The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I Make Over $100,000+ a Year from My Laptop (full blueprint)

jkennedy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
532%
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas, USA
@jkennedy
The lesson here is to make sure you are going through the appropriate channels on the forum if links are getting posted to your product, ie. The Marketplace.

I think some people get too caught up in the type of product being pitched, OP did provide a lot of information if one was looking to do this sort of sales.

I feel this is the appropriate channel for what I posted.
There are no links or pitched to any of my products in here in fact I explicitly tell everyone in the thread NOT to buy my product.
The contents are already here.

It's so nice to see people complain about someone trying to freely help them completely revolutionize their life (not talking about you). And generally they are doing nothing themselves, just complaining. That is what is wrong with our generation.

EDIT: MJ informed me below why I'm getting pushback here and I understand. So I'll apologies for my criticism here.

Thanks for the kind remarks, I'm happy that you realize there was some value here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's so nice to see people complain about someone trying to freely help them completely revolutionize their life (not talking about you). And generally they are doing nothing themselves, just complaining. That is what is wrong with our generation.

Just so you know, you're getting that because 9 times out of 10 these posts (from someone relatively new) are a prelude to a sales pitch later, or a "PM me for details" or a marketplace mentor program for the very low price of $5K. You're also getting that because the regulars here have sour taste in their mouth for Warrior Forum type stuff. Quite frankly we've seen far too many "gift horses" really be Trojan horses. So while there might be some great value in the content, their initial impression is to be cautious if not downright skeptical.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I didn't read everything because tl;dr, but having been an affiliate before, my question is...

Assuming the screen shots are real, and I have no reason to believe they aren't, how much did you spend on Facebook ads and other advertising to earn it? Advertising isn't cheap and most affiliate break even or lose money without gaming the system. That would be the "secret" behind your success IMO. But if you're like any other affiliate, I'm guessing most of your profit goes away when you consider ad costs.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Hey thanks for the post man. The simplification stuff is awesome. When I was doing this stuff the only thing you mentioned that I didn't do was to create my own product and promote to the list generated from it. I wasn't a creator/value giver back then. I was chasing money via affiliate marketing.

Saving this to my iBooks as this will be very useful.

jkennedy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
532%
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas, USA
Just so you know, you're getting that because 9 times out of 10 these posts (from someone relatively new) are a prelude to a sales pitch later, or a "PM me for details" or a marketplace mentor program for the very low price of $5K. You're also getting that because the regulars here have sour taste in their mouth for Warrior Forum type stuff. Quite frankly we've seen far too many "gift horses" really be Trojan horses. So while there might be some great value in the content, their initial impression is to be cautious if not downright skeptical.

@MJ DeMarco , that does make perfect sense.
I haven't been on this forum in a few years, this was my first post back and I didn't realize the cronies from WF had made their way here. While I got started on WF, I've been inactive there for years for the very reasons you point out.

I honestly just wanted to share some stuff from my experience and I thought a real life case study would be appropriate.

Thanks for your comment, I'll definitely keep this in mind for future posts (I may even restructure/re-write this one).

jkennedy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
532%
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas, USA
I didn't read everything because tl;dr, but having been an affiliate before, my question is...

Assuming the screen shots are real, and I have no reason to believe they aren't, how much did you spend on Facebook ads and other advertising to earn it? Advertising isn't cheap and most affiliate break even or lose money without gaming the system. That would be the "secret" behind your success IMO. But if you're like any other affiliate, I'm guessing most of your profit goes away when you consider ad costs.

Great question.
For my products, I have an army of affiliates who drive the traffic for me.
For affiliate products, I send emails recommending them to my email list.

My costs are web hosting, page builder and autoresponder.

My vendor "profits" equate to about 50-60% of the vendor gross (affiliates & partners get the rest)
Affiliate profits are 100% mine.

Mind you, the screenshots and proof video only include 2 of my accounts.
I'm not showing all my accounts on various platforms (I use about different 6 commerce platforms).
And I'm only showing for the online/digital marketing niche.. I'm also in survival, cannabis, fidget spinners, physcial goods arbitrage (hot) and another.

With physical goods I DO spend on ads and the margins vary depending on the product.

I posted about information products here specifically because it requires extremely little budget with incredible margins.

Last edited:

jkennedy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
532%
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas, USA
Hey thanks for the post man. The simplification stuff is awesome. When I was doing this stuff the only thing you mentioned that I didn't do was to create my own product and promote to the list generated from it. I wasn't a creator/value giver back then. I was chasing money via affiliate marketing.

