The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

You probably aren't ready to have your own business.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Zizu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 9, 2023
Croatia
Probably gonna get bashed down here on what is an entrepeneurship forum, but hear me out.

Young people all over the world are F*cking LOST. I've started seeing this more and more the past few years with more and more gurus and "entrepeneurs" showing up on social media. Telling everybody they can become an entrepeneur and earn thousands with NO experience in life whatsoever, with anything.

So what happens now is you have a shitload of gullible teenagers and people in their 20s splurging out hundreds every month on the newest course or private community. I'm going to come clean to you, me (25) and my girlfriend (20) were also one of them.

I paid like 500$ and an additional 99 monthly for Hamza's Adonis School. At the time this wasn't a problem, because if I hadn't stumbled upon him one day I wouldn't be here writing this right now.

But, what a freaking circlejerk that was. Just like most other internet communities. Took a few months to see it's basically a training school for wannabe self-improvement youtubers. It was mostly teenagers in highschool which were told daily that going to college or getting a j-o-b is the worst thing that can happen to you, just keeping them paying the 99 per month because they will succeed if they work hard.

And this is just one of the way how young people are deluded into thinking they are entitled to a 10k/month business.

Are you scaling to 10k/month with your business which helps others scale 10k/month? Or better yet are you a life coach at the age of 16? Give me a break.

Some time later, either a few months in or a few years in - they finally come to the realisation that for most people, this isn't how life works out. Yeah, a few gain success and traction but even from those few, a small percentage will actually succeed long term.

Why?

Back to what we always talk about here. They just care about the money. They don't have a clear vision. The end goal of their business is to upload an instagram story from a co-working space in Bali, with a poke bowl (or whatever) by the food. These are the people who've tried all the internet trends in the past few years, from dropshipping to private communities now, just waiting for the newest thing to earn a dime more.

"But Zizu, you're just ranting cause you're still stuck in your 9-5, you'd also love to work remotely and have your own business".

That's true. At the end of the day I'm just a stupid motorcoach driver. People look down on us all the time. But I'm grateful to be one, because I'm doing the job I love. And it wasn't until recently that I realised YEARS OF EXPERIENCE ARE NECESSARY IF YOU WANT TO HELP ANYBODY WITH ANYTHING.

Since I've discovered that you can earn money online and whatnot, it took ages for me to find a good idea. And the first idea flopped. I saw that I had zero experience and that I was just a wannabe. After a few months hiatus I got to the second idea.

This second idea (a blog about being a motorcoach driver) started taking traction. But only because people see I'm not faking it. I've been in the industry for 7 years and I can share some valuable knowledge. Seeing people with much more experience than me commenting and finding my content valuable brings a smile to my face. This is when I realised how fake everything else was.

And whether this will work or not, I'm not too worried about it. A few hundred bucks on the side would be great, but having a stable income and being responsible towards yourself and your family is much more important than quitting and being some "go all in, take cold showers, eat meat and exercise twice a day" bullshit.

My girlfriend is a similar situation to mine, but I'll respect her privacy and let her share her own story someday.

If this was a TLDR, here are the key takeaways:

• Don't let anybody demonize a 9-5. Plenty of people actually enjoy it and more probably than not, you'll need to work for a few years in a field to gain experience to be able to help somebody.
  • College - If you're just going for the sake of it (e.g. everybody else is doing it) and you have no interests - then sure, think about not enrolling. But if you just read book XY or saw a video about having your own business and now you're thinking about quitting, think twice.
  • If you see anything advertised as "you don't need any experience" - steer clear. They're just there to take your money.
  • Some of you may disagree with me, but everybody should work with a few shitty clients at first - other than the lessons and experience, you'll have something to show for in your portfolio. Otherwise you'll just be a high school graduate with no proof you can help your customer.

/rantover

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piano

Dmin7,8,9,13
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Nice post, agree with most.

However:
And it wasn't until recently that I realised YEARS OF EXPERIENCE ARE NECESSARY IF YOU WANT TO HELP ANYBODY WITH ANYTHING.
I definitely don't agree with this. Sorry but what? You need years of experience to help someone?
Just taking a tiny peak at all the teen service businesses alone should persuade you to think otherwise.

Just start complimenting people.
Help with the dishes.
Like my posts.
Ask if someone needs any help.
Ask if you can give a car wash.

All these things you can do instantly and you help someone with it.

Though there are teenagers, for example, that do a shit job and would rather not even spend a 5 minute youtube video on how to properly squeegee a window but this is a mindset problem imo, not a "I didn't study window cleaning for 3 years". I think these are the people you're talking about in your post.

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
580%
Apr 17, 2022
I've said this previously:

The new wave of "entrepreneurs" that need a guru to teach them how to get rich (for an easy one-time purchase of $xxxx) are nothing more than covert CONSUMERS trying to appear as PRODUCERS.

As soon as the novelty wears off and they wake up from their Lamborghini pipedream, they hit the mighty barrier of ENTRY - the impassable wall of competence, skill, knowledge, discipline, vision, work ethic, etc. A wall that will take years of blood, sweat, and tears to demolish.

Once they hit this wall, they do what all money chasers do: pivot to the next shiny object.

Many people wonder why the top 1% have more success than the bottom 80% - and they blame the evil capitalism for this outcome.

Wrong diagnosis, sweetheart:
  • Out of 100 people, 90 don't even start.
  • Of the remaining 10, 9 give up before the tree bears fruit.
  • 1 of them WINS.

This has nothing to do with luck or capitalism - but has everything to do with your willingness to keep working, learning, adapting, pivoting, experimenting, working even more, etc. in pursuit of your goals.

Ask and it shall be given.

But you need to really F*cking want it.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.