The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much money did you use to start your business?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My first business I started for $100, the cost was for the domain, hosting and SSL license.
My current business I started with $2000. That was the cost of the first production order.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
0894cef526c09d0a48dc319b7f363cdce3b4400a40f9700207f7d6ea6808d7f3.jpg

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
$0 for my copywriting business. Somewhere between $7k-$8k so far for my pre-launch candle biz.

What if you never do anything and die a broke dreamer full of regrets? I'd rather waste my money finding out for sure than waste my time wondering "what if?"
This is a great way of looking at things. The regret of not trying is greater than the regret of failing, and you only fail if you quit.

artKarolina

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 13, 2018
$1k Christmas bonus, $50 to register. Been investing $5-15k cash back into the business every year to get new equipment, experiments to grow it slowly. I would've liked to have more money upfront of course, because it would've been a quicker growth but it worked out anyway. Video production. More importantly, actually had a business plan.

JohnD Realestate

New to Online retail
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 23, 2017
Chappaqua
how much money did you invest in starting up your business? Just curious. :)
33k I think. Somewhere around there in 2006. RE biz.

Although in reality I was just buying a house to live in. It had 3 apts and this was the only way I could see to afford to live close to NYC and not pay a fortune.

But as the years went by it turned into a biz.

Edit...good question by the way.

It wasn’t my first biz. I sold dictionaries door to door for a company when I was 17. They ripped me off on my fist payday so I found a supplier and copycatted them. I ran out of steam. That was probably 200$ worth of books.

At 23 Had a clothing store started with 5k of opm. Ran out of steam again. 22 years later after working for others I realized that once in a while I need to sit down and refocus.

Last edited:

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
My first real business I started literally with one pack of rubber bands. I lacked confidence in myself so I did it the slow way.

I went all-in on my current one. I have built up way more confidence in my ability to succeed primarily from the fine folks here on the forum.

Lenin G.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 28, 2016
Yep! My business idea is a local business magazine, I can advertise 3 times as cheap as competition, im thinking of offering it for free for the first month to attract the businesses and hopefully keep hold of them. I was reading an article that investing money and giving something for free can have postive impacts on a business.

Hey man, so you're planning to get into a business just because you can be the cheapest option?

Have you studied the market a little bit and know if you can scale it properly or just want to see if this product idea has legs?

Now, as a way of training yourself and get your feet wet I'd say give it a go, but if you're planning to grow a serious business from it I think you should be more careful.

The same as some of the other guys that replied I've invested from nothing to several tens of thousands of dollars, but that figure is not that relevant, just make sure you don't break the bank when testing this idea.

Good luck, buddy.

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
how much money did you invest in starting up your business? Just curious. :)
Doesn't matter. Don't risk more than you can afford.

For some people that is $200 for other it is tens of thousands, or more.

Bite the bullet, try it and correct fast - you won't get it right first time - and you won't get it right by trying to second guess everything.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
€0 of my own actual money to get started. Plenty of unpaid time though.

Clients paid (and still pay) me to provide a service.

They’ve also paid to build my team, processes, and technologies.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Bout 350.

Jk, more like $6000 which was all my savings at the time in 2016. But my waiter job covered rent so I wasn't too worried.

Now i'm starting to spend around $80,000 every 3-4 months or so for inventory :eek:

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Started it with literally $50-$100. I think my first order was for 5 items or something like that lol. Starting is often cheap... it is growing the business that can get real expensive.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Bump it up! I am also curious ;-)

jimmeboy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Nov 24, 2009
Cost me 1k to start my online business which I sold 5 years later for over a million bucks. What's that? An ROI of 100,000% +.

Best investment I've ever made was in backing myself! Go out and grab your dreams by the balls and enjoy the ride.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
About 900 bucks.

Cost me 1k to start my online business which I sold 5 years later for over a million bucks. What's that? An ROI of 100,000% +.

Best investment I've ever made was in backing myself! Go out and grab your dreams by the balls and enjoy the ride.

Holy shit, is your story here? Congrats man! So much better than sitting around waiting for 8% in the stock market eh?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.