Saving this to my iBooks as this will be very useful.

It's easy to let the money get in your eyes.
I've fell to that trap myself before.
Focus on giving and helping and the money will just come.

Thanks for the compliments.

SethTavis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 2, 2016
Little Rock, Arkansas
Dude I live about 20 mins from you (assuming your still living 8mins outside central AR) . I ran across your post by running a forum search for "Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff" (I like to see if a audiobook/book I'm thinking about getting is worth my time or not).

I just skimmed over your post and I have to say red flags went up. I'm more into creating something rather then just marketing, but you seem to be doing something right. I will need to market my product when I'm finished, so I'll be back to pick up any nuggets of wisdom and value you have left in this post.

If you are just trying to provide value that's awesome! I have mad respect for people that take the time to share the process and mistakes to avoid.

EDIT: Sorry for typos, I have working sense 2am to get the "Job" work done so I can spend the rest of the day working on the product.

Last edited:

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Whats your average cost to collect an email? What is the ltv of an email you remarket to?

James Price

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 2, 2017
England
Would you say that a value giving website would be the best way to start the list? Such as a blog/article website on the particular niche?

jkennedy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
532%
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas, USA
Would you say that a value giving website would be the best way to start the list? Such as a blog/article website on the particular niche?

It "can" be a way to start and there is nothing wrong with a blog of course but I don't personally maintain a regular blog. I've tried in the past and realize I don't keep my posts regular like I should.

Blogs are a great source of traffic but I prefer to leverage other people's blogs for traffic instead of my own.

James Price

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 2, 2017
England
It "can" be a way to start and there is nothing wrong with a blog of course but I don't personally maintain a regular blog. I've tried in the past and realize I don't keep my posts regular like I should.

Blogs are a great source of traffic but I prefer to leverage other people's blogs for traffic instead of my own.
Thanks for the answer!

That's very interesting. Not only will you save time, also the need to be on your list will increase as their is no other way to get your content.

Out of interest do you write each email yourself? Or did you (If they are all already written and scheduled) or do you outsource that task?

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015
That's very interesting. Not only will you save time, also the need to be on your list will increase as their is no other way to get your content.

I probably have a bit too much free time on my hands but in my vast experience of killing time online, there does not appear to be any shortage of content. Seems like creating value is one of the major challenges starting out. It probably helps to put the blinders on (i.e. not look at what others are doing too much).

James Price

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 2, 2017
England
I probably have a bit too much free time on my hands but in my vast experience of killing time online, there does not appear to be any shortage of content. Seems like creating value is one of the major challenges starting out. It probably helps to put the blinders on (i.e. not look at what others are doing too much).
Yeah I'm asking myself how I could add value to an already value filled, content rich wealth of knowledge.

I have a few ideas for specific topics/niches. I guess I'll have to go out and test them!

That being said I'm still reading the 1st book, so I will finish them both first. But I'm enjoying my ideas transform as I read more!

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
Thanks for doing this post. Admittedly, I have some of the same concerns as others. However, I have SO MANY questions because I'm trying to execute on this exact strategy and I am struggling to generate more that $1,000 per month. Hopefully answering questions like mine will help sway the opinions. So here it goes...

Your website is in the make-money-online niche. Is that where all your revenue above come from?

Are you operating this strategy in any other niches? How are they performing?

I appreciate that it looks like most of your income comes from your own products while only a fraction comes from affiliates. To generate that revenue, how many products are for sale?

How do you price your products?

Is your main marketing strategy to have affiliates sell your stuff? If so, may I ask what your profit percentages are?

Do you do PPC pointing to your products? Re-marketing pixels? How do you manage revenue vs profit with this strategy?​

I know these questions sound like I'm trying to find the holes in your claims, but I'm really just trying to figure out how to make this strategy work for me. I have tons of traffic, but rely on ads for meager revenue. I only have 2 products for sale (they only sell a few per month) and 1 product almost ready so I am hoping that having a few more products will allow me to cross-market and ramp up sales.

Truthfully, I struggle to think of selling info products as a true business because I bucket what I am doing in with make-money-online stuff, which I find kind of predatory (no offense). However, I see something like HBR.org and that keeps me somewhat motivated, although their info products are really lead magnets to $30,000 executive training classes. I guess I can do the same on a smaller scale.

Thanks for the time you are taking to offer this info and to answer our somewhat abrasive questions.

