The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you use The Fastlane Forum?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Super curious here..

How do you use this forum?

When you log on, do you hit the new threads, do you only look at people you follow, do you use search to find something relevant to your interests?

Do any of you use methods, tools, or "workflows" that are consistent that help you consume content and also find opportunities to provide information?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Branko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Mar 30, 2021
Super curious here..

How do you use this forum?

When you log on, do you hit the new threads, do you only look at people you follow, do you use search to find something relevant to your interests?

Do any of you use methods, tools, or "workflows" that are consistent that help you consume content and also find opportunities to provide information?
Well, I don't really know what I'm doing. I just hop on, hoping i'll find a valuable thread, idea or discussion. But the truth is, im afraid that this forum is actually a distraction/procrastination disguised in productivity or learning. To some degree I do learn a lot here, but the problem is I know what I should be doing. I have to take action and continue learning the skill I need so I can work how I want, and all of that happens outside the forum. It's the whole producer consumer dilema again... I want to produce valuable posts from what I've learned and achieved IRL, and bring those lessons here, to give to the community.

Thank you for this post. It gave me a chance to be hones with myself.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I typically hit the main page for new posts when I seek to break up my day. Currently, I like the social aspect of the forum most. I'll also scan updates to threads I watch.

At times I set aside for learning, I'll sometimes hit saved threads instead of reading a book. These often lead to buying more books. :rofl:

Once in a while, I'll Google a topic with site:thefastlaneforum.com search operator to see if anyone here has experience with an issue or problem or maybe I can find a subject matter expert. Problem with that last one is so many people have left or made their profile private so I can't reach out.

DMNinja

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 14, 2021
Greece/ Cyprus
Watching this thread. To answer your question:

I log in, notice if any of the threads I'm watching have been updated. After reading through, I reassess me still following. After cleanup, I may lookup threads with the topics that are of immediate interest and add those.

If I don't do any of that, I update my own journal and execution thread, and then look for the topics.

I've found that I use the forum best when I don't idle around adding random bits to conversations, similar to @JScott but unlike him, I don't usually have something valuable to add to those threads I respond to, although I do my very best.

To be honest though, It's a process that still needs refining. If you were to keep a single takeaway from what I said is to keep your followed list small, and update it regularly. Follow only specific people that are teaching what you want to learn. That's just about it.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Pop in, see if any threads I've been in have been bumped.

Otherwise I click on the most interesting titles and see whats going on.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
1. Check my alerts if any - I use the "watch" tab often
2. Browse the main page (mostly daily)
3. Sometimes go to the Your Content tab and then go to Watched Content tab

4. Always use SEARCH when I have a question or topic/idea/research
(Search: probably the most under-utilized button for some, but extremely helpful). There is unmarked GOLD in old content sometimes.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I get to speak my mind on this forum. I hope I help people by giving them a point of view colored by my 45 years of business experience. I can explain a lot of the history that I have personally lived. I enjoy the conversations and the different approaches to problems.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I get to speak my mind on this forum. I hope I help people by giving them a point of view colored by my 45 years of business experience. I can explain a lot of the history that I have personally lived. I enjoy the conversations and the different approaches to problems.
I don't think I've told you this, but I really value your comments and posts. Thank you for taking the time.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Well, I don't really know what I'm doing. I just hop on, hoping i'll find a valuable thread, idea or discussion. But the truth is, im afraid that this forum is actually a distraction/procrastination disguised in productivity or learning. To some degree I do learn a lot here, but the problem is I know what I should be doing. I have to take action and continue learning the skill I need so I can work how I want, and all of that happens outside the forum. It's the whole producer consumer dilema again... I want to produce valuable posts from what I've learned and achieved IRL, and bring those lessons here, to give to the community.

Thank you for this post. It gave me a chance to be hones with myself.

It certainly can be a distraction or productivity fake if you allow it. At a minimum i guess, better waste your time here then on nonsense elsewhere if you are going to allow yourself to do that in the first place (which no one should).

I think the forum can be incredibly valuable to help solve problems collectively and like you said inspire others or be inspired by others. I assume that's why the progress section has always been popular.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I typically hit the main page for new posts when I seek to break up my day. Currently, I like the social aspect of the forum most. I'll also scan updates to threads I watch.

At times I set aside for learning, I'll sometimes hit saved threads instead of reading a book. These often lead to buying more books. :rofl:

Once in a while, I'll Google a topic with site:thefastlaneforum.com search operator to see if anyone here has experience with an issue or problem or maybe I can find a subject matter expert. Problem with that last one is so many people have left or made their profile private so I can't reach out.
Valuable, thank you!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
1. Check my alerts if any - I use the "watch" tab often
2. Browse the main page (mostly daily)
3. Sometimes go to the Your Content tab and then go to Watched Content tab

4. Always use SEARCH when I have a question or topic/idea/research
(Search: probably the most under-utilized button for some, but extremely helpful). There is unmarked GOLD in old content sometimes.
Tha challenge I have always had with watching threads is in this format, you get a lot of nonsense. I love threaded replies that have taken over in the past decade (starting with gmail and reddit) because you can stay in a certain lane on a top and voting over all helps keep the nonsense conversation down.

The downside being collective perspective can be a bad thing. If you have a vote system that is dominated by a certain "type" of person, their bias will always rise while counter arguments or different view points disappear or are out of view.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
I generally stick to the main page and my notifications. However, I also:

• use search if I have a topic/keyword in mind
  • sometimes go to a relevant sections of the forum that relate to what I do or have interest in.
  • go back to GOLD threads that I feel like I need a refresher on.
  • start a thread to either communicate an idea or ask a question (Hopefully something that is new or at least of some quality worthy of discussion.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.