What's new

Helping Car Detailers Make Profit

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

perchboy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Aug 7, 2022
Messages
656
Location
Toronto, Canada
Rep Bank
$3,510
User Power: 327%
Intro:

I've been in the detailing niche (on and off) for almost 4 years now and I've had lots of success.


Detailing is a magical niche:
- $300 to clean a car
- the competition is all solo detailers doing it as a side hustle
- everyone has a car (lots of demand)
- 0 skill barrier, there is only a marketing barrier
- its a local business so you're only competing with people from your city

Almost every detailer is passionate about cars and they never make over 15k/month because they don't focus on the marketing side. As Mitch C pointed out I hate cars and always only did detailing for the money which allowed me to beat the competition

I've generated lots of jobs through lots of different channels throughout the years and my #1 bottleneck has always been scaling the fulfillment (which I hate).



Progress So Far

I have over 50 contractors who used to work for me so I offered my best contractors free trials with Google Ads - $20/day adspend & $500/month retainer if they're happy with the results after the first 30 days.

At 5 days in, 2/3 of my free trials were at over 10x ROI so I hard closed them to upgrade, 1 of them agreed and 1 of them faked the payment to me and then complained I'm taking too much (@IceCreamKid he was Indian lol) but no hate to the Indians I love them in Canada.

I was happy after that so I called up another old detailer and hard closed him $500/month.

So right now I'm at 1k MRR after 5 days of starting.

I have a few free trials I need to launch but I ABSOLUTELY REGRET OFFERING FREE TRIALS I should've just charged them $1000 upfront because I've already sent soooo many jobs to these contractors they know I'm the marketing boss when it comes to detailing.



I am the best detailing marketer in Canada:
I've gotten daily jobs before from ALL of these channels at different points in my past 4 years:
- NextDoor App
- Facebook Ads
- GMB
- Google Ads
- Organic SEO
- AI SEO

I've even gotten jobs before from Johnnboy's Slybroadcast method lmaooo

I haven't detailed in 2 years and have been fully working on the marketing side of things while contracting out all the work. I'm more experienced with the marketing than any other detailer.


My Plan:
- Continue/start getting results for my current free trials and paid clients. I already got 1 referral lead (I'm going to try to close him)
- Launch YouTube videos: I have been posting about my life and business for 4 years and I've always wanted to be famous and feature on a Drake song so YouTube is a life goal for me



YouTube Strategy:
I'm going to post unhinged YouTube videos for detailers that are going to controversial for the detailing circlejerk community:

- Why better chemicals will never make you rich
- Detailing is like Bitcoin in 2008
- Why most detailers never succeed



I have so many old videos I made of my business journey:
- Running clueless FB Ads 4 years ago and losing money
- Going D2D for every niche
- Me blogging while taking a shit
- Me ripping out my hair because I couldn't make any money
- Me celebrating after making thousands per day
- Me telling the camera I got lazy and went from 60k>0k

And I never told a single lie on YouTube in 4 years because all these videos are private, but I'm going to make them publuc to build trust.



What am I going to sell?

I don't know if I'll continue with the $500 retainers, or do $5000/month, Skool community, coaching, 1 time implementation setup fee, rev share.

I'm not in a position where I even need money right now but more money is always nice and building this will be super fun.



Strategy for getting jobs for detailers:
I want to combine all the channels I've succeeded with together to help any detailer crush it in their city and become OVERBOOKED to the point where they need to hire employees. I could never scale past my home city because I've always been lazy with the fulfillment and hate talking to other humans and managing people.

If a detailer signed up with me I can set their mindset, call scripts, and prices right for making profit. And then get them jobs TODAY with Nextdoor, have traffic come in fast with Facebook and Google Ads, feed real reviews to the company's GMB page, and build out the SEO which takes a while.

The detailer would just have to fulfill the work coming in their city, and I'd be able to help detailers in every city without having to do any boring fulfillment:love:




I have a problem with switching businesses all the time and I don't know what the final product of what I'm trying to do here will be, but I know that my #1 skill is landing detailing jobs. I know this market inside and out guys sometimes I looked at the outlet in my girlfriend's house and thought of the outlet detailers require to power our vacuums!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O'wi hipisevif muvt ug kuct vjsuahj muvt ug foggisipv djeppimt vjsuahjuav vji ziest epf nz #1 cuvvmipidl jet emxezt ciip tdemoph vji gamgommnipv (xjodj O jevi).

Xjodj upi ot nusi vsai?

1) Des fiveomoph et e podji ot katv pevasemmz usoipvif vuxesf tnemm tumu uqisevust jatvmoph gus nupiz, epf tu vji citv xez gus ni vu neli tdemecmi nupiz ot vu timm vjin tadditt & jewi vjin qez ni e qusvoup ug xjev vjiz neli

2) Des fiveomist esi puv tuqjotvodevif us catopitt-tewwz epf xuamf ci civvis ugg et inqmuziit us tacdupvsedvust, tu vji citv xez gus ni vu neli tdemecmi nupiz ot vu timm vjin e kuc & liiq vji qsugovt gsun fiveomoph xusl

Xjz? Dab zua katv teof xjev vji cuvvmipidl xet: vji mecuas! Xjodj niept vji fiveomist esi vji upit xju piif vu ci tumf.

