe help and learn from your uncle and whoever he hired for it?

I presume you already asked if you could help?

secretfastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 25, 2023
Europe
Let me fix that.

"Good idea AND my uncle knows a lot about it already and have a guys hired for it"

Nice! So you could maybe help and learn from your uncle and whoever he hired for it?

I presume you already asked if you could help?
No use, he got it under control. I think my plan is to just pitch local businesses for those services thanks Andy and I'm enjoying your old youtube videos

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
No use, he got it under control. I think my plan is to just pitch local businesses for those services thanks Andy and I'm enjoying your old youtube videos
Ok, start there then.

Whatever you choose to do, leverage what you already have and your unfair advantage, including (especially!) your network.

Like this:

I'm curious... which old YouTube videos?

PS: If a 16 year old nephew asked me if he could help with marketing etc then I'd figure something out, even if I've got it under control.

Maybe go to him and ask for his advice? People love giving advice.

secretfastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 25, 2023
Europe
Ok, start there then.

Whatever you choose to do, leverage what you already have and your unfair advantage, including (especially!) your network.

Like this:

I'm curious... which old YouTube videos?

PS: If a 16 year old nephew asked me if he could help with marketing etc then I'd figure something out, even if I've got it under control.

Maybe go to him and ask for his advice? People love giving advice.
Yeah he gives me advice, lots in fact. I'm in the process of watching this gem:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0swT3kEOQs

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yeah he gives me advice, lots in fact. I'm in the process of watching this gem:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0swT3kEOQs
Ah yes. I wish more people watched that one.

I also did a call for @Fox 's group on how to start and scale a Google Ads service business. I didn't put it up on YouTube but you can find it in the bonus area of my free newsletter (linked to in my signature).

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Go work for your uncle, or any other business owner that you can get a connection with. You'll learn 10x from shadowing and helping a business owner than any other job you could do.

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
Hello all,

Hi Nichlas,

A friend of mine runs an electric vehicle (EV) charging-related app. I can't read Danish, but he doesn't appear to have his web site translated into English (*HINT*), German, French, Spanish, or any other language.

He'll be subjected to the same labor rules constraining everyone else in Denmark.

If interested, you should be able to find his company using your favorite search enging. Just shoot him a note via the contact page.

Don't hesitate to give me a shout if you need assistance.

One quibble: College is taxpayer-funded, it isn't free. I've lost track of the number of German's I've had to correct on this point, as they are all trained to think this way as well. It's a bit insensitive to the young Germans who didn't do well enough in third and fourth grade to be selected to go to college but still have to pay exorbitant taxes on behalf of the students who did. Another way of looking at it is that I could have paid for two semesters at an elite private U.S. university for what the Germans confiscated from me in taxes in one year (never mind the other payroll taxes).

In any case, good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...