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015
Thanks for doing this post. Admittedly, I have some of the same concerns as others. However, I have SO MANY questions because I'm trying to execute on this exact strategy and I am struggling to generate more that $1,000 per month. Hopefully answering questions like mine will help sway the opinions. So here it goes...

Your website is in the make-money-online niche. Is that where all your revenue above come from?

Are you operating this strategy in any other niches? How are they performing?

I appreciate that it looks like most of your income comes from your own products while only a fraction comes from affiliates. To generate that revenue, how many products are for sale?

How do you price your products?

Is your main marketing strategy to have affiliates sell your stuff? If so, may I ask what your profit percentages are?

Do you do PPC pointing to your products? Re-marketing pixels? How do you manage revenue vs profit with this strategy?​

I know these questions sound like I'm trying to find the holes in your claims, but I'm really just trying to figure out how to make this strategy work for me. I have tons of traffic, but rely on ads for meager revenue. I only have 2 products for sale (they only sell a few per month) and 1 product almost ready so I am hoping that having a few more products will allow me to cross-market and ramp up sales.

Truthfully, I struggle to think of selling info products as a true business because I bucket what I am doing in with make-money-online stuff, which I find kind of predatory (no offense). However, I see something like HBR.org and that keeps me somewhat motivated, although their info products are really lead magnets to $30,000 executive training classes. I guess I can do the same on a smaller scale.

Thanks for the time you are taking to offer this info and to answer our somewhat abrasive questions.

I'm definitely armchair quarterbacking here so take this with a huge grain of your preferred crystal.

It sounds to me like you should kill your ads (no one likes them anyway) and focus your efforts on selling your own products. Perhaps better copy, more prominent placement of your products, etc.

Also grow your email list and use marketing campaigns to generate repeat visitors if you haven't already.

Finally, I'm sure your attitude about your product shows through in your content or attitude somehow. You should try to figure out exactly what about your efforts you feel are predatory and work to change them. This circles back to the basic TMFL strategy: Build Value.

davidsawyer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 6, 2016
I have a question @jkennedy . How you deal with all those free resources that are available on for example youtube? Let's say I want to know "how-to" whatever, I would just go and youtube it. IF it's not there, I would google more but it's very unlikely you can't find anything about what you are looking for.

So how then people would buy a $10 guide that says how to improve your golf swing when you can probably find hundreds of youtubers speaking about it for free? Your blueprint sounds great but I am surprised of how it could really work.

Thanks!

drpeppehr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 10, 2017
USA
I have a question @jkennedy . How you deal with all those free resources that are available on for example youtube? Let's say I want to know "how-to" whatever, I would just go and youtube it. IF it's not there, I would google more but it's very unlikely you can't find anything about what you are looking for.

So how then people would buy a $10 guide that says how to improve your golf swing when you can probably find hundreds of youtubers speaking about it for free? Your blueprint sounds great but I am surprised of how it could really work.

Thanks!

I agree completely.

While you have provided a lot of value OP, you seem like you're really trying to sell me on the fact that it's 'easy and quick' to just create how to guides or go on fiver, and then have a luxurious lifestyle. To make millions, you have to affect millions. To make cheap little 'how to' guides and sell bunches of them, when everyone just goes on Google to learn information is just not very realistic.

Laurex

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 12, 2017
Romania
I agree completely.

While you have provided a lot of value OP, you seem like you're really trying to sell me on the fact that it's 'easy and quick' to just create how to guides or go on fiver, and then have a luxurious lifestyle. To make millions, you have to affect millions. To make cheap little 'how to' guides and sell bunches of them, when everyone just goes on Google to learn information is just not very realistic.
Think about it like this: people may not want to know "how to do xxxxx" but "how J did xxxxx" (J being an average Joe they can relate to). That's what people pay for in such cases,step by step instructions coming from someone who had a real experience with it.

davidsawyer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 6, 2016
Think about it like this: people may not want to know "how to do xxxxx" but "how J did xxxxx" (J being an average Joe they can relate to). That's what people pay for in such cases,step by step instructions coming from someone who had a real experience with it.
Yes but for that you need to do few things. You need to create value for people so you get a good proven reputation of what you do is legit. This doesn't happen overnight, requires a lot of work. You cannot just be a total stranger and pretend to sell whatever product you have (or others) if you don't have a solid reputation on what you do. If i see some landing page online trying to make me take action I will close it immediately, and I think most of the average Joes will do, or what do you think?

hayden0001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 23, 2016
Hey man,

Just wanted to thank you for this post. I was just thinking about to generate revenue with the current assets i have (email list), and boom.... your post.