Esi zua huoph vu timm vjin tadditt (neslivoph tiswodit, Tluum hsuaqt, mieft) us esi zua huoph vu timm vjin e kuc (tvecmi qez, sihames kuc gmux, raodl iespopht)?
 
Xjodj upi ot nusi vsai?

1) Des fiveomoph et e podji ot katv pevasemmz usoipvif vuxesf tnemm tumu uqisevust jatvmoph gus nupiz, epf tu vji citv xez gus ni vu neli tdemecmi nupiz ot vu timm vjin tadditt & jewi vjin qez ni e qusvoup ug xjev vjiz neli

2) Des fiveomist esi puv tuqjotvodevif us catopitt-tewwz epf xuamf ci civvis ugg et inqmuziit us tacdupvsedvust, tu vji citv xez gus ni vu neli tdemecmi nupiz ot vu timm vjin e kuc & liiq vji qsugovt gsun fiveomoph xusl

Xjz? Dab zua katv teof xjev vji cuvvmipidl xet: vji mecuas! Xjodj niept vji fiveomist esi vji upit xju piif vu ci tumf.

Esi zua huoph vu timm vjin tadditt (neslivoph tiswodit, Tluum hsuaqt, mieft) us esi zua huoph vu timm vjin e kuc (tvecmi qez, sihames kuc gmux, raodl iespopht)?

Huuf raitvoup. Miv ni vsz eptxisoph jupitvmz.


1. Vjot ot vsai cideati vjisi esi muvt ug tumu fiveomist xju xepv vu hsux e catopitt epf og vjiz xepvif e fief ipf kuc vjiz xuamf katv hiv e kuc optvief ug fuoph fiveomoph.


2. 90% ug fiveomist jewi pu tewopht epf vjopl tnemm. Vjiz fup'v iwip xepv vu evvinqv eft us epzvjoph. Muvt esi apsimoecmi itqidoemmz xjip xi upcuesf pix upit, epf ov ot e duptvepv siwumwoph fuus vu siqmedi uav dupvsedvust


Tacdupvsedvoph kuct:

O katv vumf nztimg, O en raovvoph cideati vji d

1. Goyecmi - Hivvoph kuct op ges dovoit ot wisz ietz, epf vji ef dutv ot xez mitt vjep vji neop dovoit. Dupvsedvust djeshi 100+ iyvse gus kuct 1.5j exez

2. Goyecmi - Xjip O cuul kuct op, O piif muvt ug dupvsedvust up tvepfcz epf og O en fiqipfipv up 1 qistup, vji dupvsedvust qsodi huahi ni.

3. Goyecmi - Xjip xi dupvsedvif xusl uav, xi cuulif vji kuct op sohjv exez xjip vjiz demmif epf xi jef pu demipfes. Uas sami xet CUUL VJIN OP XJEVIWIS VONI VJIZ XEPV EPF FU PUV MUTI VJI KUC. Muvt ug vonit xi jef kuct teni fez us up vuu tjusv puvodi epf pu dupvsedvust duamf gamgomm ov.


Vjiti vjopht xisi emm goyecmi op nz catopitt cav O xet mebz vu fu vjev cideati O katv xepvif vu hiv nusi kuct epf puv gudat up gamgommnipv. O xuamf jevi vu tqiel vu epz ug vjiti xuslist, opviswoix, us iwip uqip nz XjevtEqq hsuaq djev.


Ot vjot e wemof sietup vu raov? Og O dep neli nupiz jimqoph qiuqmi nesliv vjios fiveomoph catopitt (tunivjoph O moli vu fu) wt nepehoph vji uqisevoupt ug nz gamgommnipv, vjip O'f nadj sevjis fu vji gusnis.


O emsiefz jewi 2 qiuqmi xju qeof ni vu sap eft gus vjin, tu vji finepf ot jisi. O vjopl vji nesliv ot coh ipuahj xjisi O dep neli muvt ug nupiz timmoph des fiveomoph vu datvunist, epf O dep emtu neli muvt ug nupiz timmoph tadditt vu fiveomist.
 
Huuf madl, @qisdjcuz. O jewi e giimoph zua'mm ci ev tumof gowi gohasit op NSS emsiefz op 2027, og puv iwip toy gohasit.

O onehopi vji jesfitv qesv ot timmoph vu qiuqmi xju nez medl tuni catopitt edanip. Tu nezci vsz vu qsousovobi vuq qmezist gostv epf vjip ati vjiti deti tvafoit vu iyqmeop ov vu iwiszupi imti?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom