The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I built a following of 3.8 Million on Instagram. Blueprint

Jinn Sola

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
Nov 16, 2018
Yes exactly. Which settings do you use there?

Good question! This mostly depends on your individual situation. What I use in IGcompanion are scheduled commands timed like an actual human would grow an account.

G

Guest62234

Hey man thanks for sharing this info! Have you ever had an account deleted and if so what was the reason?

Also what are your thoughts on Social Drift?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jinn Sola

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
Nov 16, 2018
What do you think of Hootsuite? Is it better than buffer?

You can definitely go with Hootsuite also. It does not matter for the needed functionality

Jinn Sola

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
Nov 16, 2018
Hey man thanks for sharing this info! Have you ever had an account deleted and if so what was the reason?

Also what are your thoughts on Social Drift?

You are welcome! Yes definitely, I had about 3 accounts being taken away from me due to various reasons of me going to aggressive on botting settings. It ridiculously took me quite some time to notice that I needed to fake natural, humanly behaviour to not get noticed by Instagrams botting detection services, and since then, this has worked out successfully for me.

Don't have an opinion on social drift. Never tried it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
@Jinn Sola : I've a brand IG account which I've stopped posting on since July this year.
It has 5k followers.

Should I start a brand new account?

I heard that when an IG account is inactive for too long, the followers on it are no longer active and eventually when I post on this again, they won't engage and this makes the no. of people who see it go even lower.

sisqokc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 31, 2018
Munich
E-commerce is simple. The people who land there are already interested in your product(s). Else they would not be there.

I am a control freak that tries to avoid all kinds of unnecessary reoccurring extra costs. Self-host all your services. I don't see why people use 3rd party like Shopify, well actually I see why, because they are lazy. Basically they make you pay hundreds a month and still restrict you in a lot of ways that require you to up the monthly payments to them, so that you can scale further. F them.

As said I am an ultra control freak. That's why I have hired 2 freelance programmers that build a complete commerce system from scratch based on a programming framework I think called Larabel or something like this. This has immense advantages for me because whenever I want a new feature and that happens often they will exactly implement it they way I want it and not tell me "this is only possible if you purchase another plan". It even integrates with the mobile apps that I am about to release soon.
The only 3rd party necessary here are payment provider gateways like Stripe and Paypal.
However, if you are just in the beginning and want to go simple try out Wordpress WooCommerce or maybe Magento (have only heard of it, never tried)

I moved out from my parent's house about 2 years ago and now use their basement as a storage for the products I sell. I spend some time there every day, process the open orders and in the afternoon our local shipping provider comes by and picks the packages up.

Takeaway:
- Marketing is everything. Commerce is nothing. Anyone can sell online via a commerce system, but only those who put in the work and strategy can market.
- Customer support is everything after Marketing. Leave every customer happy and overdeliver to their expectations. We are living in a world where online advertising dominates but forget mouth-to-mouth conversations can make or ruin a business

Hi Jinn Sola,
and first of all congratulations to your success! I’m living in Germany as well so it’s uplifting to see you on the success path.

Coming to my question:
When you talked about your “brand” and your “products” do you mean:
1) Your own product (self designed / brand you own) or
2) Products from a 3rd party brand that you’re selling in your shop (so that the Term “Brand” is actually referring to your shop and not the products)?

Thx for the reply and happy new year by the way! ;-)

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
@Jinn Sola : I've a brand IG account which I've stopped posting on since July this year.
It has 5k followers.

Should I start a brand new account?

I heard that when an IG account is inactive for too long, the followers on it are no longer active and eventually when I post on this again, they won't engage and this makes the no. of people who see it go even lower.

I'm interested in knowing the answer to this question as well, if anyone knows...

(I'm inclined to believe that you are correct with what you have written here...But would like to hear from someone who knows...)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Experience shows that advertising to the same amount of total followers (one time a single brand account, other multiple accounts where the followers have interest in the topic, not the brand necessarily) differs drastically. With the described approach in this thread the conversation rate increases by 60% +
I'm confused by what you are saying... are you saying a niche topic account performs way better than a brand-specific account?

What kind of content does best? How do you get this content?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.