Thanks for breaking it down... is pretty simple when you break it down like you did.

Question: Did your sales come from publishing on amazon for your ebooks or directly from your various landing pages? Just trying to think about where to start first...

Your the man thank you for this.....

how long did it all take you to reach $100 000 after everything?

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
This post gave me flashbacks to all the bro-marketing campaigns that now poison my Facebook feed. If you have the sentence, "I'll show you the exact steps how to get it done, it's so easy!" that is a huge red flag for me.

Real business isn't "so easy", its many years of backbreaking work and adding massive value, which can't be purchased for a monthly fee of $97/mo.

Also, if you have to post a video PROVING that you aren't full of shit, that's also a giant red flag. I even saw this clickfunnel once where some guy took a freakin' lie detector test to prove to his audience that he was "for real". Yikes.

Do your homework people, read between the lines for these things.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A subtle little difference. You have me thinking now. Thanks.

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
I mean...
If I had quitted my job, made a business plan for online income that works like magic,
If I had worked my a$$ off to achieve that,
And if I had made 6 figures(or more) passive as the post claims..
DO I really want to tell other people that easy?

Do you want my car keys too and my bancomat pin?

Mj said something similar in Unscripted too.

That's just my opinion..
I have only one mentor, he is in real estate/clubs business, well known guy from where I came from.
And to actually make him willing to teach me stuff, I have to work my a$$ off.

I don't know.. for me it just doesn't work this way, maybe it's just my life experience.
I'd rather buy a dream than follow a simple steps guide.

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
I like all the information , you just need to decide what will work for you. I question when I see all you have to do is . I've seen this before from other gurus selling something that is old news and will not be effective in today's climate . But appreciate all the tips and take it for what its worth.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I'm quite stunned at some of the negativity being directed towards the OP. The vibe I get from him is he genuinely wants to pass off some info that may help somebody. He has blatantly told you not to buy any of his info that he's dumping it for free; he was completely up front that some of the material we were reading was from his course. Even if he was selling something, which he isn't, everyone has a choice as to whether to buy or not.

Also quite obvious was that he said that he was showing us one out of six channels merely to make a point; the point being that you could make regular cash from an online business. He asked that we please give it a go because some people (not him) had gone from tight spots to millionaires.

Surely all information of this type should come with the caveat, it depend's what you put in, I can't believe that those words need to be put in a post.

Anyway I found this post useful as I have written around 30,000 words in various articles, blogs, and essays which I have been thinking about editing and adding new content and making it some kind of ebook, or eseries.

The info contained within this post is exactly what I needed to hear, the content is relatively no problem for me, however I didn't understand the route to market, and now I do. As far as I'm concerned, this is the type of user we want to encourage on this platform, I understand some of the cynicism from some of the old-stagers, however I would hope that everyone is judged on merit, rather than past behaviour of others.

Thank you OP ++Rep Transfered.

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
I'm quite stunned at some of the negativity being directed towards the OP. The vibe I get from him is he genuinely wants to pass off some info that may help somebody. He has blatantly told you not to buy any of his info that he's dumping it for free; he was completely up front that some of the material we were reading was from his course. Even if he was selling something, which he isn't, everyone has a choice as to whether to buy or not.

Also quite obvious was that he said that he was showing us one out of six channels merely to make a point; the point being that you could make regular cash from an online business. He asked that we please give it a go because some people (not him) had gone from tight spots to millionaires.

Surely all information of this type should come with the caveat, it depend's what you put in, I can't believe that those words need to be put in a post.

Anyway I found this post useful as I have written around 30,000 words in various articles, blogs, and essays which I have been thinking about editing and adding new content and making it some kind of ebook, or eseries.

The info contained within this post is exactly what I needed to hear, the content is relatively no problem for me, however I didn't understand the route to market, and now I do. As far as I'm concerned, this is the type of user we want to encourage on this platform, I understand some of the cynicism from some of the old-stagers, however I would hope that everyone is judged on merit, rather than past behaviour of others.

Thank you OP ++Rep Transfered.

It's incredible.

I really enjoyed the bit about leveraging on influencers and affiliate traffic. Flat fee vs commission, which worked best?

The influencers not only lend their traffic but their credibility and trust to your product guide which just makes conversion a bit more smooth.

Great information OP.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.