The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have your podcast audio edited and mixed for FREE

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
Yes, you read that title correctly.

I am an audio professional in the process of building a podcast audio post production business. Specifically, I'm looking for companies or individuals to get me raw audio of a podcast they have recorded. The audio can be from a podcast that is already live, or something new that you plan on using. I will then edit, mix and send it back to you for feedback.

I am offering to do this FREE (for a short time) to this community so that I can have samples to show potential clients. I could use this space to sell to you and make all kinds of promises, but talk is cheap; I would rather my work speak for itself. The bottom line is that if you decide that you like my work and want to hire me (or recommend me) in a paid capacity to work on future episodes of your podcast, then we can discuss a mutually beneficial arrangement; However, there's no obligation to do so.

The work that I will perform will include the following:

-Editing (removing "ahs and ums", removing silent parts where room noise is present, etc.)
-Mixing (EQ, dynamics balancing, volume levels, etc.)
-Noise Reduction (minimizing room tone, background noise)
-Add provided intro, outro, sponsor message, and music where necessary
-ID3 Tagging
-Mastering to Broadcast Loudness Standards
-Upload audio

If this interests you, shoot me a message and we'll talk further.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Does your service do audio-book post production?

If I sent you 10 hours of an audiobook voice recording, can you clean it up to remove gaps, clicks, breathing, etc.? Can you make it ready for sale?

If not, this might be another area you can target. . . a ton of self-publishers might have a need for this service.

I know I do.

(@MTF @ChickenHawk is this something you'd buy, an audiobook post-production service?)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes, you read that title correctly.

I am an audio professional in the process of building a podcast audio post production business. Specifically, I'm looking for companies or individuals to get me raw audio of a podcast they have recorded. The audio can be from a podcast that is already live, or something new that you plan on using. I will then edit, mix and send it back to you for feedback.

I am offering to do this FREE (for a short time) to this community so that I can have samples to show potential clients. I could use this space to sell to you and make all kinds of promises, but talk is cheap; I would rather my work speak for itself. The bottom line is that if you decide that you like my work and want to hire me (or recommend me) in a paid capacity to work on future episodes of your podcast, then we can discuss a mutually beneficial arrangement; However, there's no obligation to do so.

The work that I will perform will include the following:

-Editing (removing "ahs and ums", removing silent parts where room noise is present, etc.)
-Mixing (EQ, dynamics balancing, volume levels, etc.)
-Noise Reduction (minimizing room tone, background noise)
-Add provided intro, outro, sponsor message, and music where necessary
-ID3 Tagging
-Mastering to Broadcast Loudness Standards
-Upload audio

If this interests you, shoot me a message and we'll talk further.
Nice.

A few forum members have remarked they don’t like the music in the radio interviews in my signature. I think the first interview is the most listened to with the best feedback.

Maybe we could have a chat about that one? If it was edited then I’d add a link to the edited version in that thread which I’m constantly pointing people to.

I’ve also been meaning to create a podcast on iTunes and add that as the first episode, but have never got round to it because I wouldn’t upload it with music in it.

Those interviews were recorded in a sound studio in a radio station in Dublin so they should be good quality. They sent me the files that I just uploaded to Soundcloud as is. I probably still have the original file somewhere.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
(@MTF @ChickenHawk is this something you'd buy, an audiobook post-production service?)

No, because usually when you work with a narrator this is included in the price.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No, because usually when you work with a narrator this is included in the price.

Yes, but I'm not talking about working with a narrator, I'm talking about doing it yourself.

I narrated TMF but not Unscripted . I get a ton of folks who said they would rather have me narrate and I believe it is the best option to get the totality of the the voice. It just isn't very time effective.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Yes, but I'm not talking about working with a narrator, I'm talking about doing it yourself.

I narrated TMF but not Unscripted . I get a ton of folks who said they would rather have me narrate and I believe it is the best option to get the totality of the the voice. It just isn't very time effective.

Ah, okay. I don't narrate my audiobooks so I can't speak about the value of it from personal experience, but if I were to do it myself I would definitely hire someone to help with ensuring best audio quality as I wouldn't know how to do it well.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013

If I sent you 10 hours of an audiobook voice recording, can you clean it up to remove gaps, clicks, breathing, etc.? Can you make it ready for sale?

If not, this might be another area you can target. . . a ton of self-publishers might have a need for this service.

I know I do.

(@MTF @ChickenHawk is this something you'd buy, an audiobook

I know I do.

Yes I can. The process is mostly the same as podcasts. Hmm, I hadn't considered audio books. Definitely seems to be some opportunity there

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
Nice.

A few forum members have remarked they don’t like the music in the radio interviews in my signature. I think the first interview is the most listened to with the best feedback.

Maybe we could have a chat about that one? If it was edited then I’d add a link to the edited version in that thread which I’m constantly pointing people to.

I’ve also been meaning to create a podcast on iTunes and add that as the first episode, but have never got round to it because I wouldn’t upload it with music in it.

Those interviews were recorded in a sound studio in a radio station in Dublin so they should be good quality. They sent me the files that I just uploaded to Soundcloud as is. I probably still have the original file somewhere.

I can definitely help. If it was recorded in a sound stage, then it probably sounds great. If the music is playing in the background, completely removing it would be very tricky. If it's just intro/outro music, then that's easy. I'll give them a listen tonight or tomorrow when I have more time and we'll chat.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yes I can. The process is mostly the same as podcasts. Hmm, I hadn't considered audio books. Definitely seems to be some opportunity there

There definitely is. I would LOVE to narrate all my audiobooks, I just don't want to edit and put them thru the post-production process, removing clicks, inhales, gaps, etc.

What kind of pricing is there for this type of service? If I give you 10 hours or raw audio files, what am I looking at? Will you edit a 10 minute trial to see if I like the results?

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
What kind of pricing is there for this type of service? If I give you 10 hours or raw audio files, what am I looking at? Will you edit a 10 minute trial to see if I like the results?

For audiobooks, pricing is typically billed based on the number of hours of audio that need to be edited/mixed. The average rate is around $150 per hour of recorded audio, 10 hours = $1500, though I have seen some figures higher than this and some lower.

I'd be happy to do it for $100 per hour of audio, at $1000 total for 10 hours, which covers editing and everything sonically that the audio needs.

And yes, I'd definitely do a trial run of whatever you want to send me!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For audiobooks, pricing is typically billed based on the number of hours of audio that need to be edited/mixed. The average rate is around $150 per hour of recorded audio, 10 hours = $1500, though I have seen some figures higher than this and some lower.

I'd be happy to do it for $100 per hour of audio, at $1000 total for 10 hours, which covers editing and everything sonically that the audio needs.

And yes, I'd definitely do a trial run of whatever you want to send me!

Awesome, hopefully I should be ready to move ahead before the year is over. Will give you a holler then.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.